PDA

View Full Version : Jokics MVP odds right now

John_Connor
04-19-2022, 12:16 AM
https://worldstar.com/videos/wshhWH8cZTgq898DkQIO/pure-pain-snowboarder-gets-wrecked-during-practice-leap-left-with-a-concussion-2-black-eyes-amp-a-broken-nose

fourkicks44
04-19-2022, 12:20 AM
It's a regular season award, John.

He already has it in the bag anyway.

John_Connor
04-19-2022, 12:22 AM

you think they ain't calling in and saying they made a mistake lmao

you know for a fact that shit ain't written in stone

I bet my account embiid wins it

Gohan
04-19-2022, 12:30 AM
If embiid doesnt win it its a tragedy. Jokb1tch is trash

hold this L
04-19-2022, 12:57 AM
If embiid doesnt win it its a tragedy. Jokb1tch is trash

He's been better than Embiid babyboi, deal with it.

Akeem34TheDream
04-19-2022, 01:46 AM
I've argued with few people here that it's usually given to a guy from one of the best teams and wins&seeding matter. I think they will give it to him anyway because he led the league in so many stats. "But he didn't have his teammates" shouldn't be an argument if we don't want to see mvps losing decisively in the first round regularly.

FultzNationRISE
04-19-2022, 02:15 AM
People care too much about this award tbh. All it measures is the majority opinion among an arbitrarily selected group of sportswriters. It’s still ultimately just opinions, they dont matter for anything anyway. Theres no reason to really care who gets it.

We all know Lebron has deserved it every year since 07 anyway

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-19-2022, 02:19 AM
Irving just made marcus smart look like a 12 year old on defense

Next day he wins defensive player of the year

Yeah it doesn't matter

Dirk also embarrassed himself in 07

GrayGoat
04-19-2022, 02:26 AM
Irving just made marcus smart look like a 12 year old on defense

Next day he wins defensive player of the year

Yeah it doesn't matter

Dirk also embarrassed himself in 07
You know if you watched the game you would have known smart guarded KD more than Kyrie. On four possessions that Marcus DID guard Kyrie he went 1-3 you stupid dumb fvck

imdaman99
04-19-2022, 04:08 AM
Warriors would do this to Embiid as well... so slow your horses.

CountDracula
04-19-2022, 04:25 AM
“You may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero Joker!”
-The Admiral & The Dream

https://i.ibb.co/wdQ4V1x/17-D9-D659-FCF0-463-F-85-ED-3-C0-E32-D42766.jpg (https://ibb.co/6ytFz5f)

https://i.ibb.co/pK1ZRkS/AA9249-D0-1-AF4-4647-A1-C5-43629-B919-E42.jpg (https://ibb.co/jw8GWjS)

https://i.ibb.co/7YDDFZY/2-D360637-3-C35-4-B51-8-C46-FCEA19-A4-D1-E9.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

r0drig0lac
04-19-2022, 06:22 AM
Joel is the best player in the world

CelticBaller
04-19-2022, 06:26 AM
You’d think a guy who’s been watching the NBA for almost 20 years would know that the voting is done

tontoz
04-19-2022, 08:36 AM
Warriors would do this to Embiid as well... so slow your horses.

They have done it to Embiid. Steph dropped 49 on them last year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202104190PHI.html

Embiid dropped back on the pick and roll time after time and Steph lit them up.

SouBeachTalents
04-19-2022, 09:04 AM
After 2007 people should’ve realized voters don’t let what happens in the playoffs affect their decision. You literally couldn’t have had a more catastrophic playoff result than Dirk had and he still won MVP.

Jasper
04-19-2022, 09:18 AM
give it to Jokic , like Nash , so we never here about him again.

ShawkFactory
04-19-2022, 09:55 AM

Don't hold your breath.

FultzNationRISE
04-19-2022, 02:00 PM
You know if you watched the game you would have known smart guarded KD more than Kyrie. On four possessions that Marcus DID guard Kyrie he went 1-3 you stupid dumb fvck

This is true, I also thought Smart was the one getting torched initially but looking back at the highlights I realize the guy I thought was Smart was actually Jaylen Brown :lol. I was getting my short, round-headed black guys mixed up.

Actually the tape shows the Celtics have different guys on different people a lot. Including plenty of times Smart was guarding Claxton for whatever reason.

At some point you'd think theyd wanna stick the DPOY on the guy that's killing them. Not sure what that was about.

Bronbron23
04-19-2022, 03:03 PM

This. He deserves it for what he did during the regular season but he's not the most valuable player in the league.

fourkicks44
04-19-2022, 03:20 PM
Someone critics Jokic and everyone come running to discredit Embiid. Never changes.

I'm sure if the Warriors played the Sixers in a playoff series Draymond would guard Joel one on one in the post also?

Joel and Joker are both Centers and the two best players in the league, but their games are so different.

Any strategy blows caution to doubling Jokic and playing Embiid one on one. I don't have to bring up the difference in their defensive versatility.

Joker will hit back, watch him win the next two in Denver. Don't count out the two times MVP. He has done it before, with his main guys sure, but he is a better player now too.

tontoz
04-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Someone critics Jokic and everyone come running to discredit Embiid. Never changes.

I'm sure if the Warriors played the Sixers in a playoff series Draymond would guard Joel one on one in the post also?

Joel and Joker are both Centers and the two best players in the league, but their games are so different.

Any strategy blows caution to doubling Jokic and playing Embiid one on one. I don't have to bring up the difference in their defensive versatility.

Joker will hit back, watch him win the next two in Denver. Don't count out the two times MVP. He has done it before, with his main guys sure, but he is a better player now too.

Let's be real this is a troll thread and OP is the one who brought up Embiid's name before anyone else.

Jokic is a big threat to pass out of double teams. If they guard him man to man it will at least limit his passing. In a sense they may be using his unselfishness against him, betting that he won't be aggressive enough to make them pay.

GS led the league in defensive efficiency during the regular season. It isn't surprising that short handed Denver is struggling to score against them.

FultzNationRISE
04-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Let's be real this is a troll thread and OP is the one who brought up Embiid's name before anyone else.

Jokic is a big threat to pass out of double teams. If they guard him man to man it will at least limit his passing. In a sense they may be using his unselfishness against him, betting that he won't be aggressive enough to make them pay.

GS led the league in defensive efficiency during the regular season. It isn't surprising that short handed Denver is struggling to score against them.

Yup. He has to adapt his game and focus on punishing Green.

That said, Green has been guarding him well in the mid post where he usually gets the ball. Dray’s low center of gravity makes it hard for Joker to back him down. They need to utilize the height advantage, posting him deeper and throwing high entry passes that let him catch and finish at the rim. Hes gotta get closer to the basket and make the height advantage an asset. He’ll probably get to the line more too.

As far as Embiid, he’s a better face up player than Joker and would probably wanna go at Green that way. In either case, trying to just back Dray down off the dribble is clearly the path of most resistance. Joker needs to use his length and mass down low (pun intended) and catch the ball closer to the rim.

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2022, 04:08 PM
you think they ain't calling in and saying they made a mistake lmao

you know for a fact that shit ain't written in stone

I bet my account embiid wins it

Lmao its done.

Jokic won.

plowking
04-19-2022, 11:42 PM

**** me this is a dumbass take at its finest.

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2022, 12:07 AM
**** me this is a dumbass take at its finest.

Gimme dat