PDA

View Full Version : When Utah blows up this off-season who do they build around?

GrayGoat
04-12-2022, 06:51 PM
Mitchell? Gobert?

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 06:58 PM
Westbrook.

Send Mitchel and Gobert to LA.

theman93
04-12-2022, 06:59 PM
Build around Gobert

Send Mitchell to Orlando :rockon:

Full Court
04-12-2022, 07:03 PM
Mitchell, obviously.

imdaman99
04-12-2022, 11:05 PM
Mitchell to the Knicks. Max him

Wavy Crockett
04-15-2022, 04:47 AM
Hassan Whiteside

Mask the Embiid
04-15-2022, 06:26 AM
boy pride is a muthafuka :oldlol:.... they really are gonna blow up this team because both stars wont just put their pride aside and sacrific.....lol thank ya...never wanted to play yall in the Finals. whew :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2022, 12:51 PM
boy pride is a muthafuka :oldlol:.... they really are gonna blow up this team because both stars wont just put their pride aside and sacrific.....lol thank ya...never wanted to play yall in the Finals. whew :oldlol:

Gobert does nothing but sacrifice :facepalm

AlternativeAcc.
04-15-2022, 04:19 PM
Gobert does nothing but sacrifice :facepalm

he sacrificed the Jazz's future by accepting a max deal knowing damn well he's a role player and a 6th option scorer.

Snakeoil scumbag

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2022, 05:01 PM
he sacrificed the Jazz's future by accepting a max deal knowing damn well he's a role player and a 6th option scorer.

Snakeoil scumbag

He didn't even ask for the full max. One of the great bargains in the game. The role player that has carried a team for over 7 years! :cheers:

Axe
04-15-2022, 05:19 PM

Snakeoil scumbag
Yep, can't even carry coty and the jazz past the second round of the postseason!

SATAN
04-15-2022, 09:03 PM
Jordan Clarkson.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2022, 09:07 PM
Jordan Clarkson.

:oldlol:

Manny98
04-15-2022, 10:00 PM
Trade Mitchell to a team like the Heat for Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Gabe Vincent and a 1st

RRR3
04-15-2022, 10:15 PM
Trade Mitchell to a team like the Heat for Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Gabe Vincent and a 1st
I mean sure if the Jazz want to give us a ring I’ll happily do that.

Xiao Yao You
04-30-2022, 04:01 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2022/04/29/utah-jazz-donovan-mitchell-rudy-gobert-nba-playoffs-eliminated

This is basically where I'm at without knowing what's been going on in that locker room. COTM has to go! 3 straight playoffs without making adjustments! Clarkson has to go. He killed them most of the year. Move Bojan to the bench where he can concentrate on the one thing he does, score. Ideally you unload Gay's contract as well but maybe the new coach can get something out of him. He played his best ball at the end of the regular season before COTM decided to bench him for the playoffs

8Ball
04-30-2022, 04:11 PM

Snakeoil scumbag

Why wouldn't gobert demand and take the max? Money is money.

Blame ownership for throwing money at him.

Xiao Yao You
04-30-2022, 06:56 PM
ownership got one of the best players in the league for less than full value. They did fine there. Made their mistakes elsewhere

Axe
05-01-2022, 06:55 AM
Now he's going to cancun again, after almost 10 years of not being able to lead his team to the ecf... err, wcf i mean..

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Now he's going to cancun again, after almost 10 years of not being able to lead his team to the ecf... err, wcf i mean..

Ish when 7 years is almost 10 :lol

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 11:20 AM
Tim McMahon: ‘I know Rudy Gobert and Draymond Green have a great relationship… Any Golden State possibilities?’ Brian Windhorst: ‘I have heard that rumor out there… I guess it would be based around Andrew Wiggins… I don’t know. If the Warriors win the title I don’t know if they’re looking for a major shake-up. But the Warriors don’t have that big and they have young players and they have the Wiggins contract. … I don’t think they should be considered a leader but I think that’s on the board. I’ve definitely heard that.’ (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/significance-of-harden-time-for-change-in-utah/id293376147?i=1000559110238)
– via Apple Podcasts (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/significance-of-harden-time-for-change-in-utah/id293376147?i=1000559110238)

Brian Windhorst: ‘I think Pascal Siakam potentially could be available for the right trade. I don’t know if it’s for Rudy Gobert, though. To me the team that makes the most sense is Atlanta. Because their defense is horrific, it’s holding them back. (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/significance-of-harden-time-for-change-in-utah/id293376147?i=1000559110238) Trae Young has got to get better defensively. We understand he’s not going to be Gary Payton, but he has to improve, he’s got to try.’

– via Apple Podcasts (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/significance-of-harden-time-for-change-in-utah/id293376147?i=1000559110238)

How could Atlanta have horriffic D when Capela is basically the same player as Gobert supposedly? Going from Mitchell to Trae doesn't sound fair to Gobert

Brian Windhorst: ‘My feel is that Jazz are going to do some level of overhaul that does not include Donovan Mitchell in an attempt to to make Donovan more comfortable. (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/significance-of-harden-time-for-change-in-utah/id293376147?i=1000559110238) And that could work. It could work but it’s going to be difficult.’

Hope he's comfortable losing?

Tim MacMahon on Utah Jazz: ‘It feels like there’s going to be drastic change… You know, there’s been so much talk all year long. And like I told Donovan, when I asked him the question, straight up, I said, you can say it’s the media, but this is the talk around the league. It’s not being pulled out of thin air that Donovan Mitchell is going to ask out of his contract. (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/significance-of-harden-time-for-change-in-utah/id293376147?i=1000559110238) So I just said, you know, would you like to address that?’

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 11:40 AM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266764/Lakers-Have-Serious-Interest-In-Quin-Snyder

Lakers and him deserve each other! :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 11:41 AM
you cant build around gobert because he needs a better player than him

he is not even sidekick material, really

he's like deandre jordan on the lobcity clippers

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 11:43 AM
you cant build around gobert because he needs a better player than him

he is not even sidekick material, really

he's like deandre jordan on the lobcity clippers

and yet the Jazz have been built around him for 7 plus years

999Guy
05-01-2022, 12:00 PM
More interested in where Gobert actually goes.

If he manages to go somewhere with wings that are smart and athletic enough to help well/protect the rim without him it’s lights out for whatever conference he is in.

Boston, Toronto, GS, Phoenix, LAC. Even the Lakers. I know Pop would love him.

Can you imagine what Ty Lue would do to the NBA come playoff time with PG/Kawhi/Gobert to scheme with defensively?

Gobert is a ceiling raising final piece to an all-time juggernaut. A nuclear version of what Rasheed did for the Pistons. Annnnd dummies can’t see that, yet. Bookmarking this for a bump when he goes somewhere and pretty much bans elite offense with some actual defensive help.

999Guy
05-01-2022, 12:02 PM
It would look like comic book shit, but Gobert on like, the Nuggets would create a 60+ win team immediately even without Murray/MPJ.

I’d trade MPJ for him in a second, and I’m high on Porter.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 12:08 PM

If he manages to go somewhere with wings that are smart and athletic enough to help well/protect the rim without him it’s lights out for whatever conference he is in.

Can you imagine what Ty Lue would do to the NBA come playoff time with PG/Kawhi/Gobert to scheme with defensively?

Gobert is a ceiling raising final piece to an all-time juggernaut. A nuclear version of what Rasheed did for the Pistons. Annnnd dummies can’t see that, yet. Bookmarking this for a bump when he goes somewhere and pretty much bans elite offense with some actual defensive help.

you also told us the jazz would win the 2021 title and the 21 clips would be historic...

clearly youre high on gobert but somehow its never added up

999Guy
05-01-2022, 12:15 PM
you also told us the jazz would win the 2021 title and the 21 clips would be historic...

I’m glad you said this cause I deserve some flack for that.

But you have to understand, Gobert plus 4 guards is just unfair to him on a scheme level.

Guys who can’t box out, protect the rim, switch. It’s overextending him. Prehistoric Dwight Howard looked amazing when he played next to LBJ/AD just being good and smart next to him on the front court. It gave Gasol a few extra years he shouldn’t have.

When Lopez played next to Giannis/Middleton, he became an all-defense kind of guy. Brook was known as a soft scorer before that.

Imagine what Gobert would do next to Tatum/Horford, Siakam/Barnes, etc.

The defense version of what KD got next to Curry. And vice versa. Hopefully we’ll get to see it. It’ll shake the league the **** up.

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 12:21 PM

ISH isn't known for its smarts

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 12:21 PM

somehow he's been stuck with Mitchell and COTM

Kblaze8855
05-01-2022, 01:43 PM
But you have to understand, Gobert plus 4 guards is just unfair to him on a scheme level..

Fair has nothing to do with anything. Other team plays 5 wings and guards and they can all shoot teams are only gonna play so many bigs. Doesn’t matter how any individual feels or what he needs to play the best personally. He’s not the caliber of player to play to the strengths of on general principle.

Manny98
05-01-2022, 02:02 PM

And where has that got them?

3 first round exits

2 second round exits

0 conference finals appearances

You're not winning a championship with Rudy Gobert as your best player

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 02:12 PM
And where has that got them?

3 first round exits

2 second round exits

0 conference finals appearances

You're not winning a championship with Rudy Gobert as your best player

you're not making the playoffs with Mitchell as your best player

Overdrive
05-01-2022, 02:16 PM

Around which abilities exactly? How do the Jazz players complement him?

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Around which abilities exactly? How do the Jazz players complement him?

never said they were built well around him. Trust in Ainge! :cheers:

Axe
05-01-2022, 07:25 PM
Ish when 7 years is almost 10 :lol
Err what? Wasn't your hero drafted in 2013? :yaohappy:

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 07:48 PM
Err what? Wasn't your hero drafted in 2013? :yaohappy:

as a project. December 2014 is when he started carrying the franchise

Manny98
05-01-2022, 08:19 PM
Are you really trying to say Gobert in his second season was carrying the Jazz over Gordon Hayward who was considered by everyone to be the franchise player :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2022, 08:26 PM
Are you really trying to say Gobert in his second season was carrying the Jazz over Gordon Hayward who was considered by everyone to be the franchise player :facepalm

Were one of the worst teams in the league before he emerged in December. After trading Kanter 6th best team in league. So much for tanking! :bowdown:

Axe
05-01-2022, 11:06 PM
So how come the jazz won more games in the 2018 semifinals than they did in the previous year (2017)?

999Guy
05-06-2024, 10:52 AM

So, he goes to the so-so Timberwolves, and it looks like they're about to speed run a title. Like just sweeping gentleman sweeping every ****in body.

Told you fools.

Xiao Yao You
05-06-2024, 11:24 AM
Someone gets it

GimmeThat
05-06-2024, 11:37 AM
So, he goes to the so-so Timberwolves, and it looks like they're about to speed run a title.

not counting injuries, you think the Wolves would do Gobert for Beverly/Kessler/Vanderbilt, right now?

Xiao Yao You
05-06-2024, 11:38 AM
not counting injuries, you think the Wolves would do Gobert for Beverly/Kessler/Vanderbilt, right now?
You forgot the picks and pick swaps whoch was the main part of the deal as far as Ainge was concerned