PDA

View Full Version : Is Giannis best defender in the NBA right now?

Akeem34TheDream
05-02-2022, 05:34 PM
He is better than Gobert and Embiid. Draymond is close but i would prefer Giannis. I'm sure some of you will say Lebron(lol). It is definitely not Marcus Smart, not even close. Is he even the best defender in the Celtics? I am not sure.

Im Still Ballin
05-02-2022, 05:38 PM
Healthy AD might be the only guy whose defensive 'package' is as, or more impressive.

Akeem34TheDream
05-02-2022, 05:46 PM
Healthy AD might be the only guy whose defensive 'package' is as, or more impressive.

I agree. Imagine AD and Giannis on the same team. That defense would be insane. However i think AD peaked and will regress from now on. He won't be the same player.

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-02-2022, 05:55 PM
Best wing defenders: Kawhi and Tatum

Best big man defenders: Giannis and Draymond

Overall best i would say are Kawhi and Giannis

Full Court
05-02-2022, 07:09 PM
He is better than Gobert and Embiid. Draymond is close but i would prefer Giannis. I'm sure some of you will say Lebron(lol). It is definitely not Marcus Smart, not even close. Is he even the best defender in the Celtics? I am not sure.

Isn't this 2022...? Lol.

Giannis is up there at the top for sure.

1987_Lakers
05-02-2022, 07:13 PM
Maybe a healthy Draymond.

8Ball
05-02-2022, 07:15 PM

Healthy Kawhi is great but we haven't seen that since 2019.

Im so nba'd out
05-02-2022, 07:20 PM
FK no

Man not better than (clears throat this is gonna be a long list)

Bam
Gobert (underated....idk how but he is)
Embiid
AD (underrated pre championship)
Tatum (underrated)
takes a breath.....
Draymond
Pj Tucker (underrated)
Jrue Holiday
Marcus Smart
Robert Twig Williams
Evan Mobley (underrated)
Myles Turner
Bridges
Ayton
Benjamin Simmons
Caruso (underrated)

he is in the tier with
Robert Covington
Scottie Barnes
Jaren Jackson (overrated)
Lonzo
Kleber
Kawhi

and just a tier above john collins and ppl like that

Giannis is a very overrated defender...thats the only thing that is overatted about him

Round Mound
05-03-2022, 02:52 AM
I don't know if he is the best defender but probably the best player overall in the nba right now.

DidUSaySomethin
05-03-2022, 05:05 AM

Draymond's definitely better than Kawhi

ImKobe
05-03-2022, 05:12 AM
Him and AD are the two most talented all-around defenders in the league, neither have done it consistently since 2020. Giannis is definitely playing at that level in these POs though.

Pointguard
05-03-2022, 11:59 PM
Giannis is definitely the best help defender and easily the most clutch big time defensive play maker. Right now he's the only one that can alter Booker's shot and Ayton's dunk on the same play. One of maybe two that's getting a clutch chase down block. Of all the shot blockers he's the hardest to get around. Only Bam, plays defense with awareness and activity of Giannis.

Cold soul
05-04-2022, 12:53 AM
I agree. Imagine AD and Giannis on the same team. That defense would be insane. However i think AD peaked and will regress from now on. He won't be the same player.

Both AD and Giannis on the same team would destroy the entire league what a force that would be. I wish AD played as hard and with heart like Giannis does every single game.

Jasper
05-04-2022, 06:36 PM

AD wanted to come to Milwaukee

Axe
05-05-2022, 04:03 AM
Oh not toody? :cry:

kawhileonard2
05-06-2022, 12:46 AM
Kawhi is.

Pointguard
05-09-2022, 10:49 PM
FK no

Man not better than (clears throat this is gonna be a long list)

Bam
Gobert (underated....idk how but he is)
Embiid
AD (underrated pre championship)
Tatum (underrated)
takes a breath.....
Draymond
Pj Tucker (underrated)
Jrue Holiday
Marcus Smart
Robert Twig Williams
Evan Mobley (underrated)
Myles Turner
Bridges
Ayton
Benjamin Simmons
Caruso (underrated)

Giannis is a very overrated defender...thats the only thing that is overatted about him
That's a good list. But I would put a video of Giannis defense only on All stars or of blocking dunks that would match any video of the top 5 of your list above combined. That's how you know he's in a different class. Obviously, when he steals the ball he's definitely on another level because his defense to offense is way better than any of theirs.