PDA

View Full Version : Zion Williamson's Role and Place on Pels Next Year?

jlip
04-30-2022, 12:20 PM
Assuming he comes back healthy and in shape...

In the 2021 season, Zion appeared to be the best player on the team with Ingram being at best a 1b. With Ingram's growth and performance in the playoffs this year and the veteran presence of McCullum who is a 20+ppg scorer, what do you expect Zion's role and place on the Pelicans to be if he comes back healthy and in shape?

FKAri
04-30-2022, 12:35 PM
Motivational Speaker

FultzNationRISE
04-30-2022, 12:56 PM
I think he’ll mostly play the role of a finisher.

At the end of team meals, whatever is left on guys’ plates he’ll be available and ready to finish with exceptional precision and consistency.

But as far as his basketball role, I have no idea.

SATAN
04-30-2022, 01:03 PM
Zion has far more potential than BI shot jacker dripper ever had. If Zion is healthy he should be the guy again going forward. I know they can make it work as it was already happening before. BI shot jacking ballhog will get 20 points per still and be back out of all star selection where he belongs.

HylianNightmare
04-30-2022, 01:21 PM
Getting traded

CelticBaller
04-30-2022, 01:39 PM
Healthy Zion is the perfect player alongside BI. Imagine a pick and roll with those two as either ball handler.

Put him at PF and he will feast

FultzNationRISE
04-30-2022, 02:04 PM
Healthy Zion is the perfect player alongside BI. Imagine a pick and roll with those two as either ball handler.

Put him at PF and he will feast

Yeah, pretty much. It almost flies under the radar how good Zion actually is when he's on the court.

The big question - aside from health - is whether Ingram embraces a diminished role or not. If he's willing to play whatever way is best for the team, it feels like the sky is pretty much the limit for this group. If he tries to force it by gunning for certain stat lines or a certain amount of shots, obviously it's a problem.

But otherwise they're a pretty complete team. Assuming no major injuries next year (which is never a safe assumption) they should be thinking second round at minimum.

r0drig0lac
04-30-2022, 06:33 PM
with him, the new look Pelicans are one of the best teams in the league, and he's their best player.

PP34Deuce
05-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Healthy zion brings offensive fluidity 25ppg and bad defense.

BI would need to embrace picking his spots and playing smart

Derka
05-01-2022, 03:33 PM
On the bench eating Krispy Kreme’s.

ImKobe
05-01-2022, 03:52 PM
1a/1b with BI. CJ moves to 3rd option.

90sgoat
05-01-2022, 05:22 PM
Definitely trade him.

To Lakers, for AD.

No, but for real, trade him while his value is still high. The man has an eating disorder and if he is vaccinated I would fear for his health.

Pels have a nice team, just need a defensive stopper or two.

BarberSchool
05-01-2022, 06:15 PM
I called this while he was at Duke.
I said:
“We better get a dunk contest or two out of Zion, before his career ending series of knee injuries.”

Sometimes, I hate being so MF right, so often.

Zion’s career legacy will be:

Fat guy in street clothes cheering on his non-obese teammates.

Im so nba'd out
05-01-2022, 06:17 PM
zion shot like 60% from the field and rolled over and averaged like 28 ppg @ 20 years old.....wtf do you mean what is his roll on the team....he will be the fking guy on whatever team he plays on... and thats 27 ppg in 33 mpg....and not a legit 33 mins...were talking about 33 mins where he was probably dead tired so lets say 29 real mpg + on a team where players didn't know their roles/place, so they would do way too much.... So that makes it even more impressive because he had less rythm touches. He did that about 40 pounds overweight btw.....

:oldlol: wtf is wrong with yall sometimes?

Zion is the most talented player in the league....even over giannis... and its not even remotely close.....

BarberSchool
05-01-2022, 06:19 PM
zion shot like 60% from the field and rolled over and averaged like 28 ppg.....wtf do you mean what is his roll on the team....he will be the fking guy on whatever team he plays on...

:oldlol: wtf is wrong with yall sometimes?Son weighed over 350lbs while on IR this season. He’s not even 6’7” barefoot. He’s knock-kneed. His knees are already 30+years old, in terms of cellular integrity and structure, son.

ZionDunks
05-02-2022, 01:43 AM
The lack of pride he has is sickening

ZionDunks
05-02-2022, 01:44 AM
Guy literally got the league mandated vaccine booster to fly around from city to city and eat