PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns All-Time Point Guard list

L.Kizzle
04-18-2022, 03:18 PM
Do The Phoenix Suns have the best collection of Points Guards of All-Time for any franchise?

Dennis Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chris Paul

Wildcard: Stephon Marbury.

Who has a better 5 than that?

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 03:27 PM
And considering all those guys were all-stars during their Phoenix tenure, nobody even comes close.

LeCola
04-18-2022, 03:31 PM
Closest ones:

Dallas:

Kidd
Nash
Doncic

Lakers:

Magic
West
Maybe Lebron and Westbrook

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2022, 03:44 PM
Goodrich
Green
Stockton
Williams
Hill
Conley

L.Kizzle
04-18-2022, 03:49 PM
Goodrich
Green
Stockton
Williams
Hill
Conley
Goodrich, Stockton, Williams and Conley. Green and Hill are kind of pushing it lol.

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2022, 03:55 PM
Goodrich, Stockton, Williams and Conley. Green and Hill are kind of pushing it lol.

Green was one of the best pg's in the league before Stockton came along. Made the all star team. Hill was arguably their best player his first month before hurting his toe. Was everything Ricky Rubio was not! Stockton's career alone could put them up with the Suns since he played against all those guys except Paul!!!

3ba11
04-18-2022, 04:01 PM
Do The Phoenix Suns have the best collection of Points Guards of All-Time for any franchise?

Dennis Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chris Paul

Who went the furthest with them? (as 1st option)

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 04:06 PM
Steve Nash

Phoenix
04-18-2022, 04:07 PM

Tom Chambers was 1st option in 89 and 90 when the Suns went to the conference finals. Go sit down and don't bring that bullshit into this thread.

tontoz
04-18-2022, 04:15 PM

Dennis Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chris Paul

Nobody can touch that.

Spuddywebby
04-18-2022, 04:16 PM
Celtics
Cousy
Jo Jo White
Tiny Archibald
Dennis Johnson
KC Jones- coaching and playing point guard
Championship Rondo
Back up the Brinks truck Thomas

ralph_i_el
04-18-2022, 04:55 PM
Celtics
Cousy
Jo Jo White
Tiny Archibald
Dennis Johnson
Championship Rondo

Kyrie Irving :lol

John_Connor
04-18-2022, 05:01 PM
just shows how overrated point guards are tbh

the team with the most legendary PGs never won shit

Lakers Fan
04-18-2022, 05:10 PM
Magic
Jerry West
Norm Nixon
Nick Van Excel
Nash
Gary Payton
DLo
Westbrook
Rondo

tontoz
04-18-2022, 05:16 PM
Magic
Jerry West
Norm Nixon
Nick Van Excel
Nash
Gary Payton
DLo
Westbrook
Rondo

Half those guys were washed by the time they got to the Lakers. Van Excel and Nixon were good but not great.

:oldlol: @ DLo

j3lademaster
04-18-2022, 05:18 PM
Steve NashMight have a ring if not for a shady ref. Utah was solid but very beatable, and Lebron was just a baby- not quite ready yet, especially while out-manned.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 05:23 PM
Might have a ring if not for a shady ref. Utah was solid but very beatable, and Lebron was just a baby- not quite ready yet, especially while out-manned.
That was an unusually weak year for the NBA, only 3 real contenders, and one of them got wrecked in the first round. That Spurs/Suns series was undoubtedly the real Finals, Utah and the Cavs are legitimately the weakest final two opponents I've seen a team have to beat to win the title.

Lakers Fan
But the Lakers top 2 PGs beat anything The Suns ever had. Washed up or no Lakers have more names too

L.Kizzle
Celtics
Cousy
Jo Jo White
Tiny Archibald
Dennis Johnson
Championship Rondo
This is a close one. With Phoenix.

3ba11
04-18-2022, 05:40 PM
Tom Chambers was 1st option in 89 and 90 when the Suns went to the conference finals. Go sit down and don't bring that bullshit into this thread.

KJ led the 90' Suns in scoring & assists when they upset Magic's 1-seeded Lakers to make the WCF

No other Suns PG dominated an all-time great player to make the WCF.. And no other Suns PG made the Finals in 3-pointer history until CP3 last year

KJ also averaged 28/6/9 in 2 seven-game series against champion Hakeem in 94/95 - he would've gone B2B as 1st option if Barkley hadn't wet the bed both times

tontoz
04-18-2022, 05:41 PM
But the Lakers top 2 PGs beat anything The Suns ever had. Washed up or no Lakers have more names too

Jerry West was widely seen as a 2 much of his career. He is frequently mentioned on the All-Time lists as a 2, rarely as a pg.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 05:57 PM
KJ led the 90' Suns in scoring & assists when they upset Magic's 1-seeded Lakers to make the WCF

No other Suns PG dominated an all-time great player to make the WCF.. And no other Suns PG made the Finals in 3-pointer history until CP3 last year

KJ also averaged 28/6/9 in 2 seven-game series against champion Hakeem in 94/95 - he would've gone B2B as 1st option if Barkley hadn't wet the bed both times
1990 WCSF

KJ: 22/6/11 56%TS
Magic: 30/6/12 62%TS

Yeah bro, he really "dominated" Magic in that series :lol

I also see you made no mention of the fact Chambers & Hornacek both averaged 20 ppg in that series too, with Chambers scoring literally 2 less points than KJ the entire series. Strange how that whole "equal scoring partners" point goes out the window when inconvenient for your agenda.

3ba11
04-18-2022, 06:15 PM
1990 WCSF

KJ: 22/6/11 56%TS
Magic: 30/6/12 62%TS

Yeah bro, he really "dominated" Magic in that series :lol

I also see you made no mention of the fact Chambers & Hornacek both averaged 20 ppg in that series too, with Chambers scoring literally 2 less points than KJ the entire series. Strange how that whole "equal scoring partners" point goes out the window when inconvenient for your agenda.

Equal-scoring partners don't matter because I never said KJ carried the Suns - I just said that he led the 90' Suns in scoring & assists when they upset Magic's 1-seeded Lakers to make the WCF

No other Suns PG defeated an all-time great player to make the WCF.. And no other Suns PG made the Finals in 3-pointer history until CP3 last year

ShawkFactory
04-18-2022, 06:35 PM
Equal-scoring partners don't matter because I never said KJ carried the Suns - I just said that he led the 90' Suns in scoring & assists when they upset Magic's 1-seeded Lakers to make the WCF

No other Suns PG defeated an all-time great player to make the WCF.. And no other Suns PG made the Finals in 3-pointer history until CP3 last year

The 2010 Suns defeated Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili to reach the WCF.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 06:37 PM
Damn, and Nash was the leading scorer in that series too :lol

ShawkFactory
04-18-2022, 06:41 PM
Damn, and Nash was the leading scorer in that series too :lol

I like how his last 2 posts were copy/pasted but he changed "dominated" to "defeated". Such a weird fvcking dude :lol

Manny98
04-18-2022, 06:59 PM
Jason Kidd
Kyrie Irving
D'Angelo Russell
Stephon Marbury
Kenny Anderson
Deron Williams

Phoenix
04-18-2022, 07:03 PM

He would have gone back to back what? There's no guarantee the Suns win the title those years if they got past the Rockets.

KJ doesn't magically become the first option because he led the team in ONE playoff series while Chambers led the team in scoring during the season and playoffs overall. Even in the 'first option' Lakers series you're prattling on about, he averaged 22.0 to 21.6 for Chambers. You're doing the same bullshit with Barkley. In 95 Sir Charles was the leading scorer for the season and playoffs. Hell, in the first round Barkley averaged 34 to KJs 18, but because KJ averaged 28 to 23 for Barkley against Houston, you bestow the 'first option' status on him on account of a 7 game sample size. FOH with that bullshit. :oldlol:

And as SBT said, how does KJ being outscored, out rebounded, and and assists by Magic equate to KJ 'dominating' when he clearly lost the head to head matchup overall?

Phoenix
04-18-2022, 07:05 PM

:oldlol:

Sit down, 3bitch.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Another thread 3ball gets his shit pushed in :lol He really is a glutton for punishment.

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 07:12 PM

jokic is for sure going be an all time great by the end of his career too

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 07:15 PM
jokic is for sure going be an all time great by the end of his career too
Nash also beat Dirk, aka a guy 3ball has in his top 10, averaging 30/12.

ShawkFactory
04-18-2022, 07:22 PM
Nash also beat Dirk, aka a guy 3ball has in his top 10, averaging 30/12.

That doesn't count because it wasn't specifically to get into the WCF. The verbiage is important I'm sure.

But yea I'm pretty sure Dirk was in the latest version of his top 10 list but Magic wasn't.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 07:26 PM
That doesn't count because it wasn't specifically to get into the WCF. The verbiage is important I'm sure.

But yea I'm pretty sure Dirk was in the latest version of his top 10 list but Magic wasn't.
It actually was, they beat the Mavs in '05 to reach the WCF.

And you're right, I forgot in his infinite wisdom he had Dirk top 10 and not Magic, so Nash > KJ based on his own criteria :lol