PDA

View Full Version : Nets weren't able to come together as a cohesive unit

FKAri
04-26-2022, 12:56 PM
A team can't rely on flipping a switch. A former championship team can get away with it and even then it's not a guarantee but a team that has never had a history of being a cohesive unit can't. The changing lineups in the regular season hurt the team. The defense never came online. Though even with time I doubt it comes close to Boston's. Maybe the leadership can be called into question as well. Both among the players as well as the coaching staff.

Board is filled with narratives of people relishing in the failure of KD or Kyrie vs those emotionally defending them. But at the end of the day the more well oiled machine won. The better team won.

bison
04-26-2022, 01:05 PM
Hopefully the era of slapping random stars together to win collusion rings is dead now. It's too risky to rely on star power anymore since all it takes is one injury to throw a team's chemistry off course. The best teams this season--memphis, gsw, bucks and suns--prove that growing organic cores and having roster depth is not only the way to success, but also the best suited to navigate injuries throughout the course of a season since you know they're gonna happen at this point. Sadly my Lakers are stuck with Bron ball for another two years probably :facepalm:

FultzNationRISE
04-26-2022, 01:07 PM
Im not buying it.

Kyrie and KD have to make shots because if theyre not, what do they provide at a higher level than all the other players in these playoffs? This is not about chemistry or lack of cohesion. This is what the Nets planned to do. It just didnt work.

You dont add KI/KD for their intangibles, leadership, rebounding, playmaking, defense.

If theyre not taking a ton of shots... youre straight up turning them into overall liabilities.

The whole idea here was that theyll take turns “never missing” and that will carry an otherwise empty shell of a team to glory. It was obviously never gonna work, but the hype and fantasy had most basketball fans actually believing a Nets chip was the most probable outcome :roll:

Nets fans, I can understand. Homers are always irrationally optimistic. Whats weird to me is how many people outside the Nets saw this as a good bet. How on Earth did people think Harden, Durant, and Irving was a winning combination!?? Three of the softest nutcases in the league, with no leadership around them.

“Sounds like a championship to me!”

:facepalm

FultzNationRISE
04-26-2022, 01:08 PM
Hopefully the era of slapping random stars together to win collusion rings is dead now. It's too risky to rely on star power anymore since all it takes is one injury to throw a team's chemistry off course. The best teams this season--memphis, gsw, bucks and suns--prove that growing organic cores and having roster depth is not only the way to success, but also the best suited to navigate injuries throughout the course of a season since you know they're gonna happen at this point. Sadly my Lakers are stuck with Bron ball for another two years probably :facepalm:

Hopefully the era of overrating stars is over (altho Im sure it isnt).

Every guy who scores 25 a game is not an elite NBA superstar.

A lot of fans dont know this because ESPN tells them it is.

AlternativeAcc.
04-26-2022, 03:36 PM
Im not buying it.

Kyrie and KD have to make shots because if theyre not, what do they provide at a higher level than all the other players in these playoffs? This is not about chemistry or lack of cohesion. This is what the Nets planned to do. It just didnt work.

You dont add KI/KD for their intangibles, leadership, rebounding, playmaking, defense.

If theyre not taking a ton of shots... youre straight up turning them into overall liabilities.

The whole idea here was that theyll take turns “never missing” and that will carry an otherwise empty shell of a team to glory. It was obviously never gonna work, but the hype and fantasy had most basketball fans actually believing a Nets chip was the most probable outcome :roll:

Nets fans, I can understand. Homers are always irrationally optimistic. Whats weird to me is how many people outside the Nets saw this as a good bet. How on Earth did people think Harden, Durant, and Irving was a winning combination!?? Three of the softest nutcases in the league, with no leadership around them.

“Sounds like a championship to me!”

:facepalm
But you yourself said they might **** around and win the title

Just take the L bro. People will forget in like 2 days

Airupthere
04-26-2022, 03:41 PM
The Nets were in a play-in spot for a reason.

FultzNationRISE
04-26-2022, 03:54 PM
But you yourself said they might **** around and win the title

Just take the L bro. People will forget in like 2 days

I said their talent made a title a possibility, and I said it as a preface to the point that most people had way too much confidence in them as a sure thing.

j3lademaster
04-26-2022, 04:39 PM
It's not just that they got swept, it's Kyrie saying they don't need a coach, and playing terribly when the roleplayers kept you in the game. If KD brought C- games for the first 2 they would have been up 2-0. If KD played like Luka or Jokic right now and lost that's a totally different story.

And as far as relishing in their defeat? I mean they're entertainers being paid a lot of money. No one is attacking KD's family or friends or who he is off the court, he's literally only getting shit for his job performance. How is that unfair?

SATAN
04-26-2022, 08:09 PM
A team can't rely on flipping a switch. A former championship team can get away with it and even then it's not a guarantee but a team that has never had a history of being a cohesive unit can't. The changing lineups in the regular season hurt the team. The defense never came online. Though even with time I doubt it comes close to Boston's. Maybe the leadership can be called into question as well. Both among the players as well as the coaching staff.

Board is filled with narratives of people relishing in the failure of KD or Kyrie vs those emotionally defending them. But at the end of the day the more well oiled machine won. The better team won.

Ok but KD and Kyrie DID still choke in the first round. If people are going to pretend KD is the best player in the league they need to stop making excuses for him.

FKAri
04-26-2022, 09:16 PM
It's not just that they got swept, it's Kyrie saying they don't need a coach, and playing terribly when the roleplayers kept you in the game. If KD brought C- games for the first 2 they would have been up 2-0. If KD played like Luka or Jokic right now and lost that's a totally different story.

And as far as relishing in their defeat? I mean they're entertainers being paid a lot of money. No one is attacking KD's family or friends or who he is off the court, he's literally only getting shit for his job performance. How is that unfair?

I'm not saying it's unfair. Just that we're ignoring how important it is for a team to be in sync if they're going to make any noise in the playoffs. I'm not denying that KD and Kyrie played poorly individually.