PDA

View Full Version : This is your MVP?

Bronbron23
04-16-2022, 10:34 PM
A big sloppy slow white dude who can't even play 3 quarters without getting gassed. What a joke :facepalm

RRR3
04-16-2022, 10:35 PM
Dumbdumb23

FultzNationRISE
04-16-2022, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately nobody else showed up. You could see him start to lose patience and try to pick up even more of the slack on his own, but the Warriors are jut too active. You cant beat them by yourself, unless youre Lebron. You'll just exhaust yourself trying.

Bronbron23
04-16-2022, 10:51 PM
Dumbdumb23

That's cute. A slow sloppy Mexican sticking up for a slow sloppy white dude:roll:

Bronbron23
04-16-2022, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately nobody else showed up. You could see him start to lose patience and try to pick up even more of the slack on his own, but the Warriors are jut too active. You cant beat them by yourself, unless youre Lebron. You'll just exhaust yourself trying.

Plenty of great players including bron have without getting completely gassed. He sloppy af.

FultzNationRISE
04-16-2022, 11:07 PM
Plenty of great players including bron have without getting completely gassed. He sloppy af.

Lebron’s different bro.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-16-2022, 11:10 PM
He is missing his two offensive players in Murray and porter.

But his defense is concerning in a playoff series. He has been getting relentlessly attacked. I guess I can excuse Klay and Poole splashing 3's on him over and over. But he can't even guard bjelica or draymond green? Damn he came off as a pau gasol level player tonight but we'll see if things change.

Bronbron23
04-16-2022, 11:14 PM
Lebron’s different bro.

No he isn't. Mj had way better stamina. He was a machine. Bron has decent stamina especially for his size but he definitely isn't different in that sense

Bronbron23
04-16-2022, 11:16 PM

But his defense is concerning in a playoff series. He has been getting relentlessly attacked. I guess I can excuse Klay and Poole splashing 3's on him over and over. But he can't even guard bjelica or draymond green? Damn he came off as a pau gasol level player tonight but we'll see if things change.

Without his 2nd and 3rd best player he dosn't have a chance but he should still be able to go hard for a full game without looking tanked. He's supposed to be an elite athlete.

FultzNationRISE
04-16-2022, 11:19 PM

Yeah, this is a really bad matchup for him defensively. He’s a solid rim protector and plays well against traditional sized bigs, but similar to Toody when he has to chase a bunch of little guys all over the floor it’s just too easy to get exploited. The Warriors game plan to punish him defensively and the domino effect it has offensively is smart but it’s also a pretty obvious call. If you take him out the short handed Nuggets just dont have enough to compensate. I thought as a whole theyd be more competitive, and they did play hard but they just lack the firepower.

If the Nuggets were full strength this would be a WAY different conversation right now IMO.

coin24
04-16-2022, 11:19 PM
Lebron’s different bro.

Carries less weight in his pants

FultzNationRISE
04-16-2022, 11:25 PM
No he isn't. Mj had way better stamina. He was a machine. Bron has decent stamina especially for his size but he definitely isn't different in that sense

Ok, well, I dont know what to tell you.

Barkley, Harden and Shaq won MVP‘s.

It’s not an award for the best conditioned player.

Did you not know that, or...?

FultzNationRISE
04-16-2022, 11:26 PM
Carries less weight in his pants

Mods, can we get a figurative CHIN CHECK on cashew24 please??

hold this L
04-16-2022, 11:34 PM
A big sloppy slow white dude who can't even play 3 quarters without getting gassed. What a joke :facepalm

He's lost his 2 best players and playing against the team with the highest IQ in the league. They're going to do their best to gas him out the entire series. Either way, it's just one game.

RRR3
04-16-2022, 11:36 PM
He's lost his 2 best players and playing against the team with the highest IQ in the league. They're going to do their best to gas him out the entire series. Either way, it's just one game.
You are wasting your time.

fsvr54
04-16-2022, 11:38 PM
Lebron is not a good basketball player. Sicm of this narrative at this point.

RRR3
04-16-2022, 11:51 PM
Lebron is not a good basketball player. Sicm of this narrative at this point.
That's why he wins so many awards, because he's terrible

Bronbron23
04-16-2022, 11:53 PM
Ok, well, I dont know what to tell you.

Barkley, Harden and Shaq won MVP‘s.

It’s not an award for the best conditioned player.

Did you not know that, or...?

Barkley, shaq and harden were all fat asses that played one side of the court. Shaq got away with it because he was so dominant offensively. Jokic is skilled but he ain't no shaq. Not even close

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 12:04 AM

Forsure warriors play a smart beautiful game but that only works against someone who's not conditioned. They couldn't do it against bron or kawhi:confusedshrug:

AlternativeAcc.
04-17-2022, 12:20 AM
op if you have fried chicken recommendations we'd live your input!

Other than that, you don't really contribute much. Don't post threads anymore. Thanks

hold this L
04-17-2022, 01:28 AM
Forsure warriors play a smart beautiful game but that only works against someone who's not conditioned. They couldn't do it against bron or kawhi:confusedshrug:

They did that to Lebron in 2015.. when he also missed the best 2 players. He had some of the worst high volume shooting in NBA playoff finals history. Hard to do that with Kawhi since he's always plays in super stacked teams.

bullettooth
04-17-2022, 01:35 AM
Hard to do that with Kawhi since he's always plays in super stacked teams.

Are you serious?

hold this L
04-17-2022, 02:41 AM
Are you serious?

He has never played for a .500 or worse team without him during his entire career. I can't remember a single player that has never played for a bad team even for 1 season.

Akeem34TheDream
04-17-2022, 02:44 AM
He has never played for a .500 or worse team without him during his entire career. I can't remember a single player that has never played for a bad team even for 1 season.

Well if you think those Raptors, Clippers and Spurs teams were super stacked then what do you call KD Warriors?

RRR3
04-17-2022, 03:19 AM
They did that to Lebron in 2015.. when he also missed the best 2 players. He had some of the worst high volume shooting in NBA playoff finals history. Hard to do that with Kawhi since he's always plays in super stacked teams.
:yaohappy:

Kwit stan incoming in 3, 2, 1

RRR3
04-17-2022, 03:20 AM
Well if you think those Raptors, Clippers and Spurs teams were super stacked then what do you call KD Warriors?
What does that have to do with what he said lmao? He never said those teams weren't stacked, stupid deflection to try and move away from the truth of what he said. Kawhi has literally never played on a team that wouldn't win at minimum close to 50 games without him playing a single second. That is absurd.

hold this L
04-17-2022, 03:34 AM

I have never said the Warriors during that 3 year run were not unfairly stacked. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't mean they weren't overwhelming favorites.

Akeem34TheDream
04-17-2022, 04:06 AM
I have never said the Warriors during that 3 year run were not unfairly stacked. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't mean they weren't overwhelming favorites.

Whats the level beyond a super stacked team? Super mega stacked? I guess you are more loose with adjectives than me.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-17-2022, 06:09 AM

Curry has never even won a finals MVP and played with 4 hall of famers and 1 league MVP.

Talk about playing with stacked teams.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-17-2022, 06:11 AM
What does that have to do with what he said lmao? He never said those teams weren't stacked, stupid deflection to try and move away from the truth of what he said. Kawhi has literally never played on a team that wouldn't win at minimum close to 50 games without him playing a single second. That is absurd.

What difference does it make if he's on a roster that can't contend? nobody in nba history has won a title with a roster that couldn't make the playoffs without him or get damn close to it.

Kawhi could easily play all 82 games and his team would win 70 every year (look at 2016) but then he would gas out in the playoffs. He knows your judged by playoffs and that's why he gave us the greatest playoff run in NBA history in 2019.

aj1987
04-17-2022, 06:13 AM
As usual, you are a ****ing idiot. Dude is playing without his #1 and #2. Not to mention you stan a dude who couldn't get a .500 record in his career without Pippen.

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 06:59 AM
OP, we knew you were retarded

you don't gotta rub it in

Jasper
04-17-2022, 09:02 AM
perfect example of no one on his team , so he gets all world stats... hope voters see thru that shit

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 09:43 AM
op if you have fried chicken recommendations we'd live your input!

Other than that, you don't really contribute much. Don't post threads anymore. Thanks

Fried chicken:roll: is that supposed to bother me who in the hell dosn't love fried chicken. Damn i really struck a nerve with this one :oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 09:46 AM

They didn't tire lebron out in 15 and they forsure didn't tire him out in 2.5 quarters of game 1. They just forced bron to shoot alot of mids which isn't his strength and he just missed alot of them.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 09:49 AM
As usual, you are a ****ing idiot. Dude is playing without his #1 and #2. Not to mention you stan a dude who couldn't get a .500 record in his career without Pippen.

I could care less about mj's record without pip. At least he wasn"t a fat f*ck that gassed out after the first half of game 1. That shits pathetic

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 09:52 AM
OP, we knew you were retarded

you don't gotta rub it in

Bruh he's an out of shape fat ass. What's retarded about saying that? Man you guys are sensitive about your white folk. If you said shaq in mid 2000's was a lazy black fat ass i'd agree with you. Ya'll a bunch of male sensitive male karens:oldlol:

tontoz
04-17-2022, 09:59 AM
Bad matchup for Denver. If they had Murray and MPJ this would be a good series. Without them Denver has no chance as long as the Warriors dont get hit with injuries.

Denver just doesnt have the firepower to match the Warriors.

tontoz
04-17-2022, 10:01 AM
perfect example of no one on his team , so he gets all world stats... hope voters see thru that shit

Right his weak teammates are the reason he is able to shoot 65% on 2s.

:kobe:

hold this L
04-17-2022, 10:42 AM
They didn't tire lebron out in 15 and they forsure didn't tire him out in 2.5 quarters of game 1. They just forced bron to shoot alot of mids which isn't his strength and he just missed alot of them.
They did tire him out during the entire series. You have some of the worst IQ takes on this entire forum. :facepalm Yes they did force him to shoot mid range shots, but they also upped the pace when he was constantly trying to slow it down and wore on him physically and mentally. And consistently covered everyone else so he would try to win by himself all he wants. Only real difference is Jokic is a 5 and is getting attacked relentlessly on the defensive end as well, which is likely to tire him out even earlier. On top of that, Lebron's motor in 2015 was incredible so it took some time while we all know that's one of Joker's weaknesses. By the last game, Lebron made 32 points on 33 shots on 39/20/50 splits. They broke him down.

In a hypothetical scenario where Warriors Sixers play in the final, they will employ the same tactics offensively on Embiid.

hold this L
04-17-2022, 10:43 AM
Bad matchup for Denver. If they had Murray and MPJ this would be a good series. Without them Denver has no chance as long as the Warriors dont get hit with injuries.

Denver just doesnt have the firepower to match the Warriors.

IMO, Warriors are the worst matchup against them. They don't have defensive stoppers at the guard position, so Warriors/Suns is a bad matchup either way for them.

j3lademaster
04-17-2022, 10:47 AM
Well if you think those Raptors, Clippers and Spurs teams were super stacked then what do you call KD Warriors?I never understood why it was such an 'insult' that your team is called 'stacked'. As long as you're a fan of the team over a particular player that is.

j3lademaster
04-17-2022, 10:55 AM
They did tire him out during the entire series. You have some of the worst IQ takes on this entire forum. :facepalm Yes they did force him to shoot mid range shots, but they also upped the pace when he was constantly trying to slow it down and wore on him physically and mentally. And consistently covered everyone else so he would try to win by himself all he wants. Only real difference is Jokic is a 5 and is getting attacked relentlessly on the defensive end as well, which is likely to tire him out even earlier. On top of that, Lebron's motor in 2015 was incredible so it took some time while we all know that's one of Joker's weaknesses. By the last game, Lebron made 32 points on 33 shots on 39/20/50 splits. They broke him down.

In a hypothetical scenario where Warriors Sixers play in the final, they will employ the same tactics offensively on Embiid.Yeah, but Embiid can win with 19 on 33% shooting, so if Embiid can do 25 48% like Joker's "bad game" consistently in the playoffs the 6ers are golden.

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 11:07 AM
Bruh he's an out of shape fat ass. What's retarded about saying that? Man you guys are sensitive about your white folk. If you said shaq in mid 2000's was a lazy black fat ass i'd agree with you. Ya'll a bunch of male sensitive male karens:oldlol:

bro,

what are you even rambling about right now?

John8204
04-17-2022, 11:37 AM
If they get swept I never want to hear the term "advanced stats" in an MVP discussion again

tontoz
04-17-2022, 11:41 AM
If they get swept I never want to hear the term "advanced stats" in an MVP discussion again

Right, because losing a playoff series to a better team while missing his 2nd and 3rd best players has so much relevance to a regular season award.

:facepalm

Akeem34TheDream
04-17-2022, 11:48 AM

It would be sad to see b2b mvp getting swept back to back.

John8204
04-17-2022, 12:05 PM
Right, because losing a playoff series to a better team while missing his 2nd and 3rd best players has so much relevance to a regular season award.

:facepalm

Glad we agree...if you can't win a game in the postseason you aren't the best player in the league.

tontoz
04-17-2022, 12:16 PM
Glad we agree...if you can't win a game in the postseason you aren't the best player in the league.

That is just idiotic.

First of all joker has a stellar playoff record. They have won series as an underdog multiple times.

Secondly GS has Steph/Klay/Dray available now. If those guys had been playing all year GS wins 60+ easily. Those 3 missed over 100 games combined and they still won 53 games.

The real question here is how did Jokic carry this roster to 48 wins?

John8204
04-17-2022, 01:23 PM
That is just idiotic.

First of all joker has a stellar playoff record. They have won series as an underdog multiple times.

Secondly GS has Steph/Klay/Dray available now. If those guys had been playing all year GS wins 60+ easily. Those 3 missed over 100 games combined and they still won 53 games.

The real question here is how did Jokic carry this roster to 48 wins?

1. He never won a ring
2. He never made the finals
3. He never swept a series
4. He was swept in a series
5. He actually went 7 games in the majority of his series

He's had 4 playoff appearances and perhaps 2 MVP's....that's not stellar unless you are refering to "advanced stats"...in which case "advanced stats" are bunk

j3lademaster
04-17-2022, 01:26 PM
1. He never won a ring

He's had 4 playoff appearances and perhaps 2 MVP's....that's not stellar unless you are refering to "advanced stats"...in which case "advanced stats" are bunkIt's only dumb when people try to treat one or two stats as an end-all-be-all. The leaders in most advance stat categories are usually the top players in the league, it isn't a coincidence.

John8204
04-17-2022, 02:23 PM
It's only dumb when people try to treat one or two stats as an end-all-be-all. The leaders in most advance stat categories are usually the top players in the league, it isn't a coincidence.

"advanced stats" to me are situational, if you give someone a 2nd MVP than you are basically saying this is an all-time great player. Patrick Ewing never got an MVP but he was clearly the most valuable individual player in the league, as the Knicks were constantly competitive with him and even made the finals as an 8 seed.

Axe
04-17-2022, 03:27 PM
:roll:

bullettooth
04-17-2022, 04:16 PM

Since when does .500 or above mean 'super stacked' ? TF are you on? There's only been a handful of actually 'super stacked' teams since 2010; LeBron's Heat, LeBrons Cavs and the Warriors. You could argue about the 2021 Lakers also being super stacked except the problem with that is that they all played like shit.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 06:41 PM

In a hypothetical scenario where Warriors Sixers play in the final, they will employ the same tactics offensively on Embiid.

Not after the first half of game 1 they didn't. Fat ass was visible tired after a half of basketball. You're in denial buddy

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 06:42 PM
bro,

what are you even rambling about right now?

Not hard to understand. Jokic is an overrated, slow, out of shape fat ass. What part of that is hard to understand?

8Ball
04-17-2022, 06:50 PM
OP is racist that can't stand it when a non black wins MVP.

Jokic deserved it.

tontoz
04-17-2022, 06:55 PM
1. He never won a ring

He's had 4 playoff appearances and perhaps 2 MVP's....that's not stellar unless you are refering to "advanced stats"...in which case "advanced stats" are bunk

For his career in the.playoff Jokic has averaged 26/11/6 shooting 55% on 2s, 40% on 3s. Is that basic enough for you?

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 06:59 PM
Not hard to understand. Jokic is an overrated, slow, out of shape fat ass. What part of that is hard to understand?

youre talking about "white folk" and male karens while insulting the b2b mvp and being mad insecure about jokic

its a bad look

8Ball
04-17-2022, 07:00 PM
youre talking about "white folk" and being mad insecure about jokic

its a bad look

He's literally a racist.

Looks down on white people as an inferior race.

He thinks NBA belongs to black people only.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 07:33 PM
Terrible game 1 for Durant.

Guess he better give back that MVP award....

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 07:34 PM
Also Trae looked fatigued at times during an awful Game 1 against the Heat.

He is now banned from all future MVP races.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 07:39 PM
OP is racist that can't stand it when a non black wins MVP.

Jokic deserved it.

i'm a racist because jokic is a sloppy out of shape fat ass?

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 07:43 PM
youre talking about "white folk" and male karens while insulting the b2b mvp and being mad insecure about jokic

its a bad look

Bruh calling a spade a spade isn't racist. Is jokic not white? Is jokic not a slow out of shape fat ass? Larry bird is white and he's one of my favorite players ever.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 07:45 PM
Terrible game 1 for Durant.

Guess he better give back that MVP award....

Kd isn't in the mvp discussion though. He also dosn't get winded after a half of basketball:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 07:49 PM
Bruh calling a spade a spade isn't racist. Is jokic not white? Is jokic not a slow out of shape fat ass? Larry bird is white and he's one of my favorite players ever.

You're out here calling this man every word in the book and then asking "lol why ya'all get so upset" ?

No, he isnt out of shape.

Being slow hasn't hindered him from anything.

No one said you were racist.

Jokic just got you feeling some type of way.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 08:03 PM
Kd isn't in the mvp discussion though. He also dosn't get winded after a half of basketball:oldlol:

Dont know how close you were watching but when the team started falling behind, he started busting his ass running all over the place trying to hold the ship together. A 7 footer doesnt normally do that, especially one with Jokic’s mass.

He also runs up on the fast break after a rebound, unlike most centers who just pass it ahead and walk up.

Maybe youre just trolling, but if youre being serious it’s a pretty terrible take.

He was running around like a wing at 7’ 280 because the team was struggling to tread water by the second quarter and hes their only star player.

If he has a healthy squad he doesnt need to do that, and he can just play his normal game. Guy was giving a ton of effort.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 08:08 PM
You're out here calling this man every word in the book and then asking "lol why ya'all get so upset" ?

No, he isnt out of shape.

Being slow hasn't hindered him from anything.

No one said you were racist.

Jokic just got you feeling some type of way.

Not that i give a shit but people are saying i'm a racist.

And yes he is slow and he is out of shape relative to elite conditioned nba players.

Jokic dosn't have me feeling any kind of way dude. I just don't think he should mvp when there's another big in the league who's better and who dosn't get winded after a half of basketball.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 08:12 PM
Dont know how close you were watching but when the team started falling behind, he started busting his ass running all over the place trying to hold the ship together. A 7 footer doesnt normally do that, especially one with Jokic’s mass.

He also runs up on the fast break after a rebound, unlike most centers who just pass it ahead and walk up.

Maybe youre just trolling, but if youre being serious it’s a pretty terrible take.

He was running around like a wing at 7’ 280 because the team was struggling to tread water by the second quarter and hes their only star player.

If he has a healthy squad he doesnt need to do that, and he can just play his normal game. Guy was giving a ton of effort.

Greek seems to do the same just fine dude.

And part of the reason why jokic is effective is because of his "mass" as you pointed out. His mass is also the reason his sloppy massive ass gets tires when greek dosn't.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 08:25 PM
Greek seems to do the same just fine dude.

And part of the reason why jokic is effective is because of his "mass" as you pointed out. His mass is also the reason his sloppy massive ass gets tires when greek dosn't.

Lol what??

Giannis is like 3 inches shorter than Jokic and has a slimmer lower body.

https://youtu.be/fTHZgg9E-p0

Of course they dont have the same endurance :lol

The MVP award is not a track meet dude :hammerhead:

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 08:30 PM
Lol what??

Giannis is like 3 inches shorter than Jokic and has a slimmer lower body.

https://youtu.be/fTHZgg9E-p0

Of course they dont have the same endurance :lol

The MVP award is not a track meet dude :hammerhead:

I know he's slimmer dude he's in great condition that's part of my point.

And of course the mvp isn't a track meet but it is supposed to be the most valuable player and imo greek is more valuable because his better conditioning and speed allows him to do things jokic can't. I'm not questioning Jokic’s skill dude. He's an extremely skilled big but he shouldn't be tanked after a half of basketball.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 08:30 PM
Btw you wanna talk sloppy??

Watch Giannis’ offense in that video :oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 08:50 PM
Btw you wanna talk sloppy??

Watch Giannis’ offense in that video :oldlol:

Meant his body not his play. Clearly he's more skilled than greek

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 09:06 PM
Meant his body not his play. Clearly he's more skilled than greek

Ok but I could just as easily say “how can an MVP of the NBA have the shooting touch of a teenage girl? Thats the best player in basketball??”

Youre just picking a random criterion to negate everything else a guy contributes. That could be done with anyone.

tontoz
04-17-2022, 09:44 PM
Jokic lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago. He is a big guy but he isn't fat any more.

His weight loss is a big reason for his improved defense.

Bronbron23
04-17-2022, 09:46 PM
Ok but I could just as easily say “how can an MVP of the NBA have the shooting touch of a teenage girl? Thats the best player in basketball??”

Youre just picking a random criterion to negate everything else a guy contributes. That could be done with anyone.

Sure you could and i'd actually agree but argue his other strengths make up for it. I wouldn't get all emotional and bent out of shape over it.

aj1987
04-26-2022, 11:19 AM
I could care less about mj's record without pip. At least he wasn"t a fat f*ck that gassed out after the first half of game 1. That shits pathetic

Again, he's playing without his two best players, kid. I know you're a casual, but try to keep up.

FultzNationRISE
04-26-2022, 11:24 AM
Sure you could and i'd actually agree but argue his other strengths make up for it. I wouldn't get all emotional and bent out of shape over it.

Are you suggesting I actually did that? Or are you just deflecting because I dismantled a terrible point you attempted to make?

tontoz
04-26-2022, 11:41 AM
Jokic is the leading scorer in the postseason, averaging 31/12 with a 63% TS against the team that led the league in defensive efficiency during the season.

hold this L
04-26-2022, 11:44 AM
Jokic is better than Embiid and dominating offensively. Defensively he's terrible, but so is almost every single big in the NBA vs GS.

RRR3
04-26-2022, 11:45 AM
Jokic is better than Embiid and dominating offensively. Defensively he's terrible, but so is almost every single big in the NBA vs GS.
Yep amongst centers off the top of my head only Bam could still have the exact same impact versus Golden State.

FultzNationRISE
04-26-2022, 12:13 PM
Jokic is the leading scorer in the postseason, averaging 31/12 with a 63% TS against the team that led the league in defensive efficiency during the season.

While going against Draymond Green, plus being exhausted from getting targeted on defense. Altho I will say it feels like his dominance comes in stretches, rather than continuously throughout the game. He has made some sloppy plays at times when he's gassed.

But if they'd have started the series sagging him off the perimeter defensively, which they've had success with the latter two games, he'd probably have an even more impressive line. I mean the guy is 7 foot 280 and in a lot of situations he's running around like a wing trying to pick up the slack for his undermanned team. Im not saying he was the best conditioned guy to begin with, but nobody at that size can do what he's asked to do and not get tired. No matter the result he's leaving it all out there like a pro.