PDA

View Full Version : Paul George tests positive for COVID, will miss Pelicans vs. Clippers play-in game

insidehoops
04-15-2022, 11:36 AM
New Orleans Pelicans (36-46) at LA Clippers (42-40).

Winner gets the West No. 8 playoff seed and will face the Suns in the first round.

Game is at 10PM ET on TNT.

insidehoops
04-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Clippers Pelicans injury report as of this morning:

Clippers: Kawhi Leonard out, Luke Kennard questionable
Pelicans: Zion Williamson and Kira Lewis out

Hey Yo
04-15-2022, 12:27 PM
WOJ:

PG 13 out tonight.... health and safety protocol

FireDavidKahn
04-15-2022, 12:40 PM
Paul George dropping 30 and losing to pat bev then getting Covid and missing the mist win game is the most pandemic p thing ever

https://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-01-at-8.42.38-AM.png

insidehoops
04-15-2022, 12:51 PM
Clippers will reportedly be without Paul George in tonight's Play-in Tournament game against Pelicans: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=28091

1987_Lakers
04-15-2022, 12:59 PM
I swear the Clippers are cursed.

SouBeachTalents
04-15-2022, 01:13 PM
That is a fcking outrage :lol If the league is seriously going to have players miss playoff games now due to covid it'll be a disgrace.

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2022, 01:14 PM
:roll:

insidehoops
04-15-2022, 01:16 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=28091

fsvr54
04-15-2022, 01:19 PM
They need to stop with this complete ****ing bullshit. They're all vaxxed!!

I don't care about any new ***** variant, so don't come at me with that.

ArbitraryWater
04-15-2022, 01:23 PM
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

AlternativeAcc.
04-15-2022, 01:24 PM
No play-in P?!!!

Teh covidz :lebronamazed:

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2022, 01:27 PM
No play-in P?!!!

Teh covidz :lebronamazed:

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2022, 01:29 PM
I honestly forgot they were even still holding people out over this stuff, don't recall anyone missing time for it toward the end of the season. I figured the protocol was over. Maybe I'm forgetting someone or it was just a coincidental stretch of negative tests.

But this is almost certain to happen again to key players throughout the playoffs if theyre still doing it.

What a shit show :roll:

bison
04-15-2022, 01:30 PM

literally in most of america today you can go to any restuarant, bar, grocery store, theater, arena or whatever without being vaxed or without having a mask on.

Even in CA you will have 18,000 people in Crypto arena tonight all indoors and all in close proximity, and it doesn't matter if they're all vaxxed because vax doesn't prevent you from getting COVID, a disease that is basically not even as bad as the common cold.

But no they can't let this one single basketball player play a basketball game.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Kblaze8855
04-15-2022, 01:38 PM
Not as bad as the common cold?

Why must people take every feeling they have to the extreme….

Shogon
04-15-2022, 01:40 PM
Not as bad as the common cold?

Why must people take every feeling they have to the extreme….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgcqB8-AxE

theman93
04-15-2022, 01:44 PM
I can't believe you all for down playing this. It's honestly disgusting. I mean c'mon think of the kids.

I'm glad the NBA has taken this position in order to do it's part in keeping everyone safe. We must continue to stand in solidarity with the black community and stand against COVID-19 for specifically targeting minority communities.

Not only have I chosen to get double vaxxed and boosted to stand in solidarity with the black community and to keep my community safe, but I also did it to show that I stand with Ukraine and for George Floyd. It is important we lock arms and speak out for those who don't have a voice in our society. And it is for that reason I have my second booster shot scheduled this summer to stand in solidarity with transgender women who are being marginalized and discriminated against competing in women's sports. It matters. Even if it saves just one life.

tontoz
04-15-2022, 01:52 PM
So will Kawhi finally get off his couch and make an appearance?

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2022, 01:52 PM
I can't believe you all for down playing this. It's honestly disgusting. I mean c'mon think of the kids.

I'm glad the NBA has taken this position in order to do it's part in keeping everyone safe. We must continue to stand in solidarity with the black community and stand against COVID-19 for specifically targeting minority communities.

Not only have I chosen to get double vaxxed and boosted to stand in solidarity with the black community and to keep my community safe, but I also did it to show that I stand with Ukraine and for George Floyd. It is important we lock arms and speak out for those who don't have a voice in our society. And it is for that reason I have my second booster shot scheduled this summer to stand in solidarity with transgender women who are being marginalized and discriminated against competing in women's sports. It matters. Even if it saves just one life.

Honestly... I wasnt buying the whole Covid thing up til now, but when you put it that way I'm starting to think I really should be.

One's opinions on these subjects is a direct reflection of their character. We need to believe what is right. We need to be righteous. And we need unity, solidarity, and justice.

Allow me step forward and join you, brother.

As of this moment, I also stand with Covid, Ukraine, Floyd George, and transgender athletes.

#Together.

L.Kizzle
04-15-2022, 02:00 PM
Serious question. Who was the last player diagnosed with Covid-19? Seems like it's been a while.

tontoz
04-15-2022, 02:03 PM
Serious question. Who was the last player diagnosed with Covid-19? Seems like it's been a while.

Dont know but i do know China is on lockdown again right now due to Covid.

theman93
04-15-2022, 02:04 PM
Honestly... I wasnt buying the whole Covid thing up til now, but when you put it that way I'm starting to think I really should be.

One's opinions on these subjects is a direct reflection of their character. We need to believe what is right. We need to be righteous. And we need unity, solidarity, and justice.

Allow me step forward and join you, brother.

As of this moment, I also stand with Covid, Ukraine, Floyd George, and transgender athletes.

#Together.

I'm glad someone found it within themselves to show compassion and empathy for the oppressed.

But if I'm being honest I can't help but have an itching thought that you are simply virtue signaling in an effort not to get cancelled.

Without proof of your second booster and a Ukraine flag displayed on your profile picture, I'm afraid I cannot believe you.

Full Court
04-15-2022, 02:28 PM
Clippers still have a decent shot at winning. In fact, I still have them as the slight favorite.

Proctor
04-15-2022, 04:06 PM

:roll::roll::roll:

BigKobeFan
04-15-2022, 04:41 PM

Tells you something about the vax

BigKobeFan
04-15-2022, 04:42 PM

bladefd
04-15-2022, 07:23 PM
NBA had stopped testing for covid except if you showed symptoms.. PG13 had symptoms so he was tested. I wouldn't be surprised if other Clippers players got it too from PG13, but they were probably asymptomatic so weren't required to be tested.

Terrible luck for Clippers. Clipper curse may be real lol

John_Connor
04-15-2022, 07:25 PM
how is this even still a thing. we have vaccines so it should be like the flu and just be a players choice

Axe
04-15-2022, 07:28 PM
Ty lue takes another big L

tpols
04-15-2022, 07:37 PM
When's the COVID bullshit gonna end?

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2022, 07:42 PM
I feel like not getting sick is an underrated athletic attribute. We clown guys for being injury prone in street clothes but don’t say shit about them for being sick. If you can catch viruses like a beyatch you need to be clowned like anyone else who can’t stay on the court.

ArbitraryWater
04-15-2022, 07:49 PM
I feel like not getting sick is an underrated athletic attribute. We clown guys for being injury prone in street clothes but don’t say shit about them for being sick. If you can catch viruses like a beyatch you need to be clowned like anyone else who can’t stay on the court.

PG isnt actually sick.

He's symptom-less.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-15-2022, 08:20 PM
Nobody has gotten covid and sat out for in months, nobody even wears masks anymore, crowds are packed.

I could see if this happened around this time last year. But we're far passed that. It's obviously a fake excuse and he just committed suicide on the season pretty much. Why even return that late in the season when you don't even want to play both play in games? makes no sense. Gutless

SATAN
04-15-2022, 08:47 PM
PG ducking YDK.

red1
04-15-2022, 09:55 PM
LOL

love it.

red1
04-15-2022, 09:57 PM
PG isnt actually sick.

He's symptom-less.

article I read said he wasnt feeling too well but it isnt too serious if I'm not wrong

its hilarious because the clippers are an absolutely cursed dogshit franchise

imdaman99
04-16-2022, 01:03 AM
Could have used him tonight. Did he go to the minny strip clubs or something?

TheGoatest
04-16-2022, 06:38 AM
Damn, after last playoffs' barrage of injuries, we have ANOTHER asterisk ring incoming? :facepalm

Phoenix
04-16-2022, 06:45 AM

Bravo for this. It's a reminder to myself to never read ISH while drinking a hot beverage.