PDA

View Full Version : Is freddy van the worst all star ever?

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:16 PM
The guy is trash relatively speaking. Trying to think of a worse one but i can't.

ShawkFactory
04-18-2022, 09:18 PM
Seriously? Definitely not :lol

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:24 PM
Seriously? Definitely not :lol

Bruh he's not an all star. He's a solid role player but he's not an all star caliber player. Put him on a contender and he's a role player. Put him on Phoenix dude dosn't even start.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 09:28 PM
Every topic you make reveals you to be a braindead casual.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 09:30 PM
Not even close :oldlol: Unless you think Jamaal Magloire was better.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 09:32 PM
He's not even close to the worst all-star this year :lol Frigging Wiggins made it

Manny98
04-18-2022, 09:33 PM
What? He's not even the worst all star this year :oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:36 PM

Impact wise it's probably around the same

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:37 PM
He's not even close to the worst all-star this year :lol Frigging Wiggins made it

Wiggins is better than vanvleet but neither are real all stars

Manny98
04-18-2022, 09:37 PM
Impact wise it's probably around the same
Bro you're tripping :oldlol:

What did Van Leet do to you

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:38 PM
On almost every contender dude dosn't start

RRR3
04-18-2022, 09:39 PM
Wiggins is better than vanvleet but neither are real all stars
Dumbdumb23

Axe
04-18-2022, 09:40 PM
Lol op you're trying to sound like hbk dimwit with this take. Calm down man.

John_Connor
04-18-2022, 09:42 PM
im gonna go with one of these guys without the asterisks next to their name as the worst allstar in history

these are the 1952 allstars from the first game ever played

https://i.ibb.co/qBY022W/Screenshot-20220418-214027-Chrome.jpg

RRR3
04-18-2022, 09:42 PM
VanVleet ranked 8th in Raptor WAR, 10th in Raptor and 31st in EPM but his impact is similar to Jamaal Magloire and he’s worse than Wiggins according to retarded ass OP

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:46 PM
What other playoff team does he start on that's good?

paksat
04-18-2022, 09:49 PM
the fact he is an all star is all you need to know about how watered down the current nba is

back in 02-04 you had people like kobe, pierce, vince carter, tracy mcgrady, iverson, ray allen etc. etc.

can you imagine midget fck fred on that team across from one of those guys trying to contain them?

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 09:52 PM
the fact he is an all star is all you need to know about how watered down the current nba is

back in 02-04 you had people like kobe, pierce, vince carter, tracy mcgrady, iverson, ray allen etc. etc.

can you imagine midget fck fred on that team across from one of those guys trying to contain them?
Yeah, instead you had the likes of Wally Szczerbiak, Brad Miller, Antonio & Dale Davis, and Jamaal Magloire making it instead.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:53 PM

Yeah that's my point. Anyone who watches the raps and dosn't just look at stats knows freddy isn't that guy. He's on a mediocre team and defenses don't pay him much mind so he does pretty good in this easy era but he's definitely one of the weakest all stars ever.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 09:53 PM
Yeah, instead you had the likes of Wally Szczerbiak, Brad Miller, Antonio & Dale Davis, and Jamaal Magloire making it instead.
:roll:

Nostalgia stans at it again.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:54 PM

They're all suspect all stars also but so is freddy dude.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 09:55 PM
What other playoff team does he start on that's good?
Celtics, Heat (started next to Lowry before), Bucks, Mavs, Nuggets, are you serious rn?

Axe
04-18-2022, 09:56 PM

02-04 when george w. bush became the joke potus of all-time :roll:

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 09:58 PM
He dosn't make the all star team if he's on any other playoff team.

ShawkFactory
04-18-2022, 09:58 PM

You seem like kind of an idiot.

1987_Lakers
04-18-2022, 10:00 PM
How the hell is he any worse than say BJ Armstrong?

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 10:01 PM
They're all suspect all stars also but so is freddy dude.
I wouldn't even care if you felt that way, but worst "ever"? There's way too many selections that would qualify as worse. Do you really believe VanVleet is worse than all of the guys I listed? End of career all-stars like Kobe or Yao? Or someone from earlier like BJ Armstrong or James Donaldson?

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2022, 10:02 PM
You seem like kind of an idiot.
Remove the "kind of" and you got it.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:02 PM
As we speak he gets a dumb turnover and gets blocked on back to back possessions:facepalm

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 10:03 PM
you're underrating how good he is on defense and his impact was huge pre all star break. He kept toronto afloat when siakam wasnt great. Yea he doesnt start on a lot of playoff teams but that says more about how loaded point guard is right now.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:05 PM
you're underrating how good he is on defense and his impact was huge pre all star break. He kept toronto afloat when siakam wasnt great. Yea he doesnt start on a lot of playoff teams but that says more about how loaded point guard is right now.
He'd start on plenty, teams can play 2 points now if they both play good d, especially if they're big like Jrue.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't even care if you felt that way, but worst "ever"? There's way too many selections that would qualify as worse. Do you really believe VanVleet is worse than all of the guys I listed? End of career all-stars like Kobe or Yao? Or someone from earlier like BJ Armstrong or James Donaldson?

I don't know if he's the worst that's why i asked dude. He's definitely up there though. He just got lucky. In any other situation and team he dosn't make the all star team. Again what other playoff team does he make the all star team on?

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:06 PM
He'd start on plenty, teams can play 2 points now if they both play good d, especially if they're big like Jrue.

Cool what other playoff team does he make the all star team on?

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 10:11 PM

yea if you do that I'm very wrong

I don't know if he's the worst that's why i asked dude. He's definitely up there though. He just got lucky. In any other situation and team he dosn't make the all star team. Again what other playoff team does he make the all star team on?

I wont say become an all star but he would look good and have an important role on some teams. bulls, heat(better than lowry now I think), sixers, nuggets, clippers, jazz(conley similar to lowry now), mavs, wolves.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:13 PM
Cool what other playoff team does he make the all star team on?
What does that have to do with anything? First it was he couldn't start on other playoff teams, now it's what playoff teams could he make the all-star team on? Talk about goal post moving

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:14 PM

I wont say become an all star but he would look good and have an important role on some teams. bulls, heat(better than lowry now I think), sixers, nuggets, clippers, jazz(conley similar to lowry now), mavs, wolves.

Yeah forsure. I already said he's a solid role player. Not sure about him being better than lowery. He wasn't when they played together. I can't stand lowery because of the flopping but he's a tough player. He has way more on the game overall imo.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:15 PM

He is starting on the Wolves, Nuggets (with their injuries at least), Bulls, Mavericks, and Celtics for sure. Some other teams are possible as well.

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 10:17 PM
Yeah forsure. I already said he's a solid role player. Not sure about him being better than lowery. He wasn't when they played together. I can't stand lowery because of the flopping but he's a tough player. He has way more on the game overall imo.

lowry was better a few years ago ofc. he's older now, just doesnt do as much as he used to.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:18 PM
What does that have to do with anything? First it was he couldn't start on other playoff teams, now it's what playoff teams could he make the all-star team on? Talk about goal post moving

Answer the question though. What other playoff team does he make the all star team on? Shit i can name a bunch of non all stars that teams wouldn't even entertain trading fir vanvleet. You think philly would trade tyrese for fred? You think warriors trade poole for fred? Hell no they wouldn't There's a bunch of non all stars better than fred.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:19 PM
lowry was better a few years ago ofc. he's older now, just doesnt do as much as he used to.

True it's definitely close

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:21 PM
Answer the question though. What other playoff team does he make the all star team on? Shit i can name a bunch of non all stars that teams wouldn't even entertain trading fir vanvleet. You think philly would trade tyrese for fred? You think warriors trade poole for fred? Hell no they wouldn't There's a bunch of non all stars better than fred.
You didn't even respond when I countered your BS but I have to respond to you? :lol Those guys aren't better they are younger and still developing and that's why they wouldn't be traded for him. If you think the Raptors have close to the same season with Poole or Maxey replacing FVV you are a moron.

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 10:25 PM
True it's definitely close

but impact wise fred was clearly better this year(numbers arent close). It's not close just because you say so lol

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:26 PM
He is starting on the Wolves, Nuggets (with their injuries at least), Bulls, Mavericks, and Celtics for sure. Some other teams are possible as well.

I swear you're the worst. He's not starting on the celtics dude. I don't even know if he starts on the bulls. Bulls wouldn't need his scoring as much as raps do and Caruso is a way better defender. Wolves is a maybe. He starts on denver because of the injuries but otherwise he dosn't. I'll give you tge mavs though.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:27 PM
You didn't even respond when I countered your BS but I have to respond to you? :lol Those guys aren't better they are younger and still developing and that's why they wouldn't be traded for him. If you think the Raptors have close to the same season with Poole or Maxey replacing FVV you are a moron.

They definitely do. Put maxey on the raps and his numbers are significantly better. Same with poole.

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:29 PM
I swear you're the worst. He's not starting on the celtics dude. I don't even know if he starts on the bulls. Bulls wouldn't need his scoring as much as raps do and Caruso is a way better defender. Wolves is a maybe. He starts on denver because of the injuries but otherwise he dosn't. I'll give you tge mavs though.
The Celtics start Marcus Smart at point guard and Jaylen Brown at shooting guard. They are both getting moved up a slot to SG and SF if they had FVV, they can easily do that. Wolves is not a maybe, who tf are they starting over him? :roll: Caruso starting over him is hilarious considering Caruso didn't even start a lot fo the year :roll:

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:29 PM
They definitely do. Put maxey on the raps and his numbers are significantly better. Same with poole.
Holy shit you're actually retarded.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:30 PM
but impact wise fred was clearly better this year(numbers arent close). It's not close just because you say so lol

Of course his numbers are better he's on a worse team. Do you really think fred is getting the same shots on the heat that he does on the raps. He has a green light on the raps. He wouldn't on the heat.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:38 PM
The Celtics start Marcus Smart at point guard and Jaylen Brown at shooting guard. They are both getting moved up a slot to SG and SF if they had FVV, they can easily do that. Wolves is not a maybe, who tf are they starting over him? :roll: Caruso starting over him is hilarious considering Caruso didn't even start a lot fo the year :roll:

No they aren't bumping them up fred would be coming off the bench. And wolves is a maybe because wolves don't need his scoring. They need bevs defense and intensity more than they'd need freds scoring. Freds getting 17 attempts on raps. You think he gets anywhere close to that on wolves or cetics. He maybe gets half as many attempts.

Westbrook_Fan
04-18-2022, 10:38 PM
No, it’s 2003 Jordan

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 10:40 PM
Of course his numbers are better he's on a worse team. Do you really think fred is getting the same shots on the heat that he does on the raps. He has a green light on the raps. He wouldn't on the heat.

he get quite a bit of a green light because butler and bam arent the highest scoring star duo. His defense is easily better than lowry's too now so numbers are not his only case.

and I must agree with RRR3, raptors defense falls apart replacing fvv with either of those guys. Their teams wont trade them for vanvleet because they're younger with a lot of upside while Fred is in his prime. Doesnt mean those guys are better right now

SATAN
04-18-2022, 10:42 PM
Helmet boy at it again. :facepalm

RRR3
04-18-2022, 10:43 PM
Helmet boy at it again. :facepalm
He earned the nickname Dumbdumb23

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:47 PM
Holy shit you're actually retarded.

Nah buddy you're retarded if you actually think maxey and poole aren't better than fred. Freds only an all star because he's on the raps. In a different situation like on the warriors or philly how many attempts do you think he gets? Do actually think he's getting a17 attempts? The only difference between fred, poole and maxey is fred takes more shots because he's on a worse team.

Bronbron23
04-18-2022, 10:56 PM
he get quite a bit of a green light because butler and bam arent the highest scoring star duo. His defense is easily better than lowry's too now so numbers are not his only case.

and I must agree with RRR3, raptors defense falls apart replacing fvv with either of those guys. Their teams wont trade them for vanvleet because they're younger with a lot of upside while Fred is in his prime. Doesnt mean those guys are better right now

Nah bro he gets maybe 12 or 13 shots a game and that's a stretch. He got 7 shot attempts a game when he was on a contending team for a reason. It's not like freds way better than 19 he's just has a green light and shooting more. Throw a healthy kawhi or any mvp caliber player on the raps right now and freds attempts plumet and he's no longer an all star. He's not even close.

n00bie
04-18-2022, 11:48 PM
I'd say this year LeBron was worse than Freddy.

Freddy hit a lot of clutch shots this season. He also played defense and took his crappy team to the playoffs.

LeBron took his "all star" team to the bottom of the standings.

NBAGOAT
04-18-2022, 11:49 PM
Nah bro he gets maybe 12 or 13 shots a game and that's a stretch. He got 7 shot attempts a game when he was on a contending team for a reason. It's not like freds way better than 19 he's just has a green light and shooting more. Throw a healthy kawhi or any mvp caliber player on the raps right now and freds attempts plumet and he's no longer an all star. He's not even close.

he's a lot better than when he played for kawhi. he's scored around 20 3 straight years now including that raptors team that won like 60 games

Axe
04-18-2022, 11:56 PM
he's a lot better than when he played for kawhi. he's scored around 20 3 straight years now including that raptors team that won like 60 games
60 games? I think they never did so yet lol.

Gohan
04-19-2022, 12:32 AM
Billups says hi

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 12:32 AM

They never won 60 brotha. And he's no better now than he was the year after kawhi. The only difference between now and 19-20 is he shots a few more shots a game.

Again if you throw a mvp caliber player on this raptors squad fred goes from 17 shots a game to maybe 12 at best. That drops his scoring to around 15 pts or so which is below what players like poole and maxey score. Put fred on any other playoff team and he's a solid role player but he's not an all star. This is true for any year in any era. Smart money says raps either trade him or find a way to get a real star in Toronto and fred never gets another all star. This was most likely a one and done.

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 12:33 AM
Billups says hi

You think fred is better than billups?

MrFonzworth
04-19-2022, 12:57 AM
VanVleet ranked 8th in Raptor WAR, 10th in Raptor and 31st in EPM but his impact is similar to Jamaal Magloire and he’s worse than Wiggins according to retarded ass OP

Holy shit you're a massive loser

Jasper
04-19-2022, 09:34 AM
I believe he was over paid...

good for him.

8Ball
04-19-2022, 09:55 AM
Never give money to someone less than 6 feet.

He can't do anything in the playoffs.

paksat
04-19-2022, 11:27 AM
20 ppg on 40 percent shooting this year lmao

Allen Iverson doesn't even chuck that bad.

ralph_i_el
04-19-2022, 12:48 PM
20 ppg on 40 percent shooting this year lmao

Allen Iverson doesn't even chuck that bad.

Most of his shots were 3's (17 shots per game, 10 were threes). He actually shot a respectable 44% on 2s.

Allen Iverson only had 1 full season of his career where he matched or exceeded FVV's TS% this year (55%)

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 02:20 PM
Most of his shots were 3's (17 shots per game, 10 were threes). He actually shot a respectable 44% on 2s.

Allen Iverson only had 1 full season of his career where he matched or exceeded FVV's TS% this year (55%)

Bruh iverson played in the hardest scoring era ever and freddy playsbin one of the easiest. Throw fred in late 90's to early 2000's and he's coming off the bench scoring 8-12 pts a game.

paksat
04-19-2022, 02:22 PM

FVV is clearly better than Iverson then, the stats prove it case settled

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-19-2022, 04:35 PM
He was just a robert Horry type player during kawhi's title run. He did hit some huge shots but I don't know how impactful he can be in a bigger role. I guess he was undrafted so maybe they were right.

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 05:24 PM
He was just a robert Horry type player during kawhi's title run. He did hit some huge shots but I don't know how impactful he can be in a bigger role. I guess he was undrafted so maybe they were right.

Yeah pretty much. To me true all stars are all star caliber no matter the situation. This isn't the case with freddy. Raps are one of the few teams where he's able to put up all star numbers as a first option. Throw him on the other side of the court in this series and he goes from the number 1 option to possibly the number 4.

Im Still Ballin
04-19-2022, 05:33 PM
Chris Gatling, anyone?

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 06:33 PM
Chris Gatling, anyone?

Yeah he was a suspect all star also. It's not like fred is much better than him though. Gat was a better rebounder and defender and fred is a better passer and bit better scorer.

FireDavidKahn
04-19-2022, 06:55 PM
Mo Williams

HoopsNY
04-19-2022, 06:58 PM
Yeah he was a suspect all star also. It's not like fred is much better than him though. Gat was a better rebounder and defender and fred is a better passer and bit better scorer.

The difference is FVV was selected, guys like Gatling were replacements. Granted, if it was done in the traditional method, then FVV probably doesn't get selected.

NBAGOAT
04-19-2022, 07:47 PM
Yeah pretty much. To me true all stars are all star caliber no matter the situation. This isn't the case with freddy. Raps are one of the few teams where he's able to put up all star numbers as a first option. Throw him on the other side of the court in this series and he goes from the number 1 option to possibly the number 4.

you can say this about a few guys every year. they have a career year in a good situation. No one's saying vanvleet will be a perennial all star or that he's not one of the weaker all star selections this year. Thinking he's a 4th option on other playoff teams is exaggerating and thinking poole and maxey are better based on 2 playoff games is overreacting to though they could be next year. The East had another one of those selections in Jarrett Allen this year. Last year conley made it etc.

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 09:15 PM
Mo Williams

Yeah i'll give you that for sure

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 09:25 PM
you can say this about a few guys every year. they have a career year in a good situation. No one's saying vanvleet will be a perennial all star or that he's not one of the weaker all star selections this year. Thinking he's a 4th option on other playoff teams is exaggerating and thinking poole and maxey are better based on 2 playoff games is overreacting to though they could be next year. The East had another one of those selections in Jarrett Allen this year. Last year conley made it etc.

Well i'm not basing it on a couple games lol. Maxey was 18 on 49%fg and 43% 3pt this year. Poole was 19 on 45%fg and 36% 3pt. Both took 13 shots a game which is 4 less shots than fred. Fred was 20 on 40%fg and 38%3pt.

Do you really think if fred is on warriors or philly he's still getting 17 shots up? He's not he's gonna get around the same amount of shots those are getting which is gonna drop his scoring to right around what those guys are at. I can guarantee this will play out when either the raps trade him or get a elite player. Time will tell

ralph_i_el
04-19-2022, 09:28 PM
FVV is clearly better than Iverson then, the stats prove it case settled

You brought up AI. I was just putting FVV's shooting % in context.