PDA

View Full Version : Chef Dingo, the closer, putting the clamps on Ja at the end of the game

warriorfan
05-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Hung

AlternativeAcc.
05-01-2022, 06:41 PM
Nate Diaz to mcgregor: "oh you're a wrestler now?!"

Curry realists to stans: "oh Currys a defender now?!"
:roll:

Spurs m8
05-01-2022, 06:42 PM
Bron stans in an absolute headspin right now....

Who to hate more ..

Gohan
05-01-2022, 06:44 PM
Morant might of played good cause of small ball but hes still trash. Curry da best

warriorfan
05-01-2022, 06:45 PM

Have fun with another fuming manic episode

We win

1987_Lakers
05-01-2022, 06:45 PM
Lots of people tend to overreact after a game but that was a crushing lost for the Grizzlies. Gonna be hard for them to recover from this.

Cleverness
05-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Hung

Dingo

hold this L
05-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Have fun with another fuming manic episode

We win

He's already got his alts running around

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3ohBVpSLHnhPOy16Ew/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611686dbbf4fb4507084b1a6cd972f8 25177f7b9291&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

tontoz
05-01-2022, 07:25 PM
GS clearly wants Morant to be a volume shooter. They don't think he can shoot a lot and maintain efficiency. He got snuffed on the last two possessions trying to be the hero.

dazzer87
05-01-2022, 07:30 PM
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1520892978637656064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1520892978637656064%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html1520892978637656064

Lock down D……

FultzNationRISE
05-01-2022, 08:00 PM
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1520892978637656064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1520892978637656064%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html1520892978637656064

Lock down D……

Funny thing is Curry was so caught up trying to puff his chest out and mug at the crowd after the stop, he almost forgot to provide an oulet for his teammates trying to get the ball up the court :lol

Shogon
05-01-2022, 08:02 PM
Funny thing is Curry was so caught up trying to puff his chest out and mug at the crowd after the stop, he almost forgot to provide an oulet for his teammates trying to get the ball up the court :lol

Yeah and this has been my biggest beef with Curry... this guy celebrates way too much. It's annoying. Just let your play speak for itself. Celebration is ok but damn man **** he's annoying about it.

tpols
05-01-2022, 08:29 PM

To be fair chef did buck his rep here. He stuffed Morant on a game winner. That's like McGregor catching Diaz in an arm bar.

WhiteKyrie
05-01-2022, 09:12 PM
Ja - 34 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds 45%
Steph - 24 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds 40%

Ja significantly outplayed Steph. Who cares he had one nice defensive possession on him? Stupid as hell.

Curry got dog walked.

10 point, 6 assists, 6 rebounds differential? Massive. Ja was facing way superior on ball defenders for much of the game as well.

Warriors win because of Jordan Poole, GPJR defense and clutch buckets from Klay. Golden State clearly has more talent too.

Curry made a nice handsy deflection. That’s all.

Axe
05-01-2022, 09:16 PM
Ja - 34 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds 45%
Steph - 24 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds 40%

Ja significantly outplayed Steph. Who cares he had one nice defensive possession on him? Stupid as hell.

Curry got dog walked.

10 point, 6 assists, 6 rebounds differential? Massive. Ja was facing way superior on ball defenders for much of the game as well.

Warriors win because of Jordan Poole, GPJR defense and clutch buckets from Klay. Golden State clearly has more talent too.

Curry made a nice handsy deflection. That’s all.
Blessed with help again like he was before kd left.

WhiteKyrie
05-01-2022, 09:19 PM
Also LOL at “stuffed” … fangirls smh

kawhileonard2
05-01-2022, 11:17 PM
Lots of people tend to overreact after a game but that was a crushing lost for the Grizzlies. Gonna be hard for them to recover from this.

Agreed! Same for Boston.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 03:32 AM
As usual by far the worst of his team (-9). If he didn’t get carried they’d have lost by 10pts :roll:

How is it even possible to be that bad with such a great team? Choked a wide open shot to kill the game and bricked as usual all the opportunities and let the grizzlies go off thanks to him.

Is he actually playing for the opponents team?Bc its impossible to be that bad, even for a mediocre player.

Full Court
05-02-2022, 06:39 AM
To be fair chef did buck his rep here. He stuffed Morant on a game winner. That's like McGregor catching Diaz in an arm bar.

Lol. No.....it's not like that at all.

Full Court
05-02-2022, 06:40 AM
Bron stans in an absolute headspin right now....

Who to hate more ..

:roll: Yeah, the Bronies are in a lose/lose situation here. They hate Morant and Curry....but one of those two is going win.

Another miserable day in the life of a Bronie. :lol

Zeppelin
05-02-2022, 07:13 AM
As usual by far the worst of his team (-9). If he didn’t get carried they’d have lost by 10pts :roll:

How is it even possible to be that bad with such a great team? Choked a wide open shot to kill the game and bricked as usual all the opportunities and let the grizzlies go off thanks to him.

Is he actually playing for the opponents team?Bc its impossible to be that bad, even for a mediocre player.

The guy with the highest plus-minus of the last ten years by far (regular season and playoffs) is the worst player on his team as usual?

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 07:28 AM
Have to give credit where credit is due steph defended ja very good down the stretch and he's been a pretty good defender in general all year.

tontoz
05-02-2022, 07:52 AM

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220324-165711.jpg

Shogon
05-02-2022, 07:57 AM
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220324-165711.jpg

Curry's defensive reputation has unjustifiably suffered for literally over half a decade now because Kyrie hit one shot in his grill. Even his own coach bought into it by pulling him out of the following matchup game on Christmas day.

Unreal.

And to be clear, he does slack off sometimes... he's never ever going to be a 1 on 1 defender, a dpoy candidate, a defensive team recognition winner, or anything of the sort. But his team defense is consistently good and it has been for a long time.

And look at that... as I expected... the Grizzlies are better defensively with Ja off the floor. I wish there was some sort of ball movement metric that was readily available for us all and how that impacted the overall offense. Because Morant is their ball stopper. Even when he gets assists, it doesn't matter... the team is arguably playing a less efficient brand of offense than they otherwise would as a result of him holding onto the ball despite the fact that Ja is clearly their best scorer by a mile.

Psychological factors matter.

3ball is right about this one thing... LeBron's style/a ball dominating by one player offense will never be optimal to reach the highest high because of the ball dominance. The thing of it is, though, is that MOST of LeBron's teams would be in the gutter without him. LeBron has never been on a team that wouldn't fall off of a cliff without him and he's certainly never had a coach that was capable of getting the most out of his team offensively without him.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 11:57 AM

No one argued Curry is great when it doesn’t matter lol.Also dont need to select only PG :roll:. In the regular season even a blind guy who bricks all the shots like WB gets an MVP bc no team is really playing seriously and all the great players are resting all the time.

Can you show me his +\- stats in the playoffs?

Nb1
05-02-2022, 12:06 PM
Actually i found it :roll:

Curry no where to be seen even tho he played the second weaker unit of teams this years since he was a bench player lol

Draymond Green is second! Surprise surprise lol
Curry literally has 0 impact!

tontoz
05-02-2022, 12:13 PM

Curry no where to be seen even tho he played the second weaker unit of teams this years since he was a bench player lol

Curry actually was the league leader in playoff BPM during their 2015 title run at 8.8.For his career his playoff BPM of 6.9 punks green's 4.9.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 12:26 PM
Here are the top 15 plus-minus players for this playoffs so far btw. And damn, didn't realize Lebron was 3rd all time and MJ first.

1.Giannis Antetokounmpo +109
2. Draymond Green +77
3. P.J. Tucker +71
4. Jevon Carter +71
5. Desmond Bane +71
6. Jrue Holiday +67
7.Max Strus +62
8. Jimmy Butler +59
9. Tobias Harris +54
10. Luka Doncic +54
11. Tyrese Maxey +54
12. Dorian Finney +53
13. Bobby Portis +52
14. Kyle Lowry +51
15. Pat Connaughton +51

Zeppelin
05-02-2022, 12:28 PM

By nowhere you mean he is fifth in the league? Also Curry's BPM is 6.9 while Draymond's is 4.4 (the next best on the Warriors). What are you even talking about?

Nb1
05-02-2022, 12:35 PM
By nowhere you mean he is fifth in the league? Also Curry's BPM is 6.9 while Draymond's is 4.4 (the next best on the Warriors). What are you even talking about?

Can you read?Do you see Curry?Btw i’m talking about playoff games, not his stats on playstation.

2. Draymond Green +77
3. P.J. Tucker +71
4. Jevon Carter +71
5. Desmond Bane +71
6. Jrue Holiday +67
7.Max Strus +62
8. Jimmy Butler +59
9. Tobias Harris +54
10. Luka Doncic +54
11. Tyrese Maxey +54
12. Dorian Finney +53
13. Bobby Portis +52
14. Kyle Lowry +51
15. Pat Connaughton +51

tontoz
05-02-2022, 12:39 PM
Can you read?Do you see Curry?Btw i’m talking about playoff games, not his stats on playstation.

2. Draymond Green +77
3. P.J. Tucker +71
4. Jevon Carter +71
5. Desmond Bane +71
6. Jrue Holiday +67
7.Max Strus +62
8. Jimmy Butler +59
9. Tobias Harris +54
10. Luka Doncic +54
11. Tyrese Maxey +54
12. Dorian Finney +53
13. Bobby Portis +52
14. Kyle Lowry +51
15. Pat Connaughton +51

So you are looking at 6 games, many of which Steph was coming off the bench after a foot injury. Somehow that is more meaningful than looking at his entire career in the playoffs.

Cool story bro.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 02:21 PM
So you are looking at 6 games, many of which Steph was coming off the bench after a foot injury. Somehow that is more meaningful than looking at his entire career in the playoffs.

Cool story bro.

Well this thread is about this playoff series, isn't it? Actually, about this specific game where somehow he gets praised by being the worst player on the team for that game, like wut :roll:. That's how bad people think he is, his biggest accomplishment is that he has been the worst of his team by far lol

tontoz
05-02-2022, 02:25 PM
Well this thread is about this playoff series, isn't it? Actually, about this specific game where somehow he gets praised by being the worst player on the team for that game, like wut :roll:. That's how bad people think he is, his biggest accomplishment is that he has been the worst of his team by far lol

If you are going to bring up +/-, saying that it is relevant to an individual playoff game or series, then obviously that same stat is relevant looking at someone's entire playoff career, especially when you say something like:

As usual by far the worst of his team (-9).

Duh

Fact is that Curry has consistently been by far the best on the team in the playoffs based on +/-.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 04:05 PM
If you are going to bring up +/-, saying that it is relevant to an individual playoff game or series, then obviously that same stat is relevant looking at someone's entire playoff career, especially when you say something like:

Duh

Fact is that Curry has consistently been by far the best on the team in the playoffs based on +/-.

I would like to see the numbers on close games and end of those games in the playoffs. Respect if he has great games in regular season and on blowout games where even a randomly picked person of the crowd would look good bc thats how great GS is, but as far as i can remember i rarely see him having any impact on a close game when they actually need him the most.

He’s a terrific shooter when nothing is on the line, that’s my whole issue with him. And that’s why this whole thread is absurd specially about him out of all people lol.

If he wins this year and lets say Draymond gets injured, i’ll be the first to give him props.

tontoz
05-02-2022, 04:10 PM
I would like to see the numbers on close games and end of those games in the playoffs. Respect if he has great games in regular season and on blowout games where even a randomly picked person of the crowd would look good bc thats how great GS is, but as far as i can remember i rarely see him having any impact on a close game when they actually need him the most.

He’s a terrific shooter when nothing is on the line, that’s my whole issue with him. And that’s why this whole thread is absurd specially about him out of all people lol.

If he wins this year and lets say Draymond gets injured, i’ll be the first to give him props.

Again this is a narrative that has no basis in fact. In blowouts Steph won't be playing in the 4th quarter. In contested games he plays far more minutes.

Last year's play in games were examples. Both were tight and came down to the wire. Steph scored almost 80 points combined in the two games.

I went through all of Stephs playoff games one year and invariably his biggest scoring games were in close games. The blowouts he routine scored under 25, many times under 20.

If you have any examples of Steph going off late in playoff blowouts please feel free to share.

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 04:23 PM
Again this is a narrative that has no basis in fact. In blowouts Steph won't be playing in the 4th quarter. In contested games he plays far more minutes.

Last year's play in games were examples. Both were tight and came down to the wire. Steph scored almost 80 points combined in the two games.

I went through all of Stephs playoff games one year and invariably his biggest scoring games were in close games. The blowouts he routine scored under 25, many times under 20.

If you have any examples of Steph going off late in playoff blowouts please feel free to share.

I think anyone honest would acknowledge steph isn't the same dude in the clutch. His swag isn't the same and He misses shots he usually wouldn't. He also has a much harder time getting good looks as the game gets more tight and physical https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1456751001
This year specifically steph has been terrible in the clutch https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-stephen-curry-is-dead-last-in-field-goal-percentage-during-clutch-time-shocking-stat-shows-how-warriors-stars-performance-late-in-games-has-cratered-in-2021-22-nba-season/%3famp

That all said he was great defensively in the clutch the other night.

Stephonit
05-02-2022, 05:04 PM
I think anyone honest would acknowledge steph isn't the same dude in the clutch. His swag isn't the same and He misses shots he usually wouldn't. He also has a much harder time getting good looks as the game gets more tight and physical https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1456751001
This year specifically steph has been terrible in the clutch https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-stephen-curry-is-dead-last-in-field-goal-percentage-during-clutch-time-shocking-stat-shows-how-warriors-stars-performance-late-in-games-has-cratered-in-2021-22-nba-season/%3famp

That all said he was great defensively in the clutch the other night.

You guys don't seem to see anything. Curry was great in closing out the Nuggets when he kept trading blows with Jokic down the stretch. As for the regular season this year he had an issue with his shot which resulted in a slump that he's apparently fixed. Aside from that he shoots more 3s than anyone so FG% is not exactly the most suitable metric to use to judge.

tontoz
05-02-2022, 05:26 PM
You guys don't seem to see anything. Curry was great in closing out the Nuggets when he kept trading blows with Jokic down the stretch. As for the regular season this year he had an issue with his shot which resulted in a slump that he's apparently fixed. Aside from that he shoots more 3s than anyone so FG% is not exactly the most suitable metric to use to judge.

Something is definitely up with his shot. He shot 74% from the foul line in the first round, pretty odd for arguably the best foul shooter in league history.

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 05:30 PM

I see it just fine and so do alot of other people. Yeah he was fine against a weak denver team where there was no pressure but by in large in tight playoff games when the pressure is on steph does fall off some and he definitely misses shots he dosn't normally miss. I don't understand how you can argue this dude. We've seen it many times.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 05:30 PM

I'm sorry, but in the last 5 minutes Curry took 3 shots and missed all of them. 3 shots only when his team needed him and on top of all that he missed them all. 90% of close games are like that, he always misses when it counts the most. Klay was the one who made the 3 pt shot and the one who guarded Ja and made him miss the last shot and yet the thread is about Curry?? The guy who was with -9 the worst, missed all of his shots in important moments? Like wtf...I'm sorry, but if someone is a Warriors fan they should be angry at him for playing so bad down the strech 90% of the games when it gets tough.

If you're the best player on the team i expect you to do better, but he's clearly not. He literally hides in important moments and the shots he bricks are clearly out of fear bc he'd usually make a wide open shot if nothing was on the line. Hell, he'd make 93 of them in a row. But put him in a situation where his team needs him and he never shows up. Last game was just one of many examples.

tontoz
05-02-2022, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, but in the last 5 minutes Curry took 3 shots and missed all of them. 3 shots only when his team needed him and on top of all that he missed them all. 90% of close games are like that, he always misses when it counts the most. Klay was the one who made the 3 pt shot and the one who guarded Ja and made him miss the last shot and yet the thread is about Curry?? The guy who was with -9 the worst, missed all of his shots in important moments? Like wtf...I'm sorry, but if someone is a Warriors fan they should be angry at him for playing so bad down the strech 90% of the games when it gets tough.

If you're the best player on the team i expect you to do better, but he's clearly not. He literally hides in important moments and the shots he bricks are clearly out of fear bc he'd usually make a wide open shot if nothing was on the line. Hell, he'd make 93 of them in a row. But put him in a situation where his team needs him and he never shows up. Last game was just one of many examples.

You are only talking about one game as if that is a relevant sample and you can't even get that game right. Steph made a 3 to put them up 4 with 4:26 left in the game.

Just last year Steph shot 43% on 3s in clutch time.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Last year in the play in game vs Memphis Curry scored 13 in the last 3 minutes.

Nb1
05-02-2022, 06:15 PM
You are only talking about one game as if that is a relevant sample and you can't even get that game right. Steph made a 3 to put them up 4 with 4:26 left in the game.

Just last year Steph shot 43% on 3s in clutch time.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Last year in the play in game vs Memphis Curry scored 13 in the last 3 minutes.

I didn't go and watch the exact seconds, because that's not relevant to me. My point is that he missed the last 3 shots he attempted and almost didn't take any shots when his team needed him to step up because even he himself knows he always chokes and has 0 confidence in himself. I'd even favour Westbrook before him to close out the game and i have 0 fate on a blind guy that hits the up part of the backboard trying to do a lay up, that's how little i think of Steph in clutch moments lol

In all seriousness now, he's a tremendous talented player and probably the best shooter of all time,so it makes me mad how such a talent can be so mediocre when it counts. Literally a random girl in the crows could be more impactful than him. I'm a basketball fan first and love to see Golden State play, that's why i have such a big issue with a guy who has all the capacity to step up but has the tinniest balls i've ever seen and always chokes in big moments letting his team down. Thank god they have such a great team that they don't even need him and can figure close games out by themselves. They should make him come off the bench again and let him play the weaker 2nd unit and take him out the last 3-4min of the game. Let's he if he proves me wrong, but so far, every single year he shows how terrible he is when it counts.

Let's see how things will progress. I expect Memphis to totally break down after that hard first loss and i'm sure Steph will be great when the Warriors will be 20+ pts blowing the Grizzlies out.

tontoz
05-02-2022, 06:40 PM
I didn't go and watch the exact seconds, because that's not relevant to me. My point is that he missed the last 3 shots he attempted and almost didn't take any shots when his team needed him to step up because even he himself knows he always chokes and has 0 confidence in himself. I'd even favour Westbrook before him to close out the game and i have 0 fate on a blind guy that hits the up part of the backboard trying to do a lay up, that's how little i think of Steph in clutch moments lol

In all seriousness now, he's a tremendous talented player and probably the best shooter of all time,so it makes me mad how such a talent can be so mediocre when it counts. Literally a random girl in the crows could be more impactful than him. I'm a basketball fan first and love to see Golden State play, that's why i have such a big issue with a guy who has all the capacity to step up but has the tinniest balls i've ever seen and always chokes in big moments letting his team down. Thank god they have such a great team that they don't even need him and can figure close games out by themselves. They should make him come off the bench again and let him play the weaker 2nd unit and take him out the last 3-4min of the game. Let's he if he proves me wrong, but so far, every single year he shows how terrible he is when it counts.

Let's see how things will progress. I expect Memphis to totally break down after that hard first loss and i'm sure Steph will be great when the Warriors will be 20+ pts blowing the Grizzlies out.

Of course you didn't notice Stephs 3 to put them up 4. Never would have guessed that.

Problem is that you actually specified in your post 5 minutes

I'm sorry, but in the last 5 minutes Curry took 3 shots and missed all of them.

Still waiting on those examples where Steph padded his stats in blowouts. I won't hold my breath.

Zeppelin
05-02-2022, 07:47 PM

2. Draymond Green +77
3. P.J. Tucker +71
4. Jevon Carter +71
5. Desmond Bane +71
6. Jrue Holiday +67
7.Max Strus +62
8. Jimmy Butler +59
9. Tobias Harris +54
10. Luka Doncic +54
11. Tyrese Maxey +54
12. Dorian Finney +53
13. Bobby Portis +52
14. Kyle Lowry +51
15. Pat Connaughton +51

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2022_advanced.html#advanced_stats::27 These are playoff stats for 2022. BPM is way more meaningful than cumulative PM that doesn't take minutes played into account. You will notice that unlike Max Strus, everyone atop this list ahs actually been great this playoffs.

Axe
05-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Love how uncle t rocks a wizard avy because he's a fan of that team but stans chef also. :rockon:

hold this L
05-02-2022, 10:45 PM
https://i.redd.it/6i35ive613x81.jpg

Second best defensive guard in the PS so far

:bowdown:

RRR3
05-03-2022, 01:28 AM

He rarely guards the best perimeter player on the other team. Context. Unless you think he's actually a better defender than Smart, Jaylen Brown, Lowry, or CP3, in which case lol.

Nb1
05-03-2022, 02:11 AM
Of course you didn't notice Stephs 3 to put them up 4. Never would have guessed that.

Problem is that you actually specified in your post 5 minutes

Still waiting on those examples where Steph padded his stats in blowouts. I won't hold my breath.

I never once used the word stat padding. It’s not what i meant. What i meant is there are always « easier » games where everything seems to be going in your favor and everyone is making shots and the opposite team are on a bad day. Specially when you have such a great team like the warriors (Steph is part of it ofc and shines in thise moments). In those games you could probably replace any player by someone in the crowd and they’d still easily win.

But in games where they actually need Steph to step up and say gimme this « sh** », i will take control and take the tough shots for you guys, he always disapears. Like last game or every other close game in a pressure moment. He couldn’t even make a wide open shot and missed all of his last 3 in the last minutes, that’s how shook he always is lol. Its pretty clear to see on his general attitude that he’s sh***** his pants in those moments. Which is incredible knowing he could make 500 shots in a row at practice when nothing is on the line.

Like i said, i’d be the first to say he played great this postseason if he has many games without his key players where he took control and carried them like all the other superstars have many many times.

I can give you alooooooot of examples where Steph sh** his pants in close tough games in the postseason. Just take the last finals game he was in vs Toroonto. Game on the line, he missed Golden State's last 2 shots in the final moments as always, had 21 pts, was 6-17, they lost the chip. It's hard to find any player who has so many terrible clutch moments other than Steph.

Stephonit
05-03-2022, 02:28 AM
I never once used the word stat padding. It’s not what i meant. What i meant is there are always « easier » games where everything seems to be going in your favor and everyone is making shots and the opposite team are on a bad day. Specially when you have such a great team like the warriors (Steph is part of it ofc and shines in thise moments). In those games you could probably replace any player by someone in the crowd and they’d still easily win.

But in games where they actually need Steph to step up and say gimme this « sh** », i will take control and take the tough shots for you guys, he always disapears. Like last game or every other close game in a pressure moment. He couldn’t even make a wide open shot and missed all of his last 3 in the last minutes, that’s how shook he always is lol. Its pretty clear to see on his general attitude that he’s sh***** his pants in those moments. Which is incredible knowing he could make 500 shots in a row at practice when nothing is on the line.

Like i said, i’d be the first to say he played great this postseason if he has many games without his key players where he took control and carried them like all the other superstars have many many times.

"Games where everything seems to be going in your favor" are usually games Steph was hot from the start.

"Games where they actually need Steph to step up and say gimme this « sh** »" are often games where the Warriors are trailing at the half before Steph engages the Warriors' patented 3rd quarters and then they pull out to a double digit lead and easy win making you forget they were actually trailing badly. Just look at Game 5 of the last series against the Nuggets or even Game 3 and Game 4!

RRR3
05-03-2022, 02:57 AM

I can give you alooooooot of examples where Steph sh** his pants in close tough games in the postseason. Just take the last finals game he was in vs Toroonto. Game on the line, he missed Golden State's last 2 shots in the final moments as always, had 21 pts, was 6-17, they lost the chip. It's hard to find any player who has so many terrible clutch moments other than Steph.
Lol what no it isnt. Not even a Curry fan but you can find chokes from every single player.

Nb1
05-03-2022, 03:01 AM
"Games where everything seems to be going in your favor" are usually games Steph was hot from the start.

"Games where they actually need Steph to step up and say gimme this « sh** »" are often games where the Warriors are trailing at the half before Steph engages the Warriors' patented 3rd quarters and then they pull out to a double digit lead and easy win making you forget they were actually trailing badly. Just look at Game 5 of the last series against the Nuggets or even Game 3 and Game 4!

Are you really going to bring up a first round series vs this Nuggets team?Where even with Steph on the bench his team was blowing them out, lol. I don't know if you realize it, but that makes Steph look worse than what he even is. It's humiliating that these are his greatest moments. It's like someone praising Javale McGee because he made 1 shot or played defense for 2 seconds.

And just like this thread. Someone made a thread about his defense while Ja had his best game so far in the postseason and Klay was the one who made him miss the last shot and actually made GS's last shot. There is nothing to even mention, but if anything this thread should be about Klay, even though he missed his FT's.

And i'm sorry, the Nuggets have 1 good player who was being guarded insanely great by Green and are missing their 2nd and 3rd best players. Dray was the most important player on that series.

There was zero pressure on that series and everyone even made an argument how Pool took the reigns and Dray took control on the other end by cancelling Jokic. Put 50 yr old Kendrick Perkins instead of Steph in that series and the Warriors still blow the Nuggets out. But again, last gamem, where things were on the line, he missed all of his shots and there's a thread about him lol. This thread is actually embarrassing for him.

Bronbron23
05-03-2022, 09:02 AM

Do you actually believe this?

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 09:04 AM

So basically, he locked up Bones Hyland.

Monumental.

tontoz
05-03-2022, 09:15 AM

Always? Did you not see last year's play in games? He scored almost 80 points in those two games, both of which came down to the wire.

Once again you ignore what you dont want to see, just like you ignored Stephs 3 to put them up 4 last game. He made 5 3s last game and scored 16 in the 2nd half but somehow he "disappeared"?

:facepalm

hold this L
05-03-2022, 09:40 AM
He rarely guards the best perimeter player on the other team. Context. Unless you think he's actually a better defender than Smart, Jaylen Brown, Lowry, or CP3, in which case lol.

CP3 isn't up there anymore (though still good), but of course context matters. He's been playing elite defense this year though, but no I don't think he's a better defender than Smart or Lowry. That's all I'm getting at.

So basically, he locked up Bones Hyland.

Monumental.
Whose Lebron locking up this post season? :applause:

tpols
05-03-2022, 09:52 AM
Do you actually believe this?

Chef is known as the best shooter in the world but if another guy outshoots him... it is what it is at that time. The metrics right now show curry is holding opponents to league low %'s. So that's what it is right now.

tpols
05-03-2022, 09:53 AM
CP3 isn't up there anymore (though still good), but of course context matters. He's been playing elite defense this year though, but no I don't think he's a better defender than Smart or Lowry. That's all I'm getting at.

Lowry hasn't even been playing lol.

hold this L
05-03-2022, 09:59 AM
Lowry hasn't even been playing lol.

That doesn't change the fact that's he's an incredible defender.

tpols
05-03-2022, 10:20 AM
That doesn't change the fact that's he's an incredible defender.

He's mostly a flopper. But that picture above is talking about whose defending the best right now. If a guy isn't even playing he's not in the discussion.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 10:42 AM

Who’s getting locked up in my ****ing basement to get their ass beat??

YOU. :crazysam:

Nb1
05-03-2022, 12:04 PM
Always? Did you not see last year's play in games? He scored almost 80 points in those two games, both of which came down to the wire.

Once again you ignore what you dont want to see, just like you ignored Stephs 3 to put them up 4 last game. He made 5 3s last game and scored 16 in the 2nd half but somehow he "disappeared"?

:facepalm

Tbh, i'm getting more and more confused, are you actually a Curry hater? How tf do you bring up a PLAY-IN game where he lost both of them and Lebron's last shot was on his face :roll: Is that Curry's greatest moment? 2 losses out of 2 games? You do realize that you're digging the grave deeper for him and keep humiliating him?

So, you're talked about his 3pt in the last 5 minutes. After that, Wiggings scored, Payton 2 scored and Klay scored and Steph missed 3 times. He was 1-4 in the last 5 minutes lol. If any other superstar does that he's getting bashed into oblivion, but for Steph its great? It actually shows how low the bar is set for him lol. Where are the threads about Wiggins, Thompson, Payton 2, Morant, Clark, Brooks who also made shots?

Morant had 8 pts and 3 assists in those minutes and he had his best game by far so far and the thread is about Steph clamping him down? Lmfao. If anything Steph did a terrible job.

Why did Kerr take him out at the end of the game actually lmfao? Even his coach knows he's a choker lol. Honestly your takes and this thread can only be some kind of reverse trolling. You picked the worse player of a game, talking about his defense on the best guy that scored the most on great efficiency out of all players. Steph missed all 3 of his last shots and even got taken out of the game in the end because he's a liability. I mean, i would try to hide this game as best as i could if i was a Steph stan. But if this is great for him, being the worst guy on the filed doing everything he possibly could wrong where even his coach takes him out, then his standards are not even those of a G-league player.

Imagine Durant getting praised of being 1-4 in the last 5 and the guy he was guarding was the best on the floor with most points and best efficiency lol. He'd get flamed to the death. But for Steph this is amazing :facepalm

tontoz
05-03-2022, 12:14 PM
Tbh, i'm getting more and more confused, are you actually a Curry hater? How tf do you bring up a PLAY-IN game where he lost both of them and Lebron's last shot was on his face :roll: Is that Curry's greatest moment? 2 losses out of 2 games? You do realize that you're digging the grave deeper for him and keep humiliating him?

So, you're talked about his 3pt in the last 5 minutes. After that, Wiggings scored, Payton 2 scored and Klay scored and Steph missed 3 times. He was 1-4 in the last 5 minutes lol. If any other superstar does that he's getting bashed into oblivion, but for Steph its great? It actually shows how low the bar is set for him lol. Where are the threads about Wiggins, Thompson, Payton 2, Morant, Clark, Brooks who also made shots?

Morant had 8 pts and 3 assists in those minutes and he had his best game by far so far and the thread is about Steph clamping him down? Lmfao. If anything Steph did a terrible job.

Why did Kerr take him out at the end of the game actually lmfao? Even his coach knows he's a choker lol. Honestly your takes and this thread can only be some kind of reverse trolling. You picked the worse player of a game, talking about his defense on the best guy that scored the most on great efficiency out of all players. Steph missed all 3 of his last shots and even got taken out of the game in the end because he's a liability. I mean, i would try to hide this game as best as i could if i was a Steph stan. But if this is great for him, being the worst guy on the filed doing everything he possibly could wrong where even his coach takes him out, then his standards are not even those of a G-league player.

Imagine Durant getting praised of being 1-4 in the last 5 and the guy he was guarding was the best on the floor with most points and best efficiency lol. He'd get flamed to the death. But for Steph this is amazing :facepalm

English must be your second language.

Some close games will be losses for every team. The play in games are pressure games. Have to win to get in the playoffs otherwise you are out.

Klay wasn't playing and two other starters went down weeks before the end of the season. Curry had to try to carry his team to victory against superior talent and almost did. They lost those play in games because the team got hammered when he went to the bench.

But you can't say Curry disappeared in close games when he scores almost 80 in 2 games with elite efficiency with the season on the line.

He made 5 3s in the last game but somehow he played bad while 6-19 Klay was a hero (who choked at the foul line not once but twice).

tontoz
05-03-2022, 12:20 PM
Game 5 against the Nuggets Curry scores 7 points in the last two minutes. They win by 4.

Butbutbut....he always disappears at the end of close games. :facepalm

Nb1
05-03-2022, 12:20 PM
English must be your second language.

Some close games will be losses for every team. The play in games are pressure games. Have to win to get in the playoffs otherwise you are out.

Klay wasn't playing and two other starters went down weeks before the end of the season. Curry had to try to carry his team to victory against superior talent and almost did. They lost those play in games because the team got hammered when he went to the bench.

But you can't say Curry disappeared in close games when he scores almost 80 in 2 games with elite efficiency with the season on the line.

Again, you're making it sound as if he was amazing and carried his team to a victory lol. Durant got flamed by everyone while putting 39 and scoring what, 10 points in the last minutes of the game? Because he lost! What about Ja getting bashed this game?Who had 8 pts and 3 assists in the final minutes and 34? It happens with like 50 great players and yet Steph rarely is involved in any great tough win and gets a praise thread?Are we all retarded?This is like the worst game any average player ever had...

This thread is about him clamping down the guy who scored 34 on great efficiency while he was a 6-17, a minus 9 and so bad that his coach took him out of the game in the end? Like wtf are we even arguing about, this can only be a troll thread and you can only be a troll then lol.

And btw, can you explain to me why Steph got taken out of the game in the last seconds?

tontoz
05-03-2022, 12:35 PM
Again, you're making it sound as if he was amazing and carried his team to a victory lol. Durant got flamed by everyone while putting 39 and scoring what, 10 points in the last minutes of the game? Because he lost! What about Ja getting bashed this game?Who had 8 pts and 3 assists in the final minutes and 34? It happens with like 50 great players and yet Steph rarely is involved in any great tough win and gets a praise thread?Are we all retarded?This is like the worst game any average player ever had...

This thread is about him clamping down the guy who scored 34 on great efficiency while he was a 6-17, a minus 9 and so bad that his coach took him out of the game in the end? Like wtf are we even arguing about, this can only be a troll thread and you can only be a troll then lol.

And btw, can you explain to me why Steph got taken out of the game in the last seconds?

Who scored 34 on great efficiency? Do you not realize that Steph was more efficient than Morant even though he missed his last 3?

Nobody on either side was 6-17. Who are you talking about?

You need to get your story straight. When you said Steph ALWAYS disappears at the end in close games that only applies to wins? OK.

Just two games ago in Game 5 against the Nuggets Curry scores 7 points in the last two minutes. They win by 4. I guess you were in your cave that night and didn't see the game.

hold this L
05-03-2022, 12:41 PM
Game 5 against the Nuggets Curry scores 7 points in the last two minutes. They win by 4.

Butbutbut....he always disappears at the end of close games. :facepalm

You realize that you're talking to AlternateAcc or whatever his name is right? The guy is a massive Lebron and KD stan, and he brings out one of the many hundred alts he's got whenever the Warriors are doing well. He's a bit more triggered considering what happened to both KD and Bron, so he's putting in some extra effort. :applause:

Nb1
05-03-2022, 01:05 PM
Who scored 34 on great efficiency? Do you not realize that Steph was more efficient than Morant even though he missed his last 3?

Nobody on either side was 6-17. Who are you talking about?

You need to get your story straight. When you said Steph ALWAYS disappears at the end in close games that only applies to wins? OK.

Just two games ago in Game 5 against the Nuggets Curry scores 7 points in the last two minutes. They win by 4. I guess you were in your cave that night and didn't see the game.

Lol at bringing the Nuggets series here where they were already 3-1 with him on the bench and DEN had 0 chance of winning that series even against the bench players on GS.

I know by your takes, math and logic must not be your strong suit, but here are the numbers. You know the higher %, higher pts, higher ass, higher rbs, higher plus minus the better? Maybe Curry fans think it's the opposite and that's why you guys have trouble realizing some things lol.

Steph was 8-20 and a minus 9 on 24 pts, 3 rbs and 4 assists.

Morant was 14-31 and minus 1 on 34 pts, 9 rb and 10 assists.

I mean even Kerr took him out in the final seconds of the game. Btw explain to me why? How can a coach take out their supposedly best player on a moment like that? Never seen any great player getting subbed in a moment like that.

He sure as hell would have never have taken Green or Klay out, why Steph?

tontoz
05-03-2022, 01:17 PM
Lol at bringing the Nuggets series here where they were already 3-1 with him on the bench and DEN had 0 chance of winning that series even against the bench players on GS.

I know by your takes, math and logic must not be your strong suit, but here are the numbers. You know the higher %, higher pts, higher ass, higher rbs, higher plus minus the better? Maybe Curry fans think it's the opposite and that's why you guys have trouble realizing some things lol.

Steph was 8-20 and a minus 9 on 24 pts, 3 rbs and 4 assists.

Morant was 14-31 and minus 1 on 34 pts, 9 rb and 10 assists.

I mean even Kerr took him out in the final seconds of the game. Btw explain to me why? How can a coach take out their supposedly best player on a moment like that? Never seen any great player getting subbed in a moment like that.

He sure as hell would have never have taken Green or Klay out, why Steph?

So "always" doesn't mean always. It only means the most recent game you are griping about. Glad we sorted that out.

Steph was 5-12 from 3 last game in case you missed it. That gives him 50 playoff games making at least 5 3s. The next two guys on the list have a combined 49 playoff games making 5 3s. He had a TS of 55% last game, even missing his last 3 shots, which is higher than Morant's 52.6% yet somehow Morant had "great efficiency". Doesn't that mean Steph had great efficiency also? :oldlol:

Kerr took out Steph and put Porter in. Obviously he wanted more length in the game because they were only up 1 and they expected someone to drive to the basket. Steph isn't a rim protector. Duh

I'll ask again who was that guy you said went 6-17? :roll:

Nb1
05-03-2022, 03:47 PM
So "always" doesn't mean always. It only means the most recent game you are griping about. Glad we sorted that out.

Steph was 5-12 from 3 last game in case you missed it. That gives him 50 playoff games making at least 5 3s. The next two guys on the list have a combined 49 playoff games making 5 3s. He had a TS of 55% last game, even missing his last 3 shots, which is higher than Morant's 52.6% yet somehow Morant had "great efficiency". Doesn't that mean Steph had great efficiency also? :oldlol:

Kerr took out Steph and put Porter in. Obviously he wanted more length in the game because they were only up 1 and they expected someone to drive to the basket. Steph isn't a rim protector. Duh

I'll ask again who was that guy you said went 6-17? :roll:

What do you mean who was that guy? Curry of course :roll:
In the last game vs Toronto in the finals last time he made the playoffs lol. Who else would it be?

I'm talking about this game. In case you missed it the thread is about how Steph played great defense on Morant and yet Morant was better than in all of his previous games vs Minnesota. If anything Steph was terrible. Wow 5-12, even a non 3 pt shooter like Morant was 4-11 and better everywhere else than Steph. I don't know how anyone can pick something Steph did and say its amazing honestly. Jackson was 6-9. If anything tak about him. For Curry the lowest things seem amazing, don't set the bar that low for an average postseasonal NBA player please.

And Morant scored 8pts and gave 3 assists in the last minutes while Curry sh** his pants bricking shots and even got taken out of the game by his OWN coach ffs. Even Kerr knows he's a liability, what more proof do you need than the own head coach taking him out of the game. That's why this thread is so retarded. It's praising him for something he was mediocre at which even his coach aknowledged.

But don't worry, the Warriors will beat the Grizzlies. I mean, even Minnesota would have swept them if they weren't so retarded in some crucial moments. Steph will have good games when his team will be destroying Memphis. But in the finals, good luck. Even Toscano Anderson might outplay him.

tontoz
05-03-2022, 04:06 PM
What do you mean who was that guy? Curry of course :roll:
In the last game vs Toronto in the finals last time he made the playoffs lol. Who else would it be?

I'm talking about this game. In case you missed it the thread is about how Steph played great defense on Morant and yet Morant was better than in all of his previous games vs Minnesota. If anything Steph was terrible. Wow 5-12, even a non 3 pt shooter like Morant was 4-11 and better everywhere else than Steph. I don't know how anyone can pick something Steph did and say its amazing honestly. Jackson was 6-9. If anything tak about him. For Curry the lowest things seem amazing, don't set the bar that low for an average postseasonal NBA player please.

And Morant scored 8pts and gave 3 assists in the last minutes while Curry sh** his pants bricking shots and even got taken out of the game by his OWN coach ffs. Even Kerr knows he's a liability, what more proof do you need than the own head coach taking him out of the game. That's why this thread is so retarded. It's praising him for something he was mediocre at which even his coach aknowledged.

But don't worry, the Warriors will beat the Grizzlies. I mean, even Minnesota would have swept them if they weren't so retarded in some crucial moments. Steph will have good games when his team will be destroying Memphis. But in the finals, good luck. Even Toscano Anderson might outplay him.

Why do you keep pretending that 34 points on 31 shots is elite efficiency? If he did that every game the Warriors would love that. During the season his TS was 5% higher. The Warriors game plan is to let him be a volume shooter.

Bane is the guy they are worried about. He has proven he can score efficiently. He hurt Minny but only scored 9 last game. He had a 67% TS vs Minny.

They are more than happy to let JJ jack 3s as well. He shot 32% during the season. If he is shooting 3s then he isn't hurting them inside where they are at a big size disadvantage.

With 3.6 seconds left up 1 Kerr is worried about giving up a shot at the rim, especially given the fact that the Warriors are a small team. Not hard to figure out why he put a taller guy in the game.

red1
05-03-2022, 04:40 PM
its looking good for curry this year. really good chance to get his 4th ring.

if he manages to win another ring and finals MVP it would give him an all-time resume, arguable top-10 career.

Nb1
05-03-2022, 04:53 PM
Why do you keep pretending that 34 points on 31 shots is elite efficiency? If he did that every game the Warriors would love that. During the season his TS was 5% higher. The Warriors game plan is to let him be a volume shooter.

Bane is the guy they are worried about. He has proven he can score efficiently. He hurt Minny but only scored 9 last game. He had a 67% TS vs Minny.

They are more than happy to let JJ jack 3s as well. He shot 32% during the season. If he is shooting 3s then he isn't hurting them inside where they are at a big size disadvantage.

With 3.6 seconds left up 1 Kerr is worried about giving up a shot at the rim, especially given the fact that the Warriors are a small team. Not hard to figure out why he put a taller guy in the game.

You seem not to know maths pretty well. Again, maybe for Curry fans the worse % the better, but higher % is actually better.
Curry 8-20->40%
Morant 14-31->45%

Do i have to draw that 45 is higher than 40?

At least you aknowlegded Curry is a liability in crucial moments, why would Kerr take him out if he was so good lol. You will never see him take out Klay or Dray who actually impact the game. The fact that his own coach took him out in such an important moment clearly tells you how even he sees Curry. They don't even need him and are better without him. Thank god for Curry he plays in such a great team and his image sells.

Put Curry in an average team and he'll be like he was when the actual great players of the team got injured, which means, didn't even get to the playoffs. Again, don't worry, his team will make up for his terrible game and he'll have a great game against the Memphis 2nd weaker unit!

tontoz
05-03-2022, 05:09 PM
You seem not to know maths pretty well. Again, maybe for Curry fans the worse % the better, but higher % is actually better.
Curry 8-20->40%
Morant 14-31->45%

Do i have to draw that 45 is higher than 40?

At least you aknowlegded Curry is a liability in crucial moments, why would Kerr take him out if he was so good lol. You will never see him take out Klay or Dray who actually impact the game. The fact that his own coach took him out in such an important moment clearly tells you how even he sees Curry. They don't even need him and are better without him. Thank god for Curry he plays in such a great team and his image sells.

Put Curry in an average team and he'll be like he was when the actual great players of the team got injured, which means, didn't even get to the playoffs. Again, don't worry, his team will make up for his terrible game and he'll have a great game against the Memphis 2nd weaker unit!

Using FG% in 2022 just shows your low IQ. :facepalm Lets just ignore that 3>2.

Kerr took him out with 3.6 seconds left on a defensive possession. Shotblocking really isn't Steph's thing although he did punk Morant on his previous drive.

Nb1
05-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Using FG% in 2022 just shows your low IQ. :facepalm Lets just ignore that 3>2.

Kerr took him out with 3.6 seconds left on a defensive possession. Shotblocking really isn't Steph's thing although he did punk Morant on his previous drive.

If you read the post above, someone had mentioned that Morant's shot efficiency was not good. I just showed that Steph's was even worse (i don't know how else you can evaluate shot efficiency other than shot attempted/missed, would be glad to see another way, feel free to do so).And i didn't bring up the argument myself, just pointed out that whatever stats you want to take, Steph was worse than Morant in that game and the thread is about his defense, like wtf. You couldn't go more wrong than picking the worst defender and the guy who was the best scorer on the game.

After seeing the Grizzlies vs Minnesota i don't see how they can beat GS other than a Klay/Poole or Dray injury. There are only 2 good teams in the West that could give GS trouble and they're playing against each other. The winner from Suns-Mavs will be GS's real test. Let's see how Steph performs then under pressure. Would be great if he would finally have great playoff moments after 13 seasons, like 100's of players have already done in many occasions in the past.

So let's see how he performs against them. And ofc Kerr took Steph out since there are at least 5 better defenders on the team and he's not good at it. I have no issues with that, but people should stop pretending he is some kinda amazing defender and even make a thread about it, that's retarded lol. Even his coach knows it's not true and just proved it.

tontoz
05-03-2022, 06:07 PM
If you read the post above, someone had mentioned that Morant's shot efficiency was not good. I just showed that Steph's was even worse (i don't know how else you can evaluate shot efficiency other than shot attempted/missed, would be glad to see another way, feel free to do so).And i didn't bring up the argument myself, just pointed out that whatever stats you want to take, Steph was worse than Morant in that game and the thread is about his defense, like wtf. You couldn't go more wrong than picking the worst defender and the guy who was the best scorer on the game.

After seeing the Grizzlies vs Minnesota i don't see how they can beat GS other than a Klay/Poole or Dray injury. There are only 2 good teams in the West that could give GS trouble and they're playing against each other. The winner from Suns-Mavs will be GS's real test. Let's see how Steph performs then under pressure. Would be great if he would finally have great playoff moments after 13 seasons, like 100's of players have already done in many occasions in the past.

So let's see how he performs against them. And ofc Kerr took Steph out since there are at least 5 better defenders on the team and he's not good at it. I have no issues with that, but people should stop pretending he is some kinda amazing defender and even make a thread about it, that's retarded lol. Even his coach knows it's not true and just proved it.

Like I said low IQ, too dumb to understand that FG% is a useless metric in today's game.

Steph made more 3s and foul shots which leads to a higher TS%. I am sure you are too dumb to calculate a player's TS for an individual game.

Let me break it down for you.

(Ftas x .44) + fgas = total possessions x 2 = total points possible.

Points scored/points possible = true shooting percentage

Curry had a higher TS% than Morant hence he was more efficient although he still wasn't good.

Nb1
05-04-2022, 01:54 AM
Steph -11 worst of his team again and putting the clamps on Ja again!

Spurs m8
05-04-2022, 02:27 AM
Where were the clamps?

Nb1
05-04-2022, 07:51 AM
Where were the clamps?

Did you miss the games? Steph limited Morant on 34-10-9 on the first game and 47-8-8 on the second one. Without Steph’s amazing job Ja would’ve scored 100.

Don’t know why Kerr took him out last seconds of last game on such a crucial moment, they could’ve lost that game since Steph wasn’t there to put the clamps on Ja on the last possession.

But i’m sure he’s gonna be good at home.

kawhileonard2
05-06-2022, 12:51 AM
Where were the clamps?

They weren't against Kyrie either.