PDA

View Full Version : It's hard to be a LeBron fan sometimes (Frank Vogel firing)

Im Still Ballin
04-11-2022, 11:14 AM
He could easily stick up for his coach; if he said 'don't fire him' they wouldn't. But, obviously, that's not the type of guy that LeBron is. He's never been that kind of guy. I remember when he tried to get Erik Spoelstra fired but Pat Riley wasn't having any of that. I'm pretty sure he also had something to do with Silas, Brown and Blatt.

Always looking for a scapegoat. Someone or something to blame shortcomings on. Not meeting expectations.

Akeem34TheDream
04-11-2022, 02:32 PM
It's obviously only business for him. He also cares about the optics too much but i don't think Lebron had much to say in this firing.

FultzNationRISE
04-11-2022, 02:39 PM
He could easily stick up for his coach; if he said 'don't fire him' they wouldn't. But, obviously, that's not the type of guy that LeBron is. He's never been that kind of guy. I remember when he tried to get Erik Spoelstra fired but Pat Riley wasn't having any of that. I'm pretty sure he also had something to do with Silas, Brown and Blatt.

Always looking for a scapegoat. Someone or something to blame shortcomings on. Not meeting expectations.

Well but heres the deal: Vogel’s not a bad coach, but Lebron deserves the BEST coach that can be had.

It is the Lakers duty to strive to give Lebron the best staff money can buy.

Charlie Sheen
04-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Well but heres the deal: Vogel’s not a bad coach, but Lebron deserves the BEST coach that can be had.

From my understanding of all the reporter gossip, the coach is just going to be a puppet with Rambis pulling the strings behind the scenes. The Lakers upper management is a greater level of micromanagement than we have criticized lebron for. When you refuse to delegate any decision making, the way this season unfolded isn't really surprising.

Bronbron23
04-11-2022, 03:06 PM

Bro you don't get it. Bron dosn't want one of the best coaches because a top coach is gonna force bron to play within a system with alot more on and off ball movement. This will take bron away from a ball dominating system which would reduce his stats albeit he would win more.

The closest bron ever had to this was in mia and apparently he didn't like that system either.

bison
04-11-2022, 03:16 PM
We know LeGM is traditionally a coachkiller but he can't be blamed for Vogel being gone. Pelinka took away all of Vogel's defensive minded role players and replaced it with slow, ball dominant geriatrics. Vogel was f*cked from the beginning. Any coach would have struggled to make the playoffs with this team.

PP34Deuce
04-11-2022, 03:50 PM
The Lakers situation to me screams 3 power struggles.

Team Buss-- Jeanie and her consultants(Rambis)
Team Pelinka- High powered agent turned GM (Slightly in over his head)
Team Klutch- Bron and Rich Paul

Each team is self serving but knows how to play the game. Vogel to me was a Pelinka hire. I can't see Bron or Jeannie presenting that option.

Ultimately Lebron isn't going anywhere. He's chosen LA to retire. I think you see him sign a 2 year 60-65 million dollar contract and retire at 40-41.

I think the unified plan is to trade Westbrook. Get younger vets (26-29 year old) vet above average players and trade THT's potential for a wing.

I think they keep Austin Reaves as they will lose Monk(He's going to want 20-24M a year)

bison
04-11-2022, 04:27 PM
I think they keep Austin Reaves as they will lose Monk(He's going to want 20-24M a year)

What?? thats borderline all star salary. Monk will not get more than 10-12M a year.

PP34Deuce
04-11-2022, 05:39 PM
What?? thats borderline all star salary. Monk will not get more than 10-12M a year.

I see him getting 11-14M a year. He's still young and can score. He's basically Lou Williams lite. You're right def not $20M+ I forgot he had stretches on great scoring and also had several 8-12 point games.

NBAGOAT
04-11-2022, 06:20 PM
The Lakers situation to me screams 3 power struggles.

Team Buss-- Jeanie and her consultants(Rambis)
Team Pelinka- High powered agent turned GM (Slightly in over his head)
Team Klutch- Bron and Rich Paul

Each team is self serving but knows how to play the game. Vogel to me was a Pelinka hire. I can't see Bron or Jeannie presenting that option.

Ultimately Lebron isn't going anywhere. He's chosen LA to retire. I think you see him sign a 2 year 60-65 million dollar contract and retire at 40-41.

I think the unified plan is to trade Westbrook. Get younger vets (26-29 year old) vet above average players and trade THT's potential for a wing.

this is mostly correct but monk's not getting 20mil a year lol. More like malik beasley money 10-15 and yea they're likely losing him. This is where you hope westbrook fetches you a starter or even 2.

John_Connor
04-11-2022, 06:47 PM
and people wonder why lebron has no hall of fame coaches. he either gets them all fired or he leaves the team in ruins after every 4 years

NBAGOAT
04-11-2022, 06:51 PM
and people wonder why lebron has no hall of fame coaches. he either gets them all fired or he leaves the team in ruins after every 4 years

spoelstra will be in hof for sure. way better resume than say tomjanovich. we'll see about lue but I think he has a chance. Clippers are in a good position and he's just a really good coach.

bladefd
04-11-2022, 07:08 PM
this is mostly correct but monk's not getting 20mil a year lol. More like malik beasley money 10-15 and yea they're likely losing him. This is where you hope westbrook fetches you a starter or even 2.

There are rumors of Westbrook's expiring contract for Hayward & Rozier from Charlotte. Both have terrible contracts, and Charlotte will have to pay LaMelo/Bridges/Washington next summer. Hayward and Rozier take up too much of their long-term money.

I also read of Indiana could be interested in Westbrook & 2027 FRP for Hield & Brogdan. They could buyout or waive Westbrick so they don't have to deal with him. Haliburton can take over full-time. THT can be thrown in if Pacers still like him.

NBAGOAT
04-11-2022, 07:29 PM
There are rumors of Westbrook's expiring contract for Hayward & Rozier from Charlotte. Both have terrible contracts, and Charlotte will have to pay LaMelo/Bridges/Washington next summer. Hayward and Rozier take up too much of their long-term money.

I also read of Indiana could be interested in Westbrook & 2027 FRP for Hield & Brogdan. They could buyout or waive Westbrick so they don't have to deal with him. Haliburton can take over full-time. THT can be thrown in if Pacers still like him.

Either one is great. I’m leaning towards brogdon hield since I kind of given up on AD at the 5. Both packages have huge injury issues but you’re not giving up much in return

BigKobeFan
04-11-2022, 07:35 PM
He just wants to hire a black. That's always his agenda

AirBonner
04-11-2022, 07:37 PM
Vogel didn’t put much effort into coaching tbh

red1
04-11-2022, 07:37 PM
sometimes its not even the coaches fault. anyone can lose a lockerroom after some bad luck and an awful season.

a fresh start is a good thing sometimes. hard to shake off that much losing. they were getting whooped by 20 points at the start of every game in the first quarter.

paksat
04-11-2022, 08:27 PM
lakers could trade lebron and get at least 3 decent to good pieces due to some gullible GM who doesn't know a team killer when it's in front of his eyes.

but lakers won't do that, even with the whole stadium boo'ing him and wanting him gone yesterday.

Baller789
04-11-2022, 09:17 PM

Why would Lebron deserve the best coach when he's uncoachable?