PDA

View Full Version : Has an all star franchise player ever played as badly as Trae Young in the playoff?

iamgine
04-30-2022, 02:47 PM
15-5-6

31.9 FG%

18.4 3P%

6.2 TO

This has got to be the worst of all time playoff performance by an all star franchise player right?

Iverson is rolling in his sleep.

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 02:55 PM
it took an all time great total team effort and injuries to the Hawks in order to do that. if he had even one other star player to take some pressure off him I think he plays better. he was off too and rushing shots. I think it was just a perfect storm. the heat could very well win the title. them or boston who also made a star look foolish. the heat and Celtics are built like the 2004 pistons or 2008 Celtics. it's rare teams work so well collectively on defense

3ba11
04-30-2022, 02:57 PM
it took an all time great total team effort and injuries to the Hawks in order to do that. if he had even one other star player to take some pressure off him I think he plays better. he was off too and rushing shots. I think it was just a perfect storm. the heat could very well win the title. them or boston who also made a star look foolish. the heat and Celtics are built like the 2004 pistons or 2008 Celtics. it's rare teams work so well collectively on defense

Jordan had all the attention on him without Pippen, yet Jordan still averaged 36 ppg and 9 apg during 1-9

So what gives with Trae? Why can't he perform well against maximum defensive attention (carrying scoring load)???

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-30-2022, 02:59 PM
You got to look at the situation. He dragged his garbage roster to the playoffs when they were a 10th seed, his starting center Capella was hurt or didn't play, john Collins was also playing hurt and has demanded a trade earlier in season.

Taking all that in consideration, I don't see how it's any worse then a series like 2007 dirk. Mavs were a 67 win 1st seed with way higher expectations as well.

3ba11
04-30-2022, 03:04 PM
You got to look at the situation. He dragged his garbage roster to the playoffs when they were a 10th seed, his starting center Capella was hurt or didn't play, john Collins was also playing hurt and has demanded a trade earlier in season.

Taking all that in consideration, I don't see how it's any worse then a series like 2007 dirk. Mavs were a 67 win 1st seed with way higher expectations as well.

Trae lacked equal-scoring teammates to attract equal defensive attention

So Trae can't defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load) vs good team, or carry bed-wetting teammates over good teams

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:08 PM
Jordan had all the attention on him without Pippen, yet Jordan still averaged 36 ppg and 9 apg during 1-9

So what gives with Trae? Why can't he perform well against maximum defensive attention (carrying scoring load)???

jordan is capable of being a 1 man show. there's only a few guys like that in history though and they're almost all athletic freaks with a minimum of 6-5 in height.

the only small guy that could go 1 on 5 was allen Iverson and he did it inefficiently most of the time and almost never competed for anything

to use michael jordan (the goat) as an example of how anyone should be able to dominate a historically great defense individually is kind of a bit unfair don't you think

1987_Lakers
04-30-2022, 03:17 PM
2004 Kobe

John_Connor
04-30-2022, 03:22 PM
2004 Kobe

2007 to 2022 steve

Gohan
04-30-2022, 03:56 PM
15-5-6

31.9 FG%

18.4 3P%

6.2 TO

This has got to be the worst of all time playoff performance by an all star franchise player right?

Keep iversons name out your mouth before ak shells come straight through your house

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Trae lacked equal-scoring teammates to attract equal defensive attention

So Trae can't defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load) vs good team, or carry bed-wetting teammates over good teams

He beat the 49 win 76ers last season and made the conference finals. Also had the greatest conference finals debut game in nba history and then got injured.

I don't see how Trae's playoff resume is any worse then Jokic. Same amount of conf finals wins. At least Trae has won a 2nd round series outside of a bubble YMCA gym. Also trae is like 4 years younger then Jokic. Not to mention had nobody on his team even close to Jamal Murray in bubble.

Kawhi_Why_Not
04-30-2022, 03:59 PM
And remember it was a 72 win season.

So 76ers were like a 59 win team

hold this L
04-30-2022, 10:45 PM
15-5-6

31.9 FG%

18.4 3P%

6.2 TO

The idiot Kawhi stan called him the greatest offensive PG of all time just a few weeks ago and said he's trending in the top all time list. Got to love ISH.

Shooter
04-30-2022, 10:46 PM
Did he go 1-9 in the 1st round? That would be the biggest meltdown I've seen.

kawhileonard2
04-30-2022, 11:00 PM
Lebron was 0-8 in his first two seasons and his first 3 seasons had 2 bronze medals. No one ever embarrassed America like that. And this the #1 pick like a Baker Mayfield. Prove me wrong!

Axe
05-01-2022, 07:32 AM

High ppg doesn't necessarily translate to winning. For instance, pip even with his average scoring, won more playoff games than his first option bt.

John8204
05-01-2022, 07:34 AM
Those numbers are a bit juiced because we aren't counting the playin games....Miami seems to have a habit of making MVP candidates look pretty bad.