PDA

View Full Version : What do the Nets have Aldridge and Griffin for?

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 05:14 PM
:lol

Literally 2 players still capable of 20+ pts rotting away on the bench.

Proctor
04-17-2022, 05:16 PM
Nash sucks as a coach no doubt about it, but I don't see the solution to the big man problem they have.

Claxton deserves to play
Drummond deserves to play, maybe not as much
Griffin deserves to play
Aldridge deserves to play

And that's all to say nothing of Sharpe who is ANOTHER guy who can and probably should play.

Aldridge and Griffin could absolutely make an impact offensively in this series. Aldridge would abuse Theis

imdaman99
04-17-2022, 05:44 PM
They just have them rotting on the bench just so another playoff contender won't pick them up.

NBAGOAT
04-17-2022, 05:52 PM
aldridge can play but griffin is done lol.

John_Connor
04-17-2022, 06:03 PM
the Celtics are going small so they only have time for Drummond sparingly. Durant has to play center most of the game for matchups. OP = low IQ

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 06:16 PM
aldridge can play but griffin is done lol.

oh yeah?

griffin was done in last year's playoffs?

If you would have called him done then, people would have slapped you in the face

ain't nothing changed since then.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-17-2022, 06:18 PM
You have 4 bigs in Claxson\Aldridge\Griffin\Drummond

2 of them had to benched and Nash decided their the worst ones.

I would agree with him actually. Griffin looks like he should be in a wheel chair at this point

NBAGOAT
04-17-2022, 06:19 PM
oh yeah?

griffin was done in last year's playoffs?

If you would have called him done then, people would have slapped you in the face

ain't nothing changed since then.

griffin played well during the regular season too last year. what changed is he's a year older with bad knees.

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 06:22 PM
griffin played well during the regular season too last year. what changed is he's a year older with bad knees.

lol, a year older means nothing if its going 32 to 33.

if you didnt think he was done last yr, he definitely isnt done this year either cause he got "a year older".

exactly, he was good in the RS either.

do you now realize how stupid your comment is?

He hasnt had his decline yet.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 06:28 PM
Doesnt really matter how good a guy is on offense if all the shots go to KD/Kyrie and the occasional open shooter. Theyre not gonna run an offense thru Griffin or Aldridge, so you might as well put better defenders out there.

Especially guys who can protect the rim every time Irving gets torched, which is every time.

CelticBaller
04-17-2022, 06:32 PM
they're garbage on defense. a quick screen and it's a matchup nightmare

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2022, 06:33 PM
Doesnt really matter how good a guy is on offense if all the shots go to KD/Kyrie and the occasional open shooter. Theyre not gonna run an offense thru Griffin or Aldridge, so you might as well put better defenders out there.

Especially guys who can protect the rim every time Irving gets torched, which is every time.

They're not taking every shot though.

So you might as well spread shots around to LMA and BG, giving you more flexibility offensively.

Both good pick n pop guys, BG can play point forward, and LMA brings size defensively and might snatch an off. reb here or there.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2022, 08:15 PM
They're not taking every shot though.

So you might as well spread shots around to LMA and BG, giving you more flexibility offensively.

Both good pick n pop guys, BG can play point forward, and LMA brings size defensively and might snatch an off. reb here or there.

Maybe.

Coaches will obviously look at potential adjustments to make for game 2. We’ll see if Nash decides to give those guys more burn in the next one.

Jasper
04-18-2022, 01:30 PM
they keep the seats warm so KD and poopsie don't get cold asses

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 01:43 PM
lol, a year older means nothing if its going 32 to 33.

if you didnt think he was done last yr, he definitely isnt done this year either cause he got "a year older".

exactly, he was good in the RS either.

do you now realize how stupid your comment is?

He hasnt had his decline yet.

he was not good during the regular season this year. Youve watched him or at least checked his numbers right?

theman93
04-18-2022, 02:03 PM
Because Drummond provides better rebounding and Claxton provides better defense. Brooklyn’s issue isn’t scoring so there’s no reason to bring them in to the rotation. If points start to become tough to come by I’d give Claxton’s minutes to Aldridge. Blake is washed.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2022, 02:39 PM
Because Drummond provides better rebounding and Claxton provides better defense. Brooklyn’s issue isn’t scoring so there’s no reason to bring them in to the rotation. If points start to become tough to come by I’d give Claxton’s minutes to Aldridge. Blake is washed.

Anyone else wanna line themselves up in the retarded queue for saying Blake is done?

We got 3 so far.

Btw, its not like their offense is at GOAT level lol.

Its nothing where you'd say "I dont wanna mess with this".

More scoring is always good.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2022, 02:41 PM
he was not good during the regular season this year. Youve watched him or at least checked his numbers right?

he's barely had any rhythm/minutes, it makes no sense to declare anything from the few minutes he gets every once in a while.

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 02:42 PM
he's barely had any rhythm/minutes, it makes no sense to declare anything from the few minutes he gets every once in a while.

he's had almost 1000 18mpg over 56 games. That's enough for me to think he's done and obviously it's enough for the coaching staff too

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2022, 03:01 PM
he's had almost 1000 18mpg over 56 games. That's enough for me to think he's done and obviously it's enough for the coaching staff too

If you'd follow other sports, you would know instant declines just don't happen like that anymore. Especially not at 33.

The more sensible judgement would be considering its role related.

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 03:17 PM
If you'd follow other sports, you would know instant declines just don't happen like that anymore. Especially not at 33.

The more sensible judgement would be considering its role related.

People decline in their mid 30s all the time in the NBA. Other sports do have more longevity except football. Blake should get credit for lasting this long honestly with his injury history. Lebron is not the norm at all.

GrayGoat
04-18-2022, 03:19 PM
Because the nets don’t want grant Williams and Al Horford to average 30ppg each…

HylianNightmare
04-18-2022, 03:55 PM
Griffins done

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2022, 09:44 PM
I don't wanna hear some of you dummies talk basketball ever again

I don't wanna hear some of you dummies talk basketball ever again

he hit 2 shots when the game was over

dragic was hot before today

hindsight is 20/20

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2022, 10:10 PM