PDA

View Full Version : Top 75 by 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams.

colts19
04-16-2022, 07:22 PM
I took the top 75 list and made 3 teams, based on ratings by position. Center, Forward and guard. Here are the results and I would like people's thoughts on which team would be the best and why.

1st team
Kareem
James
Bird
Jordan
Magic

2nd team
Wilt
Duncan
Durant
Kobe
Oscar

3rd team
Russell
Dr. J.
K. Malone
J. West
S. Curry

Who you got and why.

3ba11
04-17-2022, 01:13 PM
Magic and Lebron don't fit - 2 spotty-shooting ball-dominators - so they can't be in the same lineup because the team will underperform and need moar help!!!..

It's the story of Lebron's career - his suboptimal 2 point guard lineups and bad fits with teammates

So either Magic or Lebron must go for chemistry reasons

This is actually the main knock on Lebron - his big man ball-dominance doesn't fit optimally in any lineup except for 4 other shooters

Now if Lebron could score 36k points as the roll man or post player like Karl Malone, then he would fit.. But he only has a point guard skillset and can't rely on off-ball production

ShawkFactory
04-17-2022, 01:17 PM
Not terrible. The centers are under-represented.

John_Connor
04-17-2022, 01:27 PM
1st teams don't go by position. they go by back court/front court. so it would be like this

1st team

back court - Michael Jordan
back court - Kobe Bryant
front court - Bill Russell
front court - Kareem Abdul Jabbar
front court - Wilt Chamberlain

2nd team

back court - Magic Johnson
back court - Oscar Robertson
front court - Lebron James
front court - Tim Duncan
front court - Shaquille O'neal

3rd team

back court - Steph Curry
back court - Jerry West
front court - Larry Bird
front court - Kevin Durant
front court - Hakeem Olajuwon

3ba11
04-17-2022, 01:35 PM
1st teams don't go by position. they go by back court/front court. so it would be like this

1st team

back court - Michael Jordan
back court - Kobe Bryant
front court - Bill Russell
front court - Kareem Abdul Jabbar
front court - Wilt Chamberlain

2nd team

back court - Magic Johnson
back court - Oscar Robertson
front court - Lebron James
front court - Tim Duncan
front court - Shaquille O'neal

3rd team

back court - Steph Curry
back court - Jerry West
front court - Larry Bird
front court - Kevin Durant
front court - Hakeem Olajuwon

Pretty good.. ball-dominators are unnecessary in a basketball lineup and a lower TYPE of player, so it's good that you didn't have any on your first team... :applause:

John8204
04-17-2022, 01:44 PM
If we are based on fit...lining up the 75

1st
C - Wilt
PF - Lebron
SF - Bird
PG - Stockton
SG - Jordan

2nd
C - Kareem
PF - Duncan
SF - Dr. J
SG - Kobe
PG - Magic

3rd
C - Mikan
PF - Hakeem
SF - Barry
SG - West
PG - Oscar

4th
C - Russell
PF - Dirk
SF - Durant
SG - Iverson
PG - Kidd

5th
C - Moses
PF - Karl M
SF - Baylor
SG - Havlicek
PG - Paul

6th
C - Shaq
PF - KG
SF - Leonard
SG - Maravich
PG - Curry

7th
C - Reed
PF - Pettit
SF - Barkley
SG - Gervin
PG - Frazier

8th
C - Robinson
PF - Giannis
SF - Arizin
SG - Harden
PG -Thomas

9th
C - Ewing
PF - Mchale
SF - Pippen
PG - Cousy
SG - Wade

10th
C - Hayes
PF - Schayes
SF - Wilkins
SG - Miller
PG - Nash

3ba11
04-17-2022, 01:49 PM
If we are based on fit...lining up the 75

1st
C - Wilt
PF - Lebron
SF - Bird
PG - Stockton
SG - Jordan

This season, Lebron became the first player to be lottery with Westbrook, so he doesn't fit with massive ball-dominators like Stockton

You can't pair Lebron with another massive ball-dominator... And even regular ball-dominators like Wade, Ingram or Hughes are bad fits unless they're an elite shooter (Kyrie)

The only way Lebron can be on a 1st team is with a bunch of shooters and off-ball players like Bird, KD, MJ, Curry...

John8204
04-17-2022, 02:14 PM
This season, Lebron became the first player to be lottery with Westbrook, so he doesn't fit with massive ball-dominators like Stockton

You can't pair Lebron with another massive ball-dominator... And even regular ball-dominators like Wade, Ingram or Hughes are bad fits unless they're an elite shooter (Kyrie)

The only way Lebron can be on a 1st team is with a bunch of shooters and off-ball players like Bird, KD, MJ, Curry...

You are comparing a top 50 efficient shooter in Stockton (as a PG) with a guy who isn't the top 250. For me Stockton is the best PG who played off the ball, which is why he has the unbreakable steals and assits record. If you wanted a passer you would go with Stockton to look at Bird on the edge, Jordan in the mid range, and Wilt in the paint. Lebron on the other hand would be a 2nd option for scoring or working the point. He would be a 2nd option in the mid-range and support for Wilt near the basket.

To me Lebron's not the liability on that team it's Jordan which is why I would surround him with four guys capable of being successful as #2 and #3 options.

3ba11
04-17-2022, 02:40 PM
You are comparing a top 50 efficient shooter in Stockton (as a PG) with a guy who isn't the top 250. For me Stockton is the best PG who played off the ball, which is why he has the unbreakable steals and assits record. If you wanted a passer you would go with Stockton to look at Bird on the edge, Jordan in the mid range, and Wilt in the paint. Lebron on the other hand would be a 2nd option for scoring or working the point. He would be a 2nd option in the mid-range and support for Wilt near the basket.

To me Lebron's not the liability on that team it's Jordan which is why I would surround him with four guys capable of being successful as #2 and #3 options.

Lebron can't be paired with other ball-dominators or this team of goats would underachieving - that's obvious from this season

And Lebron has always needed all-time elite scorers to win, so an all-time squad suits him..

Otoh, MJ was the only guy that didn't need go-to teammates and could win with a bunch of secondary or tertiary options (role players).. So an all-time team for him is overkill.

John8204
04-17-2022, 03:55 PM
Lebron can't be paired with other ball-dominators or this team of goats would underachieving - that's obvious from this season

And Lebron has always needed all-time elite scorers to win, so an all-time squad suits him..

Otoh, MJ was the only guy that didn't need go-to teammates and could win with a bunch of secondary or tertiary options (role players).. So an all-time team for him is overkill.

I don't think he's ever played with an elite scorer...he's played with efficient scorers. It sounds to me that you would have Lebron play solely with perimeter shooters, or that Lebron would even be the leader of the team. James would likely be the 4th option with Bird as 1, Jordan at 2 and Wilt at 3.

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2022, 04:21 PM
Magic
Jordan
LeBron
Duncan
Kareem

Oscar
Kobe
Bird
Dr. J
Wilt

Curry
West
Durant
Malone
Russell

bizil
04-20-2022, 10:46 PM
GOAT wise: (all NBA makes no distinction between the guard and forward spots historically)

Magic
MJ
Bron
Bird
Cap

Steph
Kobe
KD
Timmy
Russell

Oscar
West
Dr. J
Mailman
Wilt

Going by actual PG-SG-SF-PF-C:

Magic
MJ
Bron
Timmy
Cap

Curry
Kobe
Bird
Mailman
Russell

Oscar
West
KD
KG ( could easily be Dirk or Barkley too)
Wilt

bizil
04-20-2022, 10:57 PM
If I could pick an all positionless two way team among the top 75:

PG- Bron
SG- KD
SF- Giannis
PF- AD
C- KG

An all sniper team:

PG- Steph
SG- Ray