PDA

View Full Version : How many Non-Suns fans believe that Mikal Bridges deserves DPOY?

BigShotBob
04-17-2022, 10:29 AM
NBA.com has him as number 1. Don't watch the Suns too much so I can't say if I agree with their pick or not. Though I am impressed with his 82 game ironman season and I know he brings it every night. Originally I had Giannis because of his clutch defensive plays he seems to get every other game especially in the big ones.

Don't watch the Jazz much so can't speak on Rudy.

Discuss.

hold this L
04-17-2022, 11:03 AM
Bucks are a mediocre defensive team, why are we even putting Giannis into this conversation?

j3lademaster
04-17-2022, 11:05 AM
Bucks are a mediocre defensive team, why are we even putting Giannis into this conversation?Because defensive awards are 90% based on reputation. But Giannis is individually still pretty good.

BigShotBob
04-17-2022, 11:40 AM
Bucks are a mediocre defensive team, why are we even putting Giannis into this conversation?

They missed Brook Lopez for like 70 games

Charlie Sheen
04-17-2022, 12:12 PM
NBA.com has him as number 1. Don't watch the Suns too much so I can't say if I agree with their pick or not. Though I am impressed with his 82 game ironman season and I know he brings it every night. Originally I had Giannis because of his clutch defensive plays he seems to get every other game especially in the big ones.

Don't watch the Jazz much so can't speak on Rudy.

Discuss.

The Suns defense is much improved from where it was a year ago. Those gains didn't come from Bridges improving to DPOY level talent because he was already a great defender. The rest of the team picked it up. The biggest difference shows up when Ayton leaves to help and the Suns are solid with their rotations to help out on Ayton's man.

Bridges should have received votes for DPOY last year.

John_Connor
04-17-2022, 12:17 PM
DPOTY = meaningless big man rebounding/blocks trophy 99% of the time. theyre never even the most skilled defenders. who cares