PDA

View Full Version : Why does Kyrie disrespect the only team that handed him the keys to a contending

GrayGoat
04-18-2022, 03:17 PM
Squad (Celtics)? Kyrie wanted nothing more to be the man on a contending team. He repays that team by shitting the bed and giving them the middle finger :biggums:

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-18-2022, 03:35 PM
I had that in the back of my head as well. Tatum is a superstar now, brown is a star, celtics are the #1 SRS team. He actually had a really good thing going if he stayed. Just not a good fit i guess, they need more of a playmaker next to tatum\brown.

GrayGoat
04-18-2022, 03:45 PM
I had that in the back of my head as well. Tatum is a superstar now, brown is a star, celtics are the #1 SRS team. He actually had a really good thing going if he stayed. Just not a good fit i guess, they need more of a playmaker next to tatum\brown.

Imagine if Kawhi went to Boston instead of Toronto. Shit wouldn’t have been close.

Kblaze8855
04-18-2022, 03:46 PM
He can like the players and hate the city. In the end you have to live there much of the year. If he didn’t care for the people it is what it is. Or maybe he just wanted to play with his friend. Whatever. It’s sports to the fans. It’s life to the players. I promise nobody gives a **** about SRS ratings when deciding where to live and who to be around 7-8 months at a time for 4-6 years. You might generally want to win but it’s not gonna come before being happy.

He doesn’t strike me as someone who would have their whole year ruined by the outcome of a basketball game. He’s just living life and trying to enjoy it I guess. As skilled as he is I don’t think basketball is his life. Just his job. And one he no longer needs bad enough to be inconvenienced by.

I can hardly talk. I’ve done pretty well but nowhere near Kyrie earnings obviously. I quit working last April to **** around, travel the country, and do new things. I’m probably never going back to work unless you count a rental property or two as working. If I had Kyrie money I’d have quit at the age he is now.

It is a job in the end. The guys who don’t live and die with it are just trying to cash out and handle business as happily as they can.

FultzNationRISE
04-18-2022, 03:46 PM
He wants it to look like he left because he wasnt welcomed rather than he just chickened out.

If he could have brought his LeFatherFigure to Boston with him, it would have been completely different. But just like a parent has to let a child go for that first day of preschool, LePapa knew it was time to let Kyrie take a few steps on his own.

Kyrie basically pee’d himself in front of the class and cried for LeHeadOfHousehold to come pick him up. But LeProvider had to work, so instead Durbabysitter was asked to look after him.

And thats where we are now.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2022, 03:49 PM
Because he's an asshole, fundamentally.

KD has changed a little, he became an asshole once he went to GS, and has warmed up again now and talks to reporters in a human way again.

But Kyrie is just an asshole.

Kyrie after disrespecting Boston in his departure, calling them a scorned girlfriend, stomping on the logo, saying "it's been 3 years they need to move on, let's bury the hatchet and move forward":

"your mother sucks" to Boston fan, middle finger to Boston fans...

GrayGoat
04-18-2022, 04:01 PM
He can like the players and hate the city. In the end you have to live there much of the year. If he didn’t care for the people it is what it is. Or maybe he just wanted to play with his friend. Whatever. It’s sports to the fans. It’s life to the players. I promise nobody gives a **** about SRS ratings when deciding where to live and who to be around 7-8 months at a time for 4-6 years. You might generally want to win but it’s not gonna come before being happy.

He doesn’t strike me as someone who would have their whole year ruined by the outcome of a basketball game. He’s just living life and trying to enjoy it I guess. As skilled as he is I don’t think basketball is his life. Just his job. And one he no longer needs bad enough to be inconvenienced by.

I can hardly talk. I’ve done pretty well but nowhere near Kyrie earnings obviously. I quit working last April to **** around, travel the country, and do new things. I’m probably never going back to work unless you count a rental property or two as working. If I had Kyrie money I’d have quit at the age he is now.

It is a job in the end. The guys who don’t live and die with it are just trying to cash out and handle business as happily as they can.
I feel like Boston is definitely “in his head” because he acts like a child anytime he is in the td garden.

Spuddywebby
04-18-2022, 04:31 PM
He doesn’t like white people although he does like PAWGs

Kblaze8855
04-18-2022, 04:49 PM
I feel like Boston is definitely “in his head” because he acts like a child anytime he is in the td garden.

Would you call fans yelling(and occasionally throwing) shit at players mature?

These guys are starting to see it as a job and many won’t accept being treated like that anymore. You can talk about how it used to be or how fans pay for the right to be scumbags but bottom line? Players just aren’t accepting it if they don’t feel like it. They are getting fans tossed, talking back, and getting under their skin in response. In old days you could just go slap a fan who annoyed you too much. It wouldn’t necessarily even result in being ejected. Players and coaches used to fight fans. Hell a few Boston Celtics did. Red built the franchise and he fought other coaches, fans, and players. When I was a kid multiple Bulls coaches got into fights. Fans would get involved. It wasn’t all that shocking.

Today? Society would clutch its pearls and call them thugs. Knowing you can’t respond the way you do when someone comes to a normal persons job drunk and talking shit is it really out of line to give it back to them when they cuss at you and chant?

Fans didn’t get to be the kind of untouchable they are now till very recently. They always talked…and some of them got dealt with and a lot got cussed out. They can handle a logo being stepped on. That’s as innocent as the booing.

If you’re calling me all sorts of shit I feel I should be able to respond. And if I do I don’t see how only one side is childish.

They are out there playing basketball. I suspect they don’t just explode on spectators over nothing. The fans do something to bring it out.

hold this L
04-18-2022, 05:13 PM
Would you call fans yelling(and occasionally throwing) shit at players mature?

These guys are starting to see it as a job and many won’t accept being treated like that anymore. You can talk about how it used to be or how fans pay for the right to be scumbags but bottom line? Players just aren’t accepting it if they don’t feel like it. They are getting fans tossed, talking back, and getting under their skin in response. In old days you could just go slap a fan who annoyed you too much. It wouldn’t necessarily even result in being ejected. Players and coaches used to fight fans. Hell a few Boston Celtics did. Red built the franchise and he fought other coaches, fans, and players. When I was a kid multiple Bulls coaches got into fights. Fans would get involved. It wasn’t all that shocking.

Today? Society would clutch its pearls and call them thugs. Knowing you can’t respond the way you do when someone comes to a normal persons job drunk and talking shit is it really out of line to give it back to them when they cuss at you and chant?

Fans didn’t get to be the kind of untouchable they are now till very recently. They always talked…and some of them got dealt with and a lot got cussed out. They can handle a logo being stepped on. That’s as innocent as the booing.

If you’re calling me all sorts of shit I feel I should be able to respond. And if I do I don’t see how only one side is childish.

They are out there playing basketball. I suspect they don’t just explode on spectators over nothing. The fans do something to bring it out.

Kyrie is a headcase. If this was someone else, it might be different. Also can't be stomping on the logo at their court, that's some of the most disrespectful shit I've ever seen and not expect a heavy negative reaction. Saying that, if he wants to respond or give them the finger he can also do that. Got no problem with it.

Spurs m8
04-18-2022, 05:30 PM
Why does Kyrie hurt your feelings so much?

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2022, 05:53 PM
Why does Kyrie hurt your feelings so much?

do you ever post anything that contributes to a topic?

FultzNationRISE
04-18-2022, 05:58 PM
Kyrie is a headcase. If this was someone else, it might be different. Also can't be stomping on the logo at their court, that's some of the most disrespectful shit I've ever seen and not expect a heavy negative reaction. Saying that, if he wants to respond or give them the finger he can also do that. Got no problem with it.

It's a cartoon painted on a wood floor representing a collection of people who chase a ball around and throw it at a hoop.

Bit of a stretch to call stomping on it "the most disrespectful shit I've ever seen" :lol

The fact he even did it is corny more than anything. But just like his mentor Kobe, Kyrie definitely has a bit of a propensity for the contrived...

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2022, 06:05 PM
It's a cartoon painted on a wood floor representing a collection of people who chase a ball around and throw it at a hoop.

Bit of a stretch to call stomping on it "the most disrespectful shit I've ever seen" :lol

The fact he even did it is corny more than anything. But just like his mentor Kobe, Kyrie definitely has a bit of a propensity for the contrived...

In a basketball context?

Has to be.

Disrespected Boston, the founder, every player thats played for the team, the history... all of it.

Manny98
04-18-2022, 07:01 PM
Because **** Boston