PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Gobert close to demanding "him or me" with Mitchell?

Shogon
05-02-2022, 12:50 PM
https://twitter.com/realOCsports/status/1521141215411941376?s=20&t=-RiKPjPhixLUxIQy7aD8Wg

I know I am not usually @utahjazz
breaking news guy, but a source close to situation has informed me that Rudy Gobert is at "him or me" point with Donovan Mitchell and will demand that one of them be traded in next few days. Doesn't feel they will win championship together.

Rudy feels that his own numbers are consistent or getting better, while Don is D liability and is falling off in terms of explosiveness. Gobert also aware of at least 1 Western Conference power that would be willing to pay handsomely for his abilities. (NBA teams never tamper..)

:roll:

Mitchell has always been overrated but Gobert isn't going to be the lead dog on a title team. Either way...

:roll:

999Guy
05-02-2022, 12:57 PM
You realize bad defenders never ever win titles right? Most of NBA history is defenses mucking shit up and winning.

Mitchell’s a golden bum in reality with his flaws. Gobert can go somewhere and immediately create the best team ever.

John_Connor
05-02-2022, 01:04 PM
there's been a ton of great offensive players with poor defense that have led teams to titles.

never has a guy with overrated obsolete defense with no offense ever led a team to a title

Akeem34TheDream
05-02-2022, 01:09 PM
Gobert needs a ball hog pg that will only pass lobs to him. Him and Luka or him and Trae first comes to mind. Actually Hawks with Gobert would be lowkey sick.

Shogon
05-02-2022, 01:11 PM
Gobert needs a ball hog pg that will only pass lobs to him. Him and Luka or him and Trae first comes to mind. Actually Hawks with Gobert would be lowkey sick.

He needs James Harden from like 4+ years ago.

Shogon
05-02-2022, 01:12 PM
You realize bad defenders never ever win titles right? Most of NBA history is defenses mucking shit up and winning.

Mitchell’s a golden bum in reality with his flaws. Gobert can go somewhere and immediately create the best team ever.

What? Neither one of these guys are going to a title as the the best player on the team. Gobert as the second best player with an absolute monster of a star on the team... MAYBE.

Mitchell... just no.

Akeem34TheDream
05-02-2022, 01:24 PM
He needs James Harden from like 4+ years ago.

I agree Gobert is basically a better version of Capela.

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 01:29 PM
I agree Gobert is basically a better version of Capela.

and yet the Hawks were awful on D and the Jazz weren't when Gobert was on the floor

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 01:29 PM
The Raptors could be active on the trade market again looking to add a starting center. The emergence of Scottie Barnes suddenly gives the Raptors more trade options. For example, could OG Anunoby become expendable in their pursuit of an impactful big man? The Raptors have thrived in the regular season with their small starting lineup but they didn’t have much of an answer for Joel Embiid in the playoffs. They make a lot of sense as a Rudy Gobert suitor should the Jazz decide to make significant changes. (https://*********.com/lists/raptors-offseason-preview-extensions-rudy-gobert-pursuit-and-more/) A package including Anunoby, salary filler, and multiple first-round picks could be appealing. There would be a lot of competition for his services and the Raptors could have one of the stronger packages out there.
– via Yossi Gozlan @ ********* (https://*********.com/lists/raptors-offseason-preview-extensions-rudy-gobert-pursuit-and-more/)

Manny98
05-02-2022, 01:36 PM
Jazz will continue to be first round fodder with Rudy as the franchise player, not going anywhere with him leading your team

dirkdiggler41
05-02-2022, 01:41 PM
Jazz will continue to be first round fodder with Rudy as the franchise player, not going anywhere with him leading your team

Nobody is saying Gobert should be the franchise player, they are saying DM is a bad franchise player. Nobody thinks of Gobert as a franchise player.

NBAGOAT
05-02-2022, 01:43 PM
well it's going be mitchell they build around just based on his age. capela/huerter for gobert time. Then trade conley for a wing

hold this L
05-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Rudy is a significantly better and more impactful player than Mitchell, even with his defensive woes.

Proctor
05-02-2022, 01:48 PM
No doubt a one of a kind defensive player, but he's one dimensional. If you can't play him in the playoffs, and you can't afford to pay him, he probably belongs elsewhere. Back to beekeeping in France hopefully

Manny98
05-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Nobody is saying Gobert should be the franchise player, they are saying DM is a bad franchise player. Nobody thinks of Gobert as a franchise player.
Tell that to the troll :oldlol:

jayfan
05-02-2022, 01:55 PM
Rich man's version of Andre Drummond & Reggie Jackson in Detroit. Neither were equipped to be team leaders & foundation pieces, either together or individually.

* Though Drummond & RJ had no animosity with each other.

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 02:03 PM
well it's going be mitchell they build around just based on his age. capela/huerter for gobert time. Then trade conley for a wing

you're losing if you trade Gobert. Don't want Capela. Need expiring contracts and assets

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 02:03 PM
Rudy is a significantly better and more impactful player than Mitchell, even with his defensive woes.

Being that his defensive woes are having to guard his teammates guys as well as his own

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 02:04 PM
https://sircharlesincharge.com/2022/05/01/nba-mock-draft-knicks-mitchell-smith/2/

not unless Barrett is coming west

Kblaze8855
05-02-2022, 02:22 PM
Dallas may not work. Kidd had a comment that may not sit well with a guy who probably thinks shooting 70%(like Deandre Jordan and other dunkers who need guards to put every basket in their lap) means he needs touches:

"We have to adapt," Mavericks coach Jason Kidd said. "Our game plan against Utah is not going to work against the Suns. We've already changed that mindset because we're not playing the Jazz. ... (Ayton and company) can hurt you in the paint.
This isn't Gobert or Whiteside. These guys can put the ball in the basket.''

Rudy seems like he might be the sensitive type.

jayfan
05-02-2022, 02:24 PM
you're losing if you trade Gobert. Don't want Capela. Need expiring contracts and assets

Just out of curiosity, Yao.... would you trade Gobert for Ayton?

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, Yao.... would you trade Gobert for Ayton?

contracts don't work

if you're looking to tank sure.

jayfan
05-02-2022, 02:33 PM
contracts don't work

if you're looking to tank sure.

Disregarding contracts.

rawimpact
05-02-2022, 02:37 PM
Mitchell for Westbrook

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Gobert is at best a 3rd option on a title team

like DeAndre Jordan on the Lob City Clips

thats Gobert

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 02:48 PM

the trolls are out

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 02:50 PM
Disregarding contracts.

I'm not big on tanking personally

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 02:51 PM
Gobert is at best a 3rd option on a title team

like DeAndre Jordan on the Lob City Clips

thats Gobert

Jordan wasn't a one man defense

jayfan
05-02-2022, 02:56 PM
I'm not big on tanking personally

Come on, dude. You honestly think Ayton is that steep a drop from Gobert?

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 03:00 PM
Come on, dude. You honestly think Ayton is that steep a drop from Gobert?

The Jazz have won for 7 plus years when Gobert is on the court. The Suns were a lottery team before Chris Paul. Ayton and Mitchell aren't going anywhere. Jazz were 28th in D without Gobert on the floor.

Overdrive
05-02-2022, 03:08 PM
Hope they trade Gobert to a lottery team. Wanna see what that franchise player AT-great is made of.

HylianNightmare
05-02-2022, 03:12 PM
Blow it up. They'll be better with a different big that can space for dmitch

FultzNationRISE
05-02-2022, 03:19 PM
The irony is both guys are a dying breed, and not in a good way.

The game isnt about small guards or lumbering bigs anymore. It’s about a team full of 6’7-6’9 athletes who can shoot.

A small guard like Chris Paul or Trae Young has to be a great passer. A lumbering big like Jokic or Embiid has to be able to shoot.

Mitchel cant pass and Rudy cant shoot. These are not max contract guys in this league anymore.

In the 90s? Yes, both max guys.

Today?

Role players.

Giving those guys big deals was terrible foresight by the Jazz, altho I can understand their temptation to be immediately decent rather than immediately terrible.

In the end tho, theyll never get off the treadmill with those guys.

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-02-2022, 03:35 PM
Flip him with Capella and call it a day

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 03:37 PM
Hope they trade Gobert to a lottery team. Wanna see what that franchise player AT-great is made of.

we've already seen seen that

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 03:40 PM
Joel Embiid hails from Cameroon, but in the upcoming Olympic Games, he may compete as a member of the French national team. (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/national-teams/1340529/joel-embiid-getting-the-french-nationality/) Per a report by French outlet RMC Sport, the NBA top scorer of the 2021-22 season has initiated administrative procedures to obtain the French nationality.

– via EuroHoops.net (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/national-teams/1340529/joel-embiid-getting-the-french-nationality/)

At 28, the Philadelphia 76ers player may finally get the jersey of the French national team and according to the same report, a visit to France is planned by the end of June to finalize the paperwork. (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/national-teams/1340529/joel-embiid-getting-the-french-nationality/) FIBA ​​regulations allow only one naturalized player per national team. The France team has never used it until now, so it would be a first.
– via EuroHoops.net (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/national-teams/1340529/joel-embiid-getting-the-french-nationality/)

The general manager of the French Basketball Federation, Patrick Beesley had declared that the addition of Embiid was possible. There had already been contacts two years earlier (https://www.eurohoops.net/en/national-teams/1340529/joel-embiid-getting-the-french-nationality/).

Rudy Gobert: Everyday has it’s own new “rumor” (https://*********.com/social/tweets/)

– via Twitter rudygobert27 (https://twitter.com/rudygobert27)

Might see a Gobert/Embiid front court! :cheers:

Manny98
05-02-2022, 03:43 PM
Hawks seem like a great destination for Rudy, him and Trae on the pick and roll would be deadly

Gobert for Capela and Collins

RRR3
05-02-2022, 03:45 PM
Hawks seem like a great destination for Rudy, him and Trae on the pick and roll would be deadly

Can’t wait for Xiao to tell us how Trra is the worst player ever.

Proctor
05-02-2022, 03:51 PM

That would be so nasty and great for Utah. I'd love some Mitchell and Collins. Hawks get slightly better too but they're still a first round exit because of Gobert's deficiencies. As Kidd said, he's no Ayton.

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 03:53 PM
can't quit me

FultzNationRISE
05-02-2022, 05:29 PM

I agree that could be good for both teams.

Jazz can play a little more fast break, up tempo stuff. Capella doesnt care how many shots Donovan takes.

Altho I still dont see it really getting the Jazz anywhere.

Toody obviously gives the Hawks some needed rebounding, and a bigger pick n roll target. Is he gonna complain about Trae’s shot selection tho? Trae’s a better passer than Mitchell, but he still throws up plenty of early shot clock heaves.

Neither team really contends by staying pat, altho if DeAndre Hunter takes another step I still think ATL can be dangerous. I could see it being a solid gamble for both.

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 06:16 PM
I agree that could be good for both teams.

Jazz can play a little more fast break, up tempo stuff. Capella doesnt care how many shots Donovan takes.

Altho I still dont see it really getting the Jazz anywhere.

Toody obviously gives the Hawks some needed rebounding, and a bigger pick n roll target. Is he gonna complain about Trae’s shot selection tho? Trae’s a better passer than Mitchell, but he still throws up plenty of early shot clock heaves.

Neither team really contends by staying pat, altho if DeAndre Hunter takes another step I still think ATL can be dangerous. I could see it being a solid gamble for both.

Gets the jazz in lottery.

LeCola
05-02-2022, 07:03 PM
https://i.ibb.co/wChj7Wc/image.png

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 11:01 PM
Jazz need to tank if they trade their best player. Expiring contracts and assets. ISH doesn't seem to understand how tanking works

Taurus
05-02-2022, 11:34 PM
Two players of that caliber are pretty difficult to come by, especially for a team like the Jazz who don't really attract big name free agents

They also both have glaring flaws in their games, so it'll be interesting to see what the FO decides to do.

8Ball
05-02-2022, 11:37 PM
Westbrook for Gobert.

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 11:41 PM
Two players of that caliber are pretty difficult to come by, especially for a team like the Jazz who don't really attract big name free agents

They also both have glaring flaws in their games, so it'll be interesting to see what the FO decides to do.

exactly. Unless there is something that can't be fixed you keep those guys. COTM has to go as does 6MOTY

Spurs m8
05-03-2022, 12:37 AM
Westbrook for Gobert.

Yeah, I'm sure the Jazz owners would love a Westbrook/Mitchell duet

You 10/10 stupid motherfvcker...as usual

r0drig0lac
05-03-2022, 06:40 AM

:biggums::coleman::oldlol:

SATAN
05-03-2022, 06:56 AM
Westbrook for Gobert.

If Lakers could also get a couple more decent younger shooters or Reaves and THT make a sudden leap it could be pretty crazy tbh. If injuries weren't such an issue again.

Lakers game threads would be chaotic as hell. :lol

Anyway, I can't believe "Toody" has become such a polarizing figure these days. It's kinda weird. :oldlol:

coin24
05-03-2022, 07:49 AM
There’d be a lot of interest in toody, he’s wasted on that team..

Hogovan Mitchell sucks