PDA

View Full Version : Luka/Jokic fans, who do we root for if our guys are eliminated?

90sgoat
04-16-2022, 04:02 PM
Big choice my fellow Luka/Jokic fans, because honestly neither seems to have good odds at making it out the first round.

Which teams can we then root for? We want teams that haven't talked smack about our guys, about Embiid vs Jokic in the MVP etc.

I feel Hawks are a good choice in the East, a likeable team and they have some euros.

In the West, I probably prefer New Orleans and Timberwolves.

What about you?

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2022, 04:15 PM
Bucks, maybe even GSW.

Seems about it.

John_Connor
04-16-2022, 04:29 PM
for me it's

#1 Luka ( psa 10 prizm silver rookie )

#2 Giannis ( psa 10 prizm rookie )

#3 Trae ( psa 10 prizm silver rookie )

#4 Durant ( psa 9 topps chrome rookie )

#5 Edward's ( psa 9 prizm silver rookie )

#6 Jokic ( psa 9 prizm rookie )

#7 Embiid ( psa 10 prizm rookie )

#8 Booker ( psa 9 prizm rookie )

#9 zion ( psa 10 prizm rookie )

#10 Morant ( psa 10 prizm rookie )

#11 Mitchell ( psa 9 prizm silver rookie )

#12 herro ( psa 10 prizm rookie )

ranked from most valuable cards I own to least valuable. will be cheering for those guys in order

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-16-2022, 05:00 PM
i'm actually cheering for jokic for the first time ever. I hate Klay\Dray cocky f*cks when their just sidekicks and i hate curry's front running no finals mvp ass as well.

Jokic has no chance without murray though but i can wish

Mask the Embiid
04-16-2022, 05:12 PM
Big choice my fellow Luka/Jokic fans, because honestly neither seems to have good odds at making it out the first round.

Which teams can we then root for? We want teams that haven't talked smack about our guys, about Embiid vs Jokic in the MVP etc.

I feel Hawks are a good choice in the East, a likeable team and they have some euros.

In the West, I probably prefer New Orleans and Timberwolves.

What about you?
Literally all of those teams are going home in the 1st round…including Luka & Jokic

insight
04-16-2022, 05:43 PM
Literally all of those teams are going home in the 1st round…including Luka & Jokic

Didn't you say the 76rs would sweep the Hawks last season. LOL. I think you should worry about Toronto!!!!

90sgoat
04-16-2022, 08:24 PM
Bucks, maybe even GSW.

Seems about it.

Yeah I'm ok with Giannis as well, definitely take Bucks over Heat/Celtics.

Truth is I find Jokic kind of boring.

I like the Wolves, they're a fun team, but they're lacking in euros, which is bad.

Hawks remain my eastern favorite.

FilmyCogTurner
04-16-2022, 08:48 PM
What I want to know is how did you know to group those two players together?

I ask because those are my two favorite players to watch and before someone steps in and says because they're white - no, it's because how they move the ball. Both players have excellent vision which is why Lamelo is also one of my favs to watch also.

90sgoat
04-16-2022, 08:58 PM

I ask because those are my two favorite players to watch and before someone steps in and says because they're white - no, it's because how they move the ball. Both players have excellent vision which is why Lamelo is also one of my favs to watch also.

It's not that they're white or even euro, but because they're european, they play the game in a way that I like. They are team players, despite Luka being very ball dominant, and they're high IQ, seeing the gaps, which if you watch soccer, you know what its about, Zidane, Messi, Maradona etc.

I do like several american stars like:

Ja Morant
Antman
CP3
(Kawhi)
Curry

and more

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2022, 08:59 PM

2 badass euro's

representin'

FilmyCogTurner
04-16-2022, 09:14 PM
I agree, both great team players. Sure Luka is ball dominant but as a guy who has watched damn near every Mavs game this year I feel confident in saying they don't have too many options for types of offenses this team can run to stay competitive.

Trade KP, fine whatever... the man still needs a second banana.

fourkicks44
04-16-2022, 09:59 PM
Yeah I'm ok with Giannis as well, definitely take Bucks over Heat/Celtics.

Truth is I find Jokic kind of boring.

I like the Wolves, they're a fun team, but they're lacking in euros, which is bad.

Hawks remain my eastern favorite.

I'm looking at the thread title and thinking WTF?

You are his fan but find him boring?

Do you just find him good looking or something?

RRR3
04-16-2022, 11:21 PM
I'm looking at the thread title and thinking WTF?

You are his fan but find him boring?

Do you just find him good looking or something?
He's a white supremacist. I'm not joking.

baudkarma
04-17-2022, 01:01 PM
Going for Phoenix. Can't believe how snakebit that franchise has been in the playoffs.

90sgoat
04-18-2022, 12:49 PM
He's a white supremacist. I'm not joking.

I'm not a supremacist because I don't think I'm better than others, I just don't like american culture that much, particularly not hiphop culture.