PDA

View Full Version : Durant is going through his version of the Kobe 2004 finals

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:04 AM
2 man team with 2 other older obsolete former stars ( Aldridge and griffin being malone and GP) and a bunch of trash getting suffocated by the #1 defensive team ( like the 2004 pistons) with insane motivation and hustle. an annoying home court and fans. Durant like kobe dealing with a slowed down body from leg surgery (kobes knee tear in 2003 vs sanantonio and durants Achilles)

https://i.ibb.co/fd125yS/Screenshot-20220421-100316-Gallery.jpg

Durant is still playing like 2003 and 2004 kobe where he just assumed he could still beat anyone off the dribble and just rise up over 3 or 4 guys. he can't anymore. kobe had to change up his game when he lost a step. he didn't even figure it out in 2004/05.. then in 2006 we saw the invention of counter kobe. pump fake kobe. initiate contact kobe. setting picks and sneaking around for a three kobe. pick and pop playmaker kobe. slithering kobe. elbow a n*ga kobe. left hand shot kobe. floater kobe. hook shot kobe. back down rainbow fade kobe. do other things to grind it out kobe. leadership kobe

all things he never relied on before when he was that ultra athlete line drive shooter. Durant needs to adapt or he will fail here on out. if he wants to win without curry like kobe won without Shaq he's also gonna need a guy that compliments him. a scoring point guard with no defense aint it.

but most importantly Durant needs to get in the gym and develop his skills. we always just assumed he was more talented than kobe cause he could rise up at any time and get a shot but now it's getting blocked. now his first step isn't getting by anyone. he's not the same.

ImKobe
04-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Unlike Kobe in the '04 Finals, KD has perimeter scoring to help him out, but doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. In KB's case, he had an aging/fat Shaq and no perimeter scoring around him. As bad as KB's stat line looked, the rest of the team outside of KB (and Shaq) really struggled, and it made Detroit's job a lot easier on an injured Kobe, who had been playing hurt all season.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 10:16 AM
So far, yes. But I doubt KD keeps playing like this for the entire series. Kobe was playing like his 2016 version in 4 of those 5 games, laughably bad.

8Ball
04-21-2022, 10:19 AM
KD and Kyrie would sweep that 2004 Pistons team. Lmfao.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:20 AM
Unlike Kobe in the '04 Finals, KD has perimeter scoring to help him out, but doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. In KB's case, he had an aging/fat Shaq and no perimeter scoring around him. As bad as KB's stat line looked, the rest of the team outside of KB (and Shaq) really struggled, and it made Detroit's job a lot easier on an injured Kobe, who had been playing hurt all season.

durant is kind of a basic player. I loved him like I loved 2001 to 2003 kobe. but you realize they're kinda raw when their athleticism slips. Kobe became a genius at creating shots and getting to the free throw line. then he even added an elite playmaking ability and leadership quality. people (even kobe) think his best version was 2003 but it's simply not true. he was able to do legit vince Carter windmill dunks and could basically do a baseline reverse dunk over anyone even half the wolves roster including defensive legend Kevin garnett. nobody could stay in front of him. it was easy for him. then when he slowed down from surgeries he became an even more lethal scorer and player overall cause he still had enough athleticism to get by a guy with the right footwork and jab steps/pump fakes and other tricks. and if a guy still stayed in front of him he would pump fake. get you in the air and elbow your ribs. that made some guys stop doing that and just put a hand in his face. but that defense never worked. so then guys would try and break kobes nose like wade or choke slam him like raja bell. fight him like artest. or fake throw a ball at him like Barnes. Kobe got in guys heads. Durant needs to learn all these tricks if he wants to stay elite

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:22 AM

surprise surprise. posting right after your schizo alternate ego again I see. next up is Westbrook fan

https://i.ibb.co/HxDPTDp/Mac-Avoy-Split1-0.jpg

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2022, 10:22 AM
What I really don’t get about Kobe’s ‘04 Finals is what happened to his rebounding. In series he shot like shit he managed to grab 7-8 boards a game. In the ‘04 Finals he averaged less than 3 rebounds playing 46 minutes a night, including 6 total over the 3 games in Detroit.I don’t care if you’re the shortest guy on the floor, I don’t know how it’s physically possible to play 45-46 minutes a game and barely grab 3 rebounds.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 10:25 AM
Kobe got in guys heads. Durant needs to learn all these tricks if he wants to stay elite

He's actually learning from him as we speak, becoming an inefficient chucker.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:27 AM
What I really don’t get about Kobe’s ‘04 Finals is what happened to his rebounding. In series he shot like shit he managed to grab 7-8 boards a game. In the ‘04 Finals he averaged less than 3 rebounds playing 46 minutes a night, including 6 total over the 3 games in Detroit.I don’t care if you’re the shortest guy on the floor, I don’t know how it’s physically possible to play 45-46 minutes a game and barely grab 3 rebounds.

like I said. he wasn't the same athlete. he couldn't really dunk well again till 2005

plus Ben and shaq under the net.. but kobe was injured all year and came off 2 major surgeries that caused that Colorado incident

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:28 AM
He's actually learning from him as we speak, becoming an inefficient chucker.

you're so hurt lmao.. take some xanax

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:32 AM
https://voca.ro/1eQEuStYkCMv

:roll:

8Ball
04-21-2022, 10:34 AM
Kobe forget what worked for 3 finals in a row, dump the ball to shaq.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 10:49 AM
Kobe forget what worked for 3 finals in a row, dump the ball to shaq.

the finals in 2000 was vs Portland in which kobe saved shaq in game 7

the finals in 2001 was vs sanantonio where kobe carried shaq all series

and in 2002 after kobe carried shaq past the spurs again he was intentionally poisoned in Sacramento and still finished the series on his death bed and had key plays in that series as well. especially in the controversial game 6 sinking 11 of 11 free throws in a 4 point win with 31/11/5

without kobe shaq wins zero in LA.. you can't just play teams like new jersey and philly all playoffs

now get back on topic or pop a xanax

Westbrook_Fan
04-21-2022, 10:55 AM
the finals in 2000 was vs Portland in which kobe saved shaq in game 7

the finals in 2001 was vs sanantonio where kobe carried shaq all series

and in 2002 after kobe carried shaq past the spurs again he was intentionally poisoned in Sacramento and still finished the series on his death bed and had key plays in that series as well. especially in the controversial game 6 sinking 11 of 11 free throws in a 4 point win with 31/11/5

without kobe shaq wins zero in LA.. you can't just play teams like new jersey and philly all playoffs

now get back on topic or pop a xanax

Lol is that you in your dp?

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2022, 11:16 AM
Curry, Dragic, Mills, Brown, Drummond is a bunch of trash, huh?

Interesting

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2022, 11:36 AM

Interesting
Curry, Dragic & Brown put up nearly 60 yesterday.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 11:54 AM

Interesting

Curry sucks other than shooting wide open threes. no defense

dragic is washed

mills is washed

brown?

drammond is washed

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 11:55 AM
Curry, Dragic & Brown put up nearly 60 yesterday.

and collectively gave up 71 on defense ( -11 combined )

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 01:27 PM
and collectively gave up 71 on defense ( -11 combined )

-11 because Durant turned into Kobe.

jayfan
04-21-2022, 01:35 PM

'Da f*** outta here.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 02:18 PM
-11 because Durant turned into Kobe.

yeah injured less athleticism kobe. now durant has to get in the gym to make up for his mediocre speed and vertical. Kobe had every move perfected. Durant doesn't. if he was as heavy as lebron he could just bully people but not everyone's on steroids

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 02:28 PM
yeah injured less athleticism kobe. now durant has to get in the gym to make up for his mediocre speed and vertical. Kobe had every move perfected. Durant doesn't.

Despite this, KD still has like 2 Finals performances that were better than Kobe's best.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2022, 02:35 PM

lol

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 02:37 PM
Despite this, KD still has like 2 Finals performances that were better than Kobe's best.

because he was on a super team with almost zero pressure in an era with zero physicality at his absolute peak

those conditions were pretty nice. would be like kobe in 2006 or 2007 on the spurs and the league instituting a freedom of movement rule

tony Parker owned lebron in the finals. imagine what kobe woulda done

but durant before the Achilles injury is in my top 3 all time in terms of scoring ability and he's your mortal enemy outside of kobe so go ahead and hype him up if you want. just like you did with MJ to discredit kobe a week ago

we all know who you fear the most

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 02:43 PM
Steve wheels aka 1987lakers aka Westbrookfan aka 8ball literally every day

https://voca.ro/1aVPeG3uRduj

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-21-2022, 02:50 PM
Kobe was drafted onto a loser team and helped establish them into a champion.

Durant lost to the two time defending west champs and joined them.

Just different paths I think. Kobe was actually respected, his ego just couldn't handle 0/4 in finals mvps I guess

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 03:04 PM
because he was on a super team with almost zero pressure in an era with zero physicality at his absolute peak

Kobe was playing with a top 5 player ever peak wise and shot 37%, 42%, & 38% in 3 of the 4 Finals he played with him.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:10 PM
Kobe was playing with a top 5 player ever peak wise and shot 37%, 42%, & 38% in 3 of the 4 Finals he played with him.

kobe wasn't a three point shooter during their 3 peat. that was the only easy looks he got people. Shaq rarely ever got kobe an open look. he had to create for himself. players could sag off of everyone else while the warriors had a hoard of shooters taking the pressure off of durant on the perimeter

every time kobe put the ball on the floor he was facing tough REAL physical defense from a real era.

I already owned you on this with that thread where I listed every players fg% since the 96 bulls in the finals

btw why did you delete that

8Ball
04-21-2022, 03:13 PM
2004 Finals:

Kobe:

https://i.ibb.co/NnfCV8M/Screen-Shot-2022-04-21-at-3-11-50-PM.png

Shaq:

https://i.ibb.co/q7qNNqH/Screen-Shot-2022-04-21-at-3-10-40-PM.png

Kobe threw game 1 and 4 easily chucking like a retard while Shaq was destroying.

Greatest sabotage in NBA history. Travesty. My man Shaq should have 5 rings and 4 FMVP.

Nearly 20 years later I haven't forgotten that travesty.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 03:15 PM
kobe wasn't a three point shooter during their 3 peat.

Kobe was never a 3 point shooter in general. Durant's size and shooting ability from 3 makes him a superior scorer than Cuckbe.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:15 PM
2004 Finals:

Kobe:

https://i.ibb.co/NnfCV8M/Screen-Shot-2022-04-21-at-3-11-50-PM.png

Shaq:

https://i.ibb.co/q7qNNqH/Screen-Shot-2022-04-21-at-3-10-40-PM.png

I already undercut you by acknowledging kobes injured finals. you're trying to derail a thread with information that's from the very first post. low IQ

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 03:17 PM
I already undercut you by acknowledging kobes injured finals. you're trying to derail a thread with information that's from the very first post. low IQ

If he was injured, he should have been smart enough to realize Shaq should take the majority of the shots in the '04 Finals. Absolute joke that he took 30 more shots than Shaq.

Low IQ Kobe.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:18 PM
Kobe was never a 3 point shooter in general. Durant's size and shooting ability from 3 makes him a superior scorer than Cuckbe.

kobe was a historically great contested three point shooter. nobody is as good with a hand in his face outside of larry bird. he was automatic wide open as well. oy problem is he shot 90% of his attempts contested at 34% prior to the Achilles injury which is lebrons career percentage while wide open being dared to shoot.

a practice look at that percentage is poor. lebrons never had a defender near him on 90% of his looks because of their fear of him bullying them to the rim with his roid muscles

that's quite pathetic :lol

Westbrook_Fan
04-21-2022, 03:19 PM
kobe was a historically great contested three point shooter. nobody is as good with a hand in his face outside of larry bird. he was automatic wide open as well. oy problem is he shot 90% of his attempts contested at 34% prior to the Achilles injury which is lebrons career percentage while wide open being dared to shoot.

a practice look at that percentage is poor. lebrons never had a defender near him on 90% of his looks because of their fear of him bullying them to the rim with his roid muscles

that's quite pathetic :lol

Whos in your avi

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:20 PM
If he was injured, he should have been smart enough to realize Shaq should take the majority of the shots in the Finals.

Low IQ Kobe.

shaq was already above his average and he's the one that challenged kobe to go for finals mvp by causing their rift saying he couldn't win without him and crying when kobe was on his 40 point streak. we all know shaqs a baby so he sabotaged his own team. he had already undercut 2 of kobes possible finals mvps in the past admittedly coasting all year and coming in out if shape then finally trying in the finals and saying "if you don't feed the dog the dog won't guard the house" so he admitted to not playing defense and sabotaging games that he wasn't leading scorer

ouch

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:20 PM
Whos in your avi

it's me before getting into acting

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 03:21 PM
kobe was a historically great contested three point shooter. nobody is as good with a hand in his face outside of larry bird.

Only retards, not counting Steph shoot contested threes. Other players are smart enough to realize it's not a smart shot so they don't attempt it, Kobe on the other hand goes 5 for 30 shooting a contested 3, but he made 5 of them so "nobody made contested 3s like Kobe".

:lol

8Ball
04-21-2022, 03:23 PM

This is 2004 finals. Kobe wasn't injured.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:25 PM
Only retards, not counting Steph shoot contested threes. Other players are smart enough to realize it's not a smart shot so they don't attempt it, Kobe on the other hand goes 5 for 30 shooting a contested 3, but he made 5 of them so "nobody made contested 3s like Kobe".

as I've said a million times kobes contested threes sucked the air out of the defense and gave his team momentum. basketball is a game of runs and you can't always call timeout. his long contested threes were like timeouts on the road and at home they boosted the crowd. it's why he was always shushing the other teams fans. cause his shits silenced them while lebrons bully ball just incensed other ball clubs and got them more infuriated and energized cause he was getting away with nonsense

completely opposite effects. lebrons the anticlimactic scorer that even prince admitted was insignificant like you don't even notice him on the floor sometimes

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:27 PM
This is 2004 finals. Kobe wasn't injured.

he was coming off injuries all season plus major reconstructive shoulder and knee surgery from the summer and flying to and from LA to Colorado for trial shit. his kid died too and he was going through a possible divorce lol

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 03:29 PM
as I've said a million times kobes contested threes sucked the air out of the defense and gave his team momentum.

No, having Shaq beside him sucked the air out of the defense and gave his team momentum.

Lakers: 25-34 without Shaq from 2000-2004
Lakers: 33-16 without Kobe from 2000-2004

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 03:36 PM
No, having Shaq beside him sucked the air out of the defense and gave his team momentum.

Lakers: 25-34 without Shaq from 2000-2004
Lakers: 33-16 without Kobe from 2000-2004

you literally can't do anything but go through the same things we discussed 500 million times.

a team built around 2 guys with a center and replacing that center with jelani Mccoy/Greg foster or Travis knight is not winning games

now use your "but jordan didn't have a center" response and il come back with the "well he had great defensive power forwards that could guard any center in grant and Rodman plus long wing defenders like harper/pippen and Jordan himself to make up for that.

then go back to your hole for another 48 hours

8Ball
04-21-2022, 03:38 PM
1987_Lakers is probably the most accurate and precise Kobe historian on this message board. He remembers everything I saw with my own eyes.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 03:41 PM
you literally can't do anything but go through the same things we discussed 500 million times.

a team built around 2 guys with a center and replacing that center with jelani Mccoy/Greg foster or Travis knight is not winning games

now use your "but jordan didn't have a center" response and il come back with the "well he had great defensive power forwards that could guard any center in grant and Rodman plus long wing defenders like harper/pippen and Jordan himself to make up for that.

then go back to your hole fir another 48 hours

Kobe was replaced by a 34 year old Brian Shaw averaging 5 ppg in 2001 and we still went 11-3 without Kobe that year.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 04:07 PM
Kobe was replaced by a 34 year old Brian Shaw averaging 5 ppg in 2001 and we still went 11-3 without Kobe that year.

the Lakers had a bunch of solid perimeter players from harper and Rice in 2000 to fisher to fox to Richmond and Isiah rider. Shaw was solid at threes. lue was solid at D on smaller guys. Horry helped space the floor. pretty much everyone was built for the triangle in and out style. when you replace the post player with a guy who's on a way lower tier than even any of those guys it's impossible to utilize most of the team. those other guys need a post player and the triangle to be relevant. Kobe ended up being that high post guy in the triangle later on when he got more muscle but at age 21/22 he was kind of light for it and stayed on the outside attacking while they threw the ball into mccoy/knight/foster and ran guys around him. made no sense. you wouldn't know cause you weren't watching basketball yet

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 04:10 PM
1987_Lakers is probably the most accurate and precise Kobe historian on this message board. He remembers everything I saw with my own eyes.

you're definitely the lebron of ISH.. you like talking yourself up on here lol. btw Steve. just wondering why you failed as a lawyer. too much school?

https://youtu.be/Gd_6b7rpeEI

maybe il call my cousin in LA and ask him to pay a visit to orange county for me

we gotta get you back on track

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 04:15 PM
the Lakers had a bunch of solid perimeter players from harper and Rice in 2000 to fisher to fox to Richmond and Isiah rider. Shaw was solid at threes. lue was solid at D on smaller guys.

Rice & Rider didn't fit with the team, I remember Phil Jackson hating Rice's lack of defense. Rider wasn't even on the playoff roster in 2001

Harper & Shaw were in their mid 30's, they were nothing to brag about. Richmond? Are you kidding me? Dude was bench warmer for us, same for Lue.

Try again.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-21-2022, 04:18 PM
What's funny about the 2004 Lakers is they were supposed to be this dysfunctional mess with Kobe rape case and Shaq\Kobe drama.

Yet, they still easily rolled over duncan's spurs hahahahaha

Kobe would always destroy the swimmer cuck

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 04:24 PM
Rice & Rider didn't fit with the team, I remember Phil Jackson hating Rice's lack of defense. Rider wasn't even on the playoff roster in 2001

Harper & Shaw were in their mid 30's, they were nothing to brag about. Richmond? Are you kidding me? Dude was bench warmer for us, same for Lue.

Try again.

what games did kobe miss in the 2001 playoffs. rider played in absence of kobe during the season. and rice stepped up his scoring with kobe out. harper was a solid defender and shaw hit key threes. the Lakers had a bunch of solid to good players on the perimeter. fox would step up. fisher stepped up. other guys could help keep the Lakers afloat during the regular season. the way the offense was built was specifically engineered for role players. but it wasnt made for bums like Greg foster or jelani Mccoy to anchor it and create out of the post. it was basically like cutting kobes legs from under him when you took away shaq. if you added literally any other big man with even half the amount of talent and passing ability they would have been fine. you literally never watched them so stop talking about it. I was like 15 lol. so you were what? 7 or 8 years old?

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 04:31 PM
rider played in absence of kobe during the season.

You're so uneducated.

Rider got suspended in early March that year and didn't start a single game after that.

Kobe from mid March to April missed 11 games with 5 ppg Shaw replacing him. And in those games we went 8-3.

Imagine that, still a winning team with an ancient Shaw replacing Kobe.

"But, I was 15, you were younger so I remember"

tpols
04-21-2022, 04:41 PM
Do you guys realize the Celtics were supposed to win their home games? The Nets lost game 1 by a miracle hair and were up 15+ in the other. Its not over.

NBAGOAT
04-21-2022, 05:21 PM
Do you guys realize the Celtics were supposed to win their home games? The Nets lost game 1 by a miracle hair and were up 15+ in the other. Its not over.

I wish I could be this confident. It’s not over but teams rarely come back from 2-0(7%). This is opinion but I just think Celtics are clearly the better team too. People don’t realize how impactful their “role players” are defensively after Tatum/brown. All of their guys 1-6 are all-defense caliber. 4 of their players scoring 15+ on average or better efficiency and that seems sustainable

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 05:24 PM
You're so uneducated.

Rider got suspended in early March that year and didn't start a single game after that.

Kobe from mid March to April missed 11 games with 5 ppg Shaw replacing him. And in those games we went 8-3.

Imagine that, still a winning team with an ancient Shaw replacing Kobe.

"But, I was 15, you were younger so I remember"

Shaw averaged 11/7/5 on 46% in the games he started in February and the beginning of March. then averaged 10/5/5 on 45% in games he started at the end of March and into April

other guys stepped up as well. rider averaged 14ppg on 53% in the games he started that year

fisher stepped it up. Horry stepped it up. fox stepped it up. they had a ton of good perimeter players that could pull their own weight

you were a child at the time. stop talking about things that went on while you were watching Dora the explorer

kobe was there to help shaq when he would consistently wet the bed vs the top teams in the playoffs.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 05:52 PM
Shaw averaged 11/7/5 on 46% in the games he started in February and the beginning of March. then averaged 10/5/5 on 45% in games he started at the end of March and into April

10/5/5

RRR3
04-21-2022, 06:02 PM
10/5/5

Supastah numbahs

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 06:21 PM
10/5/5

yeah he stepped up

and so did others like I said

when shaw started for Kobe vs the spurs on February 21st there was 7 players in double figures

then on February 23rd vs the Hawks shaw had 22 points on 67%

then on February 23rd vs the magic shaw had 20 points on 58%

then the next game kobe actually came back so that's probly why Shaws numbers went down. it's hard to go through every game but you can tell that he was a lot better than what you give him credit for

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 06:31 PM
Supastah numbahs

Im Still Ballin
04-21-2022, 06:34 PM
I see your point OP. I'll say this: Durant can't find as many 'ways' to score when he's being shut down as Kobe could. I think it simply comes back to his slender frame. Kobe could fight through the physicality better.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 06:44 PM

I guess you're ignoring my last post. what kind of scrub has back to back games of 20+ with 60 to 70% shooting. let me know if jelani Mccoy ever had a game like that. or Greg foster

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 06:45 PM
I see your point OP. I'll say this: Durant can't find as many 'ways' to score when he's being shut down as Kobe could. I think it simply comes back to his slender frame. Kobe could fight through the physicality better.

I think durant needs to get on whatever steroid plan lebrons on. that might help

8Ball
04-21-2022, 07:03 PM

Even through all the physicality Durant is a better scorer than Kobe, regular season, playoffs, and finals numbers prove that.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:16 PM
Even through all the physicality Durant is a better scorer than Kobe, regular season, playoffs, and finals numbers prove that.

well come on. that was the freedom of movement era. I told you earlier in this thread steve. I posted all the finals percentages since 96 and all the top ones are from the last 10 years. freedom of movement was taken out of the game at the start of the year and a ton of guys struggled that didnt have a ton of muscle. then they pulled it back a bit and everyone dropped 50 one month..and now in this postseason we're seeing some physical defense and it's hurting durant, Trae Young and others.

I tried looking it up go post it again but it won't show up on Google. can you find it for me since you have an administrative account.

the thread title was something like "why kobes finals percentages are normal for his era" or something

I think you deleted my thread with all the 2nd option scoring averages as well

you really are a vengeful little rascal

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:16 PM
I guess you're ignoring my last post. what kind of scrub has back to back games of 20+ with 60 to 70%

A 2 game sample size. Here are more games he started with Kobe out that same year..

11 points - 5 of 13 shooting
8 points - 3 of 11
3 points - 1 of 3
0 points
0 points again
8 points
10 points

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:18 PM
A 2 game sample size. Here are more games he started with Kobe out that same year..

11 points - 5 of 13 shooting
8 points - 3 of 11
3 points - 1 of 3
0 points
0 points again
8 points
10 points

I said other guys stepped up. if you reeeeally want me to go over every box score il do it. bit you're just gonna run away again

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:26 PM
I said other guys stepped up. if you reeeeally want me to go over every box score il do it. bit you're just gonna run away again

It's funny you bring that up, a couple of weeks ago you shit on Morant and made fun of him for his team doing so well without him while ignoring the fact that his teammates Bane, Jackson etc all stepped up their games in Morant's absence, the numbers back it up as well.

But when Kobe's team has a good record without him it's because all of a sudden the Lakers were stacked with amazing depth.

The fact that you tried to hype up old Richmond, Shaw, Lue, & Rider who didn't even make the playoff roster just shows how desperate you are.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:32 PM
alright so December 15th in a blow out win over the grizzlies Greg foster replaced shaq and went 2 for 6 with 4 points and 7 rebounds

on a January 28th loss to the Knicks Greg foster started for shaq and went 1 for 5 with 4 points and 4 rebounds

on January 30th in a win over the cavs Greg foster started for shaq and had 0 points and 0 rebounds. I guess Mark Madsen filled in the rest of the way with 0 points and 10 rebounds on 0 for 2 shooting

on January 31st in a loss to the wolves Greg foster again started in place of shaq and went 2 for 3 with 4 points and 3 rebounds

on February 2nd in a win over the hornets Greg foster started for shaq again and went 1 for 3 with 4 points and 3 rebounds

should I go on?

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:33 PM
on February 7th in a win over the sun's Greg foster started in place of shaq and went 2 for 5 with 4 points and 3 rebounds

another solid performance :applause:

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:37 PM
on March 11th (the next game without Kobe after Brian Shaws back to back 20+ games on 60 to 70%) Rick fox stepped up with 18/9 on 50%

wish Greg foster would do that just once

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:38 PM
1-16-2002 - Samaki Walker starts over suspended Shaq, puts up 14/13, Lakers lose

2-06 - Walker: 8/14 without Shaq. Lakers lose

4-03 - Walker: 13/14 without Shaq. Lakers lose

Why is it the Lakers lost even if his replacement was putting up decent numbers?

:confusedshrug:

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:40 PM
on March 13th without Kobe in a win over the Celtics fisher stepped up with 26/5/8/6 on 50%

fox also stepped up with 21/5/6 on 47%

bbbbbut all he had was Shaws 10/5/5

:oldlol:

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:41 PM
1-16-2002 - Samaki Walker starts over suspended Shaq, puts up 14/13, Lakers lose

2-06 - Walker: 8/14 without Shaq. Lakers lose

4-03 - Walker: 13/14 without Shaq. Lakers lose

Why is it the Lakers lost even if his replacement was putting up decent numbers?

:confusedshrug:

ouch. skipping to 2002 I see. guess 2001 isn't worth the trouble anymore huh

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:42 PM
ouch. skipping to 2002 I see. guess 2001 isn't worth the trouble anymore huh

Difference is, Lakers mostly lost even if his replacement did well, see my post.

Kobe just needed a bum to replace him and we still won.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:43 PM
I think we've established that the "other" bigs were trash and the "other" wings were solid

you lose

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:44 PM
Difference is, Lakers mostly lost even if his replacement did well, see my post.

Kobe just needed a bum to replace him and we still won.

shaq had multiple guys stepping up with 20+ every other game. never saw Somalia walker do that very often

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:45 PM
It's funny you bring that up, a couple of weeks ago you shit on Morant and made fun of him for his team doing so well without him while ignoring the fact that his teammates Bane, Jackson etc all stepped up their games in Morant's absence, the numbers back it up as well.

But when Kobe's team has a good record without him it's because all of a sudden the Lakers were stacked with amazing depth.

The fact that you tried to hype up old Richmond, Shaw, Lue, & Rider who didn't even make the playoff roster just shows how desperate you are.

Post ignored.

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:46 PM
shaq had multiple guys stepping up with 20+ every other game. never saw Somalia walker do that very often

Shaq was so dominant that it opened up looks for teammates. Kobe without Shaq was a deer in the headlights.

Nilocon165
04-21-2022, 07:48 PM
https://voca.ro/1eQEuStYkCMv

Are you autistic

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:48 PM
April 3rd 2001 without Kobe

robert horry = 20/8/5/3/1 on 58%/67% threes

wish a guy would do that for kobe

1987_Lakers
04-21-2022, 07:49 PM
April 3rd 2001 without Kobe

robert horry = 20/8/5/3/1 on 58%/67% threes

wish a guy would do that for kobe

Damn, Shaq's dominance must given him some open looks.

AirBonner
04-21-2022, 07:51 PM
So Shaq was aging and fat in 2004 then why do people hold 2012 Shaq against the Celtics?

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 07:57 PM
Are you autistic

il tell ya what. if you even have the balls to record a vocaroo il leave this thread and concede to Mr 1987lakers

but most people here are basement dwelling incel libs with isolation sickness and no friends so they get anxiety speaking in public. I'm the center of attention with every crowd so it's easy

https://voca.ro/1bzqOcGpjqnM

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 08:21 PM
https://voca.ro/18zWuZbP2fuS

A for effort

edit* why did you delete that

Nilocon165
04-21-2022, 11:26 PM
A for effort

edit* why did you delete that
Wow I have a man recording vocaroos in his mom’s basement imitating a severely retarded person

Guess I hit a nerve

kawhileonard2
04-21-2022, 11:40 PM
You mean Lebron 2007, 2011, 2004, 2006, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2021, 2022.

John_Connor
04-21-2022, 11:43 PM
Wow I have a man recording vocaroos in his mom’s basement imitating a severely retarded person

this has to be RRR3

only he would own himself this badly

Axe
04-22-2022, 02:30 AM
Op, how many avy changes in the past 24 hours? They seem disturbing for us ordinary ISHers. :(

coastalmarker99
04-22-2022, 02:37 AM
That 2004 finals series goes 6 to 7 games if Kobe had decided to give the ball to Shaq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUNwbSgKZuE

Shaq was dominating when he actually got given the ball.

Shaq was 16-21 from the field in this game 4

While Kobe on the other hand was 8-25 from the field

coastalmarker99
04-22-2022, 02:40 AM
Kobe's 2004 finals were incredibly selfish

He basically decided not to feed shaq the ball when he was scoring at will.

Due to him not being able to stand Shaq getting another finals MVP.

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2022, 03:15 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fa/2f/2e/fa2f2ec7356de6004a78ea799b8a4c0d.jpg

ZionDunks
04-22-2022, 04:09 AM
He looks old.. and tired. He is old.

He’s going to get beat by a younger better gun. His time is about done. Like Lebron dick riders KD dick riders need to pick a new player to follow around because he’s an old part timer now. And you can make 1,000 threads about his past and live there to comfort yourself

ImKobe
04-22-2022, 08:58 AM

Dumbest take in this thread. Shaq was barely a 20 ppg scorer through the RS and the first 3 rounds and his volume went way up in the Finals. You can point to the FGA and ignore all the extra FTs Shaq had.

Funny how the basketball historians on this forum can only point to Kobe's box score and not Shaq's horrible P&R defense that the Pistons abused over & over again in the series, or the fact that Malone was injured and the rest of the Lakers were much worse than Kobe at scoring, which meant that the Lakers had no chance outscoring the Pistons. Keep doing you though.