PDA

View Full Version : So Jalen Brunson was expected to ask for 4 years 80 million this summer.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 12:06 PM
His agent is sending out:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IncompleteOptimisticDuckling-size_restricted.gif

clips right?

30/5/5 on 51/41/85 through 3 games without Luka? And he’s unrestricted.

How poorly would he need to play the rest of the playoffs to not get an outrageous contract from someone?

I suppose being restricted might have actually helped him though. Teams know they have to overpay or it gets matched. Still expect a bit of a bidding war though.

GimmeThat
04-22-2022, 12:17 PM
oddly enough, Isaiah Thomas never got paid. they're also peaking near the same age, either way, you're looking at a starting caliber PG that ranges roughly between 28-33 min pending on how deep your playoff run is.

ImKobe
04-22-2022, 12:19 PM
Knicks are probably the one team who could go higher than that if they manage to dump some salary, the other teams don't make as much sense and probably won't be going all out for him.

Akeem34TheDream
04-22-2022, 12:21 PM
He is outplaying Mitchell lol

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 12:34 PM
Knicks are probably the one team who could go higher than that if they manage to dump some salary, the other teams don't make as much sense and probably won't be going all out for him.

If I’m him Im wearing this shirt to the Cuban meeting after I get the Knicks number:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2204222200470095.jpeg

People always talk that team friendly shit like players should be leaving millions on the table. I saw some people arguing about Tom Brady leaving money like his wife doesn’t match what he makes if not exceed it.

**** that. Get it all.

Mask the Embiid
04-22-2022, 12:42 PM
leave dallas bro. Luka fans have been saying for years how luka has no help and is playing with bums....They dont respect you....leave dallas. Why accept this slander. its not worth it. go get paid somewhere you will be appreiated

GimmeThat
04-22-2022, 12:45 PM
He is outplaying Mitchell lol

you're downplaying the disappearance of whiteside

John_Connor
04-22-2022, 01:44 PM
leave dallas bro. Luka fans have been saying for years how luka has no help and is playing with bums....They dont respect you....leave dallas. Why accept this slander. its not worth it. go get paid somewhere you will be appreiated

I respect him. I hope he stays for cheap but he's not worth 35 to 40 million a year sorry

20 mill is fine

tontoz
04-22-2022, 02:02 PM
Dallas already have $150 million committed for next year's salaries so they would have to make a trade to pay Brunson. Someone is going to pay him but i suspect it won't be Dallas.

bladefd
04-22-2022, 02:57 PM
Dallas already have $150 million committed for next year's salaries so they would have to make a trade to pay Brunson. Someone is going to pay him but i suspect it won't be Dallas.

If someone (*cough cough* Knicks) offers Brunson the max money, Dallas is going to lose him for nothing. I don't think Dallas would match a max contract. However, they do have the benefit of no state tax so that could provide some cushion room for them (unless the team offering him max also is in a similar state with no state taxes).

I realize that Dallas could s&t him, but then he would have to agree to the terms. And the team he goes to would have to give something up - better for him to sign outright as an unrestricted free-agent. Unless if the team he wants to go to is over the cap then all bets are obviously off.

AirBonner
04-22-2022, 03:15 PM
Knicks are just the team for role players like him to get PAID

AirBonner
04-22-2022, 03:17 PM
6 years -150 million (Knicks)

GimmeThat
04-22-2022, 03:24 PM
6 years -150 million (Knicks)

the "I don't feel hurt at all if I do end up getting traded price tag" with the length of term of "it's called load management, I passed my physical"

If I’m him Im wearing this shirt to the Cuban meeting after I get the Knicks number:

People always talk that team friendly shit like players should be leaving millions on the table. I saw some people arguing about Tom Brady leaving money like his wife doesn’t match what he makes if not exceed it.

**** that. Get it all.

i'd rather have gisele than the money

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 03:36 PM
Behind every beautiful woman is a man who’s tired of ****ing her.

GimmeThat
04-22-2022, 03:42 PM

thought it was "beautiful woman will ride a man who's tired of ****ing her"

maybe if they are old or gay

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2022, 03:54 PM

lmao.

yeah, im sure this is on his mind.

he will stay and help luka,

you seething

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 03:56 PM
A woman you’re ****ing for her looks gets old quick. It’s all the rest that keeps it fun long term. A dumb hot girl who plays games on her phone when movies that require paying attention come on? It doesn’t matter how that ass moves you’ll get sick of putting your thumb in it. Hot girls with nothing else to offer are annoying past a week or so. Especially the over sexualized ones who think being sexy is the most important thing in life.

NBAGOAT
04-22-2022, 04:34 PM
detroit is a sleeper for brunson. also he's getting 25+. Something like 4yrs 110 is on the table for him.

tpols
04-22-2022, 04:40 PM

**** that. Get it all.

Happiness is worth more than money. He's gonna be rich either way. The Knicks could sap this poor guys life force and development.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 04:55 PM
Happiness is worth more than money. He's gonna be rich either way. The Knicks could sap this poor guys life force and development.

I suspect when you ask recently retired NBA players if they’d rather have an additional $25 million or four additional playoff appearances it’s not a tough call. It’s a job. Not life. Few players lose enough for winning to matter more than money. Especially the guys not on that level were fans become stupid and act like rings determine how good they are.

And even if you get to that point you don’t generally get there on your first shot at free agency. That’s get rich forever time not hometown discount time.

Save that winning comes first shit for after all your kids have trust funds in the millions and you have something major put back you can’t touch till you’re 40. First deal? I’m wilding like capital one. “What is in your wallet?!?”.

fsvr54
04-22-2022, 04:57 PM
A woman you’re ****ing for her looks gets old quick. It’s all the rest that keeps it fun long term. A dumb hot girl who plays games on her phone when movies that require paying attention come on? It doesn’t matter how that ass moves you’ll get sick of putting your thumb in it. Hot girls with nothing else to offer are annoying past a week or so. Especially the over sexualized ones who think being sexy is the most important thing in life.

Everything you said is facts.

tontoz
04-22-2022, 04:58 PM
First deal guys want to get paid, especially guys who've been playing for relative peanuts.

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 05:22 PM

Brunson is great and a leader, but he is also small and limited as a passer and floor general.

Here's what will probably happen.

Some bad team like the Knicks or Detroit will overpay and then he'll be on a team with shitty defense and lack of chemistry and he'll come down to earth looking just "good" like a Kemba Walker or something.

Nothing wrong with that, but Brunson is in an ideal situation with a team built specifically around a high usage guard and built specifically to cover for such a guard's defensive challenges. It's also a team running on pure team spirit from having a GOAT talent.

So yeah, Brunson can have a great career as Luka's Pippen or he can go try to be his own man on a bad team, get paid, maybe make on All Star.

That's my guess.

I think a lot depends on how far the Mavs make it in the playoffs. If they make conference finals, then I think you could persuade Brunson to stay on a player option, backloaded type of deal maybe.

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 05:24 PM
I suspect when you ask recently retired NBA players if they’d rather have an additional $25 million or four additional playoff appearances it’s not a tough call. It’s a job. Not life.

I doubt that.

Brunson is a winner, not a social media star.

Do you want to be talked about in 20 years, be invited to shows, be an inspiration or do you just want to be some rich bum trying to avoid being swindled of your earnings?

tontoz
04-22-2022, 05:37 PM
If they really want to resign him and Brunson wants to stay there i think the easiest path is to do a salary dump trade with Bertans.

NBAGOAT
04-22-2022, 05:38 PM
If they really want to resign him and Brunson wants to stay there i think the easiest path is to do a salary dump trade with Bertans.

Don’t forget trading hardaway

NBAGOAT
04-22-2022, 05:39 PM
Brunson is great and a leader, but he is also small and limited as a passer and floor general.

Here's what will probably happen.

Some bad team like the Knicks or Detroit will overpay and then he'll be on a team with shitty defense and lack of chemistry and he'll come down to earth looking just "good" like a Kemba Walker or something.

Nothing wrong with that, but Brunson is in an ideal situation with a team built specifically around a high usage guard and built specifically to cover for such a guard's defensive challenges. It's also a team running on pure team spirit from having a GOAT talent.

So yeah, Brunson can have a great career as Luka's Pippen or he can go try to be his own man on a bad team, get paid, maybe make on All Star.

That's my guess.

I think a lot depends on how far the Mavs make it in the playoffs. If they make conference finals, then I think you could persuade Brunson to stay on a player option, backloaded type of deal maybe.

Detroit wants him to compliment Cade not just dominate the ball

tpols
04-22-2022, 05:40 PM
I suspect when you ask recently retired NBA players if they’d rather have an additional $25 million or four additional playoff appearances it’s not a tough call. It’s a job. Not life. Few players lose enough for winning to matter more than money. Especially the guys not on that level were fans become stupid and act like rings determine how good they are.

And even if you get to that point you don’t generally get there on your first shot at free agency. That’s get rich forever time not hometown discount time.

Save that winning comes first shit for after all your kids have trust funds in the millions and you have something major put back you can’t touch till you’re 40. First deal? I’m wilding like capital one. “What is in your wallet?!?”.

The guys gonna get paid 100 million cash wherever he goes. If he ****s that that up? How can I feel bad about it? What do you want me to do?

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 05:42 PM

I'd probably want to get rid of both Bertans and Tim Hardaway Junior.

Not sure who would want Timmy tho. He has a weird contract, frontloaded, falling to 16 million at age 32.

I suppose he could be a good piece for someone looking to tank and then as he gets cheaper he can be a vet teaching the youngsters.

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 05:44 PM
Detroit wants him to compliment Cade not just dominate the ball

Isn't that just the situation he is in now though, just on a worse team with a worse Luka?

If he wanted to be a star, I could see him going to Knicks, he has that tough mentality and underdog style, that might be appreciated there.

I could see Pop being interested as well.

NBAGOAT
04-22-2022, 05:46 PM
Isn't that just the situation he is in now though, just on a worse team with a worse Luka?

If he wanted to be a star, I could see him going to Knicks, he has that tough mentality and underdog style, that might be appreciated there.

I could see Pop being interested as well.

Well there’s also the money…. I think Knicks have to shed some salary to throw the bag at Brunson

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 05:47 PM
I doubt that.

Brunson is a winner, not a social media star.

Do you want to be talked about in 20 years, be invited to shows, be an inspiration or do you just want to be some rich bum trying to avoid being swindled of your earnings?

I don’t mean this as harshly as it will sound but that’s a stupid ****ing question. Why on earth would I want to be talked about more than to provide for an additional three generations of my family? We really gotta stop acting like basketball is supposed to come first to everyone.

Personally I’d rather be Junior Bridgeman than most hall of famers. Give me dynasty money over a ring. Every time.

I work to get paid. Even when my work is a game. A lot of players see it that way. A lot don’t. Case by case. But I think almost all of them want to secure the money first. Worry about legacy when you’re almost done not when you finally earned a big contract for the first time. Anything else is almost irresponsible to your family.

These are men first not basketball players.

If I have a better offer from a worse team I’m taking it and using the difference on something that counts. Be a few million I wouldn’t have otherwise. Make it count.

Ill build a free clinic or income based private school or something and know I did what was right in the real world not to some idiot fan.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 05:47 PM
The guys gonna get paid 100 million cash wherever he goes. If he ****s that that up? How can I feel bad about it? What do you want me to do?

Where did you get the impression I want you to feel bad about it? You don’t have to feel anything.

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 05:50 PM
I don’t mean this as harshly as it will sound but that’s a stupid ****ing question. Why on earth would I want to be talked about more than to provide for an additional three generations of my family? We really gotta stop acting like basketball is supposed to come first to everyone.

Personally I’d rather be Junior Bridgeman than most hall of famers. Give me dynasty money over a ring. Every time.

I work to get paid. Even when my work is a game. A lot of players see it that way. A lot don’t. Case by case.

That's because you're poor bro.

If you don't have like at least $5 million then you're at risk of ruin in today's crazy world.

With Brunson, he will be guaranteed anywhere from 100-150 million.

That's a different case, 100 million, well invested will beat 150 million poorly invested and squandered "feeding the village".

Also, some people just don't care about that extra money once they're financially secure, and they will be with 100 million.

Money is just a disgusting consequence of capitalism, hype and history is forever.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 06:01 PM
I’m Poor compared to an NBA player but I’m far from regular poor. I grew up poor which is why I would never do anything so stupid as to put the interests of a company that doesn’t care about me personally over preventing poverty for several more generations. Nobody in my bloodline would be as poor as I was for as many generations as I could manage. A extra 20 million is a good start. I’m trying to change generations. Not go to the wcf.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 06:05 PM
And hype and history are forever?

Tell me who won the 1954 nba title without googling it.

Nothing is forever. A good financial background is at least of great use both today and long after you die. My great grandkids can’t put down on a house with my trip to the finals. They can with even a modest trust put aside for them at birth. Hell before birth.

That matters to me more than a Google legacy.

Akeem34TheDream
04-22-2022, 06:09 PM
I’m Poor compared to an NBA player but I’m far from regular poor. I grew up poor which is why I would never do anything so stupid as to put the interests of a company that doesn’t care about me personally over preventing poverty for several more generations. Nobody in my bloodline would be as poor as I was for as many generations as I could manage. A extra 20 million is a good start. I’m trying to change generations. Not go to the wcf.

What do you do if you don't have a kid or any close relatives? Not everybody dreams a family. What do you do with that multigenerational money then?

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 06:18 PM
Other people have kids. And there’s an awful lot of orphans. There are adults to help as well but the way I came up I have a soft spot for people in bad situations of absolutely none of their doing.

This world isn’t lacking in good causes.

And for the record I’m not telling people to do it how I’d do it. What you do with what you earn isn’t my business.

Im speaking for me. That’s all any of us can do.

Akeem34TheDream
04-22-2022, 06:24 PM
I thought you implied you'd have to be stupid to choose reputation/success over money. Anyway, i think it might make sense for some people.

BarberSchool
04-22-2022, 06:24 PM
I assure you, there is a small amount of very special multiracial women, that it is indeed biologically impossible to get tired of ****ing them. 1 in 50,000, but they’re out there.

For instance, do you think Marko Jaric ever got tired of fu@king Adrianna Lima ?

Xiao Yao You
04-22-2022, 06:39 PM
I'd probably want to get rid of both Bertans and Tim Hardaway Junior.

Not sure who would want Timmy tho. He has a weird contract, frontloaded, falling to 16 million at age 32.

I suppose he could be a good piece for someone looking to tank and then as he gets cheaper he can be a vet teaching the youngsters.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3mstebj

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 06:46 PM

Dude, I've been poor, I was briefly doing ok (100k+), but now with all the inflation trending poor again, so I know that feeling, I'll never be poor again, rather work 12 hours days 7 days a week. Being poor is the absolute worst.

That's not what I'm saying tho.

I'm saying 80 million or 100 million or 120 million doesn't make that much of a difference in a couple of generations. It will still be plenty to live off for multiple people, provided they're invested wisely, which I guess, is a risk with the NBA.

Of course tax can make a difference, tax can be 40 million in Toronto or maybe 5 million in Florida.

All sorts of things to consider.

If you move to NY, there's skyrocketing crime there targeting rich people as well.

It's not as simple as get mo money. If it were that simple, everyone would live in Panama or Cyprus and they don't.

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 06:48 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3mstebj

I like that, but the Gay has to be getting up there in age and we already have Brunson and Dinwiddie as backup point guard.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2022, 07:02 PM
I assure you, there is a small amount of very special multiracial women, that it is indeed biologically impossible to get tired of ****ing them. 1 in 50,000, but they’re out there.

For instance, do you think Marko Jaric ever got tired of fu@king Adrianna Lima ?

Probably. They did get divorced. Someone got sick of something enough to move on. Who knows what happened?

Nobody is too hot to cheat on. Life has shown us that many times. In my experience most meant aren’t wired like women. You can **** a woman prone to it into insane devotion. Even the ***** whipped guys I’ve known weren’t as whipped as women can get dick whipped and overwhelmed with love.

Anything can get old. You can dream about getting it for years…finally get to pull off those parties…**** her half to death.

You wake up and might not wanna get that ho a glass of water if she asks and that bed is feeling too comfortable.

The chase is usually more interesting than the maintain.

r15mohd
04-22-2022, 07:12 PM
If someone (*cough cough* Knicks) offers Brunson the max money, Dallas is going to lose him for nothing. I don't think Dallas would match a max contract. However, they do have the benefit of no state tax so that could provide some cushion room for them (unless the team offering him max also is in a similar state with no state taxes).

I realize that Dallas could s&t him, but then he would have to agree to the terms. And the team he goes to would have to give something up - better for him to sign outright as an unrestricted free-agent. Unless if the team he wants to go to is over the cap then all bets are obviously off.

the benefit of no state tax is offset by the NY market and sponsorship potential if he's good enough to keep MSG noisy - plus it's MSG. he's just gotta be built for the environment

BarberSchool
04-22-2022, 07:35 PM
You can **** a woman prone to it into insane devotion. Even the ***** whipped guys I’ve known weren’t as whipped as women can get dick whipped and overwhelmed with love.1,000% this.
If she is genuinely interested in your mind, and you make her multiple back to back inside 12-15mjn the first time, you now have a shiny new member in the cult of self. LBS

BarberSchool
04-22-2022, 07:37 PM
the benefit of no state tax is offset by the NY market and sponsorship potential if he's good enough to keep MSG noisy - plus it's MSG. he's just gotta be built for the environmentNYC overrates that Sh!t. It’s just a small old stadium in an American city.

But I could see Dolan throwing max money at Brunson, for the reason of seeing himself in Brunson. A short stocky unathletic guy who gets shit done on smarts, skill, patience, and grit ? All these short fat owners love him already.

but who's getting tired of gisele bundchen AND adriana lima?

not me

kawhileonard2
04-22-2022, 11:34 PM
I respect him. I hope he stays for cheap but he's not worth 35 to 40 million a year sorry

20 mill is fine

This. I mean give him a 90's star salary at this point.

Kblaze8855
04-23-2022, 09:10 AM
but who's getting tired of gisele bundchen AND adriana lima?

not me

Based on my experience you want to **** a 9-10 a few times but to spend a great deal of time? You want a really cute in the face 7.5-8 who has something to say. There are rare combos of drop dead gorgeous and clever but for the most part?

Even the ones with their own money(a bigger problem if they don’t)….they wanna text you hair ideas, have you pick between 18 different nail colors/shapes, know how their ass looks in every possible pair of pants, eat nothing but chick fila and sushi, and don’t understand why you aren’t excited every time they walk in naked while the game is on or why you don’t always want to ****. Women that into their appearance tend to need you to be into it too and it’s…a lot. They don’t have much to say beyond what their hot hairdresser friend is doing with her sugar daddy and occasionally a dark tale about why they don’t speak to their father anymore.

At this point in life I just don’t wanna have to explain the ending of Interstellar, pick 4 matching sets at Victoria secret every month, or order the same meal through the chick fila app 3 times a week.

With few exceptions the trendy bad bitches are boring. Give me the cute one who occasionally reads a book, will happily watch a nature show, and has a loving protective father who changes her oil and talks to you about politics you don’t care about.

Im way less likely to get sick of her. I have ****ed up so many times trying to put up with high maintenance bad bitches I let some of the best women I ever met get away. Bad you have to get old to get that wisdom. And by then?

You aren’t trying to resettle down. Just put up with the annoying hoes long as you can then get a new one. Unless you want one 10-15 years younger than you the best ones are taken before you even hit 40.

So it’s dumb hot girls who get your interest for a few months from then on or you wind up with a clever one with 19 year old kids who’s prime you missed.

You need 40+ wisdom at 20 to do it right. Or to get very lucky. As is the case in most aspects of life.

Based on my experience you want to **** a 9-10 a few times but to spend a great deal of time? You want a really cute in the face 7.5-8 who has something to say. There are rare combos of drop dead gorgeous and clever but for the most part?

Even the ones with their own money(a bigger problem if they don’t)….they wanna text you hair ideas, have you pick between 18 different nail colors/shapes, know how their ass looks in every possible pair of pants, eat nothing but chick fila and sushi, and don’t understand why you aren’t excited every time they walk in naked while the game is on or why you don’t always want to ****. Women that into their appearance tend to need you to be into it too and it’s…a lot. They don’t have much to say beyond what their hot hairdresser friend is doing with her sugar daddy and occasionally a dark tale about why they don’t speak to their father anymore.

At this point in life I just don’t wanna have to explain the ending of Interstellar, pick 4 matching sets at Victoria secret every month, or order the same meal through the chick fila app 3 times a week.

With few exceptions the trendy bad bitches are boring. Give me the cute one who occasionally reads a book, will happily watch a nature show, and has a loving protective father who changes her oil and talks to you about politics you don’t care about.

Im way less likely to get sick of her. I have ****ed up so many times trying to put up with high maintenance bad bitches I let some of the best women I ever met get away. Bad you have to get old to get that wisdom. And by then?

You aren’t trying to resettle down. Just put up with the annoying hoes long as you can then get a new one. Unless you want one 10-15 years younger than you the best ones are taken before you even hit 40.

So it’s dumb hot girls who get your interest for a few months from then on or you wind up with a clever one with 19 year old kids who’s prime you missed.

You need 40+ wisdom at 20 to do it right. Or to get very lucky. As is the case in most aspects of life.

so you'd rather have a chick that occasionally reads a book than a harem of 10s

to each their own i guess

Kblaze8855
04-23-2022, 10:30 AM
10? I’m not buying all that gotdamn chick fila.

Manny98
04-23-2022, 10:35 AM
He's worth more than that, Dallas can't afford him

Would hate to see him on the Knicks

10? I’m not buying all that gotdamn chick fila.

gisele is mostly a vegetarian so no worries for you there

lima probably got tired of marko because she's out of his league

Kblaze8855
04-23-2022, 12:00 PM
Marko was an in shape, tall, and worldly millionaire. He doesn’t have a league. Barring extremes most people don’t. The number of hot girls with money who ****ed funny losers would blow you away.

GimmeThat
04-23-2022, 12:14 PM
if a girl tells you she doesn't have the sexual energy to consistently satisfy you because she had been crushing on you for way too long, believing that she doesn't deserve you while watching other girls interact with you from afar without realizing those girls were thinking the exact same thing.

it's only logical for someone to literally say "I did not ask for this" while getting reverse gangbanged, am I right

r15mohd
04-23-2022, 03:32 PM
NYC overrates that Sh!t. It’s just a small old stadium in an American city.

But I could see Dolan throwing max money at Brunson, for the reason of seeing himself in Brunson. A short stocky unathletic guy who gets shit done on smarts, skill, patience, and grit ? All these short fat owners love him already.

NYC doesnt overrate it, they ensure it keeps its status...there's a reason why so many greats loved to play at MSG, the atmosphere is 2nd to none, even for opposing players.

Marko was an in shape, tall, and worldly millionaire. He doesn’t have a league. Barring extremes most people don’t. The number of hot girls with money who ****ed funny losers would blow you away.

every time she looked at his face she was probably thinking "did i make a mistake?"

eventually the answer became yes

if a girl tells you she doesn't have the sexual energy to consistently satisfy you because she had been crushing on you for way too long, believing that she doesn't deserve you while watching other girls interact with you from afar without realizing those girls were thinking the exact same thing.

it's only logical for someone to literally say "I did not ask for this" while getting reverse gangbanged, am I right

nobody on this planet is reverse gangbanging 10s

Kblaze8855
06-24-2022, 12:12 AM
In a move too Knicks to be untrue the Knicks traded both the 13h pick and Kemba to the pistons to clear cap space to throw at Brunson.

They are gonna make the Mavs go all in.

FultzNationRISE
06-24-2022, 12:25 AM
:lol

Mavs probably have to let him walk, they still have THJ under contract plus Wood in the rotation too now, so it’s a lot players vying for touches. Even if youd rather have Brunson than either of them, it may just make too little salary cap sense for the Mavs.

Kblaze8855
06-24-2022, 07:30 AM
I want the mavs to keep him just to see who the Knicks up with after trading a lottery pick and clearing space. It would have to be Lavine to not go down in usual Knicks infamy.

Patrick Chewing
06-24-2022, 12:57 PM
I want the Knicks to fail badly after last night. I want Bruson to stay in Dallas. The only logical conclusion is that they are going to trade most of those picks for Donovan Mitchell. The Knicks have 5 First Round picks next year. There is no way they are not improving the roster this year and plan on drafting 5 new guys next year.

Give me Dejounte Murray instead. He's worth a couple of firsts and is better than Mitchell.

Shooter
06-24-2022, 03:30 PM
I want the mavs to keep him just to see who the Knicks up with after trading a lottery pick and clearing space. It would have to be Lavine to not go down in usual Knicks infamy.

:lol :lol

Kblaze8855
02-17-2023, 05:32 PM
Well…turns out he might be underpaid. He’s 50th in salary and in a couple years it’s gonna look crazy when you see the contracts people sign compared to what he’s got. Knicks finally didn’t Knick.

tontoz
02-17-2023, 05:48 PM
Well…turns out he might be underpaid. He’s 50th in salary and in a couple years it’s gonna look crazy when you see the contracts people sign compared to what he’s got. Knicks finally didn’t Knick.

Sad that the Mavs could have signed him for so much less. They f'd up.

Patrick Chewing
02-17-2023, 06:05 PM
I want the Knicks to fail badly after last night. I want Bruson to stay in Dallas. The only logical conclusion is that they are going to trade most of those picks for Donovan Mitchell. The Knicks have 5 First Round picks next year. There is no way they are not improving the roster this year and plan on drafting 5 new guys next year.

Give me Dejounte Murray instead. He's worth a couple of firsts and is better than Mitchell.

This is a horrible take, Patrick. Horrible.

Axe
02-17-2023, 07:05 PM
This is a horrible take, Patrick. Horrible.
Dumb.

Kblaze8855
03-26-2023, 08:26 AM
Sad that the Mavs could have signed him for so much less. They f'd up.

Turns out he’d have taken even less than we knew:

Prior to the 2021-22 season, he was eligible for a four-year, $55.5 million extension. It was an offer Brunson's camp would have accepted if the Mavericks made it, sources tell B/R. In January 2022, his representatives tried to initiate dialogue on getting a deal done, but the Mavericks resisted.
Brunson began cementing himself as the second-best player on the team behind Luka Dončić. And after the February trade deadline, the team contacted Brunson about agreeing to the same four-year, $55.5 million extension Dorian Finney-Smith (https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/players/2248003/dorian-finney-smith/) had just signed. At that point, it was clear that the guard's value in free agency would be worth exponentially more if he tested the market.
Brunson recalled how the matter played out.
"There were two times that I thought we had offers on the table before the season, and then around, I think December or January, they looked the other way," Brunson said. "They had every right in the world to do so. I don't blame them for making any business decisions. That's on them."
And this was the killer:
"... I wanted that role of being with the Mavericks for the long haul of my career," Brunson said. "I truly loved that place."

DMAVS41
03-26-2023, 08:35 AM
Turns out he’d have taken even less than we knew:

This was known at the time.

Obviously he wasn't the player in 21 that he became last year and this year, but he had come off a really nice season where he played over 25 minutes iirc. Plenty of people in Dallas wanted to lock him up on that extension. Which made the most logical sense as the number was so small that doesn't even matter....at worst, he's a decent throw in player in a trade if he doesn't progress and get better at such a small salary per year.

Running a franchise is really hard, but losing him for nothing is not acceptable when it comes to your own player. The Mavs should know Brunson better than anyone...they should have seen his potential and the steal that extension was going to be.

Sometimes teams just **** up obvious decisions when you have information...it is like the Lakers and Brook Lopez. That was just idiotic...

tontoz
03-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Yeah this looks really bad, especially considering the Mavs lack of success signing free agents from other teams.

highwhey
03-26-2023, 10:31 AM

clips right?

How poorly would he need to play the rest of the playoffs to not get an outrageous contract from someone?

I suppose being restricted might have actually helped him though. Teams know they have to overpay or it gets matched. Still expect a bit of a bidding war though.

That Pusha T song is one of my favorite

Real Men Wear Green
03-26-2023, 12:13 PM
I would rather have Brunson than Irving right now. Other than drafting Luka it's hard to think of a good move by the Mav FO.

DMAVS41
03-26-2023, 12:30 PM
I would rather have Brunson than Irving right now. Other than drafting Luka it's hard to think of a good move by the Mav FO.

There aren't many goo moves in the last 25 years outside of drafting Dirk / Luka...:cry:

highwhey
03-26-2023, 01:17 PM
He would be perfect for the suns.

highwhey
03-27-2023, 01:27 AM

clips right?

OP, you seem like a man of good taste...so am i wrong to assume you like pusha T?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFrwm6oRYJg

Kblaze8855
03-27-2023, 08:24 AM
Well, since yay tall, I was MJG with the eight ball a living legend, I play them keys like Ray Charles. If that answers your question.

highwhey
03-27-2023, 11:08 AM
Well, since yay tall, I was MJG with the eight ball a living legend, I play them keys like Ray Charles. If that answers your question.

:pimp:

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 06:36 AM
Is this the First time in NBA history, the Knicks have had arguably the best contract in the league?

If they so much is do what they should against the Pacers he’s the king of New York till he’s 60. He gets John Starks tickets in the garden one off conference finals run. I’m sure. John has to be the lowest ranked bonafide Knicks legend right?

I saw Charles Oakley saying Bronson was the greatest Knick since Walt Frazier having past Ewing and Carmelo this season. I remember Him beefing with Ewing and how he made so much money and didn’t appreciate the rest of the guys so I know that’s a little personal. But still. Oakley probably is high enough in the pantheon of Knicks fandom that he can hand out the G pass going forward.

If Brunson and Bernard King want the same tickets to be courtside in 2036….does Jalen get them?

I think he might. Not that he’s better. But he might get those tickets. Ewing would still get them first. Frazier always. Melo?

Tossup. Melo had a lot of love out there with real people.

He lost his second round to the pacers though. Brunson might lock up more eternal love if he wins his.

tontoz
05-03-2024, 08:51 AM
It's a perfect storm right now, like a sustained version of Vinsanity.

90sgoat
05-03-2024, 08:59 AM
Brunson is definitely easily the best Knick since Ewing.

For both of them, they contribute more than their stats.

Brunson is a true leader.

Nanners
05-03-2024, 09:14 AM
Brunson was expected to ask for a pay cut? Because he is currently getting 25m/yr... 80 over 4 is like Dillon Brooks or Deandre Hunter money

tontoz
05-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Brunson was expected to ask for a pay cut? Because he is currently getting 25m/yr... 80 over 4 is like Dillon Brooks or Deandre Hunter money

You do realize this thread was started in 2022, right? :lol

Nanners
05-03-2024, 09:37 AM
You do realize this thread was started in 2022, right? :lol

:oldlol:

no I did not realize that

anyway, if 80m/4yr was really what was expected, hats off to the knicks for paying 100m/4 and still getting one of the best bargains in the league... I'm still surprised that they managed to sign Brunson to an amazing contract instead of doing what the knicks usually do and getting locked in to paying some forgettable shitter like Jordan Poole (30m/yr), Tyler Herro (30m/yr), Cj McCollum (35m/yr) or Beal (50m/yr)

Carbine
05-03-2024, 10:36 AM
All Brunson did was chuck his way to 35 ppg

Inefficient chucker status.

rawimpact
05-03-2024, 11:15 AM

He has a 54% efg compared to 57% for arguable the best shooter in NBA history in Steph..

how is that even remotely inefficient?

Of the four games he scored more than 35pts, last four in this series at 39pts, 47, 40 and 4, his fg% was %48, 53, 47 and 48 respectively... compared to a league average for PGs 45%.

You are talking bullshit

tontoz
05-03-2024, 11:24 AM
Brunson is the only shot creator the Knicks have so there was a lot of pressure on him to produce. Philly did a good job defending him and he struggled the first two games. The last 4 games he played very well and his efficiency was fine.

Carbine
05-03-2024, 11:24 AM
He shot 52.5 TS and almost a 40 usage rate.

Relative to era, that's like what Iverson was doing in the playoffs in the early 00s.

warriorfan
05-03-2024, 11:42 AM

Relative to era, that's like what Iverson was doing in the playoffs in the early 00s.

his team is kinda like the old sixer teams where they don’t have a lot of options offensively, it’s pretty much let Jalen/Iverson pound the rock and figure it out.

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 12:22 PM

You only get to make it out to be an “All he did….” when it doesn’t work.

When it does…it’s finding a way. The one man army brand of ball is hard to do and have your team prosper but teams rarely choose to do it because they want to. It’s often just this situation. A coach who favors tough defense and hard playing role players leaning on the guy who has to drag them to enough points to win versus more talented lineups.

Thibs coached my team for some time and he did the same thing with Rose. What Brown did with AI. Even when it looks like shit and he actually calls a set it’s repetitive and predictable. How many times did they follow up two or three plays of Bronson just trying to figure something out with a set that had go nowhere action away from the ball resulting in Hart or Dante at the top of the 3 point line trying to figure something out?

They arent out there, running beautiful effective sets to overcome not having a traditional superstar like Buds Hawks or anything. Calling him out for the shooting numbers is fair on its face, but there’s no way to a count for what considerably less capable teammates might do if his burden were reduced, and they had to take more of the bad shots that offense put its ball handlers in position to take. Him shooting better by passing up tough shots doesn’t necessarily mean the team will make more shots when the tough shot has to be taken by someone less capable of making it.

Its a really tall order to win that way and it doesn’t result in efficient stat lines but it can absolutely let a hard nosed team be better than it should be.

And the Knicks are.

We really gonna rise and sleep under the blanket of Freedom Thibs provides and then question the manner in which he provides it?

You only get to hate on the approach when the team is worse than it should be. The Knicks are absolutely maximizing what that list of players should be able to do so I think we can give a pass to the statistical specifics of how they do it.

And I say that as someone who has gleefully soaked himself in the salty brine of Knick fan tears for decades to become the pickle you see before you. But true is true. The Knicks are playing over their heads and he’s a lot of the reason why.

Wardell Curry
05-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Is this the First time in NBA history, the Knicks have had arguably the best contract in the league?

The contracts are going up in such a large amount year over year that the numbers don't even matter anymore, amirite? lol.

Bradley Beal's contract isn't bad therefore this contract isn't good. Just meh.

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 01:10 PM
When you can fit two additional $45-50 million players and a passable supporting cast on top of a Supermax? I would say contracts range from great to workable. With the exception of people who literally can’t suit up, of course.

tpols
05-03-2024, 01:46 PM
The 2nd leading scorer on the Knicks in the playoffs was Josh Hart who shot even worse than Brunson.

Guy hung 35/9/5 in a series win with no other support and this clown Carbine is hating on him. The fact that he has such mediocre athleticism and size and can still do that is absurd.

Iverson not only shot worse signifigantly but AI was an incredible athlete. Brunson looks like he could be working at Subway.

warriorfan
05-03-2024, 01:46 PM
When you can fit two additional $45-50 million players and a passable supporting cast on top of a Supermax? I would say contracts range from great to workable. With the exception of people who literally can’t suit up, of course.

In your own words if “there’s no such thing as a bad contract”, there’s no such thing as a good contract as well. One can’t exist without the other.

Just take your L, lol

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 01:59 PM
Something you Paraphrase isn’t a quote. That isn’t how quotes work. Not that it’s worth talking about to you anyway with you having drug it to 600 posts while still having the argument with someone you started with like three years ago right now. Feel free to go there and talk about it with him. It’s like 6-7 topics down I think. I promise you he has inexhaustible energy to keep repeating himself so if you want to indulge in that, I’m sure he’s down.

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 02:05 PM
The 2nd leading scorer on the Knicks in the playoffs was Josh Hart who shot even worse than Brunson.

Guy hung 35/9/5 in a series win with no other support and this clown Carbine is hating on him. The fact that he has such mediocre athleticism and size and can still do that is absurd.

Iverson not only shot worse signifigantly but AI was an incredible athlete. Brunson looks like he could be working at Subway.

you can’t only acknowledge that the era caused worse shooting when talking about players you like. Kobe had a 51 TS percentage on a championship run. 49 vs the Kings and even worse vs the Spurs. We all know it wouldn’t likely be the case in a league that had taken steps to prevent low scores like the one we have now.

Cant selectively acknowledge it.

warriorfan
05-03-2024, 02:06 PM
Something you Paraphrase isn’t a quote. That isn’t how quotes work. Not that it’s worth talking about to you anyway with you having drug it to 600 posts while still having the argument with someone you started with like three years ago right now. Feel free to go there and talk about it with him. It’s like 6-7 topics down I think. I promise you he has inexhaustible energy to keep repeating himself so if you want to indulge in that, I’m sure he’s down.

I’ll leave you with this

"[Beal's no-trade clause] should have been a dealbreaker if you're Phoenix," he said Monday (2:00 mark). "That should have been a walkaway. Now you are married, again, to that no-trade clause and probably the most toxic contract in NBA history.’

-ESPN Front Office Insider Bobby Marks

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 02:15 PM
you’re getting to be one of those people who wants to talk about the same thing incessantly for years at a time. Sometimes I can go for a month or two. But goddamn. I don’t mind you personally despite how it may come off. I just can’t keep talking about the same shit. Dmavs Actually did the same thing for like four or five years with Otto Porter. I’m certainly not gonna tell you I’m too busy for it because I’m not. I just started a Billions rewatch and have nothing at all to do. I just don’t choose to use the time I have on 3 year old repeating myself arguments.

I can’t get on here and say the same shit every single day. I don’t have that much 3ball in me. I finally had to throw the Gobert guy on ignore to get some peace.

I can’t be in those forever arguments anymore.

Long story short

https://youtu.be/VOJTIOQQPSQ?si=pQ-qv9eF4AUwTma2

I’m happy. Leave me alone.

tontoz
05-03-2024, 02:17 PM
Brunson isnt an inefficient scorer. He just had a bad first two games shooting 16-55 from the field.

bluechox2
05-03-2024, 02:17 PM
Knicks are just the team for role players like him to get PAID

aged well

bluechox2
05-03-2024, 02:19 PM
Brunson isnt an inefficient scorer. He just had a bad first two games shooting 16-55 from the field.

taking one week off isn't his style...and I hope you know that 4 more games were played..

Charlie Sheen
05-03-2024, 02:19 PM

Are the Knicks winning basketball games?

Are the Knicks improved upon last season?

Is Julius Randle playing?

tpols
05-03-2024, 02:21 PM
Yea the Beal thing needs to be laid to rest. Somebody's gotta lose. If the Suns beat the wolves we'd be clowning rudy. Somebody is always getting clowned and as this thread shows even the ****ing winners get clowned. There's people hating on Brunson in here.

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 02:29 PM
With them embracing this style of play what do you think they could get for Randle right now? His salary is like 30 million for the next two years and 30 million might as well be nothing these days. That’s the cost of an average role-player and an eighth man together.

So they could match the money with anybody. they have four first round draft picks they could trade though two of them(Wizards and Pistons) Will be kicked down the road because they Have high lottery protections for this year. But those long-term pics often turn into something. Protections expire.

what did they reasonably get for Randle 2 first rounders this year and two first rounders to come? So Randle +4 picks. What does that return?

A lot of players must be unhappy.

warriorfan
05-03-2024, 02:37 PM
you’re getting to be one of those people who wants to talk about the same thing incessantly for years at a time. Sometimes I can go for a month or two. But goddamn. I don’t mind you personally despite how it may come off. I just can’t keep talking about the same shit. Dmavs Actually did the same thing for like four or five years with Otto Porter. I’m certainly not gonna tell you I’m too busy for it because I’m not. I just started a Billions rewatch and have nothing at all to do. I just don’t choose to use the time I have on 3 year old repeating myself arguments.

I can’t get on here and say the same shit every single day. I don’t have that much 3ball in me. I finally had to throw the Gobert guy on ignore to get some peace.

I can’t be in those forever arguments anymore.

Long story short

https://youtu.be/VOJTIOQQPSQ?si=pQ-qv9eF4AUwTma2

I’m happy. Leave me alone.

You don’t want to talk about it anymore because you were wrong

It’s not that big of a deal

You could have said “I was a little off base with that take in retrospect”, boom, over, don’t with.

You chose to quadruple down with redundant wall of texts with bizarre logic, when literally the only people in the entire world that agreed with your take was yourself, Dmavs, and bradly beal himself.

You like to give 3ball shit but you went full 3ball and then some

I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life but next time you could save yourself a lot of trouble and just admit when you were wrong

tontoz
05-03-2024, 02:40 PM
taking one week off isn't his style...and I hope you know that 4 more games were played..

That was the point of my post. Carbine was posting the series stats as if it showed Brunson was an inefficient scorer.

That is obviously not the case. He was just off the first two games. Then he adjusted to the defense and showed out.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2024, 02:42 PM
With them embracing this style of play what do you think they could get for Randle right now? His salary is like 30 million for the next two years and 30 million might as well be nothing these days. That’s the cost of an average role-player and an eighth man together.

So they could match the money with anybody. they have four first round draft picks they could trade though two of them(Wizards and Pistons) Will be kicked down the road because they Have high lottery protections for this year. But those long-term pics often turn into something. Protections expire.

what did they reasonably get for Randle 2 first rounders this year and two first rounders to come? So Randle +4 picks. What does that return?

A lot of players must be unhappy.

I guess depth, or salary relief that makes OG easier to pay.

Randle was pretty easily the weakest all-star this year, so they're not gonna get another all-star level guy for him. Which is really the only kind of trade that would improve their starting lineup.

There's a talent saturation right now. A lot of teams have tradable players that seem valuable on paper but that few other teams on the market really have a place for in their lineup.

Randle will probably be in the next expansion draft if it happens while he's still on this contract.

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2024, 02:45 PM
Paul George would be real nice on the NYK.

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 02:46 PM
You don’t want to talk about it anymore because you were wrong

It’s not that big of a deal

You could have said “I was a little off base with that take in retrospect”, boom, over, don’t with.

You chose to quadruple down with redundant wall of texts with bizarre logic, when literally the only people in the entire world that agreed with your take was yourself, Dmavs, and bradly beal himself.

You like to give 3ball shit but you went full 3ball and then some

I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life but next time you could save yourself a lot of trouble and just admit when you were wrong

The minute he was traded, your entire premise was factually incorrect. Are you gonna spend 10 years trying to create wiggle room around it because you feel you shouldn’t have been incorrect even though you were? You dying to have it repeated in different words is a weird phenomenon, but not an interesting one. I’m here to give things some thought. When there is nothing left to say there is nothing to think about. If you don’t have it in you to talk about anything else, I have no further reason to acknowledge you.

tontoz
05-03-2024, 02:49 PM
Paul George would be real nice on the NYK.

Philly will probably get him. They could sign two max guys easily, then resign Maxey. They probably wont do something like that but they could.

warriorfan
05-03-2024, 02:50 PM
The minute he was traded, your entire premise was factually incorrect Are you gonna spend 10 years trying to create wiggle room around it because you feel you shouldn’t have been incorrect even though you were. You dying to have it repeated in different words is a weird phenomenon, but not an interesting one. I’m here to give things some thought. When there is nothing left to say there is nothing to think about. If you don’t have it in you to talk about anything else, I have no further reason to acknowledge you.

You were a troll who tried to play some devil advocate shit with “there’s no such thing as a bad contract in the nba”.

Your trolling fell flat on its face and now you dont wanna take your comeuppance

don’t gotta be a whiny bitch about it

Nanners
05-03-2024, 02:56 PM

Youre comparing Brunsen to prime Iverson like its supposed to be a bad thing?

Its a good comparison IMO, they are def similar players in similar roles - both of them were basically 1 man offense on a team of defensive players.

If not Brunsen, who exactly should be handling the ball for the Knicks? a useage rate of 40 is not necessarily a bad thing if your team mates cant do jack shit on offense.

Charlie Sheen
05-03-2024, 02:59 PM
I just started a Billions rewatch

You going through the whole thing? i was ready for this to end two seasons before it finally did.

... but what do i know i just finished up OZ for the third time :lol

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 03:23 PM
Philly will probably get him. They could sign two max guys easily, then resign Maxey. They probably wont do something like that but they could.

I read that Orlando was gonna throw George an max offer, but I don’t see any reason he wouldn’t go to Philly.

Kblaze8855
05-03-2024, 03:27 PM
I guess depth, or salary relief that makes OG easier to pay.

Randle was pretty easily the weakest all-star this year, so they're not gonna get another all-star level guy for him. Which is really the only kind of trade that would improve their starting lineup.

There's a talent saturation right now. A lot of teams have tradable players that seem valuable on paper but that few other teams on the market really have a place for in their lineup.

Randle will probably be in the next expansion draft if it happens while he's still on this contract.

His contract is like Poetl + like…he’ll I don’t know. Someone you never heard of. He makes role-player plus a nobody money. And with 2 to 4 draft picks as sweetener? You could really do some shopping shopping. There’s nobody who couldn’t afford him even if it was just to hold him for a year and move him themselves.

kentatm
05-03-2024, 03:28 PM

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

The hell are you talking about?

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2024, 04:13 PM
His contract is like Poetl + like…he’ll I don’t know. Someone you never heard of. He makes role-player plus a nobody money. And with 2 to 4 draft picks as sweetener? You could really do some shopping shopping. There’s nobody who couldn’t afford him even if it was just to hold him for a year and move him themselves.

Of course people will take him if youre willing to take back anything they wanna give you.

But Im saying who are you gonna get that makes the Knicks better? You can find guys who may be better than Hart or Hartenstein on paper but it’s hard to see the Knicks risking the current chemistry to replace Hartenstein with Jakob Poetl. What gets them to the next level is another superstar and I dont see Randle fetching that.

Im sure they can get something for Randle but Im not sure it’s anything they need. It will probably be players comparable to the ones they have already.

I did float the idea of a Randle for KAT trade at the deadline, which is a potential upgrade, IF Sota wanted to save money. Which it sounds like the new ownership was planning to look at until Glen Taylor nixed it.

So maybe theyll get lucky and find a KAT level player being given away for salary purposes. But if not, I dont think many teams are giving up pieces the Knicks have an obvious place for, to get Orange Julius back.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2024, 04:18 PM
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

The hell are you talking about?

He was definitely a lil too ball dominant thru out the series. It worked out ok but it still happened.

Philly’s win in game 5 Brunson took every single shot in overtime and made I think one. And they lost.

Barkley was even talking about it in the first couple games of the series. He was definitely a little bit shot happy.

You could argue their offense needs that but if you look at how hart and hartenstein and even anunoby were shooting in this series, they werent exactly cold fish. Divincenzo had a bit of a drought but also some big time games.

Im not saying it was egregious, but probably a little excessive

SATAN
05-03-2024, 08:32 PM
The minute he was traded, your entire premise was factually incorrect. Are you gonna spend 10 years trying to create wiggle room around it because you feel you shouldn’t have been incorrect even though you were? You dying to have it repeated in different words is a weird phenomenon, but not an interesting one. I’m here to give things some thought. When there is nothing left to say there is nothing to think about. If you don’t have it in you to talk about anything else, I have no further reason to acknowledge you.

:roll:

GimmeThat
05-03-2024, 09:09 PM
the Knicks is projected to have 2 1st round picks, and 1 2nd rounder. they beat the sixers with 1 1st round, 1 2nd round, 0 picks in 2025. and all that without Julius Randle.

boy those New Yorkers sure love living off of stimulus checks

bladefd
05-03-2024, 09:28 PM
He will opt out next summer. What's he going to get? Max money or bit less?

GimmeThat
05-03-2024, 09:55 PM
He will opt out next summer. What's he going to get? Max money or bit less?

lets just say only a trans would ask for money back spent on a stripper

Wardell Curry
05-03-2024, 10:23 PM
You were a troll who tried to play some devil advocate shit with “there’s no such thing as a bad contract in the nba”.

Your trolling fell flat on its face and now you dont wanna take your comeuppance

:roll:

imdaman99
05-04-2024, 02:35 AM

I know this is an old post but both advanced to the 2nd round.

Brunson vs Kyrie
Brunson is a better leader, Kyrie might be a better 2nd option since he won't have to create for anyone else. In the end, both are dynamic for their teams and hopefully meet in the finals....lol I'm happy to have him, since Brunson is a dog

Jalen gonna get paid handsomely. He loves it here as well, as he's the king of NY and gets to ball with his college buddies.

GimmeThat
05-04-2024, 02:44 AM
I know this is an old post but both advanced to the 2nd round.

Brunson vs Kyrie
Brunson is a better leader, Kyrie might be a better 2nd option since he won't have to create for anyone else. In the end, both are dynamic for their teams and hopefully meet in the finals....lol I'm happy to have him, since Brunson is a dog

Jalen gonna get paid handsomely. He loves it here as well, as he's the king of NY and gets to ball with his college buddies.

enjoy the butt plug for the entire next round called "in/entrepreneur"

Ramza
05-04-2024, 10:49 AM
enjoy the butt plug for the entire next round called "in/entrepreneur"
Cry some more b1tch :lol

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 11:23 AM

What are you talking about?

This is not hard. One side said it was one of the worst contracts ever and a terrible decision for the Wizards to sign Beal.

The other side said it wouldn't have been dumb to let him walk and tank, but saw the value in signing him to potentially trade him at some point to take on a bad contract and future assets.

Some people on the other side, you, claimed he would be damn near impossible to trade.

We literally, in reality, saw this all play out and the side that said the contract wasn't as bad as it initially looks and that he could be moved....was right. He got moved in less time than anyone even expected and the Wizards got positive value for the contract.

I'm just not sure how much more wrong your side could have been. How good Beal was/is...and how well the Suns do or don't do with him have nothing to do with the debate. It was about the potential harm done to the Wizards by giving him that contract...and the objective answer was precisely 0....and, in fact, they are in a better position currently because they signed him....and they now have the Poole contract that they could absorb another really bad player into that gets hurt or something to get another asset as well.

The only one here being a bitch is you.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Dmavs Actually did the same thing for like four or five years with Otto Porter.

How dare you....

I was right though :cheers: