PDA

View Full Version : Durant says Embiid is the real MVP, voters biased.

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 05:33 PM
"If I had to choose, I would go Joel Embiid. He led the league in scoring, double-doubles, his team won 50 games this year. Numbers were incredible. It's a great year."

"It's unfortunate," Durant said. "There's a lot of players that have been controlled by their narrative. Some of it has been because of the player, some of it just has been because of the perception of other people about that player. In Joel's case, more people just like Giannis and Jokic. It's as simple as that. They just prefer them more than Embiid's personality or his story, I guess."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33725164/kevin-durant-choose-joel-embiid-nba-mvp-season-numbers-were-incredible?platform=amp

Wow, KD speaking truth here.

Shogon
04-12-2022, 05:38 PM
KD is spewing bullshit.

Jokic's play from the center position is a rarer feat by far in NBA history than Embiid's.

They're both excellent players and the three of them(Giannis being the third) have really basically been the top 3 players in the NBA this year as far as the regular season goes.

Embiid's personality has nothing to do with anything.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 05:40 PM
Right, winning 3 more games makes such a huge difference.

I wonder who KD would rather have as his 2nd option instead of Kyrie: Maxey, Middleton or Barton.

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 05:43 PM
Why would Durant say this if it was bullshit?

What are his motivations?

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 05:44 PM
Yup.

Jokic and Giannis dont have legitimate arguments. Only Embiid does.

The only reason people would select them is preference for their personalities. Embiid is the only player in the league with a basketball case for MVP.

It is what it is.

Mask the Embiid
04-12-2022, 05:45 PM
All the players say Embiid....What would they have to gain from lying???? KD is not in the running for MVP he has no horse in the race.... IF anything if it really was jokic or giannis to them, they could risk pissing one of themoff and have them go off on their team the next time they play them.

now who should i believe? People who actually play against these players on a daily basis or a middle-aged balding man who has never touched a basketball in his life on a competitive level? hmm tough choice....imma go with the actual players....but thats just me

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 05:46 PM

https://images.slideplayer.com/47/11723669/slides/slide_5.jpg

:confusedshrug:

https://c.tenor.com/naBLgeJc08wAAAAC/stupid-as-shit-grace.gif

AlternativeAcc.
04-12-2022, 05:54 PM
That's an awful take.

I like how his argument is more points, double doubles, and 50 wins. And then doesn't elaborate any further. That's a casual fans take

tontoz
04-12-2022, 06:03 PM
That's an awful take.

I like how his argument is more points, double doubles, and 50 wins. And then doesn't elaborate any further. That's a casual fans take

Yeah lets just ignore efficiency, rebounding and assists.

If getting to the foul line was the primary criteria for winning the MVP then Embiid would be the easy choice.

Gohan
04-12-2022, 06:10 PM
If jokic wins mvp aint worth sh1t and that goes for fmvp too. He is just white which is the only reason hes considered. When will the racism stop? I know me and mask the embiid agree on embiid and i would say neither one of us are biased. What a shame we just cant shake whitey

jokic lead the league in double doubles and had 20 more than giannis and embiid

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxr39xrP7s1rn95k2o1_500.gif

FireDavidKahn
04-12-2022, 06:19 PM
LOL.

Jokic leads Joel in every stat except PPG (by 3.5) and BPG (by 0.6)

Jokic also demolishes him in all the advanced stats as well as the normal stats.

Gohan
04-12-2022, 06:20 PM
jokic lead the league in double doubles and had 20 more than giannis and embiid

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxr39xrP7s1rn95k2o1_500.gif

He leads the league in favoritism wins from the refs because hes white too. If youre not going to give it too embiid give it to giannis. Anyone but jokb1tch

Mask the Embiid
04-12-2022, 06:23 PM
Who should i trust in mvp voting.....

These people? "JOKIC ALL THE WAY!!!! Did you see the advance metrics post all-star break?"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-cozGLQM0GzGS42XFOJ6t73ZLj0sEg-8VHg&usqp=CAU
https://2paragraphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Adrian-Woj-and-Zach-Lowe-on-ESPN-620x375.jpg

or these people? "Not gonna lie embiid is unstoppable and kicked our ass the whole game"

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/iXdeot5P2izWIZqT4Uw7YbpqKrA=/0x0:3633x2422/1200x800/filters:focal(1553x626:2133x1206)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/68477479/usa_today_10143220.0.jpg

Shogon
04-12-2022, 06:25 PM

These people? "JOKIC ALL THE WAY!!!! Did you see the advance metrics post all-star break?"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-cozGLQM0GzGS42XFOJ6t73ZLj0sEg-8VHg&usqp=CAU
https://2paragraphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Adrian-Woj-and-Zach-Lowe-on-ESPN-620x375.jpg

or these people? "Not gonna lie embiid is unstoppable and kicked our ass the whole game"

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/iXdeot5P2izWIZqT4Uw7YbpqKrA=/0x0:3633x2422/1200x800/filters:focal(1553x626:2133x1206)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/68477479/usa_today_10143220.0.jpg

None of the above because everyone in all three of the pictures you embedded are stupid people.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 06:25 PM
He leads the league in favoritism wins from the refs because hes white too. If youre not going to give it too embiid give it to giannis. Anyone but jokb1tch

If the refs are favoring Jokic then why does Embiid get to the foul line almost twice as often?

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 06:32 PM

True.

And to be fair, Bron and KD know talent when they see it.

Hence this year’s successes with Harden, Kyrie and Westbrook.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 06:33 PM
True.

:roll:

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-12-2022, 06:35 PM
Durant has the self awareness of a door knob as seen with his warriors signing. Why the hell should i listen to that moron

Shogon
04-12-2022, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gsIcCutXs

I guess Jalen Rose and Steven A Smith are also voting Jokic because they like his skin color better and don't like Embiid's attitude.

Mask the Embiid
04-12-2022, 06:38 PM
True.

and yet they've been to 15 nba finals between the 2....how did they manage to do that with such a bad eye for talent????

Shogon
04-12-2022, 06:39 PM
and yet they've been to 15 nba finals between the 2....

Michael Jordan won 6 titles and is widely considered the GOAT. How'd he do again as a GM and as an owner?

Gohan
04-12-2022, 06:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gsIcCutXs

I guess Jalen Rose and Steven A Smith are also voting Jokic because they like his skin color better and don't like Embiid's attitude.

I know you aint trying to use them two sellout muphuckas?

Mask the Embiid
Michael Jordan won 6 titles and is widely considered the GOAT. How'd he do again as a GM and as an owner?

what does being a owner have to do with MVP voting.....Do owners vote? Do owners make every decision when it comes to the roster?

How did jerry west do as a gm?

Full Court
MVP is subjective and more nuanced than just who is the better player or made statistical accomplishments.

The fact is that Embiid or Jokic or Giannis all could win MVP, and it would be completely legit.

Or Morant. :oldlol:

John8204
04-12-2022, 06:41 PM
Not a big fan of Durant as a person but he's not wrong here...low seed guys shouldn't get MVP's...even Embiid at 4 is a little low for my taste (Morant and Booker should be the discussion)

ShawkFactory
04-12-2022, 06:42 PM
Seems like it might be him who's biased and not the media here.

Mask the Embiid
04-12-2022, 06:44 PM
Seems like it might be him who's biased and not the media here.

no....he's played against both.....he knows who is better :oldlol:....you just dont like this answer.....so he's biased

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2022, 06:46 PM
Bullshit.

The only reason KD feels compelled to make Embiid's case, is because Embiid is black and Jokic is a white euro.

If Embiid was the white euro, he would in no way make the case against his fellow black American.

And that's the sad truth.

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 06:46 PM
and yet they've been to 15 nba finals between the 2....how did they manage to do that with such a bad eye for talent????

Well Lebron is Lebron and I'm not here to criticize the GOAT.

But the Warriors recruited KD to come to them when they already had a squad, so it wasn't exactly a tough call. Harden and Irving are the only guys he's handpicked to join him, and so far that's not working out so well.

Gohan
04-12-2022, 06:47 PM
Bullshit.

The only reason KD feels compelled to make Embiid's case, is because Embiid is black and Jokic is a white euro.

If Embiid was the white euro, he would in no way make the case against his fellow black American.

Same reason honkeys on here making a case for jokic it goes both ways snitch

Mask the Embiid
04-12-2022, 06:50 PM
Bullshit.

Giannis is black....Embiid is not american......seek immediate psychological help

BarberSchool
04-12-2022, 06:50 PM
LOL.

Jokic leads Joel in every stat except PPG (by 3.5) and BPG (by 0.6)

Jokic also demolishes him in all the advanced stats as well as the normal stats.This is true, and he was missing his 2nd and 3rd best players on the team all year.

But I would still prefer to see Embiid win it, because this is the first year we saw Embiid take himself seriously. He still didn’t play a full season, but when he played, he finally showed what he is truly capable of.

I wish some of my brethren could get past a slow doughy Balkan’s white skin. His people literally NEVER opressed Africans. His people NEVER owned African slaves, EVER. But his people were owned as slaves.

If we really want to get deep into history, SLAVIC people with -ic suffixes on their names, were SLAVes to the Roman Empire & Ottoman Empire, FOR LONGER THAN AFRICANS were SLAVes to the Spanish/Portuguese/Jews/British/French man. “White skin” does not equal slave owner, often, for the white-skinned people with klunky last names that are hard to pronounce, they themselves were slaves too, to either Romans, Turks, Arabs, etc.

Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis all deserve this year’s MVP, and skin color has nothing to do with it.

Grow up and don’t let our great great great grandparents trauma haunt us.

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2022, 06:51 PM
Same reason honkeys on here making a case for jokic it goes both ways snitch

the media would LOVE to guy with the new guy over the already MVP winner who has no chance of winning this year....

they don't simply because he is the mvp.

Gohan
04-12-2022, 06:52 PM
This is true, and he was missing his 2nd and 3rd best players on the team all year.

But I would still prefer to see Embiid win it, because this is the first year we saw Embiid take himself seriously. He still didn’t play a full season, but when he played, he finally showed what he is truly capable of.

I wish some of my brethren could get past a slow doughy Balkan’s white skin. If we really want to get deep into history, SLAVIC people with -ic suffixes on their names, were slaves to the Roman Empire & Ottoman Empire, FOR LONGER THAN AFRICANS were slaves to the Spanish/Portuguese/Jews/British/French man. “White skin” does not equal slave owner, often, for the white people with klunky last names that are hard to pronounce, they themselves were slaves too, to either Romans, Turks, Arabs, etc.

Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis all deserve this year’s MVP, and skin color has nothing to do with it.

Grow up and don’t let our great great great grandparents trauma haunt us.

Memphis was missing ja for alot of the year and they still did good. The 2nd and 3rd best player thing is the most bullsh1t excuse

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 07:26 PM
Nobody has to worry. Embiid isn't winning MVP anytime soon. Jokic has it in the bag.

But notice that in this thread, as per usual throughout the internet, as soon as the mere mention of Embiid as MVP, everyone comes running out of the rafters trying to quote advance stats and stories about how shit the Nuggets team is.

That is the sort of thing KD is referring too. Point proven as far as I can see.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 07:33 PM
Nobody has to worry. Embiid isn't winning MVP anytime soon. Jokic has it in the bag.

But notice that in this thread, as per usual throughout the internet, as soon as the mere mention of Embiid as MVP, everyone comes running out of the rafters trying to quote advance stats and stories about how shit the Nuggets team is.

That is the sort of thing KD is referring too. Point proven as far as I can see.

That's nonsense. Even the people in this thread who say Jokic should be the MVP will acknowledge Embiid as 2 or 3 in the race.

And while I think Jokic is the favorite I don't think he has it in the bag. I also think Embiid and Giannis have had MVP caliber seasons. They just ran up against a buzzsaw.

Jokic has a decisive statistical advantage. Getting 3 more wins isn't enough to make up the difference.

John8204
04-12-2022, 07:40 PM
Bullshit.

Durant only has 1 MVP I don't think he likes the idea of Jokic who doesn't have a ring (and may never get one) having two MVP's.

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 07:57 PM

Lolwut.

Durant said people just like his personality.

Advanced stats and amount of support are arguments people use every single year and have nothing to do with anyone’s personality.

So, uhh... :lol

90sgoat
04-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Embiid doesn't deserve to win because he is a flopper.

It's that simple.

If you go the flopping route of basketball, then you start the season with a handicap.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 08:11 PM
I bet Durant isn't even aware Jokic shoots over 12% better than Embiid on 2s and that is where most points come from.

Durant didn't even play against Jokic at all this season. He doesn't have any special insight about Jokic's value.

Memphis was missing ja for alot of the year and they still did good. The 2nd and 3rd best player thing is the most bullsh1t excuse

memphis has 7-9 guys who are positives other than ja including jaren jackson jr. who lead the league in bpg and could make the all defensive team

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MenacingZestyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

BigShotBob
04-12-2022, 08:17 PM
I bet Durant isn't even aware Jokic shoots over 12% better than Embiid on 2s and that is where most points come from.

Durant didn't even play against Jokic at all this season. He doesn't have any special insight about Jokic's value.

I was going to say that Durant has played Embiid 4 times and Jokic zero so there's an obvious bias there

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 08:32 PM
I was going to say that Durant has played Embiid 4 times and Jokic zero so there's an obvious bias there

Which is fine, Durant can give credit to a guy that kicked their asses all year.

But it's weird Philly fans think anyone should see it as some kind of 'Aha!' moment.

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Lolwut.

Durant said people just like his personality.

Advanced stats and amount of support are arguments people use every single year and have nothing to do with anyone’s personality.

So, uhh... :lol

What I was alluding too and what I believe Durant is talking about is people not liking Embiid's personality and that is why they prefer the other two. They just don't like the kid for who he is.

It is not that they necessarily think they Giannis and Joker have some great personality and that is the reason they should be MVP.

It's about Joel's personality, not the others. I think it is kinda hard to deny at this point, despite who you think the MVP is.

j3lademaster
04-12-2022, 09:10 PM
what does being a owner have to do with MVP voting.....Do owners vote? Do owners make every decision when it comes to the roster?

How did jerry west do as a gm?He's saying being a great player =/= great talent evaluator. And as far as Jerry West goes, no one said a great player couldn't be a great talent evaluator.

Saying KD's basketball opinions must be right because he is good at basketball is a logical fallacy. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority) If you want to argue Embiid as mvp, use examples of good plays, stats etc.

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 09:19 PM
What I was alluding too and what I believe Durant is talking about is people not liking Embiid's personality and that is why they prefer the other two. They just don't like the kid for who he is.

It is not that they necessarily think they Giannis and Joker have some great personality and that is the reason they should be MVP.

It's about Joel's personality, not the others. I think it is kinda hard to deny at this point, despite who you think the MVP is.

But advanced stats do favor Jokic. And his supporting cast is as weak, probably even moreso than Embiid’s.

And people have used those as measuring sticks long before Embiid became an MVP candidate.

So to claim theyre only using them now to spite Embiid? It just sounds silly.

durant doesn't seem intelligent or honest to me

someone should ask him when's the last time he picked up a book

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NaiveSlushyAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 09:36 PM
But advanced stats do favor Jokic. And his supporting cast is as weak, probably even moreso than Embiid’s.

And people have used those as measuring sticks long before Embiid became an MVP candidate.

So to claim theyre only using them now to spite Embiid? It just sounds silly.

We all know the advanced stats. Constantly reminded of them everytime Embiid's name is mentioned.

And the supporting cast argument gets nothing from me. You are talking to the wrong guy with what has happened to the Sixers this season.

What about the Giannis arguments? Remember when Giannis blocked Joel once and the refs f"cked up the call costing Philadelphia the game and somehow that negated the entire season to put him ahead of Joel in the MVP race? That's a real argument people had against him.

It's all talk and bullshit in the end that means little but the fact is Joel is not well liked generally compared to Giannis and Joker and will never beat them in an internet popularity contest.

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 09:45 PM
We all know the advanced stats. Constantly reminded of them everytime Embiid's name is mentioned.

And the supporting cast argument gets nothing from me. You are talking to the wrong guy with what has happened to the Sixers this season.

What about the Giannis arguments? Remember when Giannis blocked Joel once and the refs f"cked up the call costing Philadelphia the game and somehow that negated the entire season to put him ahead of Joel in the MVP race? That's a real argument people had against him.

It's all talk and bullshit in the end that means little but the fact is Joel is not well liked generally compared to Giannis and Joker and will never beat them in an internet popularity contest.

Harden, Westbrook, Lebron all have plenty of “personality” haters and they won MVPs.

Sorry man. Embiid’s not a victim. Nobody’s holdin him down. He had a phenomenal year. Joker’s was just slightly more impressive from start to finish. Thats all there is to it.

If you wanna pump him up bc youre Philly Fam, go ahead. Thats what fans do.

I just wouldnt go too crazy, bc a majority across the country who arent invested in either guy generally agree with what I just said. So it’s pretty clear which side the real bias is on.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 09:46 PM
Embiid finished 2nd in the MVP race last year in spite of missing 21 games so the idea that voters don't like his personality and therefore won't vote for him is idiotic.

Embiid missed 14 games this season. When was the last time a MVP missed that many games?

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 09:56 PM
Embiid finished 2nd in the MVP race last year in spite of missing 21 games so the idea that voters don't like his personality and therefore won't vote for him is idiotic.

Embiid missed 14 games this season. When was the last time a MVP missed that many games?

And how many first place votes did he get?

Is the fact people just don't like Joel the only factor. No, but it is a factor.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 10:01 PM
And how many first place votes did he get?

Is the fact people just don't like Joel the only factor. No, but it is a factor.

Of course he didn't get many first place votes missing 21 games . Jokic didn't miss any games and had monster stats. Embiid had less of a chance last year than he does now.

When people were talking about Morant as MVP I looked at missed games from previous MVPs. I went back to Iverson in 2001 and none of the winners missed more than 12. Almost all of them missed less than 10.

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 10:20 PM
Of course he didn't get many first place votes missing 21 games . Jokic didn't miss any games and had monster stats. Embiid had less of a chance last year than he does now.

When people were talking about Morant as MVP I looked at missed games from previous MVPs. I went back to Iverson in 2001 and none of the winners missed more than 12. Almost all of them missed less than 10.

And Jokic deserved it last year no question not a great example really.

But like you said this year is closer, well apparently anyway. Ultimately the vote totals will tell the final story, particularly the second place votes imho. The thing is we aren't going to find out for months now

AlternativeAcc.
04-12-2022, 10:27 PM
And Jokic deserved it last year no question not a great example really.

But like you said this year is closer, well apparently anyway. Ultimately the vote totals will tell the final story, particularly the second place votes imho. The thing is we aren't going to find out for months now

They won't tell anything that we don't know. Jokic is the MVP and will win convincingly. Giannis and Embiid will be super tight for 2nd place, and is a toss up. Giannis is better but embiid has the narrative edge. It'll be tight.

There's nothing up in the air.

tontoz
04-12-2022, 10:30 PM
From another thread here are some confirmed picks.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220412-222832.jpg

Interesting that 3 of the guys picking Embiid are white.

fourkicks44
04-12-2022, 10:38 PM
They won't tell anything that we don't know. Jokic is the MVP and will win convincingly. Giannis and Embiid will be super tight for 2nd place, and is a toss up. Giannis is better but embiid has the narrative edge. It'll be tight.

There's nothing up in the air.

You talking about the fact we already know Embiid is disliked?

The Votes will tell us how much he is disliked by how many 2nd place votes Giannis gets.

AlternativeAcc.
04-12-2022, 10:43 PM
You talking about the fact we already know Embiid is disliked?

The Votes will tell us how much he is disliked by how many 2nd place votes Giannis gets.

Embiids case isn't any stronger than Giannis, so it won't say anything about him allegedly being disliked if he doesn't get as many 2nd place votes.

Giannis is the better player. Had a better season :confusedshrug:

Simple as that

Chuckbe
04-12-2022, 10:45 PM
Durant is also the same piece of shit that didn't even list Jokic in his top 5 for MVP in one of his post game interviews.

does giannis have a "likeable personality"

how many do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVaFbm_W8rU

https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/47388977_10156686447816006_7322792606864244736_n.j pg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_p320x320_q65&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=m3fVR9OH7TwAX_1aut6&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-mJpfssVSydRatU1OIKPH1fhOFJaVoUMu_JEp2sGdhgg&oe=627ADA4A

for the sake of avoiding "bias" here's jokic hitting back after getting hit unlike giannis who just seems to love violence but somehow still won 2 mvps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8T53X_fx0

1987_Lakers
04-13-2022, 12:45 AM
In Joel's case, more people just like Giannis and Jokic. It's as simple as that. They just prefer them more than Embiid's personality or his story, I guess." - KD

KD is wrong here, if anything Embiid is one of the most loved personalities in the NBA and from what I've seen is pretty well liked by media people.

The reason why Jokic will win MVP is because he led his team to similar wins compared to Embiid & Giannis while playing with a least talented roster, nobody can dispute this. Also, Jokic's advanced numbers this season are some of the best in NBA history.

Im Still Ballin
04-13-2022, 12:52 AM
It's not surprising KD would prefer Joel over Nikola. He's got a hard-on for 'pure scorers,' as if Jokic isn't one of the best shotmakers in the league. He'll overrate guys like DeRozan and Booker because they take mid-range shots.

k0kakw0rld
04-13-2022, 07:01 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33725164/kevin-durant-choose-joel-embiid-nba-mvp-season-numbers-were-incredible?platform=amp

Other than scoring more and defense there's nothing else Embiid does better. And it's not like Jokic is terrible defensively. He improved ever since he started getting in better shape. Jokic is the clear better player. He does everything on the court. He just broke his own PER record a mark set by him last year.

ShawkFactory
04-13-2022, 08:08 AM
no....he's played against both.....he knows who is better :oldlol:....you just dont like this answer.....so he's biased

I’ll allow you to that that’s the reason. It’s harmless I suppose.

tontoz
04-13-2022, 08:24 AM
This thread is literally the first time i have heard about Embiid being disliked by the media. He has been one of the most media friendly players in the league for years.

Shogon
04-13-2022, 08:30 AM
Jokic has played better. This comment from KD is probably about skin color and he's just too much of a chicken shit to come out and say it. Look... several people in this thread think Jokic is going to win because of his skin color as well, and some are being honest about their dogshit take and some of them are stupid enough to believe that they can hoodwink us into believing that they're being genuine when they say it's about personality.

The media has more fun with Joel than they do with Jokic because... Joel is funnier.

This has nothing to do with personality.

This is about one player having a better season and being even more valuable to his team than the other one.

It's KD being a passive aggressive little bitch and not coming out and saying he thinks Jokic is going to win because of his skin color, which, as I said previously, is an absolute dogshit take.

Remember people... it's ok to be racist in the 21st century, so long as it's against white people.

Since WHEN have the media disliked Joel Embiid for his personality? SINCE WHEN???

Shogon
04-13-2022, 10:04 AM
I thought more about this and I'm willing to give Durant the benefit of the doubt and assume that what he's really doing with Embiid here is projecting his own insecurity about scoring titles in his past and MVPs... onto Embiid's situation.

After all, Durant won 4 scoring titles and only 1 of those years did he win MVP. LeBron won MVP for 2 of KD's scoring titles, and Derrick Rose the other.

So... maybe he just thinks he should have won MVP all those years and that LeBron only won because the media liked his personality more. After all, Durant is abrasive with the media. Not Embiid. So the comments on a surface level make no sense.

Im Still Ballin
04-13-2022, 10:08 AM
I thought more about this and I'm willing to give Durant the benefit of the doubt and assume that what he's really doing with Embiid here is projecting his own insecurity about scoring titles in his past and MVPs... onto Embiid's situation.

After all, Durant won 4 scoring titles and only 1 of those years did he win MVP. LeBron won MVP for 2 of KD's scoring titles, and Derrick Rose the other.

So... maybe he just thinks he should have won MVP all those years and that LeBron only won because the media liked his personality more. After all, Durant is abrasive with the media. Not Embiid. So the comments on a surface level make no sense.

He has a tunnel-vision focus on scoring. Doesn't value much else apparently.

Jasper
04-13-2022, 10:16 AM

Was he on crack or Weed at the time ??
He has already said Giannis gets his 40 , and you have to stop the rest of the Bucks... lol

Sulico
04-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Durant also said his mom is the real MVP, so we should take his word with the grain of salt.

John_Connor
04-13-2022, 11:08 AM
either booker is the mvp or jokic is. the narrative or criteria that people are pushing to make embiid mvp is literally more in favor of jokic

- more important to your team

- playing with less talent

- statistical dominance

- dealing with missing teammates

all embiid has is the scoring title. jokic has the all time statistics title

embiid isn't doing anything historic

but my mvp is still booker based on the history of the award

hold this L
04-13-2022, 11:58 AM
I don't understand how this is a discussion. Giannis shouldn't even be in the conversation, as great as he's been. He has a similar record to Embiid who misses his 2nd best player all season and similar record to Jokic who missed his 2nd for the whole season and 3rd best for nearly the whole season. Jokic has done as much as those 2 guys while having to deal with catastrophic injuries.

1. Jokic
2. Embiid
3. Booker

Shogon
04-13-2022, 12:18 PM
The idea that Booker should even finish top 3 in the voting is absolutely asinine.

I don't care about the history of the award and needing to be on the winningest team or even towards the top of team wins as a prerequisite or some shit.

This guy is arguably not a top 10 player in the league. He's definitely NOT TOP 5. No he is not. It is not an opinion... it is a fact. This would almost be as stupid as giving Tatum the award.

It is the most prestigious INDIVIDUAL granted... INDIVIDUAL earned... INDIVIDUAL assigned... award... in the entire sport. The idea that your overall team has to be good enough for you to win an INDIVIDUAL award is the most ass backwards idiotic bullshit I've ever ****ing seen.

The MVP is a joke award and it always has been.

You're all retarded.

Devin Booker... MVP of the league... when he's not even close and yes I said not even close to being the caliber player of Embiid, Durant, Giannis, Jokic, etc... lol. lol. lol.

The Suns were 8 and 3 without Booker until the end of the season when they already had the 1st seed wrapped up. They're a really good team even if he dropped dead right now!

Maybe the voters are finally starting to pull their heads out of their ass, but I would bank on this being a temporary thing rather than a longstanding change.

1987_Lakers
04-13-2022, 12:36 PM
The Suns are 8 and 3 without Booker. They're a really good team even if he dropped dead right now!

They are actually 8-6 without Booker, BUT 3 of those losses were also without CP3.

The fact that the Suns have a winning record without Booker and without CP3 just shows how good of a team they are and I get your point, Booker is a borderline top 10 player AND his team isn't reliant on him as someone like Nash was to the Suns, hard to make a case for Booker.

ralph_i_el
04-13-2022, 12:57 PM

Managing expectations for when the Nets lose to the 6ers in the playoffs.

ralph_i_el
04-13-2022, 12:59 PM
The problem is, there's not a real case that any one of the three of Jokic, Giannis, or Embiid are "Better" than the other two this season. They've all played at an MVP level. There's a legitimate argument for all three. People should just celebrate that we have an era of absolutely elite big men again. Remember all the time people spent arguing who was better between Duncan, Dirk, and KG? History Repeats itself.

3ba11
04-13-2022, 01:05 PM
He sold me

Embiid is MVP

I'm all against manufactured media narratives and bias

ralph_i_el
04-13-2022, 01:13 PM
He sold me

Embiid is MVP

But what about Jokic's off-ball passing and navigational efficiency?

John_Connor
04-13-2022, 01:25 PM
The idea that Booker should even finish top 3 in the voting is absolutely asinine.

that's why I've never given any thought to who has more mvps. but to change the criteria once every so often to push an agenda cause you don't like the guy with 27/5/5 on a 64 win team is ludicrous. and nobody wins that many games without a 2nd guy at least on the level of a chris paul and most of the time it's someone better than him so booker is clearly the mvp going based on the awards history. but it's only used to keep the trophy out of someone's hands and the criteria only dropped to keep it out of someone's hands. it's a completely biased award with ever changing rules by voters that just wanna pick the most compelling story or to push a guy and make a new face of the nba or push a racist agenda. it's never been accurate so why start now. and even if they voted embiid it wouldn't be accurate cause jokic is clearly the best player in basketball. hes clearly had the best year and he's clearly the most valuable player to his team. the only reason to keep it out of his hands is cause he just won it last year and people don't think a sloppy looking white guy should be on that level all time and they still feel bad about making nash back to back winner cause it destroyed kobe and Shaqs chances at being in the goat Convo with MJ.

John_Connor
04-13-2022, 01:28 PM
He sold me

Embiid is MVP

but next year if Ja Morant has 27/5/5 on the grizzlies with 64 wins he would be run away mvp and he's even less valuable to his team than booker

because Ja is a dark black guy people like that isn't dating a kardashian and he's marketable

Patrick Chewing
04-13-2022, 02:05 PM
If jokic wins mvp aint worth sh1t and that goes for fmvp too. He is just white which is the only reason hes considered. When will the racism stop? I know me and mask the embiid agree on embiid and i would say neither one of us are biased. What a shame we just cant shake whitey

All the MVP's last year in all 4 Major Professional Sports were White. The fix is in.

BarberSchool
04-13-2022, 02:45 PM
Durant is also the same piece of shit that didn't even list Jokic in his top 5 for MVP in one of his post game interviews.Durant is a malnourished anorexic. Perhaps his distaste for body fat is so extreme, that jokic’s soft doughy build makes Durant disgusted enough to influence his ability to judge the skills and value of his contemporaries?

fourkicks44
04-13-2022, 04:54 PM
Since WHEN have the media disliked Joel Embiid for his personality? SINCE WHEN???

Have you ever listened to Bill Simmons?

The thing is today's voters include bloggers, podcasters, opinion writers, people that don't get much respect from me and I assume you too. They are heavily influenced by Twitter and fans on the internet. It's those people that don't like Joel and favor the other two. As you know Durant is obsessed with those voices and the Twitterverse.

On a side note, interesting to see Bones Hyland is tipped by NBA.com to make an All Rookie team.

Shogon
04-13-2022, 04:59 PM
Have you ever listened to Bill Simmons?

The thing is today's voters include bloggers, podcasters, opinion writers, people that don't get much respect from me and I assume you too. They are heavily influenced by Twitter and fans on the internet. It's those people that don't like Joel and favor the other two. As you know Durant is obsessed with those voices and the Twitterverse.

On a side note, interesting to see Bones Hyland is tipped by NBA.com to make an All Rookie team.

You're kidding, right? The fact that the biggest Boston homer in sports media is a Joel Embiid hater is somehow a surprise? And you base the entire media's viewpoint of Embiid on this guy and... Kevin Durant saying some dumb shit?

Come on bruh.

And besides, if that's all there was to it, then why is Embiid finishing over Giannis? KD is putting forth a nonsensical take, for whatever reason that I have already speculated on.

fourkicks44
04-13-2022, 05:09 PM
You're kidding, right? The fact that the biggest Boston homer in sports media is a Joel Embiid hater is somehow a surprise? And you base the entire media's viewpoint of Embiid on this guy and... Kevin Durant saying some dumb shit?

Come on bruh.

And besides, if that's all there was to it, then why is Embiid finishing over Giannis? KD is putting forth a nonsensical take, for whatever reason that I have already speculated on.

It was just one example. The fact Simmons is allowed to vote is a joke.

We don't honestly know if Embiid will finish over Giannis. We have to wait for the voting results to really drill into this.

AlternativeAcc.
04-13-2022, 05:23 PM

We don't honestly know if Embiid will finish over Giannis. We have to wait for the voting results to really drill into this.
Bill Simmons is one of the most knowledgeable and credible journalists out there. You're paranoid buddy. Embiid doesn't deserve MVP despite his crying to the media like a bitch.

tontoz
04-13-2022, 05:29 PM

Kblaze posted a straw poll (100 voters) a few weeks ago that had Giannis as a distant 3rd in the voting.

next stop hall of fame along with shake milton

Other than scoring more and defense there's nothing else Embiid does better. And it's not like Jokic is terrible defensively. He improved ever since he started getting in better shape. Jokic is the clear better player. He does everything on the court. He just broke his own PER record a mark set by him last year.

even though per is not considered one of the best advanced stats these days

if you go back through nba history to 1952 and look who lead the league in per each year

you could just give the mvp to whoever leads the league in per and there wouldn't be major crimes being committed

same goes for bpm

if a guy leads the league in per and bpm and all of the more advanced advanced stats like jokic did this year then dismissing them is a form of denial

fourkicks44
04-13-2022, 06:58 PM
next stop ha with shake milton

Bad to the Booonezzzz...

https://youtu.be/i4ysJ2PB6Vs

Don't f#ck with Delaware.

Bad to the Booonezzzz...

https://youtu.be/i4ysJ2PB6Vs

Don't f#ck with Delaware.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnconsciousLikelyDonkey-size_restricted.gif

ShawkFactory
04-13-2022, 07:45 PM
Bill Simmons is one of the most knowledgeable and credible journalists out there. You're paranoid buddy. Embiid doesn't deserve MVP despite his crying to the media like a bitch.

Yea that was a weird take. Simmons is very passionate about the game as a whole and is generally pretty unbiased.

He’s shat on Ben Simmons a lot I’m the last year but that’s about it for his nonstop shit.

plowking
04-13-2022, 09:41 PM
Both Giannis and Jokic have better stats and played more games. All with similar records though.

How is Embiid more valuable?

guys who won more than 2 per mvps

kareem-9
wilt-8
jordan-7
lebron-6
shaq-5
pettit-4
mikan-3
robinson-3

you could say these are the top 8 players of all time

https://64.media.tumblr.com/888aa1a834235919ed3e69644b51ab7d/tumblr_msgldiOmMA1ryiurlo1_500.gif

tontoz
04-13-2022, 11:26 PM
Both Giannis and Jokic have better stats and played more games. All with similar records though.

Giannis didn't play more games. He played one less than Embiid.

BarberSchool
04-13-2022, 11:33 PM
guys who won more than 2 per mvps

kareem-9
wilt-8
jordan-7
lebron-6
shaq-5
pettit-4
mikan-3
robinson-3

you could say these are the top 8 players of all time

https://64.media.tumblr.com/888aa1a834235919ed3e69644b51ab7d/tumblr_msgldiOmMA1ryiurlo1_500.gif
Appreciate the list.
But I don’t even think Hubie Brown would have the balls to include Mikan, Pettit, and Robinson in His all time TOP 8 in 2022.

fourkicks44
04-14-2022, 01:57 AM

As Tontoz pointed out Embiid didn't play less games than Giannis and for the record most of the games he missed was due to covid protocols. Take from that what you will but realize he wasn't allowed to play.

I implore you to read this article:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/joel-embiid-nba-mvp-case-for-against-stats-analysis-nikola-jokic-giannis-antetokounmpo/

NBAGOAT
04-14-2022, 04:23 AM
As Tontoz pointed out Embiid didn't play less games than Giannis and for the record most of the games he missed was due to covid protocols. Take from that what you will but realize he wasn't allowed to play.

I implore you to read this article:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/joel-embiid-nba-mvp-case-for-against-stats-analysis-nikola-jokic-giannis-antetokounmpo/

i dont agree with every point the writer made but he writes and argues very well.

Appreciate the list.
But I don’t even think Hubie Brown would have the balls to include Mikan, Pettit, and Robinson in His all time TOP 8 in 2022.

that's funny

the list basically tells a history of nba dominance

mikan during paleolithic times

pettit in the white americans hanging by a thread period

wilt signifying shift to blacks

kareem straddling the pre-post merger era

jordan household name in antarctica

robinson peaks during jordan's strikeout days

shaq wilt reincarnated

lebron starts the team hopping age

what next?

america continues to decline

international juggernauts like giannis jokic embiid take over

advanced stats elected emperor of the multiverse

eventually everything decays into nothingness

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeirdUnacceptableBear-size_restricted.gif

999Guy
04-14-2022, 08:23 AM

It’s called dumb. But at least you are basically admitting you are incapable of being objective in the first place. If it wasn’t already obvious.

999Guy
04-14-2022, 08:23 AM
Let it be known Jokic had a better defensive year as well.

fourkicks44
04-14-2022, 04:53 PM
It’s called dumb. But at least you are basically admitting you are incapable of being objective in the first place. If it wasn’t already obvious.

You are a perfect example of what Durant is talking about.

As soon as Joel's name is mentioned in a MVP conversation you come running out to discredit.

Point proven.

tontoz
05-13-2022, 12:02 PM

The voting results are in. Embiid got 26 first place votes. Giannis got only 9.

https://pr.nba.com/nikola-jokic-wins-2021-22-kia-nba-mvp-award/

fourkicks44
05-13-2022, 04:02 PM
The voting results are in. Embiid got 26 first place votes. Giannis got only 9.

https://pr.nba.com/nikola-jokic-wins-2021-22-kia-nba-mvp-award/

I saw this yesterday. I'm just waiting for the release of the ballots to see which voter votes for who.

It says they come out not long after all awards are announced.

kawhileonard2
05-13-2022, 10:10 PM
Whoever wins mvp back to back years when the 2nd year you are the 6th seed? It's usually you are a #1 or #2 seed for that to happen and usually #1 seed.