PDA

View Full Version : Could Kyrie be the next player to quit the nba and join an African tribe?

AirBonner
04-28-2022, 07:56 PM
He seems to be going down that OJ Mayo path

FultzNationRISE
04-28-2022, 08:13 PM
Lets hope so.

Foster5k
04-28-2022, 08:15 PM
Basketball seems like an afterthought to Kyrie.

He got his money from basketball and all of a sudden says it's not the most important thing in his life. That's quite convenient.

Maybe he read some books from his local library on human history or social justice and wants to change the world in some form or fashion to whatever degree he can. I can respect that.

However, I haven't seen any inclination from his thoughts outside the court that makes me presume he'll accomplish any meaningful task.

There's a lot of people trying to make a difference in the world for the better. Maybe Kyrie can do the same and maybe he will have a positive impact.

I just think right now his mind isn't clear enough or mature enough to set forth on such a feat. He seems very self centered and sometimes comes off as a spoiled brat. It's always I, I, I. When things doesn't go his way, he points fingers at the media and fans or blames racism. Maybe he takes himself too serious. I don't know. He just seems to not be all the way there mentally to really have that positive impact that he might be looking for.

Either way, I wish him the best. When it comes to basketball, who knows. If I'm the Nets, I'm trying to figure out a trade.

WhiteKyrie
04-29-2022, 02:47 AM

He got his money from basketball and all of a sudden says it's not the most important thing in his life. That's quite convenient.

Maybe he read some books from his local library on human history or social justice and wants to change the world in some form or fashion to whatever degree he can. I can respect that.

However, I haven't seen any inclination from his thoughts outside the court that makes me presume he'll accomplish any meaningful task.

There's a lot of people trying to make a difference in the world for the better. Maybe Kyrie can do the same and maybe he will have a positive impact.

I just think right now his mind isn't clear enough or mature enough to set forth on such a feat. He seems very self centered and sometimes comes off as a spoiled brat. It's always I, I, I. When things doesn't go his way, he points fingers at the media and fans or blames racism. Maybe he takes himself too serious. I don't know. He just seems to not be all the way there mentally to really have that positive impact that he might be looking for.

Either way, I wish him the best. When it comes to basketball, who knows. If I'm the Nets, I'm trying to figure out a trade.
Unfortunately, yes.

Mr. Woke
04-29-2022, 03:22 AM

Your take is misguided.

If basketball were really an afterthought for him, he would have played worse this season. However, when he was available he played well for the most part.

Foster5k
04-29-2022, 03:54 AM
Your take is misguided.

If basketball were really an afterthought for him, he would have played worse this season. However, when he was available he played well for the most part.

That's the problem. He wasn't available for a lot of games. Kyrie missed games because he didn't want to take the COVID vaccine and because of the capital riot. He ultimately became unreliable and a distraction to the team. All of this created a seemingly breaking point for the Nets.

If someone says they are fully committed to basketball but misses a lot of games, one has to question their commitment. Logically, Kyrie pretty much proved basketball is not his main priority. It's an afterthought to him at this point in his career.

Kyrie was self centered and acted like a spoiled brat throughout the season. When he gets called out on it, he deflects to racism or pointing fingers at the media and fans. He doesn't want to be held accountable for anything.

Kyrie seemingly always thinks he's right. Unfortunately, just like he believed the Earth was flat, he's wrong as usual.

GrayGoat
04-29-2022, 12:59 PM
What tribe will want Kyrie their hunting and pulling his weight half the time? :coleman: