PDA

View Full Version : Imagine your 3x DPOY getting played off the court by Maxi Kleber…

AirBonner
04-19-2022, 02:44 AM
Credit Jason Kidd for finding the one lineup that Dallas has that could score on Utah with Kleber at C, and riding it to victory tonight. They went Kleber at C for 32 mins tonight.:biggums::biggums:
:biggums:

Im Still Ballin
04-19-2022, 02:51 AM
Rudy was at no fault: the issue was Donovan and the rest of the perimeter defenders. Rudy has to leave his man every time because they can't stop dribble penetration. Utah's rotating sucks, so Gobert's man is left wide open.

RRR3
04-19-2022, 02:55 AM
Rudy was at no fault: the issue was Donovan and the rest of the perimeter defenders. Rudy has to leave his man every time because they can't stop dribble penetration. Utah's rotating sucks, so Gobert's man is left wide open.
Toody had the same issue when the Jazz had Rubio, Crowder and Ingles I don’t want to hear it.

imdaman99
04-19-2022, 04:05 AM

I have to say I do agree with this, but Mavs were just baiting him into helping just so his man could be open for 3. Even the TNT guys were wondering why they didn't take Rudy out of the game.

Mask the Embiid
04-19-2022, 04:28 AM
The man is playing with some of the dumbest defenders in the league and has them as a top defense in the league :oldlol: it’s laughable he didn’t get dpoy.

Bridges is surround by high iq defenders
Smart is surrounded by high iq defenders
Jaren Jackson is surrounded by high iq defenders
Giannis is surround by high iq defenders
Bam is surrounded by high iq defenders
Dray… I take my hat off to em…
Who else was in the running this year???? Uhhhh

Dpoy (all the awards)is a joke. If you haven’t played the game at a nba level you shouldn’t be able to vote on these awards… fans have way to big of an effect on ppl’s career accomplishments. Toody winning dpoy like 7 years straight, would have a huge positive effect on his all time rank and I’m not a toody stan but facts are facts…. I clown the bumbling oof just as much as the next man. But he is the best defender in the league hands fking down!

Edit him and dray

HE IS PLAYING WITH 2 6’1 guards, a euro, a 6’4 pf, and jordan Clarkson as his fking 6 man!!! What don’t u pieces of crap get about that…. Do you not understand how hard that is it to win with???? To have that garbage as a top defense every single year????

This is legendary shit!

Mask the Embiid
04-19-2022, 04:41 AM
i have to say i do agree with this, but mavs were just baiting him into helping just so his man could be open for 3. Even the tnt guys were wondering why they didn't take rudy out of the game.

and replace him with who??????? They dont got shit on the bench!!!!!! Whiteside is a shot blocker just like Rudy he willl do the same thing… ITS CALLED FKING ROTATION!!!! Help the helper!!!!

I really need to go back to not taking conversations on this site seriously…. This can’t be healthy… carry on ish

Im Still Ballin
04-19-2022, 04:57 AM
and replace him with who??????? They dont got shit on the bench!!!!!! Whiteside is a shot blocker just like Rudy he willl do the same thing… ITS CALLED FKING ROTATION!!!! Help the helper!!!!

I really need to go back to not taking conversations on this site seriously…. This can’t be healthy… carry on ish

Rudy should do a Kobe '06 vs Phoenix and make a point by never leaving his man. Just let Donovan and the others get burned, giving up lay-up after lay-up.

kentatm
04-19-2022, 05:12 AM
Rudy should do a Kobe '06 vs Phoenix and make a point by never leaving his man. Just let Donovan and the others get burned, giving up lay-up after lay-up.

Honestly that should be their game plan regardless of how Gobert feels about their perimeter defenders. W/o Luka the only guy Dallas has who is consistently good at finishing on drives is Brunson. Letting the Mavs 3 point shooters get any kind of space to get hot is begging to lose.

RRR3
04-19-2022, 05:20 AM
Honestly that should be their game plan regardless of how Gobert feels about their perimeter defenders. W/o Luka the only guy Dallas has who is consistently good at finishing on drives is Brunson. Letting the Mavs 3 point shooters get any kind of space to get hot is begging to lose.
Having watched the Jazz in the playoffs in years past I doubt Snyder is changing it up which is good news for you guys. Hopefully Luka can come back in game 3, Jazz might get backdoor swept if he does.

Toody had the same issue when the Jazz had Rubio, Crowder and Ingles I don’t want to hear it.

crowder has been better in phoenix than he was in utah

rubio and ingles were hardly don buse and bobby jones

insight
04-19-2022, 08:28 AM
The biggest weakness of the UTAH Jazz is their guards and wings can't stop dribble penetration. They philosophy of funneling everything to a premier shot blocker breaks down when you have a team that is good a drive and kick or a big man who can shoot from outside and draw your shot blocker out of the lane.

Bankaii
04-19-2022, 09:32 AM
Why do y’all hate this guy so much?
Defensively, he gets burned the majority of the time because he’s covering for his teammates. Hrs gotten destroyed by scrubs a few too many times, but he’s still an elite defender.

Mitchell plays zero defense and is a black hole as a point guard on offense. He’s more of an issue than Gobert

8Ball
04-19-2022, 09:41 AM
Gobert is done winning this award after being played off the court last post season vs the clippers.

Wally450
04-19-2022, 09:52 AM

I've wondered the same thing. Seems like the most random player to hate on. :lol

ImKobe
04-19-2022, 09:56 AM

Pretty much. At least Rudy gives them the advantage on the boards. The Jazz have been mediocre from 3 the first two games of the series while Rudy's putting up 17 boards a game with the Jazz outrebounding the Mavs by 19 a game. They got the road win they needed and are in a good position to win the series in 6 if Luka can't get healthy in time. People on ISH act as if they're down 0 - 2 and are going on the road lol.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2022, 09:56 AM
They try to feed every drive attempt to Gobert the whole year like the bad defensive guards did on the late 90s Heat with Mourning only unlike the late 90s….70% of the bigs can shoot 3s now. Makes it all quite simple.

He has to stay out of the lane or give up layups his team isn’t used to having to prevent because in the regular season teams are more prone to play their base offense instead of game planning specifically to one matchup because it matters more. A team that has to play the Jazz for 2 weeks will play to beat the Jazz not the usual daily offense.

That “Funnel everyone to the shot blocker” shit doesn’t work in 2022 when a team gets serious about poking holes into it. You are at the mercy of the stretch guys shooting night. He makes em you lose he misses you win. Too many bigs(and wings who play it for mismatches) don’t miss these days for the regular season effective style to translate.

They should still win the series with Luka hurt but really….they will always have a hill to climb vs modern offense long as they rely on Rudy to eliminate the paint as if teams can’t beat you without the paint these days. Modern skill sets just make it foolish to build a defense around that. You can’t count on enough off shooting nights by the opponent.

You could replace him with a worse defender who would just stick to his man and try to win a shootout while giving up less open threes or hope for a bad shooting night to save you.

I don’t know that either option should be expected to work 16 times in the playoffs.

They try to feed every drive attempt to Gobert the whole year like the bad defensive guards did on the late 90s Heat with Mourning only unlike the late 90s….70% of the bigs can shoot 3s now. Makes it all quite simple.

He has to stay out of the lane or give up layups his team isn’t used to having to prevent because in the regular season teams are more prone to play their base offense instead of game planning specifically to one matchup because it matters more. A team that has to play the Jazz for 2 weeks will play to beat the Jazz not the usual daily offense.

That “Funnel everyone to the shot blocker” shit doesn’t work in 2022 when a team gets serious about poking holes into it. You are at the mercy of the stretch guys shooting night. He makes em you lose he misses you win. Too many bigs(and wings who play it for mismatches) don’t miss these days for the regular season effective style to translate.

They should still win the series with Luka hurt but really….they will always have a hill to climb vs modern offense long as they rely on Rudy to eliminate the paint as if teams can’t beat you without the paint these days. Modern skill sets just make it foolish to build a defense around that. You can’t count on enough off shooting nights by the opponent.

You could replace him with a worse defender who would just stick to his man and try to win a shootout while giving up less open threes or hope for a bad shooting night to save you.

I don’t know that either option should be expected to work 16 times in the playoffs.

gobert needs a better team around him to win a championship like anybody else

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2022, 10:49 AM

You think Gobert is the best player on the Jazz?

there are different ways of looking at it

most would say bill russell was the best player on the celtics

Kblaze8855
04-19-2022, 12:45 PM

That team is incredibly talented. 1998 “Send em to the big” defense just doesn’t work vs modern playoff teams. Not when you also take physical play out of the game and make people move their feet. They are more playoff exploitable than they would be with a worse impact stats defender who could play the entire floor and do more than this with the ball:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FeistyChillyHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

They have talent enough to win but it absolutely wouldn’t be because of him. The guards would have to go lights out.

It really has nothing to do with him. His entire type is limited vs a team with 5 shooters. Mutombo wouldn’t do any better and nobody questions his greatness. But their kind of greatness requires too much else to be perfect vs modern teams.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2022, 12:54 PM

Bill Russell could run plays from five positions got as high as forth in the NBA in assists and actually led a title team or two in scoring in the playoffs. Rudy is not Bill Russell. Russell was like a Noah/Draymond hybrid with overwhelming athletic ability on top of it. Rudy isn’t making plays and isn’t likely to lead any team that wins in scoring.

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 12:59 PM
Credit Jason Kidd for finding the one lineup that Dallas has that could score on Utah with Kleber at C, and riding it to victory tonight. They went Kleber at C for 32 mins tonight.:biggums::biggums:
:biggums:

Gobert was still on the floor. These are some of the things you get from actually watching games instead of just resorting to trolling

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:00 PM

someone on ISH that gets it :applause:

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:01 PM
The man is playing with some of the dumbest defenders in the league and has them as a top defense in the league :oldlol: it’s laughable he didn’t get dpoy.

Bridges is surround by high iq defenders
Smart is surrounded by high iq defenders
Jaren Jackson is surrounded by high iq defenders
Giannis is surround by high iq defenders
Bam is surrounded by high iq defenders
Dray… I take my hat off to em…
Who else was in the running this year???? Uhhhh

Dpoy (all the awards)is a joke. If you haven’t played the game at a nba level you shouldn’t be able to vote on these awards… fans have way to big of an effect on ppl’s career accomplishments. Toody winning dpoy like 7 years straight, would have a huge positive effect on his all time rank and I’m not a toody stan but facts are facts…. I clown the bumbling oof just as much as the next man. But he is the best defender in the league hands fking down!

Edit him and dray

HE IS PLAYING WITH 2 6’1 guards, a euro, a 6’4 pf, and jordan Clarkson as his fking 6 man!!! What don’t u pieces of crap get about that…. Do you not understand how hard that is it to win with???? To have that garbage as a top defense every single year????

This is legendary shit!

truth

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:03 PM

exactly why he doesn't He guards the perimeter it becomes a layup line. Gay at the 4 was supposed to help! Juancho was but now he's barely getting minutes too

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:05 PM
crowder has been better in phoenix than he was in utah

rubio and ingles were hardly don buse and bobby jones

the matador Ricky Rubio! :roll:

He was awful. He played behind his man and gambled for steals. They've missed Crowder's toughness which House has gave them some. They haven't missed all the missed 3's

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:05 PM
Defensively, he gets burned the majority of the time because he’s covering for his teammates. Hrs gotten destroyed by scrubs a few too many times, but he’s still an elite defender.

Mitchell plays zero defense and is a black hole as a point guard on offense. He’s more of an issue than Gobert

trolls hate facts

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:07 PM
Gobert is done winning this award after being played off the court last post season vs the clippers.

This false playoff narrative certainly cost him. The fact that Smart one it and he's not even top 15 is a joke though

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:09 PM

imagine that in a team sport

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:10 PM

never been a question about that. When he doesn't play they are one of the worst teams in the league. With him you will compete every night

Manny98
04-19-2022, 01:15 PM

Mitchell
Conley
Bogdan
Clarkson
Royce
Whiteside

He has quality players around him no excuses to losing to a Dallas team missing Luka and THJ

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 01:36 PM
he really used Clarkson and Whiteside :roll:

Manny98
04-19-2022, 01:39 PM
he really used Clarkson and Whiteside :roll:
Clarkson has been a top bench scorer in the entire league

Whiteside has had the best on/off on the Jazz this year and has been the best backup center in the entire NBA :applause:

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 02:11 PM
Clarkson has been a top bench scorer in the entire league

Whiteside has had the best on/off on the Jazz this year and has been the best backup center in the entire NBA :applause:

Clarkson shot a career low 42 %/32% 3PT while Whiteside got passed by a 2nd year unproven prospect in the lineup. Would take a troll to appreciate those guys

Kblaze8855
04-19-2022, 02:23 PM
Clarkson shot a career low 42 %/32% 3PT while Whiteside got passed by a 2nd year unproven prospect in the lineup. Would take a troll to appreciate those guys

Just saying the word “troll” doesn’t make you right. A lot of people appreciate those players despite your personal thing against virtually everyone on the team other than Rudy. And most of those people have never heard of ish.

The Jazz have a talented team. I don’t know that I’ve heard anyone anywhere dispute it.

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 02:27 PM
Just saying the word “troll” doesn’t make you right. A lot of people appreciate those players despite your personal thing against virtually everyone on the team other than Rudy. And most of those people have never heard of ish.

The Jazz have a talented team. I don’t know that I’ve heard anyone anywhere dispute it.

I don't have something against everyone. That would be the reason why I said Clarkson and Whiteside and not anyone else

90sgoat
04-19-2022, 03:08 PM

Euro.

Not dark enough.

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2022, 03:11 PM
Euro.

Not dark enough.

seems to do more with lack of scoring and triple doubles.

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2022, 04:09 PM

I‘ll ask again,

do you think Hovert is the best player on the Jazz?

That team is incredibly talented. 1998 “Send em to the big” defense just doesn’t work vs modern playoff teams. Not when you also take physical play out of the game and make people move their feet. They are more playoff exploitable than they would be with a worse impact stats defender who could play the entire floor and do more than this with the ball:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FeistyChillyHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

They have talent enough to win but it absolutely wouldn’t be because of him. The guards would have to go lights out.

It really has nothing to do with him. His entire type is limited vs a team with 5 shooters. Mutombo wouldn’t do any better and nobody questions his greatness. But their kind of greatness requires too much else to be perfect vs modern teams.

i always saw mitchell as fools gold when it comes to winning a championship

the fact that he hasn't made an all nba team would indicate my intuition isn't completely off base

conley was an injury replacement all star one year and all defense 2nd team like a decade ago

gobert should make the hall of fame if he retired today

Bill Russell could run plays from five positions got as high as forth in the NBA in assists and actually led a title team or two in scoring in the playoffs. Rudy is not Bill Russell. Russell was like a Noah/Draymond hybrid with overwhelming athletic ability on top of it. Rudy isn’t making plays and isn’t likely to lead any team that wins in scoring.

it's as clear russell was the better passer as it's clear gobert is more efficient

peak russell in the regular season was a roughly equal scorer to gobert relative to league ranking and how many teams were in the league

both slightly increased their scoring in the playoffs throughout their careers

russell was on average the 3rd-4th scorer in the playoffs during years he won championships so not too dissimilar to gobert's typical team rank

russell obviously had more help than gobert

the fact that we are even having this conversation is somewhat amusing considering how much disrespect gobert gets

I‘ll ask again,

do you think Hovert is the best player on the Jazz?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SmartGleamingCutworm-size_restricted.gif