PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think Ben Simmons is a good player?

Wally450
04-24-2022, 05:11 PM
Seriously

Dude is mentally weak, can’t shoot in an era that is known for shooting.

But but… passing

But but… defense

Dude is a liability and a terrible basketball player.

Kblaze8855
04-24-2022, 05:13 PM
You may be stupid enough to think basketball is shooting or you may not be but it’s a pretty weak troll attempt either way.

SouBeachTalents
04-24-2022, 05:16 PM
OP's usually a pretty good poster, but if serious, this is a really bad take.

Wally450
04-24-2022, 05:29 PM
OP's usually a pretty good poster, but if serious, this is a really bad take.

100% serious on this.

I’ll eat the L if proven otherwise.

But seriously, what does he give you?

What do the Nets gain with a legit healthy return?

Real Men Wear Green
04-24-2022, 05:36 PM
He is a good player when he plays. Elite defender good rebounder and can play point guard. You just have to give him the balk in the paint and base your offense on what he does there. He can't play off the ball.

John_Connor
04-24-2022, 05:39 PM
ben simmons literally does everything but shoot.

he would be great in any other era. but in today's league he can definitely be more of a negative when you need a ball handler that can shoot the 3 or at least get to the line. he doesn't wanna do either so its definitely arguable he's a negative. but only on a team that lacks shooters. if he was on Dallas he would be amazing. but on the Nets he's utterly useless cause they already have a ball handler that can score. he would have to play center to be effective for them

CelticBaller
04-24-2022, 05:50 PM
he's a good player but not worth that contract

LAL
04-24-2022, 05:54 PM
Leave it to the mods if you want to defend lazy ****bois with nothing but ridiculous excuses for his zero work ethic and awful awful attitude as a professional. Still doesn't want to play, wants his money from Philly, and still can't/won't shoot.

Ruled out for game 4.. i would've punched right in his dumb face if i was his teammate, enough of his dumb shit, he's not worth all this babying, no one with this attitude is really.

Real Men Wear Green
04-24-2022, 05:57 PM
Leave it to the mods if you want to defend lazy ****bois with nothing but ridiculous excuses for his zero work ethic and awful awful attitude as a professional. Still doesn't want to play, wants his money from Philly, and still can't/won't shoot.

Ruled out for game 4.. i would've punched right in his dumb face if i was his teammate, enough of his dumb shit, he's not worth all this babying, no one with this attitude is really.

How am I defending him? Go punch him in the face ans see what happens.

j3lademaster
04-24-2022, 05:58 PM
Define "good"? He's definitely not a star. He's probably more of a Draymond level player- much more talented in terms of basketball ability, but lacks his leadership and intangibles(Simmons seems like a lockerroom negative).

Spurs m8
04-24-2022, 06:01 PM
You'll find out next season, op

LAL
04-24-2022, 06:06 PM
How am I defending him? Go punch him in the face ans see what happens.

Way too soft on him, he's ruled out of game 4 after all his bullshit being disrespectful and insecure like a little girl, out there collecting millions doing nothing and all you mods can talk about right now is his qualities and him playing in the right situation with the right team... he doesn't want to play with his new team?

An absolute joke of a person and player. And i would get sued probably if i punched him, who tf do you think he is?

Real Men Wear Green
04-24-2022, 06:11 PM
Way too soft on him, he's ruled out of game 4 after all his bullshit being disrespectful and insecure like a little girl, out there collecting millions doing nothing and all you mods can talk about right now is his qualities and him playing in the right situation with the right team... he doesn't want to play with his new team?

An absolute joke of a person and player. And i would get sued probably if i punched him, who tf do you think he is?

The question of the topic is what makes him a good player. Can you read? Now go punch him in the face. I guarantee you wouldn't get sued you're not worth his time. Be the tough guy you so clearly are.

LAL
04-24-2022, 06:15 PM
The question of the topic is what makes him a good player. Can you read? Now go punch him in the face. I guarantee you wouldn't get sued you're not worth his time. Be the tough guy you so clearly are.

Fair enough, my bad. But still.. **** that clown.

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2022, 06:20 PM
It's obviously hyperbole to say he "doesnt give you anything" but I'll agree with OP that he feels overrated to me.

I dont care about regular season track meet results. In the playoffs, mental toughness and winning attitude are a really big thing.

He aint it. So to me, who cares what kind of highlight blocks he can throw up in the regular season.

I dont want him when it counts. And I dont care about when it doesnt.

ImKobe
04-24-2022, 06:42 PM
People who actually believe that he's not a good player don't know basketball. We can meme his choke against the Hawks but he's still a top 20 player despite all his flaws.

Spurs m8
04-24-2022, 06:51 PM
I've said it many times on here, but he's exactly what the Nets need.

If they gel, they ring....its that simple

Akeem34TheDream
04-24-2022, 06:52 PM
He is like an improved Lamar Odom

Real Men Wear Green
04-24-2022, 06:53 PM

He hasn't played all season. He was supposed to but will not play tomorrow. It's time to let go.

Spurs m8
04-24-2022, 07:08 PM
He hasn't played all season. He was supposed to but will not play tomorrow. It's time to let go.

I meant next season...sorry.

This season is a write off

Real Men Wear Green
04-24-2022, 07:13 PM
I meant next season...sorry.

This season is a write off

I am also talking about next session. I have no faith in this guy. Last off-season I was hoping the Cs could deal Kemba Walker and a bunch of assets for him but after seeing him force his way out and still refuse to play I can't believe in this dude regardless of his talent. I am not sure what is going on in his head but I am quite sure that Brooklyn will regret having to figure it out.

CelticBaller
04-24-2022, 07:16 PM

they'll never get a ring as long as they don't play defense

dont expect ben to carry the defensive load

oldtimer28
04-24-2022, 07:22 PM
great player despite his flaws!

winner ? good teammate? Role Model ? Highly doubtful at this point. l hoped Mills would be a good influence.

Spurs m8
04-24-2022, 08:51 PM
I'll stand by my words.

I think his play making and D is exactly what the Nets need.

He will reset over the off-season and come out firing

fourkicks44
04-24-2022, 09:03 PM
I'll stand by my words.

I think his play making and D is exactly what the Nets need.

He will reset over the off-season and come out firing

The thing is we have been optimistic and hoping/expecting this every year of his career.

It has never happened and there is nothing to indicate that it ever will.

John8204
04-24-2022, 09:52 PM
2017 - 2018 - 52-30
2018 - 2019 - 51-31
2019 - 2020 - 43-30
2020 - 2021 - 49-23

3 All-Star seasons in 4 playing seasons, and solid winning records so "good" seems "fair" to me I have to see him be "bad"

PP34Deuce
04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
Durant doesn't Have the motor to iso all game. Boston is s really good team this year.

Nets are joe harris..ben simmons away from being a great team. Ben literally can and would be the pg and playmaker.

FultzNationRISE
04-25-2022, 01:30 AM
Durant doesn't Have the motor to iso all game. Boston is s really good team this year.

Nets are joe harris..ben simmons away from being a great team. Ben literally can and would be the pg and playmaker.

Not the way either of those guys played in last year's playoffs....

iamgine
04-25-2022, 01:31 AM
Well when he plays he usually impacted the team positively.

BarberSchool
04-25-2022, 01:32 AM
Imagine a 2024 where Ben Simmons is above 40% from 3, like Lonzo Ball.

Axe
04-25-2022, 06:25 AM
He says he'll be sitting out in game 4 after waking up with 'back soreness'. Talk about alibis. :yaohappy:

HighFlyer23
04-25-2022, 11:15 AM
You aren't a great anything if you're scared to perform

And that goes beyond basketball or sports

warriorfan
04-25-2022, 06:02 PM
He’s a good player but you need a specific roster around him to succeed which makes it more tough. If you were able to pull it off though it could be an effective team.

999Guy
04-25-2022, 07:52 PM
People really need to think of him as a big man.

Anthony Davis is more of a guard than him.

He gets all his assists in transition. In half court he literally plays like a combo of Clint Capela and Draymond Green.

Also, he’s clearly a role player. Or good NBA starter kind of guy. Not a star.