PDA

View Full Version : A rare positive thread: recognize posters who resist the urge to troll on ISH

RRR3
05-02-2022, 03:56 PM
ISH has always been a bit of a troll board but in recent years it’s become ridiculous. Formerly serious posters have given up on trying but a few remain serious posters. ITT we recognize the posters who actually come here to talk about basketball in a serious fashion.

Shawkfactory
Kblaze
NBAGOAT
DMAVS41

Mr. Woke
05-02-2022, 03:59 PM
I nominate myself.

Unlike the resident hot take artists on this forum, I bring objective basketball analysis, and I fight back against BS right wing fascist propaganda.

RRR3
05-02-2022, 04:00 PM
I nominate myself.

Unlike the resident hot take artists on this forum, I bring objective basketball analysis, and I fight back against BS right wing fascist propaganda.
I said non trolls now shut up, chewing.

Proctor
05-02-2022, 04:02 PM
ISB*

Phoenix
05-02-2022, 04:02 PM
HoopsNY

Mr. Woke
05-02-2022, 04:04 PM

You shut up, Nanners.

You are a shameless defender of the status quo and the authoritarian police state.

Shogon
05-02-2022, 04:07 PM
The fact that OP feels like this even needs to be a thread tells you all you need to know about the state of anonymous and largely unmoderated online posting.

Elon is going to allegedly attempt to solve this problem on twitter... guess we'll see.

If people were forced to use their real names to post and they could only have one account, the quality of discussion would skyrocket.

Human beings are very interesting, are we not? It's amazing how people get on here and literally create fake personas solely in an attempt to deceive gullible and less intelligent people. And it's amazing to me how often it works, also. Actually unreal.

RRR3
05-02-2022, 04:08 PM
The fact that OP feels like this even needs to be a thread tells you all you need to know about the state of anonymous and largely unmoderated online posting.

Elon is going to allegedly attempt to solve this problem on twitter... guess we'll see.

If people were forced to use their real names to post and they could only have one account, the quality of discussion would skyrocket.

Human beings are very interesting, are we not? It's amazing how people get on here and literally create fake personas solely in an attempt to deceive gullible and less intelligent people. And it's amazing to me how often it works, also. Actually unreal.
Elon trolls all the time so I doubt he’ll do shit.

Westbrook_Fan
05-02-2022, 04:12 PM
I nominate myself…

Shogon
05-02-2022, 04:13 PM
Well to be fair I guess I should say he's trying to fix the bots problem of fake accounts spreading malicious misinformation, typically adversarial state run bots... not just trolling, but yeah... he does.

8Ball
05-02-2022, 04:38 PM
When was this board not a troll fest?

Which year?

Spurs m8
05-02-2022, 04:39 PM
So exposing the truth is trolling?

Riiiight

Everything I say is a fact...that isn't trolling

RRR3
05-02-2022, 04:41 PM

Riiiight

Literally no one mentioned you.

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 05:03 PM
ISH has always been a bit of a troll board but in recent years it’s become ridiculous. Formerly serious posters have given up on trying but a few remain serious posters. ITT we recognize the posters who actually come here to talk about basketball in a serious fashion.

Shawkfactory
Kblaze
NBAGOAT
DMAVS41

Dude you're one of the biggest trolls in this bitch. Once again bron stans showing they're one of the most unaware fan base alive:facepalm

Akeem34TheDream
05-02-2022, 05:06 PM
GimmeThat is a respectable poster

Shogon
05-02-2022, 05:10 PM

This post right here automatically disqualifies you.

FKAri
05-02-2022, 05:37 PM
When it comes to not trolling and being unbiased, NBAGOAT is the GOAT.

I'd also add Phoenix to your list. And this Akeem34TheDream guy ain't bad either.

Dude you're one of the biggest trolls in this bitch. Once again bron stans showing they're one of the most unaware fan base alive:facepalm

Aren't you a Bron fan too? Well I'd classify you as more of a Steph Curry hater than anything else. Nothing unreasonable just normal sports fan biases(relative to my viewpoints that is). By ISH standards you're an arbiter of justice. You also don't troll much so I'd add you to the list too.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2022, 05:39 PM

I'd also add Phoenix to your list. And this Akeem34TheDream guy ain't bad either.

Aren't you a Bron fan too? Well I'd classify you as more of a Steph Curry hater than anything else. Nothing unreasonable just normal sports fan biases(relative to my viewpoints that is). By ISH standards you're an arbiter of justice. You also don't troll much so I'd add you to the list too.

he says dumb shit sometimes like griffin is done or stuff like that

simple takes largely based on simple narratives

NBAGOAT
05-02-2022, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the shoutouts. I never claim to be that knowledgeable and didn’t watch too much of the regular season this year. People on realgm, Reddit or other forums know way more than me. The standards to be a good poster aren’t high here and it’s ridiculous how often people even disagree with the simplest narrative

Simple example you thinking blake can still be a contributor lol.

FultzNationRISE
05-02-2022, 05:55 PM

Finally, something we can all agree on.

RRR3
05-02-2022, 07:59 PM
Did I say I wasn’t a troll? Where did I name myself? Why do you continuously proudly prove you can’t read?

RRR3
05-02-2022, 08:00 PM

He hates LeBron and constantly trolls about him check the threads he’s made.

E_Stamkos
05-02-2022, 08:22 PM
Every single last one of you can suck down on my bootyhole

SouBeachTalents
05-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Every single last one of you can suck down on my bootyhole
https://c.tenor.com/GzfGa4a-b6IAAAAC/glen-davis-lick-lips.gif

FultzNationRISE
05-02-2022, 08:32 PM
Did I say I wasn’t a troll? Where did I name myself? Why do you continuously proudly prove you can’t read?

It’s weird you still pretend not to be the SATAN account.

jstern
05-02-2022, 08:41 PM
And me. Though I mainly just lurk the NBA forum now days. I not only resist, but I simply have no urge to troll.

There are many others. Technically Jasper is not trolling.

HoopsNY
05-02-2022, 09:00 PM
HoopsNY

I appreciate the shout out. I've become less active as the trolling on this forum has become too much. Hopefully the forum can attract better posters and have better discussions in the future.

3ball posts the same stuff every day. The best way to deal with this is to simply not respond. The same goes for the LeBron stans.

Axe
05-02-2022, 09:27 PM
@Fonz

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 09:29 PM

No i hate on alot of the bron stans on here because they're trolls but i don't either hate or love bron. Apparently if you don't worship him you're a hater though according to some. To be fair the same can be said about some mj stans. And I do think mj is a better player than bron but i don't love mj either. I don't get grown men loving another man they've never met. It's the weirdest shit ever.

As far as steph i honestly wouldn't hate on him if his stans would just chill and not make ridiculous proclamations about his greatness. If they just let him be what is i wouldn't say anything about Steph. All in all he's a great player and an exciting player that will go down as a top 20 all time. Nothing wrong with that.

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 09:31 PM
Did I say I wasn’t a troll? Where did I name myself? Why do you continuously proudly prove you can’t read?:oldlol: no but when you make a thread like this it's kind of assumed. I'll give u credit though for admitting you're a troll. Thats the first step in admitting you have a problem.

RRR3
05-02-2022, 09:32 PM
:oldlol: no but when you make a thread like this it's kind of assumed. I'll give u credit though for admitting you're a troll. Thats the first step in admitting you have a problem.
No it isn't or I would have listed my self. There are like 5 nontroll posters on the board, and you're not one of them, either.

Bronbron23
05-02-2022, 09:37 PM
No it isn't or I would have listed my self. There are like 5 nontroll posters on the board, and you're not one of them, either.

Oh no i didn't make your subjective wack ass list:roll:

RRR3
05-02-2022, 09:44 PM
Oh no i didn't make your subjective wack ass list:roll:
Steaming

Jasper
05-02-2022, 10:49 PM
When was this board not a troll fest?

Which year?

pretty much covers it.

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2022, 11:11 PM
a troll recognizing non trolls :roll:

RRR3
05-02-2022, 11:17 PM
Can't quit me

coin24
05-03-2022, 07:51 AM
OP has 50 alts and a saggy pair of man tits

FKAri
05-03-2022, 01:22 PM

Done as in out of the league or done as in relegated to spot minutes off the bench dependent on matchups? I'd agree with the latter. I can't think of a single thing he's posted that has made me go "wtf". Rare occurence on ISH.

No i hate on alot of the bron stans on here because they're trolls but i don't either hate or love bron. Apparently if you don't worship him you're a hater though according to some. To be fair the same can be said about some mj stans. And I do think mj is a better player than bron but i don't love mj either. I don't get grown men loving another man they've never met. It's the weirdest shit ever.

As far as steph i honestly wouldn't hate on him if his stans would just chill and not make ridiculous proclamations about his greatness. If they just let him be what is i wouldn't say anything about Steph. All in all he's a great player and an exciting player that will go down as a top 20 all time. Nothing wrong with that.

It's just that one guy, Stephonit. Other than that there are no ridiculous Steph fans. But every player has that 1 ridiculous fan on ISH. That one DRose fan. 3ball for MJ. kenny for Kobe. "Simon" for Lebron. But Lebron has multiple ridiculous fans. Though I always found the Lebron haters to be more ridiculous than the fans on ISH. Kind of the opposite from most places on the Web.

Riiiight

See I believe I am a tpols level poster. Which is to say about average in quality and in terms of trolling. And spursm8 is like a worse version of tpols. All his posts are always complaining about something and pure negativity.

OP has 50 alts and a saggy pair of man tits

But THIS guy is the worst poster on ISH by almost every metric: Content, insight, entertainment. He's a much worse version of spursm8. At least 3ball posts actual basketball arguments. Kenny and Simon can be entertaining. And at least spursm8 isn't an idiot. But all of this guy's posts are the same banal insult.

Bronbron23
05-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Done as in out of the league or done as in relegated to spot minutes off the bench dependent on matchups? I'd agree with the latter. I can't think of a single thing he's posted that has made me go "wtf". Rare occurence on ISH.

It's just that one guy, Stephonit. Other than that there are no ridiculous Steph fans. But every player has that 1 ridiculous fan on ISH. That one DRose fan. 3ball for MJ. kenny for Kobe. "Simon" for Lebron. But Lebron has multiple ridiculous fans. Though I always found the Lebron haters to be more ridiculous than the fans on ISH. Kind of the opposite from most places on the Web.

See I believe I am a tpols level poster. Which is to say about average in quality and in terms of trolling. And spursm8 is like a worse version of tpols. All his posts are always complaining about something and pure negativity.

But THIS guy is the worst poster on ISH by almost every metric: Content, insight, entertainment. He's a much worse version of spursm8. At least 3ball posts actual basketball arguments. Kenny and Simon can be entertaining. And at least spursm8 isn't an idiot. But all of this guy's posts are the same banal insult.

That's true every player has it's over the top but bron has more than most on here unless it's all one guy with multiple alts which is pretty likely given they all sound exactly alike.

Akeem34TheDream
05-03-2022, 03:25 PM
I don't know about you guys but i kinda like the shithole vibe this forum gives. It's very sincere. You just have to avoid some threads otherwise your iq will drop significantly.

Manny98
05-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Can't quit me

:roll: