PDA

View Full Version : A 6'6" guy was unstoppable doing this.. Why can't a 7-footer do it?

3ba11
04-20-2022, 11:55 PM
https://c.tenor.com/mM2tuF7DC-wAAAAC/michael-jordan-fadeaway.gif

It's clear as day that KD doesn't have the explosiveness anymore to dominate with a live dribble against physical, playoff defense.. So why not go to the post and make everyone better, while being able to play off Kyrie more?

Did you know that one of Magic & Kareem's favorite plays was Kareem setting a screen on a POSTING MAGIC - they did a screen-roll from the damn post and Kareem would normally get a dunk.. It's called sophisticated basketball and brand of ball.. Or how about the shit that the Warriors run?.. Why can't they copy that?

Why can't they move the ball and get high assists?.. How hard is it to find Kyrie and KD at the END of shot clocks instead of the predictable beginning? And why the f*ck are Kyrie and KD bringing the ball up? Why waste your best players' energy with a role player task that Derek Fisher or Paxson can do? Why is Nash a bum coach?

How did Nash get this job? Was it because he's white?.. Is that why? .. No seriously - he's the worst coach in the league BY FAR and I'm trying to figure out how he got the job.... What coaching chops did he have? On what planet did he demonstrate a coaching vision for this team?.. This team should be a DYNASTY and Nash is about to get destroyed in the 1st Round.

1987_Lakers
04-20-2022, 11:59 PM
OP having a meltdown

3ba11
04-21-2022, 12:01 AM
OP having a meltdown

A fake one but sure.. I'm melting down over the ineptness of Nash

The players' first instinct of Nash was right - the Nets don't have a coach.. Kyrie is the coach.. Maybe Bruce Brown

RRR3
04-21-2022, 12:01 AM
Durant is better than MJ, MJ would be a glorified Caris LeVert today

BarberSchool
04-21-2022, 12:09 AM
And this nicca calling other people’s takes brain dead ? LMMFAO.

Sit down son. And STFU.

Zeppelin
04-21-2022, 12:13 AM
OP has some extreme views but he's right on this. It makes no sense to have KD dribbling the ball at the top of the key with 20 on the shot clock. He is not a great playmaker, it ends up with 8 seconds wasted and an ineffectual pass that just resets the position. He has shot very poorly but they need to find him some positions where they cannot double him without paying a heavy price. If he's dribbling around the three-point line, the double is essentially free: unlike Steph, KD will not dribble past you, nor does he have the off-ball movement to regain the ball in a good position. They need to let him shoot turnaround jumpers over his defender, and eventually, the shots will start falling. Once they do, the Celtics cannot double without leaving multiple weaknesses on the perimeter.

RRR3
And this nicca calling other people’s takes brain dead ? LMMFAO.

Sit down son. And STFU.
It's called trolling 3ball, sorry it wasn't obvious enough for you.

3ba11

You don't realize that no one played like MJ

No one could get 50 on turnarounds or elevate on jumpers like MJ, or finish over length like MJ.. No one had hang-time like Michael - it isn't remotely close - he's the greatest shot-maker BY FAR..

Can you imagine KD or Booker doing the switch hands shot or about a million other shots he took?..... Lololol... They aren't even CLOSE to that kind of ability.

When MJ enters traffic and rises up - no one is remotely close - everyone does baby stuff compared to the alien shit MJ did

Tbh, you need to be extremely observant and have a good understanding of what constitutes "good" to see how far superior MJ was... He was like 10 Devin Bookers - aka Booker doesn't compare and is so vastly inferior that it's hard to describe.. and i LOVE booker and kobe.

MJ's skill was so great that once he learned how to win, his shot attempts would be like hop-scotch - he would wait for the right time to score when his teammates needed it and it would usually be a super-quick strike - in and out like hop-scotch - like a perfect 10 on the dive with no water movement, aka no disruption of chemistry

Wally450
04-21-2022, 12:14 AM
Because he doesn’t have his Scottie Pippen to back him up.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 12:19 AM
You don't realize that no one played like MJ

No one could get 50 on turnarounds or elevate on jumpers like MJ, or finish over length like MJ.. No one had hang-time like Michael - it isn't remotely close - he's the greatest shot-maker BY FAR..

Can you imagine KD or Booker doing the switch hands shot or about a million other shots he took?..... Lololol... They aren't even CLOSE to that kind of ability.

It wouldn't make sense for KD to shoot turnaround jumpers constantly, he has a 7′ 5″ wingspan and has the ability to shoot over players without much contest. You don't know ball.

3ba11
04-21-2022, 12:19 AM

KD has an equal-scoring partner, so he doesn't face maximum defensive attention like MJ, who always had to carry the scoring load..

This is unique to MJ - everyone else in history needed juggernaut scoring help to win multiple chips including all-time elite scorers at sidekick.. Only MJ lacked a go-to teammate for his entire career..

So you can pretend that scoring help doesn't matter, but everyone in history needed a ton of it except MJ

imdaman99
04-21-2022, 12:21 AM
Looks like Derozan was MJ tonight

RRR3
04-21-2022, 12:22 AM
KD has an equal-scoring partner, so he doesn't face maximum defensive attention like MJ, who always had to carry the scoring load..

This is unique to MJ - everyone else in history needed juggernaut scoring help to win multiple chips including all-time elite scorers at sidekick.. Only MJ lacked a go-to teammate for his entire career..

So you can pretend that scoring help doesn't matter, but everyone in history needed a ton of it except MJ
No he doesn't, stop lying.

Wally450
04-21-2022, 12:23 AM

Didn’t read lol.

Scottie Pippen >>>>

Zeppelin
04-21-2022, 12:27 AM
No he doesn't, stop lying.

Once he lost his equal scoring partner, he appears to have stopped winning as well.

3ba11
04-21-2022, 12:28 AM
It wouldn't make sense for KD to shoot turnaround jumpers constantly, he has a 7′ 5″ wingspan and had the ability to shoot over players without much contest. You don't know ball.

I can tell you never made a team in your life, let alone D1 or smashing on McDonald's All-Americans or still dunking at 45

And I was a professional analyst, so when you combine professional analytical ability with REAL EXPERIENCE being good at basketball, you get one-of-a-kind knowledge and understanding of basketball and the way it should be played on a team level and individually.

Ultimately, KD can't shoot over anyone because he can't create space with a live dribble - his explosion and athleticism has declined at 33 years old, so he needs to go to the post like any sweet-shooting 7-footer should

Btw, MJ had goat elevation on his jumper, so he was getting up higher on his shot then Durant, yet MJ still shot turnarounds because they're impossible to guard - you have to just hope the guy misses because turnarounds are the toughest shot in the game.. In previous eras, EVERYONE had a polished turnaround... Nowadays, no one does, so they embarrass themselves in series losses by out-dribbling the other team lol

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 12:30 AM
And I was a professional analyst,

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?487615-Prediction-people-will-be-saying-Oubre-gt-Klay-at-times-this-next-season

:roll:

3ba11
04-21-2022, 12:33 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?487615-Prediction-people-will-be-saying-Oubre-gt-Klay-at-times-this-next-season

A troll

It was pretty funny how defensive and excited you all got because I'd thrown something out there that you could be right about.

It's like MJ taking a break so everyone could catch up a little

Yes - I think I'm the MJ of this board - I've forgotten more about basketball than you guys will ever know

I literally feel like a genuis when I point out something in the historical record and you guys say I'm crazy - it's an entire dimension of understanding that y'all don't have

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 12:39 AM
A troll

It was pretty funny how defensive and excited you all got because I'd thrown something out there that you could be right about.

It's like MJ taking a break so everyone could catch up a little

Yes - I think I'm the MJ of this board - I've forgotten more about basketball than you guys will ever know

I literally feel like a genuis when I point out something in the historical record and you guys say I'm crazy - it's an entire dimension of understanding that y'all don't have

Both AD and Kareem needed super-point guards like Oscar, Magic, and now Lebron to find synergies and have a great team.

Without these guys bird-feeding them, they're losers.

I mentioned last year that AD's teams are only as good as the guys getting him the ball, which explains his weak teams in previous years (I like Jrue Holiday, but there's a lot of teams with ballhandlers that compare or exceed him, hence AD's underwhelming teams in previous years)

But now AD has his Magic; he has his Oscar, just like Kareem did..

3ba11
04-21-2022, 12:42 AM

What's wrong with that?

Bird-feeders are just as bad as the bird-fed

You need a combination of BOTH (aka Kawhi, MJ, Kobe, Bird, etc.... elite production capability on-ball and off-ball.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 12:44 AM
It's time to admit the 16' Warriors weren't that good & simply had strategy because..

Klay doesn't turn this borderline playoff team into a 73-win team, so it was just the strategy edge that the league caught up to.

The 16' Warriors style is now the league standard

So Curry is just a 3-point shooter that benefits from the format and the 16' Warriors weren't that good - they just had a short-lived strategy edge and needed KD to actually win

Btw, don't pretend the other pieces like Harrison Barnes were the difference.. system bums like Dray and other role players thrived under the new strategy advantage but now look bummy without the strategy edge

RRR3
04-21-2022, 12:48 AM
Once he lost his equal scoring partner, he appears to have stopped winning as well.
I mean do you really think Kevin Durant is incapable of winning a ring as the best player on a team? I promise you he’s not even if it never happens.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-21-2022, 12:58 AM
OP may have a point

Udoka has like 15 years of assistant coaching experience. He's looking like the Phil jackson of celtics

Round Mound
04-21-2022, 01:51 AM
Jordan wasn't 6´6 ft he was closer to 6'4 3/ft. But body wise he was the strongest guard ever. Nobody still today has the elite athletic capacity, power and skill mixed into one. Durant is around 7´0 ft but thin like tooth pic. He doesn´t really need post game cause of his height and length. Back then he would have been challenged physically. A.D is simillar but play's center and his lower center of gravity is like Durant's and him playing center its obvious there is more contact. That is why he gets injured easily. Back in Jordan's time it was a physicall battle aswell (that's why the top post up players where really skilled). Now its a shooters game.

3ba11
04-21-2022, 02:19 AM

I've conceded before that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong. I have Curry top 5.. Amazing how you can be so wrong about some things and look at it the wrong way. The screen name is 3ball because I hate it. Yet Curry is top 5 for me because the 3-point libe isn't going anywhere so Curry will be rightfully recognized 25 years from now as the spearheader

3ba11
04-21-2022, 02:20 AM
OP may have a point

Udoka has like 15 years of assistant coaching experience. He's looking like the Phil jackson of celtics

Ouch

Let's see if Tatum 3-peats

jk

SATAN
04-21-2022, 07:17 AM
https://c.tenor.com/mM2tuF7DC-wAAAAC/michael-jordan-fadeaway.gif

Kevin tried to do that with time running out in 4th quarter last playoffs (although from the 3point line and heavily contested, ultimately very low IQ bball) and threw up an airball. Pretty sure he was scoreless in the second half. My memory is a little foggy though, perhaps Manny can chime in?

Anyway, he's not a guy I would ever compare to MJ. Not even close to #2.

8Ball
04-21-2022, 08:01 AM

Ben Simmons will come and make things right for them. Aka Scottie Pippen.

8Ball
04-21-2022, 08:02 AM
I've conceded before that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong. I have Curry top 5.. Amazing how you can be so wrong about some things and look at it the wrong way. The screen name is 3ball because I hate it. Yet Curry is top 5 for me because the 3-point libe isn't going anywhere so Curry will be rightfully recognized 25 years from now as the spearheader

Hahahahaahhh

All those anti curry posts and now he is in top 5.

3ball wrong about everything, including every single scottie pippen and bron take, only a matter of time until he admits it.

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2022, 08:25 AM
Why did MJ only make half of his shots, if he was unstoppable doing this, OP?

StrongLurk
04-21-2022, 09:45 AM
Lol it's so funny watching OP with his daily meltdowns. I usually ignore 95% of his posts, but sometimes it's worth reading to have a quick chuckle.

ImKobe
04-21-2022, 09:52 AM

https://youtu.be/5K-qGWkiKvQ

A reminder that Jordan faced these types of defenses in a regular basis in his Playoff career with way less scoring help and was still MJ regardless.

It didn't matter because Jordan's the GOAT mid-range scorer, something a Caris LeVert could only dream of being. I thought you were better than this.

https://youtu.be/2Rl6nMuB-o0

8Ball
04-21-2022, 09:54 AM

Curry is top 5 yet was the most overrated player in history?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

He relies on today's high-screen, drive-and-kick strategy.

This strategy allows 3-point shooters to stand and wait for kickouts, thus adding to the attempts they get off-the-dribble or off screens - if Curry had to run off screens with a defender stuck to him like Reggie Miller had to do, he would barely get off 5 theees a game..

Curry actually took 5 threes a game for 3 straight years and was a 19 ppg scorer, but then the league strategy became the aforementioned 3-point contest, which allowed Curry's production to reach elite levels.

Ultimately, he's just a 3-point shooter, so he's 1-dimensional.

Johnny32
04-21-2022, 09:56 AM
kd isn't being guarded 1v1 by an unathletic dino with a 2 inch vertical.

3ba11
04-22-2022, 11:17 AM
Kevin tried to do that with time running out in 4th quarter last playoffs (although from the 3point line and heavily contested, ultimately very low IQ bball) and threw up an airball. Pretty sure he was scoreless in the second half. My memory is a little foggy though, perhaps Manny can chime in?

Anyway, he's not a guy I would ever compare to MJ. Not even close to #2.

I thought KD was 6'10" and could shoot over anyone?..

so that was a lie because he's getting his shot blocked regularly..

Apparently, strength and elevation on a jumper matter more than sheer height.

The reality is that you have to set up a turnaround jumper, which KD doesn't do (he relies on his height).. Jordan set up the turnaround with MOVES, footwork and physicality.. Durant does none of this on his turnaround

3ba11
04-22-2022, 11:24 AM
Curry is top 5 yet was the most overrated player in history?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

The fact that I came around on Curry after making about 5 posts about him lends credence to the 80k posts about Lebron being a fraud (I never came around)

My opinions on Curry weren't based on facts - they were based on my dislike of the 3ball... Otoh, my takes on Lebron are factual and historical record, like how he underachieved the expectation for his entire career - he failed to win the East with homecourt in 09/10, so he formed super-teams that fell from preseason favorite to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16'), and now he's lottery out West without AD to lead the scoring (better brand).

So Lebron nearly always underachieved the expectation, while Curry almost never did

BarberSchool
04-22-2022, 11:29 AM
kd isn't being guarded 1v1 by an unathletic dino with a 2 inch vertical.How many players in today’s league are MORE ATHLETIC than Dominique Wilkins ? Or MORE ATHLETIC than Shawn Kemp ?

Because slow, no vertical Larry Bird put 53 on prime Dominique Wilkins.

Fat Barkley put 44/24 on prime Kemp, holding Kemp to 14/6, in the WCF game 7.