PDA

View Full Version : Kings stay losing by hiring old coach instead of up-n-coming young assistant

Dr. Cheesesteak
05-01-2022, 04:00 PM
So, word is the Kings have narrowed their HC candidates to Mike Brown, Mark Jackson, and Steve Clifford.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/mark-jackson-mike-brown-steve-clifford-among-finalists-for-kings-head-coaching-vacancy-per-report/

Now, I actually like all 3 coaches. But they are bad choices for the Kings. None are franchise changers and possibly only Mark Jackson may vibe well w/ the Kings young team.

Other candidates that have been cut are Bucks assistants Darvin Ham and Charles Lee, and Celtics assistant Will Hardy. Why not take a shot on them? Younger, more innovative and in-touch coaches are what would be best with a team like the Kings. I watched some practice vids of Charles Lee and he seems like a really smart and likeable guy. I'm sure Darvin would relate extremely well to the team, since he's a former player.

These younger assistants, some ex-players, are cearly the better choices just by the evidence of the playoffs alone (Udoka, Jenkins, Willie Green, Monty, Nurse, etc, and even past examples of Kerr, Spo, etc). I highly doubt this is a Monte McNair's (Kings GM) choice. Has to be another low IQ choice of Vivek. Franchise stays cursed under incompetent ownership.

Proctor
05-02-2022, 03:59 PM
Take Mark Jackson so ABC doesn't have to suffer him any longer.

Don't just tell me, show me!