PDA

View Full Version : Which team this offseason will be dumb enough to absolutely max out James Harden?

Shogon
05-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Cause you know someone is probably going to do it.

Will Philly feel the pressure to win now with Embiid(sorry, too late, you guys blew it btw)?

Some other team?

What say you?

8Ball
05-03-2022, 11:50 AM
Philly has no choice.

Harden will only regress unless he starts training 3 hrs a day in the off season.

All that talent wasted on strippers and alcohol.

fourkicks44
05-03-2022, 11:56 AM
Morey is in a tough situation.

You go back to February and there is no doubt he wanted to give Harden that money.

Now I'm sure he knows he can't do it. It will destroy his reputation as a GM and handicap the team for 5 years. Although agents will love him knowing he is so generous.

He is a smart guy tho. He can be creative when he needs to be and definitely needs to be now. He has some work to do this summer. Not sure how it's gonna go.

My gut says in the end Harden goes elsewhere.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 12:40 PM
It’s interesting because I really cant think of a team he makes sense for, EXCEPT...

...and I’m serious about this...

The Lakers in exchange for Westbrook.

Harden would fit with LeSniper, AD, Monk and Nunn.

DO IT, ROB. :crazysam:

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 12:46 PM
S&T Harden for Westbrook’s juicy expirer.

Lebron’s only with LAL one more year anyway. Roll the dice on Harden next year and if it doesnt work out, just bounce and let the rest of Harden’s max contract be the Lakers problem to worry about while youre back in Cleveland leading a young hungry team to mo’ chips.

The Plan ™

tontoz
05-03-2022, 04:42 PM
Being out of shape the last two years isn't a good look for Harden. I know he's had hamstring issues but lack of fitness will definitely come up in contract negotiations.

red1
05-03-2022, 04:43 PM
sixers fans are going to hate harden if they resign him

let him walk

red1
05-03-2022, 04:43 PM
Morey is in a tough situation.

You go back to February and there is no doubt he wanted to give Harden that money.

Now I'm sure he knows he can't do it. It will destroy his reputation as a GM and handicap the team for 5 years. Although agents will love him knowing he is so generous.

He is a smart guy tho. He can be creative when he needs to be and definitely needs to be now. He has some work to do this summer. Not sure how it's gonna go.

My gut says in the end Harden goes elsewhere.

yeah. harden is trash my dude. maxey is literally 100x better.

BigKobeFan
05-03-2022, 04:51 PM
Harden for bran

tontoz
05-03-2022, 04:55 PM
If they let him walk it looks like they will be roughly $20 million under the cap. Not a bad place to be with a legit 1/2. Their only bad contract would be Tobias.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 04:56 PM
Harden for bran

As a lifelong, hardcore Lakers fan, I would also gladly support this.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 04:57 PM
If they let him walk it looks like they will be roughly $20 million under the cap. Not a bad place to be with a legit 1/2. Their only bad contract would be Tobias.

I don't know why they all complain about him. Granted I dont watch much regular season. He's had a solid playoffs so far.

Proctor
05-03-2022, 05:00 PM
The funny thing is all Sixer fans do is gripe and gripe about Tobias Harris (who has been very good for a long time) until they're blue in the face but excuse Harden being a pile of trash. "Oh, at least he facilitates!" "Oh, at least he's scoring a little!"

:roll:

The Sixers would be in a better spot (when Embiid is playing) starting Korkmaz instead. Maxey > Harden. Harris > Harden.

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-03-2022, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't even want him on clippers he seems past his prime. He was smart for leaving nets but just not the same player. He has regressed back into 2012 harden

tontoz
05-03-2022, 05:12 PM
I don't know why they all complain about him. Granted I dont watch much regular season. He's had a solid playoffs so far.

He is making $34 million and averaged 17 ppg this season with average efficiency. He was better last year.

fourkicks44
05-03-2022, 06:29 PM
He is making $34 million and averaged 17 ppg this season with average efficiency. He was better last year.

The "problem" with Tobias is obviously his contract and that is why he gets so much heat because he is not a player of the calibre that money and cap space should be used for. If he earned half of what he does people would be praisng him for his value and the roster could be expanded and strengthned. His contract is immovable now and the constraints on roster depth is apparent.

There many other glaring issue is his game style in general. He has always been a reluctant 3pt shooter when it is something the team desperately needs, especially during the Simmons era when they both played on court together most of the time. Even now, watch him shoot from the outside, never have I seen a player shoot so close to the 3 pt line every single time he attempts and outside shot. He toes that line like there are land mines a foot away from the arc.

His offense is traditionally so slow as his decision making. His main offensive weapon is 15 second backdowns into contested fadeaway mid range jumpshots. This isn't conducive to todays game and is especially problematic when the team's number scorer and best scorer in professional basketball primarily operates from the paint. Plus he struggles to get to the free throw line way more than he should.

Statistically he had a great season last year but the drop in his performance during the playoffs is an almost understated factor in why the team lost to the Hawks. This year he had had to take on a bigger defensive role with Ben gone. He has always been a passable one on one defender due to his size, his off ball defence has always been questionable at the best of times.

Since Harden has arrived he has been forced to change his role and too his credit he has thrived. His 3pt attempts off catch a shoot opportunities has increased, limited back down bullshit, quicker decision making and quick transition attacks on the hoop.

This playoffs so far he has taken it to another level. He has been the most consistent player. His defence has been phenomenal. Especially on Siakiam, I have never seen him go so hard on a player like that. Last night his D on Jimmy was solid also, I know he takes that match up personally because he has Jimmy's money. Which ultimately is the major problem cause even playing at this level that contract still can't be justified.

That is the low down on Tobias from someone that watches closely.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 06:37 PM
The thing is you usually have to pay a big price for a small increase above replacement value.

A lot of teams have guys in that situation. It’s the price you pay for signing someone who’s already established himself versus taking a chance on an unproven guy. The difference in salary usually ends up disproportionate to the difference in impact.

You might pay almost twice as much for a guy who’s gonna give you 2-3 extra points per game.

Just gotta hope it makes the difference in getting over the hump.

Ofc only 1 team can win each year so it is what it is.

Spurs m8
05-03-2022, 06:48 PM
They're in a hard spot considering what they gave up for him

Do you give up that much for a 3 month rental?
Hell no.

So they have to save face there....

But signing him again also means not winning a championship....

Hard one

Spurs m8
05-03-2022, 07:01 PM
Actually...its not hard..I'd kick that b1tch to the curb.

But they're not as bright as me

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2022, 07:49 PM
Actually...its not hard..I'd kick that b1tch to the curb.

But they're not as bright as me

Say something nice about Lebron right now.