PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Basketball: How the Celtics shut down Kevin Durant

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2022, 03:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrD5hCP8X6s

Cheers

Baller789
04-23-2022, 03:48 AM
But I thought 7ft Durant was unstoppable?

GimmeThat
04-23-2022, 04:10 AM
they need Durant to take more 3's, as long as they can also make sure they don't give up fast break points to a Celtics team with balanced USG%

better earn his money today

0-3 is basically a death sentence

Indian guy
04-23-2022, 07:53 AM
Notice the amount of physicality Boston's allowed to play with. This has always been the norm in the playoffs. The regular rules just go out the window and refs basically let the teams play for the most part.

GimmeThat
04-23-2022, 07:59 AM
Notice the amount of physicality Boston's allowed to play with. This has always been the norm in the playoffs. The regular rules just go out the window and refs basically let the teams play for the most part.

they've been dropping full grown adults at the fire department as of late, as it's been assumed that firefighters are God, and they are in charge of the refund policy on unsatisfied grown baby

Im Still Ballin
04-23-2022, 08:16 AM
K-Slim's apparent lack of size and strength has always been a chief concern. He once tried to put on some weight but it caused him injuries. I don't think he knew how to properly acquire more mass.

His weight makes him susceptible to physical play, and it limits his 'big-man' ability on defense and offense. His length allows him to be a shot-blocker, but only as a help defender/weak-side presence. He's not able to play that big oak tree role in the middle. Nor can he play like Jokic and backdown smaller men and make easy jump hooks close to the rim.

He's too easy to bump out of position down low. Stout meatball types like Chuck Hayes and Charles Barkley fare much better despite being significantly shorter than KD.

Everything for KD is based on his jump shot and its high release. Take that away from him and he doesn't have a counter. Not many teams can do that -- Boston is the exception.

999Guy
04-23-2022, 08:17 AM
Classic KD. Leaving teammates wide open because he’s shot hunting.

It allllll looks better when he has an MVP lead guard next to him (Curry, Westbrook, Harden), to take pressure off.

Still has Kyrie, still plays dumb.

There’s no adjustment to make here. KD is naturally a level 3 or 4 passer. Boston is way too athletic and smart, and ****ing huge I mean Jesus, to get beat unless they’re facing generational lead creators like LeBron, Luka, Harden, CP3, Jokic.

I would see Curry getting cooked by this defense, and maybe Kawhi too. If you can see two passes ahead(rare), you’d come out of a series like this with your dignity.

999Guy
04-23-2022, 08:24 AM
KD’s PER is 7.9, his TS% is .481, his BPM is NEGATIVE 8.3.

The Brooklyn Nets are 71.9 points WORSE per 48 mins with him on court.

-71.9 net on/off.

2 of these are the worst stats I’ve ever seen on any timeframe. Unreal what’s been done to him.

He’s a disaster on both ends. WOAT level play.

-71.9 net on/off.

2 of these are the worst stats I’ve ever seen on any timeframe. Unreal what’s been done to him.

11 ppg from ft is great but obviously needs to play better

CelticBaller
04-23-2022, 09:24 AM
and we don't even have our 2nd best defender

ImKobe
04-23-2022, 10:35 AM

The reffing has still be inconsistent despite that fact though, on both sides as well. It happens every year and they still can't figure it out. They'll let these guys play hard for 3 quarters and then call the weakest ****ing foul on a shot that ends up deciding a game because of all the review bs, when the defenders have been getting away with those same fouls for the other 46 minutes.

Manny98
04-23-2022, 10:36 AM

-71.9 net on/off.

He will show up in the next two games

He's too good to have 3 bad games in a row

paksat
04-23-2022, 10:56 AM
he's what you expect from this era, if he's hitting shots he's great

if he's not, well idk. zero creation ability of his own that you see from prime wade let alone others.