PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Stephen A's big rant on Kyrie?

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 02:23 PM
:confusedshrug:

John_Connor
05-01-2022, 02:26 PM
yeah I tuned into first take that day and I didn't see anything either

FultzNationRISE
05-01-2022, 02:31 PM
Are you kidding?? Massa dont wanna broadcast a convo about the media manipulating the black community :roll:

Probably gave Stephen A a lil jewelry and told him to just forget about it.

Im Still Ballin
05-01-2022, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenJWTLD3po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJDlNsXYZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEyZBDG4Pig

MavAlbert
05-01-2022, 02:57 PM
he eviscerated kyrie

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 03:07 PM

oh wow.

interesting.

but he is missing the point with the covid thing. kyrie not getting vaccinated and therefore not being allowed to play is not his fault.

there is more to say about kyrie how he behaves towards people: middle fingers, insults, etc. not talking to media, not talking to teammates... conceited, ignorant,and then preaches peace and spirituality. didnt support his team in the 2018 ECF game 7 cause he did not want to be sideline watching LeBron win.

the guy is a loser.

MavAlbert
05-01-2022, 03:12 PM
oh wow.

interesting.

but he is missing the point with the covid thing. kyrie not getting vaccinated and therefore not being allowed to play is not his fault.

there is more to say about kyrie how he behaves towards people: middle fingers, insults, etc. not talking to media, not talking to teammates... conceited, ignorant,and then preaches peace and spirituality. didnt support his team in the 2018 ECF game 7 cause he did not want to be sideline watching LeBron win.

the guy is a loser.

its 100% his fault. he knew what would happen and chose it anyway. and dont get me wrong... he no doubt has the right to make that choice... but the consequences fall on him as well.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 03:14 PM
its 100% his fault. he knew what would happen and chose it anyway. and dont get me wrong... he no doubt has the right to make that choice... but the consequences fall on him as well.

sure but what are you ranting about? its not his fault he missed those games. thats the city's responsibility.

John_Connor
05-01-2022, 03:30 PM

didn't care for this take. Stephen a smith made it about his lack of time playing but that wasn't his fault for the most part. either he was hurt or not allowed to play cause he was vaccinated. only the bubble was his fault for missing and I don't blame him or KD for not being interested in that bogus fake title

the problem with kyrie is his decisions on the court like not listening to his coach and saying he doesn't matter. feuding with harden. not playing defense. being inconsistent and dragging KD to Brooklyn. he's also been a poor leader admittedly and made a ton of excuses and attacked the media over stupid things like race and religion or over his mental health problems

but Stephen a smith just talks about him not getting vaccinated like he didn't have his rights violated by the state of New York. I give him a pass for that

ImKobe
05-01-2022, 04:22 PM
oh wow.

interesting.

the guy is a loser.

He wasn't willing to take the shot that billions of people (and about 98% of the league, including his teammates) have all taken to play basketball and give his team a better chance of winning the championship. That's pure selfishness.

I'm a Kyrie fan but there's no doubt that his decision to not take the shot led to Harden forcing his way out, and them having to play the Cs in the first round. Heck, KD might have never got hurt in the RS if Kyrie was there to carry the load. All that other bs is nothing compared to him not taking the vaccine to help his team.

warriorfan
05-01-2022, 04:30 PM
He wasn't willing to take the shot that billions of people (and about 98% of the league, including his teammates) have all taken to play basketball and give his team a better chance of winning the championship. That's pure selfishness.

I'm a Kyrie fan but there's no doubt that his decision to not take the shot led to Harden forcing his way out, and them having to play the Cs in the first round. Heck, KD might have never got hurt in the RS if Kyrie was there to carry the load. All that other bs is nothing compared to him not taking the vaccine to help his team.

Good on Kyrie on not getting coerced into putting something into his body he didn’t want. **** them.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 05:03 PM

No it isnt.

Nothing you do that you feel is right or not right for your body is selfish.

It doesnt matter how many other people do it.

ImKobe
05-01-2022, 05:16 PM
Good on Kyrie on not getting coerced into putting something into his body he didn’t want. **** them.

He has the right to not take the shot and I've said that before as well, but it's easily the #1 reason why the Nets had an underwhelming season. It's selfish, no matter how we try to rationalize it. I've been a fan of his for a decade now, but I can't defend that decision. It will look even dumber in hindsight.

No it isnt.

Nothing you do that you feel is right or not right for your body is selfish.

It doesnt matter how many other people do it.

We're not talking about abortion here. He's not putting anyone's life in jeopardy by taking the ****ing shot. It was a selfish move, a move that severely hurt his team's chances of winning.

fsvr54
05-01-2022, 08:25 PM
Not everyone wants a MRNA shot in them. Side affects will take YEARS to figure out. Babies already being born with issues, myocarditis spiking suddenly etc etc

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2022, 08:32 PM
He has the right to not take the shot and I've said that before as well, but it's easily the #1 reason why the Nets had an underwhelming season. It's selfish, no matter how we try to rationalize it. I've been a fan of his for a decade now, but I can't defend that decision. It will look even dumber in hindsight.

We're not talking about abortion here. He's not putting anyone's life in jeopardy by taking the ****ing shot. It was a selfish move, a move that severely hurt his team's chances of winning.

it doesnt matter.

if you dont wanna take a vaccine, that only relates to you.

thats nobody else's ****ing business.

SATAN
05-01-2022, 08:37 PM
Who ****in' cares? SAS is a disgusting parasite.

theman93
05-01-2022, 08:38 PM

No it's not. What's selfish would be demanding someone do something with their body that they don't want to do for your own benefit.

ImKobe
05-01-2022, 08:57 PM
No it's not. What's selfish would be demanding someone do something with their body that they don't want to do for your own benefit.

You might be anti-vax & support that stance, but it looks bad on him in the Nets' locker room and his choice clearly caused the Big 3 to break up, thus lowering his team's chances of winning the championship. Wrong or not, it's still selfish on his part.

HylianNightmare
05-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Maybe should've gotten the shot and helped build teak chemistry

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 07:35 AM
Who ****in' cares? SAS is a disgusting parasite.

its not about the person, its about the idea, you dumb ****.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 07:36 AM
You might be anti-vax & support that stance, but it looks bad on him in the Nets' locker room and his choice clearly caused the Big 3 to break up, thus lowering his team's chances of winning the championship. Wrong or not, it's still selfish on his part.

You still can't make an argument as to why it is.

You're just saying it's selfish cause it (apparently) had negative effects.

Anything can have negative effects. That does not make that act selfish.

Logic, my nikka.

Imagine if the whole world operated under the guise of it being selfish not to take a vaccine they put out.

Pure horror.

SATAN
05-02-2022, 09:56 AM
its not about the person, its about the idea, you dumb ****.

You calling anyone dumb is laughable, pathetic sheep.

noonereal
05-02-2022, 11:33 AM
oh wow.

interesting.

the guy is a loser.

not his fault? How can you say this with a straight face?

You are the one missing the point.

From top to bottom Kyrie is a spoiled little girl. He would be the ultimate loser in life if not for his God given gifts. Even with his gifts, he is not far from it.

My God.

noonereal
05-02-2022, 11:37 AM

Logic, my nikka.

Imagine if the whole world operated under the guise of it being selfish not to take a vaccine they put out.

Pure horror.

this is one of the most ignorant posts I ever read here.

I am not even going to try and sort it out, it is that ignorant. and, you don't even know why.

jayfan
05-02-2022, 02:15 PM

Logic, my nikka.

Not exactly.

Nearly every decision we make for ourselves is selfish. Not every selfish decision is negative, though. Most aren't.

My decision to eat pizza for lunch is selfish. So is Kyrie's decision to not vax. My decision doesn't affect anybody, so no one cares. Kyrie's decision did, so people do.

ImKobe
05-02-2022, 03:12 PM

Logic, my nikka.

Pure horror.

What?

I already told you, he put himself before his team. That's what being selfish means. And it wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last. That's why everyone has a ****ing issue with Irving, from the media to his own teammates. You can say that it's his body & it was his decision, but that's the issue with Irving. It's all about him first. He gets paid tens of millions and won't take a ****ing vaccine shot because he doesn't care about basketball/winning as much as an ATG should. He'll always find an excuse to miss a significant amount of the RS. And I love the guy, but it's obvious to me that he's just not that passionate about the game, despite being one of the most talented players ever.

I'd love to know what "negative effects" the other 400 NBA players (or his own teammates) have had from the vaccine, and how those effects are worse than getting COVID while being unvaccinated.

Mr. Woke
05-02-2022, 03:57 PM
SAS is a dumbass pawn.

RRR3
05-02-2022, 03:59 PM
Not exactly.

Nearly every decision we make for ourselves is selfish. Not every selfish decision is negative, though. Most aren't.

My decision to eat pizza for lunch is selfish. So is Kyrie's decision to not vax. My decision doesn't affect anybody, so no one cares. Kyrie's decision did, so people do.

+1

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Not exactly.

no it isnt.

kyrie's decision not to take a personal risk is not selfish.

a person not deciding to take a risk cannot be selfish.

and why would you eating pizza be selfish, exactly?

we're getting pretty loose on the term here, aren't we.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 04:27 PM
What?

I already told you, he put himself before his team. That's what being selfish means. And it wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last. That's why everyone has a ****ing issue with Irving, from the media to his own teammates. You can say that it's his body & it was his decision, but that's the issue with Irving. It's all about him first. He gets paid tens of millions and won't take a ****ing vaccine shot because he doesn't care about basketball/winning as much as an ATG should. He'll always find an excuse to miss a significant amount of the RS. And I love the guy, but it's obvious to me that he's just not that passionate about the game, despite being one of the most talented players ever.

I'd love to know what "negative effects" the other 400 NBA players (or his own teammates) have had from the vaccine, and how those effects are worse than getting COVID while being unvaccinated.

You're conflating the issue.

Kyrie decided not to get a vaccine.

It has nothing to do with basketball.

If the politics make it about basketball, he is not to blame.

Not getting the vaccine is not being selfish.

You can yap about all the other players all you want (and show how gullible you are in the process), it has nothing to do with Kyrie.

8Ball
05-02-2022, 04:34 PM

I agree with this take.

Seriously speaking I don't like the mandates for young professional athletes even though I support the vaccines. But Harden was sick and tired of Kyrie not being there 100% of the time so Harden forced his way out. That's the bottom line.

SATAN
05-02-2022, 05:34 PM

You can yap about all the other players all you want (and show how gullible you are in the process), it has nothing to do with Kyrie.

You are extremely stupid.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 05:37 PM
You are extremely stupid.

you badly needed to come around for a 2nd insult didnt you?

here's your reply of attention, have yourself a ball

FKAri
05-02-2022, 05:41 PM

The problem I have is I don't believe Kyrie's genuine about it. The not getting vaccinated was not his only stand. He did the same thing for BLM. And this is the same guy who took 2 weeks off for a birthday(without informing the team from what I recall). So it paints a picture of a guy who's just looking for any excuse to not play.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 06:21 PM
The problem I have is I don't believe Kyrie's genuine about it. The not getting vaccinated was not his only stand. He did the same thing for BLM. And this is the same guy who took 2 weeks off for a birthday(without informing the team from what I recall). So it paints a picture of a guy who's just looking for any excuse to not play.

anyone who knows Kyrie and his spiritual beliefs (remember that smoke thing in TD Garden?) and general skepticism for anything establishment probably would assume he wouldnt be down for a vaccine.