PDA

View Full Version : I largely agree but I’m surprised they both acknowledged it.

Kblaze8855
04-20-2022, 02:06 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2204202335090299.jpeg

Kblaze8855
04-20-2022, 02:06 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2204202335340314.jpeg

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2022, 02:20 PM
What Wade and Bron are thinking:

“...Which pair has a higher IQ tho?”

HylianNightmare
04-20-2022, 02:24 PM
Need to see those skills translate to some wins

j3lademaster
04-20-2022, 02:27 PM
In terms of basketball skill? Hands down. The only 2 I put above Kyrie skill-wise are Curry and Kobe. And KD's skills are head and shoulders above anyone hovering 7 ft, ever.

Real Men Wear Green
04-20-2022, 02:31 PM
It's a comment on skill not how good they are as players. Offing is more skilled than Jordan. Size and athleticism matter.

Kblaze8855
04-20-2022, 02:32 PM
Kobe’s an interesting comparison but so much of his advantage over Kyrie is size. Kyrie is a better ball handler and shooter and is as ridiculous a finisher as anyone near his size has ever been. And he had such a refined skill set. Kyrie has footwork around the basket that is highlight reel worthy itself.

Im not sure anyone ever was better than Kyrie at things you can just learn. Nash and Curry on the same tier but flat better skills wise?

I don’t know who beats him.

Kblaze8855
04-20-2022, 02:34 PM
It's a comment on skill not how good they are as players. Offing is more skilled than Jordan. Size and athleticism matter.

That made me think of a Pokémon and I’m just posting this to see if it happened to anyone else. I saw way too much of that show baby sitting.

j3lademaster
04-20-2022, 02:49 PM
Kobe’s an interesting comparison but so much of his advantage over Kyrie is size. Kyrie is a better ball handler and shooter and is as ridiculous a finisher as anyone near his size has ever been. And he had such a refined skill set. Kyrie has footwork around the basket that is highlight reel worthy itself.

Im not sure anyone ever was better than Kyrie at things you can just learn. Nash and Curry on the same tier but flat better skills wise?

I don’t know who beats him.Kobe's ability to get shots off with his left hand is absolutely insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFcOfY0MEM

Here's Kyrie and Lebron trying to shoot left handed in practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqOrPPnJE8

And we all know practice situations are nothing compared to the real thing. It's why Dwight Howard can top ft % in Laker's practices back in the day. I've seen other guys do what Kyrie does to a degree. Guys like Kemba, Ja, Trae... if we wanna go old school(okay, old school for me) AI, hell even Jamal Tinsley. I can't recall someone shooting a postup fadeaway with their offhand. And I guess there-in lies the 'debate'. Is the skill harder just because it's more rare? Probably, but not necessarily. But Kobe can get closer to doing the things Kyrie does than vice versa. I have a similar reasoning for Curry, he can emulate what Kyrie does best better than Kyrie can emulate his offball movement. The finishing, the handles: Curry has those. Not on Kyrie's level, sure, but I think Curry's shooting over Kyrie(who's also a marksman) makes up for it in a comparison. Then compare their offball movement and Curry really does build a gap there.

John_Connor
04-20-2022, 02:55 PM

I don’t know who beats him.

kyrie can't shoot like he does right handed with his left hand. kobe could. and half of a guys skill is on the defensive end. which kyrie has zero skills for and kobes an all time great defender at his position.

kobe also had playmaking skills (not like lebron obviously. but very good at creating for shaq, gasol and role players) .. kyrie is like a black hole and looks to score every time he gets the ball. Kobe played facilitator most of the 1st quarters and waited till the offense needed him

kobes also more skilled at hitting shots under extremely tough defense. he had back down post moves. kyrie had none of these things. but yes he has a better handle, open three and layups

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2022, 02:56 PM
Kobe's ability to get shots off with his left hand is absolutely insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFcOfY0MEM

Here's Kyrie and Lebron trying to shoot left handed in practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqOrPPnJE8

And we all know practice situations are nothing compared to the real thing. It's why Dwight Howard can top ft % in Laker's practices back in the day. I've seen other guys do what Kyrie does to a degree. Guys like Kemba, Ja, Trae... if we wanna go old school(okay, old school for me) AI, hell even Jamal Tinsley. I can't recall someone shooting a postup fadeaway with their offhand. And I guess there-in lies the 'debate'. Is the skill harder just because it's more rare? Probably, but not necessarily. But Kobe can get closer to doing the things Kyrie does than vice versa. I have a similar reasoning for Curry, he can emulate what Kyrie does best better than Kyrie can emulate his offball movement. The finishing, the handles: Curry has those. Not on Kyrie's level, sure, but I think Curry's shooting over Kyrie(who's also a marksman) makes up for it in a comparison. Then compare their offball movement and Curry really does build a gap there.

So you post a video of Kobe shooting with his left hand 10 times then lie about players being able to emulate what Kyrie does. Ok.

Curry isn't remotely close to Kyrie when it comes to handles, footwork, or finishing. Not close.

ralph_i_el
04-20-2022, 03:35 PM
In the same way that nobody would question saying that KD and Kyrie don't touch D Wade and LeBron athletically.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-20-2022, 04:42 PM
whats he going to say next the sky is blue and water is wet?

if he said better players i would of been impressed

Bankaii
04-20-2022, 04:49 PM
That made me think of a Pokémon and I’m just posting this to see if it happened to anyone else. I saw way too much of that show baby sitting.
Probably because there’s one calling Coffing or something like that.
It took me a good bit of time to figure out he meant Irving.

Real Men Wear Green
04-20-2022, 06:58 PM
Probably because there’s one calling Coffing or something like that.
It took me a good bit of time to figure out he meant Irving.
I admit that I was a better poster before swype. Kblaze will not admit that he loves Pokémon.

Kblaze8855
04-20-2022, 07:10 PM
I’m good with swipe but talk to text kicks my ass.

And I don’t think I’ve absorbed any Pokémon content other than what I saw watching kids in what I assume was the late 90s. Maybe later though. Was that first series on in the 2000s?

And let me take the above back…I forgot I had Pokémon go downloaded at one point and caught something a couple times to see what the craze was about.

StrongLurk
04-21-2022, 09:50 AM
OP, maybe you have missed the cultural change in the NBA over the last few years...but 99% of NBA player interactions on social media are players simply BOOSTING other players. You'll pretty much find zero criticism, and a BUNCH of fake boosting/praise. I don't even have twitter or most social media, and I still manage to see players ONLY praising others. I guess it's the whole NBA brotherhood thing and it probably helps players make more money too. But it's large fake. That's why you see Lebron agreeing with Dwade on social media even though you know Lebron doesn't really mean it...he's just going with the current culture.

Sulico
04-21-2022, 02:58 PM
I strongly disagree.

KD played with Steph Curry not that long ago, there's more skilled duo right there.