PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop Ja Morant?

PeroAntic
04-10-2022, 03:11 PM
I mean look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8dSNn6E5s

There is really nothing you can do. Time for Ja to win that championship, and next season play enough games to win the MVP.

AlternativeAcc.
04-10-2022, 03:13 PM
Play him 40 minutes and watch his team win less games than they would without him

Spurs m8
04-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Just toying with them

Watch the bran stans get upset...

John_Connor
04-10-2022, 03:24 PM
Just toying with them

Watch the bran stans get upset...

I might be the only non bran stan that shits on curry and Ja.. but I'm just the most fair honest poster so I have no real bias. I shit on luka when he f*cks up more than anyone and he's my favorite player

ja is flashy and fun to watch but he's simply not good for their team chemistry. some teams don't need a ball dominant guy

PeroAntic
04-10-2022, 04:08 PM
ja is flashy and fun to watch but he's simply not good for their team chemistry. some teams don't need a ball dominant guy

They do in the playoffs. There are a lot of flashy players but Ja is efficient, clutch and has insane winner mentality.

BarberSchool
04-10-2022, 04:11 PM
The ugly truth?

He doesn’t even weigh 175lbs soaking wet.
Utilize the physical size and strength of your full roster.
Backup PF has 6 fouls.
Backup C has 6 fouls.
No dirty flagrants, but hard fouls going for the ball whenever Ja gets in lane and backup PF & C are in.

Backup C & PF will get fouled back & screened very hard themselves by Steven Adams, so prepare them for that.

But the ugly truth is …
Beat him the fu@k up.
Bad Boys Pistons Jordan rules…
…as much as you can in this modern pu$$ified era.

insight
04-10-2022, 04:21 PM
I mean look at this:

There is really nothing you can do. Time for Ja to win that championship, and next season play enough games to win the MVP.

What are you talking about? That was terrible defense! Nothing special about that at all. Ja is exciting to watch but farrrrr from unstoppable.

ShawkFactory
04-10-2022, 05:03 PM
Rose and no Ja?

You certainly have a type.

HylianNightmare
04-10-2022, 05:06 PM
Rose and no Ja?

You certainly have a type.
The most exciting kind of guards

j3lademaster
04-10-2022, 05:20 PM
Rose and no Ja?

You certainly have a type.tbf, you can't be a basketball fan and not enjoying watching those guys.

BarberSchool
04-10-2022, 05:22 PM
I mean look at this:

The way you stop that is:

1. Demand refs watch Adams “lead blocking” for a patient Ja, with moving screens. This play was not that dissimilar from an angular off tackle run in football, with Adams as the pull lineman.

2. Inform weakside paint rotation defender (CJ in this instance) to make a very aggressive strip attempt AND very aggressive shot block attempt. Strip attempts should utilize invading Ja’s groundspace with body contact, to knock his very light frame off balance and totally eliminate all his forward momentum with body contact (easy since every player on the floor has more body mass than Ja. Shot block attempt should aim for aggressive swatting ball contact first, but don’t shy away from slamming your body into his and knocking him down, AFTER the block attempt. Ja is very very slender and his durability will be tested greatly with playoff paint defense.

CJ did nothing but watch Ja finesse a high rising lefty scoop (which was very pretty)

Spurs m8
04-10-2022, 05:37 PM
tbf, you can't be a basketball fan and not enjoying watching those guys.

Unless you're a bron stan...

And you like watching ugly, clunky, hold until hot potato, anti-clutch, team killing basketball

tpols
04-10-2022, 05:39 PM
Take two steps back.

FultzNationRISE
04-10-2022, 05:39 PM

And you like watching ugly, clunky, hold until hot potato, anti-clutch, team killing basketball

Fight me right now.

ShawkFactory
04-10-2022, 05:49 PM
tbf, you can't be a basketball fan and not enjoying watching those guys.

Oh I’m not saying they aren’t fun as hell to watch. I was a Ja > Zion guy at draft time. Made my wife watch Murray State games despite her protests.

It’s just funny that the biggest Rose guy now picks the closest comp. There’s so many good players.

ShawkFactory
04-10-2022, 05:50 PM

There’s a huge amount of middle ground here.

Your little pea brain can’t comprehend that though.

BigShotBob
04-10-2022, 06:23 PM
Pack the paint and turn him into a jump shooter

Real Men Wear Green
04-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Great player but his career is going to coincide with Doncic which means he's going to have to have a 30/10 level season to ever win MVP.

PeroAntic
04-10-2022, 07:55 PM
Great player but his career is going to coincide with Doncic which means he's going to have to have a 30/10 level season to ever win MVP.
If his team is better than Doncic's and he keeps up this level of flamboyance, he can afford to have a couple of points and assists less and still win MVP. Especially if Doncic has already won.

Real Men Wear Green
04-10-2022, 08:00 PM
If his team is better than Doncic's and he keeps up this level of flamboyance, he can afford to have a couple of points and assists less and still win MVP. Especially if Doncic has already won.

Doncic is going to be the biggest obstacle but there are others that will be in the conversation. It's hard to use winning as the argument when his team is on pace to have the best record of all time without him. And if the supporting cast declines to the point wager they rely on him to win games they won't be the elite team he will need around him to compete for a championship. He's going to have to put up numbers that can't be overlooked.

k0kakw0rld
04-10-2022, 08:01 PM
Pack the paint and turn him into a jump shooter

The Giannis treatment

ClipperRevival
04-10-2022, 08:52 PM
One of THE most freakish athletes to ever step on an NBA court. Some of the stuff he's done is all-time stuff. And his skills are getting better. It's going to be exciting to see what his ceiling is. And I LOVE his mentality. He gets after it.

https://youtu.be/b_HwYECZ0e4

https://youtu.be/5CctfxNooZk

PeroAntic
04-10-2022, 08:55 PM
Doncic is going to be the biggest obstacle but there are others that will be in the conversation. It's hard to use winning as the argument when his team is on pace to have the best record of all time without him. And if the supporting cast declines to the point wager they rely on him to win games they won't be the elite team he will need around him to compete for a championship. He's going to have to put up numbers that can't be overlooked.

If he keeps up the highlights, plus the fact that he has no obvious all star teammate it would give him the edge given similar stats. And weve established that its complete nonsense to say that team is better without him.

Axe
04-10-2022, 09:06 PM
There’s a huge amount of middle ground here.

Your little pea brain can’t comprehend that though.
:oldlol:

Fugly m8 isn't just capable of making posts in threads without bringing up kong's name, hell even in the ones that have nothing to do with him at all. That's called outright lds.

Pointguard
04-10-2022, 09:26 PM
I mean look at this:

Yes Kyrie did lay it on them a couple of days ago. He is amazing.