PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is going to surpass Kobe in the next 3 years

Lebron23
04-29-2022, 06:25 PM
He already have more regular season MVP, and Kobe only have 1 more finals MVP than Him. The Late Kobe Bryant was also a terrible finals performer. the worst among the top 15 players of all time.

Full Court
04-29-2022, 06:29 PM
There's a chance he will. We'll have to see how the next three years play out.

FultzNationRISE
04-29-2022, 06:32 PM
It’s an interesting prediction Louie.

We’ll see what happens.

John_Connor
04-29-2022, 06:32 PM
I'm OK with that. he's on a goat trajectory and would have 3 mvps by now if it wasn't for the media trying to keep him from catching lebron

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2022, 06:35 PM
It doesn't look good for him this year unfortunately with Middleton out against Boston. Certainly not an impossible task, but it'll take a real herculean effort for him to beat Boston without his 2nd option available.

But yeah, if Giannis manages to put together another 5+ years of dominant play, wins another title or two, he'll be right there in the top 10 discussion.

ImKobe
04-29-2022, 07:09 PM
3 years? Is he going to 3-Peat in this time frame?

Y'all do realize that Kobe was the best clutch player in the league in the early '00s while being an elite 2-way player, and also dragged a mediocre Lakers' squad to 3 straight Finals while winning B2B without having an ATG team in the toughest WC in NBA history.

1987_Lakers
04-29-2022, 07:25 PM
In 5 years Kobe might not even be top 15.

LeCola
04-29-2022, 07:25 PM
He can surpass Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Curry (Actually all players except Jordan) if he wins 4 rings in 3 years. We can discuss about being GOAT...

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2022, 07:36 PM

Y'all do realize that Kobe was the best clutch player in the league in the early '00s while being an elite 2-way player, and also dragged a mediocre Lakers' squad to 3 straight Finals while winning B2B without having an ATG team in the toughest WC in NBA history.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrandSevereDiscus-max-1mb.gif

Wally450
04-29-2022, 08:06 PM

:oldlol:

8Ball
04-29-2022, 08:29 PM

Never forget:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_w4PgpXkAI4HrC.jpg

8Ball
04-29-2022, 08:30 PM
He already have more regular season MVP, and Kobe only have 1 more finals MVP than Him. The Late Kobe Bryant was also a terrible finals performer. the worst among the top 15 players of all time.

Giannis had a higher peak for sure.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-29-2022, 09:13 PM
If he wins a finals mvp he will pass him this year, especially no Middleton.

That would be more MVPS, more dominance and equal finals mvps

Shooter
04-29-2022, 09:41 PM
Kobe has very little over Giannis besides longevity, the one thing they hold against LeBron.

Well, well well...

HoopologyPhD
04-30-2022, 01:47 PM
Big deal, my 5 year old son will surpass OP's height in the next 3 years.

AlternativeAcc.
04-30-2022, 02:12 PM
He surpassed Kobe last year.

Dominant MVP, dominant finals better than anything Kobe ever had. Better at every aspect of the game... scoring, passing, defense, everything. Kobe won zero MVPs and got carried to most of his titles. He's Derek Jeter without the clutch moments.

Meticode
04-30-2022, 02:13 PM
I think he's going to need at LEAST two more rings and FMVPs to do that, but I don't put it past him. The thing about Giannis is he didn't run from the pressure of taking on the full load on his shoulders like LeBron or Durant did. He hunkered down, did the old "stay with the team that drafted you" routine and led the Bucks there and overcame the doubters saying he didn't have an outside shot, or couldn't make freethrows.

Giannis is one of the only players left that have the old school mentality of working hard and playing harder. Not that it means anything, but he's got much more respect from me doing what he's done in his career with Milwaukee than saying going to a Los Angeles, or a Miami or a Brooklyn and teaming up and doing it there.

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:02 PM
In 5 years Kobe might not even be top 15.

kobe will be top 5 on most player/fan lists forever.. Kobes already out of the top 10 for you and realgm poster voted lists due to bias and alts and he will drop out of the top 20 the time most guys retire from this era for you people. but thankfully you will all die some day and are only visible to a few dozen people while everyone else will be replaced and still show the proper amount of love and respect for one of the top 3 names on the history of the sport that also died prematurely in a horrific accident that will keep him relevant for decades to come while other guys like lebron will fall victim to old age and be dismissed soon after retirement due to not having any eye catching appealing highlights. he will be duncan/Kareem/wilt with less rings or records.

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 03:09 PM
kobe will be top 5 on most player/fan lists forever..

In terms of popularity? Maybe, but so is Iverson, doesn't mean anything.

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:10 PM
In terms of popularity? Maybe, but so is Iverson, doesn't mean anything.

Iverson is only on one players top 5 list. kobes on almost all of them for every player since the 80s

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 03:16 PM
Iverson is only on one players top 5 list. kobes on almost all of them for every player since the 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RS9VhThNWg

It's over. Time to move on.

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:18 PM
this is why kobes legacy will only grow while lebrons will only slip over time

every year from now till the end of the nba kobe has

- death anniversary ( January 26th )
- mamba day ( August 24th )
- Allstar MVP ( February 20th )
- his birthday ( August 23rd )

and every year on these days the nba and sports shows will do something for him.

and the oy time lebron will ever have his name mentioned again is when luka passes him in career scoring

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RS9VhThNWg

It's over. Time to move on.

if you truly believed anything you say you wouldn't have 1000 alts on here all day every day crying about Kobe for 15 years

with zero context of course lebron is ahead of kobe but there's a reason most players and fans still have kobe ahead. we know how lebron got his accomplishments

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 03:23 PM
if you truly believed anything you say you wouldn't have 1000 alts on here all day every day crying about Kobe for 15 years

The funny thing is, nobody here even talks about Kobe when you are not posting here, they bring him up to troll you. You are the only one who cares about him.

This isn't 2009 anymore, Kobe is forgotten.

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2022, 03:26 PM

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000198400864-wmdsxy-t500x500.jpg

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2022, 03:29 PM
I think he's going to need at LEAST two more rings and FMVPs to do that, but I don't put it past him. The thing about Giannis is he didn't run from the pressure of taking on the full load on his shoulders like LeBron or Durant did. He hunkered down, did the old "stay with the team that drafted you" routine and led the Bucks there and overcame the doubters saying he didn't have an outside shot, or couldn't make freethrows.

Giannis is one of the only players left that have the old school mentality of working hard and playing harder. Not that it means anything, but he's got much more respect from me doing what he's done in his career with Milwaukee than saying going to a Los Angeles, or a Miami or a Brooklyn and teaming up and doing it there.

lmao what

why

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:36 PM
The funny thing is, nobody here even talks about Kobe when you are not posting here, they bring him up to troll you. You are the only one who cares about him.

This isn't 2009 anymore, Kobe is forgotten.

you and all your alts do nothing but talk about Kobe and the reason why other people don't is because they're too busy laughing at lebrons failures. and I've said before that I'm the only Kobe fan left here cause I had to fight through being banned 500 times by you and other morons running this place and we were completely wiped out on realgm because saying anything that mimmicks the majority of fans and players is "trolling" but you can quote legit paid trolls like nick Wright. people got sick of the censorship and propaganda/fake polls/trashing Kobe every day and spamming every thread.

and age is also a huge factor. I'm 38 and never got married and never had kids. most Kobe fans are my age and moved on from sports which is why the nba lost a ton of ratings. lebrons banana boat era turned off a lot of classic nba fans that followed Kobe from day 1. and then there's the cool factor. stat nerds make up most of the online communities and people with lives don't like posting on message boards. and lebron fans are mostly younger doomers and post millennials that don't get out very much. I didn't work for a long time so even while getting g out and partying I still had a ton of down time. I'm a very rare version of a Kobe fan. there's really only one hardcore jordan fan left too and he's been banned a bunch as well just for doing what you do all day every day.

you might be able to suffocate the voices of reality in your little imagination land to help you sleep at night and maybe that's why you won't let this place die. bit it's an illusion. it's not reality. but feel free to make another top 50 list in a few months whenever you need something to help keep you from pulling that trigger.

btw.. what do you do for a living

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 03:44 PM
and age is also a huge factor. I'm 38 and never got married and never had kids. most Kobe fans are my age and moved on from sports which is why the nba lost a ton of ratings. lebrons banana boat era turned off a lot of classic nba fans that followed Kobe from day 1. and then there's the cool factor. stat nerds make up most of the online communities and people with lives don't like posting on message boards. and lebron fans are mostly younger doomers and post millennials that don't get out very much. I didn't work for a long time so even while getting g out and partying I still had a ton of down time. I'm a very rare version of a Kobe fan. there's really only one hardcore jordan fan left too and he's been banned a bunch as well just for doing what you do all day every day.

Nah, this place is still flooded with MJ fans/defenders. The decline of Kobe fans on here has little to do with them just having a life, they just accepted he's an overrated chucker who is a tier below MJ & LeBron.

Dude didn't even make our top 10 list, I have never seen a player go from most popular to almost irrelevant on a forum like Kobe did on here.

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:50 PM
Nah, this place is still flooded with MJ fans/defenders. The decline of Kobe fans on here has little to do with them just having a life, they just accepted he's an overrated chucker who is a tier below MJ & LeBron.

Dude didn't even make our top 10 list, I have never seen a player go from most popular to almost irrelevant on a forum like Kobe did on here.

90% of the people defending mj here never watched mj live. only 3ball defends him really. other guys just say he's the goat and like someone else more like myself .. I barely saw any of MJ. just his last 4 years with Chicago really. people who post here aren't much older than I am and if they are they're really old and their families grew up and moved away or left them

but the majority of people my age have better things to do with their time. most Kobe fans stopped watching basketball when lebron won with Miami in 2012 and destriyed the competitive nature of the game. most people from my era can't stand today's version of basketball if you can even call it basketball anymore. the nba used to have 20 million to 30 million viewers at its peak and now it's just a few million. your guy left the league in a worse place. that's the main reason he will never be looked at like jordan or kobe is among the majority of old school fans

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:57 PM
I mean just look at the effect the lebron era had one this place. this place would have 20 posters tops without alts.

when kobe was dominating the league there was like 300 posters regularly on here every day

so your own idol was the death of your own message board. pathetic

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 03:59 PM
90% of the people defending mj here never watched mj live. only 3ball defends him really. other guys just say he's the goat and like someone else more like myself .. I barely saw any of MJ. just his last 4 years with Chicago really. people who post here aren't much older than I am and if they are they're really old and their families grew up and moved away or left them

If Kobe was a great as you say he is "top 5", you would see him still get discussed here pretty frequently. 3ball isn't the only MJ stan, there are tons of them, why do you see people comparing LeBron to MJ all the time and not Kobe? Because nobody can come up with an argument to why Kobe is better than LeBron without being laughed out of the room.

Fun fact, the game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals was the most watched NBA game since 1998.

Kobe's most watched game ever was game 7 of 2010 and he shot 6/24.

:roll:

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 04:16 PM
If Kobe was a great as you say he is "top 5", you would see him still get discussed here pretty frequently. 3ball isn't the only MJ stan, there are tons of them, why do you see people comparing LeBron to MJ all the time and not Kobe? Because nobody can come up with an argument to why Kobe is better than LeBron without being laughed out of the room.

Fun fact, the game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals was the most watched NBA game since 1998.

Kobe's most watched game ever was game 7 of 2010 and he shot 6/24.

:roll:

like I said kobe fans are my age and all have families now and moved on or got sick of the new version of basketball. I can't really stand it either but I force myself to watch it cause I have a ton of free time on my hands. but most 38 year olds have other things to do than talk about athletes from a decade ago

and also like I just said in the post above yours there's a huge drop off of posters here. like 80% or more compared to a decade ago when every thread had tons of kobe fans that basically carried this place. they're all gone except me. that doesn't mean they all stopped liking kobe. they stopped liking basketball and talking about it cause it wasn't relevant to them anymore. you're confusing me with the average kobe fan. I'm not average. I'm unique. I have all the time and patience in the world and I'm wealthy and can handle a 1 on 20 altercation. I'm uniquely gifted at debating and not needing a bunch of alts to agree with me like you do with every thread. you feel vulnerable if you don't sign into 2 or 3 other names and quote yourself. I don't have those insecurities

most people here believe it or not are just about what's going on right now. what little people are left posting on ISH are embiid fans or kawhi fans or Trae fans or luka fans or durant and kyrie fans or giannis fans etc.. there's not many of them but that's who we have now. and I know it makes you upset that we all trash lebron and mock him so you twist it into an idea that it elevates lebron to a higher status than Jordan or kobe cause people actually respect those guys. but it's only because lebrons still playing. when he's gone people won't bother with him much anymore unless you keep flooding the board with useless topics under your Westbrookfan alt. but I notice you keep me around here for a reason. you won't let me leave and I know why. it's because I'm one of the only people that will give you the time of day anymore. most people are sick of you and your trash posts. I however can talk about almost anything and any player. you need kobe/shaq/lebron discussions though. it's all you care about cause you're living in the past and won't move on. you never grew up. you have a child's mind. I feel sorry for you. it's time to get a new favorite player or team or sport. something. I care more about luka than Kobe now

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 04:22 PM
I care more about luka than Kobe now

The same Luka who you said played similar to LeBron? :lol

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 04:29 PM
The same Luka who you said played similar to LeBron? :lol

I never said that and if I did it was after a game that infuriated me where he choked. most of the time when he's awesome he plays like a mix of kobe/bird

lebrons not nearly as good a bad shot maker as luka

lebron doesn't have the touch around the basket/in the paint with both hands for floaters/hooks/leaners

lebron doesn't invite contact and do back downs and spins and counters and pivots and pump fakes and look for ways to get to the line like Luka

lebron doesnt have anywhere near the contested shot making ability or the drive to score first and pass 2nd late in games

luka is polished and fundamental. lebron never was

this is all kobe/bird stuff.. if you wanna say luka has a usage rate like lebrons ok. or maybe lebron has the passing ability. but aside from that they're completely different players. lebron with Lukas athleticism would be in last place and out of the league

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 04:31 PM
I never said that and if I did it was after a game that infuriated me where he choked. most of the time when he's awesome he plays like a mix of kobe/bird

You said it, you even made a thread about it.

Imagine being a Kobe stan then stanning LeBron's clone. :roll:

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 04:33 PM
You said it, you even made a thread about it.

Imagine being a Kobe stan then stanning LeBron's clone. :roll:

giannis is more of a lebron clone. just being a scoring playmaker doesn't mean you're like lebron. Kobe was a scoring playmaker that just focused more on scoring. bit he was the Lakers ball handler and top assist guy every year. Lukas more about skills and fundamentals than just being a big roid monkey that jumps over guys. when has lebron ever had the mid range or tricks luka has

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 04:39 PM
this is a kobe/bird mix

https://youtu.be/n4l0tWFoQ4Y

this is a lebron mix

https://youtu.be/0USzJs9agOk

LeGoat4Life
04-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Giannis has the potential to pass goatbe

Giannis general consensus already pass Lebron last year

Have to wait and see what the Greek freak does