PDA

View Full Version : So who wins the chip this year?

ClipperRevival
04-10-2022, 08:33 PM
Let's keep the format like this:

1) Main pick to win
2) Secondary pick due to some unforeseen circumstance happening to your fist pick
3) Darkhorse pick

Me:

1) PHX - They've been the best team all season from start to finish.
2) MIL- I envision a finals rematch and see MIL winning if CP3 still holds to his choking ways.
3) MEM - Really like this team. They play with a confidence and looseness and have a superstar in Ja.

fsvr54
04-10-2022, 08:38 PM
1. 76ers
2. Suns
3. Nuggets

Manny98
04-10-2022, 08:40 PM
Main pick: Nets
Second Pick: Warriors
Unforseen: Dallas

tontoz
04-10-2022, 08:44 PM
I agree with 1 and 2, not 3.

Memphis has been winning in part by outworking their opponents and getting a lot of fast break points. It is tougher to do both in the playoffs. Plus they have the 2nd best record in the league which isn't really a dark horse lol.

As far as my dark horse I am going with Dallas. They have been hot the 2nd half of the season with Luka playing like a MVP. Might have gone with Boston if it wasn't for the injury to the Time Lord.

John_Connor
04-10-2022, 08:53 PM
sun's duh

it's bookers team now so Chris Paul's choking won't inhibit them this time

Proctor
04-10-2022, 09:06 PM
1) Heat
2) Nets
3) Warriors

NBAGOAT
04-10-2022, 09:24 PM
1. Suns (best most complete team in the league)

2. Sixers(most people will pick milwaukee deservedly but I still believe in harden. people forget how bad milwaukee played at times in the playiffs, khris is super streaky but mil relies on him as a 2nd option. Really like jrue and he'll be better than he was last year but he's not a 2nd scorer on a title team)

3. Jazz(playing really bad right now but they can beat anyone if they get hot. Still have a lot of talent on the team and will get warriors with rusty steph or dallas in 1st rd, maybe memphis in 2nd)

1987_Lakers
04-10-2022, 09:29 PM
Suns, Warriors, Bucks, Nets,...and mayyybe the Sixers.

Those are the only teams I can see winning this year.

Any other team would be a surprise to me. Will be interested to see what Boston, Miami, & Memphis produce.

Still don't get the Dallas dark horse picks, 2nd round at best for them.

RRR3
04-10-2022, 09:41 PM
1. Suns (best most complete team in the league)

2. Sixers(most people will pick milwaukee deservedly but I still believe in harden. people forget how bad milwaukee played at times in the playiffs, khris is super streaky but mil relies on him as a 2nd option. Really like jrue and he'll be better than he was last year but he's not a 2nd scorer on a title team)

3. Jazz(playing really bad right now but they can beat anyone if they get hot. Still have a lot of talent on the team and will get warriors with rusty steph or dallas in 1st rd, maybe memphis in 2nd)
You're not winning a ring starting Rudy Toody at center in 2022.

RRR3
04-10-2022, 09:42 PM
Suns or Warriors. Warriors need to get Steph healthy to win obviously.

AlternativeAcc.
04-10-2022, 09:43 PM
Steph has the best supporting cast in the league, both talent and experience wise. There's no team that can match his casts shooting and defensive versatility. It's not even close.

That means the Warriors should win this title fairly easily. Sun's will be tough, Bucks/Nets also, but ultimately, the Warriors should prevail.

I suspect Klay would/will be FMVP in this scenario. Man, that'd be sweet for him. Poetic.

BarberSchool
04-10-2022, 10:55 PM
1. Bucks
Lopez return really opens up that lane for everyone else.

2. Suns
Best depth

3. 76ers
Embiid is finally taking sh!t seriously.
Can Harden overcome changes in officiating ?

Dark horse: Nets
(if they avoid Toronto’s vaccine mandates)

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-10-2022, 11:35 PM
Anybody who thinks Dallas is dumb LOL

Their like 2017 harden rockets. A good regular season team led by a stat stuffer star and role players. Will get exposed and destroyed in playoffs

BarberSchool
04-10-2022, 11:53 PM
I agree with 1 and 2, not 3.

Memphis has been winning in part by outworking their opponents and getting a lot of fast break points. It is tougher to do both in the playoffs. Plus they have the 2nd best record in the league which isn't really a dark horse lol.

As far as my dark horse I am going with Dallas. They have been hot the 2nd half of the season with Luka playing like a MVP. Might have gone with Boston if it wasn't for the injury to the Time Lord.Dallas is playing .750 ball since the all star break, and their offense is clicking big time this final month, averaging 130-something this final few weeks.

They can get past Utah, but PHX is gonna be nearly impossible for them. If the Warriors would have lost tonight, Dallas could have maybe faced a PHX team one round later, but 2nd round against PHX will be uphill big time, since no one among the play in teams will take the first round series past 5 games with PHX, so PHX will be plenty fresh in the 2nd round, barring injury.

1987_Lakers
04-10-2022, 11:57 PM
They can get past Utah, but PHX is gonna be nearly impossible for them. If the Warriors would have lost tonight, Dallas could have maybe faced a PHX team one round later, but 2nd round against PHX will be uphill big time, since no one among the play in teams will take the first round series past 5 games with PHX, so PHX will be plenty fresh in the 2nd round, barring injury.

Yea, playing the Suns in the 2nd round will be a daunting task.

tontoz
04-11-2022, 08:01 AM
Doncic has a calf strain. I guess i put the hex on him.

ArbitraryWater
04-11-2022, 08:27 AM
Bucks, Suns, GSW, Mavs.

Charlie Sheen
04-11-2022, 01:14 PM
Suns. Their team defense is much improved from last season. They are not giving away possession on the glass because you are seeing another guy helping on ayton's guy when he's left to help on defense. I would be surprised if anyone took more than 2 games from them in a series.