PDA

View Full Version : The nba lacks elite players

Gohan
04-13-2022, 08:51 PM
I cant even watch this sh1t anymore. Lebron is really the only one and he’s basically washed up despite his good stats. I miss kobe and iverson

1987_Lakers
04-13-2022, 08:55 PM
Jokic > Iverson

Real Men Wear Green
04-13-2022, 08:56 PM
Stupid topic. The best players are the elite players. You just don't like them.

HylianNightmare
04-13-2022, 09:09 PM
Giannis exists, jaokee, emgoat

Spurs m8
04-13-2022, 09:21 PM
Lebron elite

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

FultzNationRISE
04-13-2022, 09:25 PM
Lebron elite

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

You wanna get in my office right NOW please??

k0kakw0rld
04-13-2022, 10:03 PM
Bron, Steph, Durant, giannis, Doncic, Jokic, Trae > Kobe, Iverson

3ba11
04-13-2022, 10:07 PM
The best players are the ones with max stats in minimum hold-time, so that's Giannis, Jokic, Durant, Booker - in that order.. Tatum could be knocking on that door

All those guys are badass and Joker's goat stats would already make him top 15-20 all-time if he won in 2020... But Lebron's collusion stole the ring just like it stole organic chips from 12' Durant, 13' Duncan and 16' Curry

ShawkFactory
04-13-2022, 10:25 PM
I cant even watch this sh1t anymore. Lebron is really the only one and he’s basically washed up despite his good stats. I miss kobe and iverson

Then don’t. And then go away.

Gohan
04-14-2022, 12:41 AM
Then don’t. And then go away.
I would tell you to kill yourself but that would be the first time your dad wouldve ever been proud of you

Gohan
04-14-2022, 12:57 AM
Jk shawk

Phoenix
04-14-2022, 05:59 AM
Plenty of 'elite' players. The question is, who is the 'face' of the league going forward? Giannis, Luka, Jokic may not reach mass acceptance/name recognition in the North American market. Steph and KD are 33/34, can't hang the league on them for much longer. Kawhi is going 32, injury-prone and has no personality. Zion showed initial promise but his career looks destined to be injury-prone and the jury is out on his work ethic/commitment to his body. We sit up here and troll all day about Lebron and Kobe but the reality is, we actually don't know how good we had it having those two cross paths in the league. They are/were polarizing figures who developed rabid fanbases and that's needed to capture the publics attention. Nobody currently in their prime ( meaning that 25 to 30 year old who can carry the league for the next 5-10 years) or on the immediate horizon has captured that one name recognition level like MJ, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe....you call those names, the average person knows who is being referenced. Nor are there any rivalries on the level of Lakers/Celtics, Bull/Knicks to garner ratings.

Edit: forgot about Ja, maybe him. Has the game, Memphis isn't exactly fertile ground for promoting a league 'face' but that's probably less of an issue nowadays.

RRR3
04-14-2022, 06:27 AM
Plenty of 'elite' players. The question is, who is the 'face' of the league going forward? Giannis, Luka, Jokic may not reach mass acceptance/name recognition in the North American market. Steph and KD are 33/34, can't hang the league on them for much longer. Kawhi is going 32, injury-prone and has no personality. Zion showed initial promise but his career looks destined to be injury-prone and the jury is out on his work ethic/commitment to his body. We sit up here and troll all day about Lebron and Kobe but the reality is, we actually don't know how good we had it having those two cross paths in the league. They are/were polarizing figures who developed rabid fanbases and that's needed to capture the publics attention. Nobody currently in their prime ( meaning that 25 to 30 year old who can carry the league for the next 5-10 years) or on the immediate horizon has captured that one name recognition level like MJ, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe....you call those names, the average person knows who is being referenced. Nor are there any rivalries on the level of Lakers/Celtics, Bull/Knicks to garner ratings.

Edit: forgot about Ja, maybe him. Has the game, Memphis isn't exactly fertile ground for promoting a league 'face' but that's probably less of an issue nowadays.
We may literally never get another player like LeBron in terms of psychotic obsession on both sides. He has an entire message board dedicated to him (yes I do mean this one), what other players can say that lol?

ArbitraryWater
04-14-2022, 07:22 AM
I would tell you to kill yourself but that would be the first time your dad wouldve ever been proud of you

you got a weird personality my man

90sgoat
04-14-2022, 07:53 AM
I watched the Hawks game yesterday and the Hawks are another fun team to watch.

We've been bamboozled by Bran and the corrupt league for so long, that we've forgotten that basketball are teams playing against other teams, not superstars teaming up and then the league helping them with refs.

Hawks are one of my favorite teams on paper. They're really built well from an old school team perspective, a small crafty guard, classic shooting guards like Bogdanovic, Huerter. Strong defenders like Hunter and Capella. The crafty 6th man vet in Gallo.

So that's an elite TEAM to me and one I hope they can keep together for a couple of runs. Honestly would not be surprised to see them give the Heat a run in the semi-finals.

tontoz
04-14-2022, 09:11 AM
What OP really misses is chuckers.

Baller789
04-14-2022, 11:23 AM
You wanna get in my oroffice right NOW please??

Ewww.

TheGoatest
04-14-2022, 01:48 PM
They need to go back to the good old days where juggernauts like Mark Price and Latrell Sprewell were All-NBA 1st teamers. :roll:

ZionDunks
04-15-2022, 12:48 AM
I like the players now as much as ever
Joker
Tatum
Trae
Morant
Luka

What more could you want

Soundwave
04-15-2022, 01:43 AM
Don't think there's any lack of top players versus 5 years ago.

Giannis
Curry
Luka
Durant
Joker
Embiid
Trae
Tatum
Morant
Booker

It's only if you're obsessed with the chasing Jordan's shadow shit (aka nut hugging on Kobe or LeBron which is an era coming to an end). But otherwise the talent is still there league wide, it's actually kinda cool that markets like Milwaukee and Memphis and Denver had new types of stars too. And it's cool to actually see a new generation of bigs (Joker, Embiid, Giannis).