PDA

View Full Version : There are people who said KD is the best player in the world even though we told them

Mask the Embiid
04-24-2022, 08:47 AM
"He's not that guy"

Even though we told them "its the warriors"

Even though we told them "Kawhi is better" "LeBron is better" "Curry is better"

do you think because of their pride they still think he's the best player in the world?

talent and best are 2 different things. Dame is more talented than Chauncey Billups....but he's not better than him

This is why a lot of us had a huge problem with AD being on the top 75 all time list.... He not one of the best 75 players ever....He's just one of the most talented

do you get it now?

Kat is more talented than tim duncan....but he's not better

John_Connor
04-24-2022, 08:48 AM
durant was the best player from 2014 till last year in the playoffs when his prime ended

do people realize he started in 2008. lebrons the only one who's prime lasts for 40 years from steroids. everyone else has to stop playing well after about a decade

Mask the Embiid
04-24-2022, 08:51 AM
durant was the best player from 2014 till last year in the playoffs when his prime ended

do people realize he started in 2008. lebrons the only one who's prime lasts for 40 years from steroids. everyone else has to stop playing well after about a decade

He was never the best...He was just the most talented and happened to be on the best team in the league

Its just like if u put sequon barkley ([pre injuries) on the rams or something...he would put up stats like he's the best rb in the league because he's the most talented player and just happens to be on the best team....but he wouldnt be the best rb in the league....henry is

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2022, 08:52 AM

:roll::roll::roll:

why did it end, man?

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 08:53 AM
Durant's been the best player in the league for many years.. y'all wanna rewrite history now when he's 33 years old and after going through achilles & knee injuries?

1987_Lakers
04-24-2022, 08:55 AM
Durant's been the best player in the league for many years.. y'all wanna rewrite history now when he's 33 years old and after going through achilles & knee injuries?

:roll:

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 08:58 AM
:roll:

2014, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2021 are clearly his years.. now that he's showing some signs of decline those seasons didn't exist?

NBAGOAT
04-24-2022, 09:01 AM
2014, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2021 are clearly his years.. now that he's showing some signs of decline those seasons didn't exist?

14 lebron, 17-18 lebron and curry but alright ik you’ll disagree with those. How do you not have kawhi in 19 or Giannis in 21??

1987_Lakers
04-24-2022, 09:02 AM

Nobody is trying to rewrite history, he was never the best player from 2014-2018, people around him even said he felt insecure about still being behind LeBron according to media/fans after he won a title in 2017.

He can't win with Kyrie, LeBron could. Deal with it.

RRR3
04-24-2022, 09:03 AM
Anyone who thinks Durant has been better than Curry any season post 2014 is ignorant.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 09:07 AM
Nobody is trying to rewrite history, he was never the best player from 2014-2018, people around him even said he felt insecure about still being behind LeBron according to media/fans after he won a title in 2017.

He could win with Kyrie last year before Kyrie got injured.. and Harden was injured as well, and he was an inch from beating the champs with a worse team.. Funny how you left that one out.

Go back on your other alts and defend your dumb takes, please.

Anyone who thinks Durant has been better than Curry any season post 2014 is ignorant.

So he wasn't better than Curry last year? Are you on meth?

1987_Lakers
04-24-2022, 09:11 AM
He could win with Kyrie last year before Kyrie got injured.. and Harden was injured as well, and he was an inch from beating the champs with a worse team.. Funny how you left that one out.

But he didn't. "Almost" doesn't count.

That's like bragging about "almost" hooking up with a girl from a club. Nobody cares.

Kyrie is a cancer. Deal with it.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 09:16 AM
But he didn't. "Almost" doesn't count.

That's like bragging about "almost" hooking up with a girl from a club. Nobody cares.

Kyrie is a cancer. Deal with it.

Again, we do the thing where he rewrite history based on what players do 5-6 years after the fact. Kyrie was not a cancer in 2016.

John_Connor
04-24-2022, 09:18 AM
He was never the best...He was just the most talented and happened to be on the best team in the league

Its just like if u put sequon barkley ([pre injuries) on the rams or something...he would put up stats like he's the best rb in the league because he's the most talented player and just happens to be on the best team....but he wouldnt be the best rb in the league....henry is

durant was much better prior to this seasons injury. he was being talked about as league mvp. and if his toe wasn't on the line vs the 76ers he wins another title. and if his achilles doesn't explode he wins a 4th title. and if him and kyrie don't skip the bubble they likely make the finals over Miami and he maybe wins a 5th title. so I dunno what you're trying to prove but it's not working. durants playing 1/10th as good as he used to. he's just finished. to judge his career on his downfall is like judging embiid for his past failures prior to finally figuring out how to be a man in his 10th or 20th season. but you and others would always tell us to trust the process and wait. so me and others are giving him his due and judging him at his best. I said the other day he should win league mvp. should I instead judge embiid on his low points and punish him for being a baby his whole life crying like a little b*tch after losing to the raptors. you tell me what's fair

John_Connor
04-24-2022, 09:20 AM

so you think if pre Achilles injury durant had pre psychosis kyrie they couldn't win coming out of the east with their best competition being Lance Stephensons Pacers

1987_Lakers
04-24-2022, 09:27 AM
so you think if pre Achilles injury durant had pre psychosis kyrie they couldn't win coming out of the east with their best competition being Lance Stephensons Pacers

Nope, Kyrie needs LeBron.

Jasper
04-24-2022, 09:29 AM

anytime you truly need a good laugh , just read John Connors.

8Ball
04-24-2022, 10:05 AM
"He's not that guy"

Even though we told them "its the warriors"

Even though we told them "Kawhi is better" "LeBron is better" "Curry is better"

do you think because of their pride they still think he's the best player in the world?

talent and best are 2 different things. Dame is more talented than Chauncey Billups....but he's not better than him

This is why a lot of us had a huge problem with AD being on the top 75 all time list.... He not one of the best 75 players ever....He's just one of the most talented

do you get it now?

Kat is more talented than tim duncan....but he's not better

It is painfully obvious that players that are very good at just iso scoring do not hold a candle to players like LeBron that are great at both iso scoring and playmaking.

Kevin Durant for 3 games in a row is averaging 6 turnovers a game because he doesn't know to put his other players in the right spots to pass out of soft double teams. He isn't high IQ enough. That was always Kobe's blindside.

We were right all along. We were always right.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 10:08 AM
It is painfully obvious that players that are very good at just iso scoring do not hold a candle to players like LeBron that are great at both iso scoring and playmaking.

Kevin Durant for 3 games in a row is averaging 6 turnovers a game because he doesn't know to put his other players in the right spots to pass out of soft double teams. He isn't high IQ enough. That was always Kobe's blindside.

We were right all along. We were always right.

Lebron averaged 5.7 turnovers a game against a worse Boston team. had 5 games of 6+ TOs in that series.

8Ball
04-24-2022, 10:11 AM
Lebron averaged 5.7 turnovers a game against a worse Boston team. had 5 games of 6+ TOs in that series.

Kobe Bryant shot 6-24 vs a Boston team in a game 7.

LeBron was putting up sometimes 8-12 dimes a game in that series. How many assists does Kevin Durant average in this series?

Mask the Embiid
04-24-2022, 10:14 AM
durant was much better prior to this seasons injury. he was being talked about as league mvp. and if his toe wasn't on the line vs the 76ers he wins another title. and if his achilles doesn't explode he wins a 4th title. and if him and kyrie don't skip the bubble they likely make the finals over Miami and he maybe wins a 5th title. so I dunno what you're trying to prove but it's not working. durants playing 1/10th as good as he used to. he's just finished. to judge his career on his downfall is like judging embiid for his past failures prior to finally figuring out how to be a man in his 10th or 20th season. but you and others would always tell us to trust the process and wait. so me and others are giving him his due and judging him at his best. I said the other day he should win league mvp. should I instead judge embiid on his low points and punish him for being a baby his whole life crying like a little b*tch after losing to the raptors. you tell me what's fair

yup pride just wont let em see it....its a shame too

John_Connor
04-24-2022, 11:03 AM

LeBron was putting up sometimes 8-12 dimes a game in that series. How many assists does Kevin Durant average in this series?

there goes Steve again with a dead man's c*ck on his breath

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 11:11 AM

What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about this version of the Celtics. Lebron had a 4-game stretch of shooting 22% against the '08 Celtics in the Playoffs while also turning the ball over 5-6 times a game, but that's not the Tatum/Brown/Smart/Horford Celtics.

tontoz
04-24-2022, 11:17 AM

So he wasn't better than Curry last year? Are you on meth?

:facepalm

Durant didn't even play half the season last year. Curry won a scoring title with a 65% TS and was a MVP finalist. KD wasn't even close to curry last year.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 11:23 AM
:facepalm

Durant didn't even play half the season last year. Curry won a scoring title with a 65% TS and was a MVP finalist. KD wasn't even close to curry last year.

Ok? But the same people saying that KD wasn't better last year also trashed Curry for missing the Playoffs, and used that as an argument to put him below Lebron. Now this year KD played way better than Curry in the RS, but isn't better than Steph because his team doesn't make a Playoff run? Does that make any sense?

j3lademaster
04-24-2022, 11:26 AM
Ok? But the same people saying that KD wasn't better last year also trashed Curry for missing the Playoffs, and used that as an argument to put him below Lebron. Now this year KD played way better than Curry in the RS, but isn't better than Steph because his team doesn't make a Playoff run? Does that make any sense?Yeah, but the Net's playoff run is literally on Durant. If he played C- the first 2 games and like a C+/B- game in g3 they would be up 3-0. KD's team is holding up their end of the deal.

tontoz
04-24-2022, 11:36 AM
Ok? But the same people saying that KD wasn't better last year also trashed Curry for missing the Playoffs, and used that as an argument to put him below Lebron. Now this year KD played way better than Curry in the RS, but isn't better than Steph because his team doesn't make a Playoff run? Does that make any sense?

WTF are you talking about? What has happened this year is irrelevant to what happened last year.

KD missed literally half the season. He has no case over Curry last year. Put him on GS last year and GS would have been way below .500.

This year is a different discussion. KD played more ( but still missed a lot of games) and Curry hit a slump in January. He also cut down on his shot attempts. Curry also missed more games this year.

j3lademaster
04-24-2022, 11:50 AM
WTF are you talking about? What has happened this year is irrelevant to what happened last year.

KD missed literally half the season. He has no case over Curry last year. Put him on GS last year and GS would have been way below .500.

This year is a different discussion. KD played more ( but still missed a lot of games) and Curry hit a slump in January. He also cut down on his shot attempts. Curry also missed more games this year.I think last year is relevant to the question of the thread. Players are often judged on their most recent playoff performance, so since Durant shredded one of the best defenses in the league gave him a lot of clout. I still don't think it's silly to call him the best player in the world at the time.

tontoz
04-24-2022, 11:52 AM
I think last year is relevant to the question of the thread. Players are often judged on their most recent playoff performance, so since Durant shredded one of the best defenses in the league gave him a lot of clout. I still don't think it's silly to call him the best player in the world at the time.

So one playoff series where they lost makes him the best player? I will have to disagree with that.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 11:58 AM

This year is a different discussion. KD played more ( but still missed a lot of games) and Curry hit a slump in January. He also cut down on his shot attempts. Curry also missed more games this year.

No it's not. It's basically the same thing.

If you say that Curry's better this season because of his team/Playoff success, then you have to do the same with KD last year, because that's what happened. Curry didn't make it out of the Play In while Durant put up 34/9/4/2/2 on 63%TS in the Playoffs while taking the current champs to a Game 7 OT.

Durant so far has had the better season. 30/7/6 63.4%TS and a 36 - 19 RS record with him on the court.

Steph needs a good run here and then we can argue Steph over KD for this year. Him abusing the worst team in the Playoffs while his team doesn't even need him to be a starter or play more than 25-30 minutes is not good enough.

tontoz
04-24-2022, 12:05 PM
No it's not. It's basically the same thing.

If you say that Curry's better this season because of his team/Playoff success, then you have to do the same with KD last year, because that's what happened. Curry didn't make it out of the Play In while Durant put up 34/9/4/2/2 on 63%TS in the Playoffs while taking the current champs to a Game 7 OT.

Durant so far has had the better season. 30/7/6 63.4%TS and a 36 - 19 RS record with him on the court.

Steph needs a good run here and then we can argue Steph over KD for this year. Him abusing the worst team in the Playoffs while his team doesn't even need him to be a starter or play more than 25-30 minutes is not good enough.

Dude you are just making stuff up. I never said Curry was better this year. He didn't play as well as last year and missed more games while KD was healthier and played far more games.

Steph also dropped almost 80 points in the two play in games. Let's not forget they lost two starters with a few weeks left in the season in addition to Klay missing the whole season.

I am not going to judge a player based on one playoff series, good or bad.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-24-2022, 12:11 PM
Dunno where Durant ranks among the hierarchy, but being swept is a horrible look.

The 'KD needs a superteam' narrative is in full effect.

j3lademaster
04-24-2022, 12:13 PM
So one playoff series where they lost makes him the best player? I will have to disagree with that.I... honestly can't believe I'm defending KD here.

But it's about body of work. He came off 2 rings, and most likely a 3peat if he didn't get hurt, then injured the year after. The big question is 'can he carry a team that isn't a 73 win frontrunner?' and 2021 made it look like an emphatic 'yes' which validated what he did in Golden State in the eyes of most. Obviously this is happening now, so the pattern doesn't look good for him. besides his golden state years and last season KD's performance has always taken a hit in the playoffs. But are we able to agree that after taking the Bucks to 7 with 49 and 48 point performances made him look like the best player in the world at least for that moment? I mean, you can have Giannis as the best, I think that's more than fine. But KD easily outplayed Giannis in that single series and it wasn't silly to have Durant as bitw.

tontoz
04-24-2022, 12:20 PM
I... honestly can't believe I'm defending KD here.

But it's about body of work. He came off 2 rings, and most likely a 3peat if he didn't get hurt, then injured the year after. The big question is 'can he carry a team that isn't a 73 win frontrunner?' and 2021 made it look like an emphatic 'yes' which validated what he did in Golden State in the eyes of most. Obviously this is happening now, so the pattern doesn't look good for him. besides his golden state years and last season KD's performance has always taken a hit in the playoffs. But are we able to agree that after taking the Bucks to 7 with 49 and 48 point performances made him look like the best player in the world at least for that moment? I mean, you can have Giannis as the best, I think that's more than fine. But KD easily outplayed Giannis in that single series and it wasn't silly to have Durant as bitw.

KD didn't carry the team though. He missed half the season. It was Kyrie and Harden who did the heavy lifting to get them to the 2 seed.

Having a hot playoff series, in a losing effort no less, doesn't change what preceded it. Just like KD getting punk'd against Boston doesn't change what he did during the season to get them to the playoffs.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 12:31 PM
Dude you are just making stuff up. I never said Curry was better this year. He didn't play as well as last year and missed more games while KD was healthier and played far more games.

Steph also dropped almost 80 points in the two play in games. Let's not forget they lost two starters with a few weeks left in the season in addition to Klay missing the whole season.

I am not going to judge a player based on one playoff series, good or bad.

I'm just calling out the double standard here. People will use this 1st round loss to shit on KD for the next 6+ months and invalidate everything he ever did in his career, while Curry missed the POs and didn't get any of that smoke last year outside of some of the Bran trolls on ISH. I get it though, KD is playing with Kyrie and they have Ben Simmons on the bench, so the Nets are everyone's favorite target until they make a Finals run.

It wasn't a direct shot at you either, but I'm already seeing how the Steph crowd is using this series to bury Durant, while they celebrated Curry's season last year despite him missing the Playoffs. I like Steph and KD both so I don't have a dog in that fight either, but it's funny how the two stanbases have all this beef.

imdaman99
04-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Celtics have exposed the Nets stars. They don't create for others like Harden can. They are great scorers and hard to guard but they don't make anyone on their team better. Passing it to Brown for corner 3s is hardly ideal. Seth Curry who is one of the best shooters in the game is a non-factor. He was doing a lot more in Philly.