PDA

View Full Version : Curry > Shaq & Lebron

3ba11
05-08-2022, 01:50 AM
Curry's skillset is the reason the Warriors have such great chemistry - he can get 30 without disrupting the flow, so his skillset is like a perfect 10 dive that doesn't disrupt the water

Put any roster around him and his skillset will eventually yield a champion due to the player development and chemistry that his skillset yields - he can have a good team due to brand of ball, so he needs less talent.

He also possesses the elite jumpshooting skill needed to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load in playoffs and Finals of title run - this means 10 ppg more than sidekick in playoffs and Finals)

I have him #5 all-time

1987_Lakers
05-08-2022, 01:51 AM
Not even a year ago...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

1987_Lakers
05-08-2022, 01:54 AM
Another one...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?492449-It-s-time-to-admit-the-16-Warriors-weren-t-that-good-amp-simply-had-strategy-because

red1
05-08-2022, 01:55 AM
4 finals MVPs

only finals MVP over a 70-win team

suck it 3ball

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f321b1da1a9b72bf6df592bc03c46805/tumblr_ppryjl8vcB1ue1d0so1_400.gif

3ba11
05-08-2022, 01:55 AM
Another one...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?492449-It-s-time-to-admit-the-16-Warriors-weren-t-that-good-amp-simply-had-strategy-because

Isn't it amazing that Curry and Giannis proving me wrong??.. It confirms their greatness

That's what the goats do.

heck, in 1985 I probably would've been like:

"that skinny little shooting guard will never win anything - it's a big man's league - and everyone knows that scoring champs can't win"

lol.. goat gonna goat

red1
05-08-2022, 01:57 AM
Isn't it amazing that Curry and Giannis proving me wrong??.. It confirms their greatness

heck, in 1985 I probably would've been like"

"that skinny little shooting guard will never win anything - it's a big man's league - and everyone knows that scoring champs can't win"

lol.. goat gonna goat

hold that L my guy

you said he'd never win a ring - you're ****ing retarded :roll:

1987_Lakers
05-08-2022, 01:57 AM
Klay doesn't turn this borderline playoff team into a 73-win team, so it was just the strategy edge that the league caught up to.

The 16' Warriors style is now the league standard

So Curry is just a 3-point shooter that benefits from the format and the 16' Warriors weren't that good - they just had a short-lived strategy edge and needed KD to actually win

Btw, don't pretend the other pieces like Harrison Barnes were the difference.. system bums like Dray and other role players thrived under the new strategy advantage but now look bummy without the strategy edge

This, along with the Oubre > Klay thread shows nobody should ever listen to you when you bring up the Warriors.

3ba11
05-08-2022, 01:59 AM
This, along with the Oubre > Klay thread shows nobody should ever listen to you when you bring up the Warriors.

Oubre > Klay was a troll and Curry/Giannis proved me wrong

Surely after 40k posts, you can find more than that... :whatever:

Axe
05-08-2022, 02:04 AM
2/7

6-16

;)

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-08-2022, 02:12 AM
The 2010s era was about curry and kawhi they were the stars of every finals from 2013-2019

Curry and kawhi represent 2010's

The 2000s would be Kobe and shaq

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-08-2022, 02:13 AM
2/7

6-16

;)

Curry won 73 games in 2016 and was beat up in 2016 playoffs missing games.

Curry was healthy in 2019 and had Durant doing his dirty work in reg season.

I would say kawhi beat the better and more experienced version of Curry.

red1
05-08-2022, 02:14 AM
Curry won 73 games in 2016 and was beat up in 2016 playoffs missing games.

Curry was healthy in 2019 and had Durant doing his dirty work in reg season.

I would say kawhi beat the better and more experienced version of Curry.

what about this dagger for the championship right in kawhi's grill. how do you feel about that.

https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818159/lebronclutch.gif

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-08-2022, 02:19 AM
what about this dagger for the championship right in kawhi's grill. how do you feel about that.

https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818159/lebronclutch.gif

I'm glad they lost because they didn't feed kawhi the ball enough.

2014 finals 3 straight wins:

Hung kawhi - 24 PPG

Tim Duncuck - 12 PPG

Kawhi doubled Duncan's points

red1
05-08-2022, 02:23 AM

Hung kawhi - 24 PPG

Tim Duncuck - 12 PPG

spurs are just lucky that dwade's knees finally fell apart in 2014. he played his entire career without part of his left knee, he had it removed in college.

wade and lebron would've taken pop duncan and kawhi's soul again.

RRR3
05-08-2022, 02:30 AM

lol.. goat gonna goat
Curry proved you wrong by missing the playoffs? You don’t even make sense. Worst troll ever.

3ba11
05-08-2022, 02:31 AM
spurs are just lucky that dwade's knees finally fell apart in 2014. he played his entire career without part of his left knee, he had it removed in college.

wade and lebron would've taken pop duncan and kawhi's soul again.

In the 2014 ECF, Wade was equal-scoring partner to Lebron (20 to 23 ppg) and played great

So you're wrong - Wade was still an all-star from 13-16' and was a star in the 16' Playoffs

But the 14' Finals was tough because the Spurs had solved the weak fit between Lebron and Wade, so Wade's opportunities were all but eliminated - the Spurs made him a spot-up shooter.. Otherwise, he was an all-star from 13-16' and played well..

The odds were even heading into the Finals, but the Heat lost by record amount due to inferior brand of ball - that's Lebron's fault for hogging the assists and getting the team massively out-assisted (low assist team)

red1
05-08-2022, 02:34 AM
In the 2014 ECF, Wade was equal-scoring partner to Lebron (20 to 23 ppg) and played great

So you're wrong - Wade was still an all-star from 13-16' and was a star in the 16' Playoffs

But the 14' Finals was tough because the Spurs had solved the weak fit between Lebron and Wade, so Wade's opportunities were all but eliminated - the Spurs made him a spot-up shooter.. Otherwise, he was an all-star from 13-16' and played well
I'm not wrong because I only give takes on the things that I actually know. lebron was the best player in the world in 2014. by miles. best player in the playoffs and the finals too.

like I said. spurs are just lucky that wade's knees fell apart. wade and lebron gave pop his only loss in the finals. people will say ray allen but we all know who really took their soul.

red1
05-08-2022, 02:39 AM
the western conference was the gauntlet throughout most of pop's career. if they made it to the finals they'd just shit on the eastern conference team who managed to survive to the end. including the first time that lebron carried a bunch of scrubs to the finals destroying the former champion pistons in the process. that was a free series win for the spurs in the finals against the cavs with boobie gibson as the second best player.

felt good to see lebron and wade take the spurs soul

https://i.gifer.com/embedded/download/VyQ9.gif

3ba11
05-08-2022, 02:39 AM
I'm not wrong because I only give takes on the things that I actually know. lebron was the best player in the world in 2014. by miles. best player in the playoffs and the finals too.

like I said. spurs are just lucky that wade's knees fell apart. wade and lebron gave pop his only loss in the finals. people will say ray allen but we all know who really took their soul.

Lebron has been the best raw talent but never the best player due to woat brand of ball, which causes favored talent to underachieve - specifically, his hand-picked preseason favorites (talent favorite) fell to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16') - so he's the shining example of a bad brand causing favored talent to underachieve

Ultimately, Lebron's big man ball-dominance is the worst brand of ball ever (worst teammate fits, teammate development, chemistry and strategy)... So he's a talent-based winner (all-star team strategy) that never learned how to win (brand of ball)

red1
05-08-2022, 02:47 AM
Lebron has been the best raw talent but never the best player due to woat brand of ball, which causes favored talent to underachieve - specifically, his hand-picked preseason favorites (talent favorite) fell to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16') - so he's the shining example of a bad brand causing favored talent to underachieve

Ultimately, Lebron's big man ball-dominance is the worst brand of ball ever (worst teammate fits, teammate development, chemistry and strategy)... So he's a talent-based winner (all-star team strategy) that never learned how to win (brand of ball)

I think you're hating. Lebron only has losses to dynasties the likes of which mike never played one single time. mike never played a single team as good as the spurs who had a core talented enough to take out prime shaq and kobe. nor did mike ever play a single team as good as the kd curry klay warriors. the only other loss that lebron has on his record is his choke against the mavs - the mavs that literally swept kobe gasol and odom's defending champion lakers.

other than that lebron has one GOAT playoff game performance after another. four finals MVPs, no player other than mj himself has that many finals MVPs. lebron leapfrogged magic, larry, shaq, duncan, kobe, etc etc with that legendary accolade of 4 finals MVPs. the 2016 finals putting up back to back 40 point games and triple double to close out the series - that's just icing on the cake.

give it up dude. you said he wouldnt retire top-15. now it's undisputed top-5.

Phoenix
05-08-2022, 03:24 AM

lol.. goat gonna goat

It merely confirms you're an attention seeking jackass.

Spurs m8
05-08-2022, 05:34 AM
lol 3ball has these boys in a spin, as usual

John8204
05-08-2022, 06:15 AM
Shaq really shouldn't be in the same conversation as Curry and Lebron...Shaq had one good run with Kobe and quit leaving rings on the table. Shaq wasn't able to win with Penny, Nash Lebron and the Celtics super team. Lebron has had to rebuild a championship team every five years while Curry changed the way the game was played.

Phoenix
05-08-2022, 06:21 AM
Shaq really shouldn't be in the same conversation as Curry and Lebron...Shaq had one good run with Kobe and quit leaving rings on the table. Shaq wasn't able to win with Penny, Nash Lebron and the Celtics super team. Lebron has had to rebuild a championship team every five years while Curry changed the way the game was played.

He lost in 95 with a young Penny to peak Hakeem, and held his own well enough to win. The bigger difference was the Magic role players getting badly outplayed( and Nick Anderson's all-time choke in game 1 probably killed them mentally).

Too old when he played with Nash and Lebron, and literally on his last legs with the Celtics in 2011. Had they won that year no-one is giving him props for it like 2000-2002 or to a lesser extent, 2006.

John8204
05-08-2022, 07:08 AM
He lost in 95 with a young Penny to peak Hakeem, and held his own well enough to win. The bigger difference was the Magic role players getting badly outplayed( and Nick Anderson's all-time choke in game 1 probably killed them mentally).

Too old when he played with Nash and Lebron, and literally on his last legs with the Celtics in 2011. Had they won that year no-one is giving him props for it like 2000-2002 or to a lesser extent, 2006.

You don't get to make situational excuses when you leave a championship team (Lakers)...also I don't think his age mattered as he just waddled down the floor and sat under the basket to get cheap baskets.

LeCola
05-08-2022, 08:04 AM

Hung kawhi - 24 PPG

Tim Duncuck - 12 PPG

2014 Finals:

22 Years Old Kawhi: 17.8/6.4/2
37 Years Old Duncan 15.4/10/2

Duncan is a top 10 player.
Kawhi is top 30 at best.

Phoenix
05-08-2022, 08:17 AM
You don't get to make situational excuses when you leave a championship team (Lakers)...also I don't think his age mattered as he just waddled down the floor and sat under the basket to get cheap baskets.

It's not a situational excuse just because it doesn't fit into your narrative. It's sheer ignorance to act like 39 year old Shaq in 2011 is as culpable as 29 year old Shaq in 2001 for his teams success or failure, or that Shaq someone failed at 23, in 1995, because he lost to Hakeem while the rest of his team got trumped by the Rockets.

Plus, you act like he wasn't on a championship team two years after leaving the Lakers. Hell, if Wade doesn't get injured in the 2005 ECFs against the Pistons they quite possibly win that year. The reality is that the Kobe/Shaq pairing had run its course by 2004.

Bronbron23
05-08-2022, 09:05 AM
Curry's skillset is the reason the Warriors have such great chemistry - he can get 30 without disrupting the flow, so his skillset is like a perfect 10 dive that doesn't disrupt the water

Put any roster around him and his skillset will eventually yield a champion due to the player development and chemistry that his skillset yields - he can have a good team due to brand of ball, so he needs less talent.

He also possesses the elite jumpshooting skill needed to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load in playoffs and Finals of title run - this means 10 ppg more than sidekick in playoffs and Finals)

I have him #5 all-time

Any roster? He had kd and possibly the greatest roster ever to win his chips and the one chip he has without kd was an huge asterisk.

John8204
05-08-2022, 09:11 AM
It's not a situational excuse just because it doesn't fit into your narrative. It's sheer ignorance to act like 39 year old Shaq in 2011 is as culpable as 29 year old Shaq in 2001 for his teams success or failure, or that Shaq someone failed at 23, in 1995, because he lost to Hakeem while the rest of his team got trumped by the Rockets.

Plus, you act like he wasn't on a championship team two years after leaving the Lakers. Hell, if Wade doesn't get injured in the 2005 ECFs against the Pistons they quite possibly win that year. The reality is that the Kobe/Shaq pairing had run its course by 2004.

It doesn't run it's course when you are talking about making the finals and having 50+ wins. Curry and Lebron would never leave a good situation...Shaq left good situations time after time he's a fat lazy front runner and one of the most overrated players of all-time

8Ball
05-08-2022, 09:15 AM
Not even a year ago...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

He relies on today's high-screen, drive-and-kick strategy.

This strategy allows 3-point shooters to stand and wait for kickouts, thus adding to the attempts they get off-the-dribble or off screens - if Curry had to run off screens with a defender stuck to him like Reggie Miller had to do, he would barely get off 5 theees a game..

Curry actually took 5 threes a game for 3 straight years and was a 19 ppg scorer, but then the league strategy became the aforementioned 3-point contest, which allowed Curry's production to reach elite levels.

Ultimately, he's just a 3-point shooter, so he's 1-dimensional.

We can only assume OP doesn't believe anything he is saying.

Axe
05-08-2022, 09:29 AM
We can only assume OP doesn't believe anything he is saying.
Well he is merry andrew, after all.

Shooter
05-08-2022, 09:49 AM
4 finals MVPs

only finals MVP over a 70-win team

suck it 3ball

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f321b1da1a9b72bf6df592bc03c46805/tumblr_ppryjl8vcB1ue1d0so1_400.gif

Phoenix
05-08-2022, 09:51 AM
It doesn't run it's course when you are talking about making the finals and having 50+ wins. Curry and Lebron would never leave a good situation...Shaq left good situations time after time he's a fat lazy front runner and one of the most overrated players of all-time

Which, again, might actually be a point if he didn't win 59 games/ECFs in 2005, and 52 games/title in 2006. You act like Shaq left the team and won 30 games or some shit. Staying with the Lakers after 2004 with Malone retiring, Payton gone, a worst supporting cast than the 3peats years, and Kobe/Shaq's then irreconcilable differences would have led to worse results than what the Heat did in 2005 and 2006. So your version of a 'good situation' he left was a team that likely barely grazes 50 wins and then gets bounced by the Spurs, instead of going to a team with a younger star on the rise that instantly becomes a title contender and champion within 2 years.

Full Court
05-08-2022, 11:37 AM
Curry gets a lot of unfair treatment on here, but I don't see any argument for putting him over Shaq or Bronie.

Shooter
05-08-2022, 11:40 AM
So a player less than Curry carried Kobe?

So Curry > Kobe? Thanks OP :lol

j3lademaster
05-08-2022, 11:50 AM
It doesn't run it's course when you are talking about making the finals and having 50+ wins. Curry and Lebron would never leave a good situation...Shaq left good situations time after time he's a fat lazy front runner and one of the most overrated players of all-timeFat and lazy is fine, but overrated? I guess that depends on how much value you weigh on peak play in your criteria, he's the most dominant force of nature I've ever seen though.

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2022, 11:57 AM

Lol, didn't even think about this :lol Shaq was better than Kobe while they were on the same team, but somehow Kobe > Curry > Shaq.

Full Court
05-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Lol, didn't even think about this :lol Shaq was better than Kobe while they were on the same team, but somehow Kobe > Curry > Shaq.

You can't argue against this.^

j3lademaster
05-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Lol, didn't even think about this :lol Shaq was better than Kobe while they were on the same team, but somehow Kobe > Curry > Shaq.The only way to put Kobe over Shaq is to value longevity over peak play. But then you have to admit Lebron and Kareem are top 2.

ImKobe
05-08-2022, 12:05 PM

Carried Kobe? Phil and Shaq said that Kobe was the best player on the team and in the world at the time.

Also, wasn't Curry carried by your logic, as he didn't win FMVP? That's the Shaq argument, right?

Iggy carried Curry in 2015 and was clearly the best player on the Warriors all year because of the FMVP
KD carried Curry in '17 & '18 because he won the FMVP, right?

ImKobe
05-08-2022, 12:06 PM
The only way to put Kobe over Shaq is to value longevity over peak play. But then you have to admit Lebron and Kareem are top 2.

Not necessarily. Kobe was in his prime when he made 3 straight Finals and won 2 without Shaq, and he didn't need a player on the level of his '00-'02 version or '06 Wade to pull that off either.

tpols
05-08-2022, 01:10 PM
I mean... that was always the case. People get on LeBron for his team hopping with superstars. Shaq hopped from Penny to Kobe to Wade to Nash to LeBron and then to the Big 3 Celtics. This dude did a world tour looking for rings. Where as Curry stayed in one spot and built a dynasty with klay and dray who aren't in the same stratosphere of help. Imagine prime Kobe or Wade on the warriors...

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2022, 01:25 PM
The only way to put Kobe over Shaq is to value longevity over peak play. But then you have to admit Lebron and Kareem are top 2.
Shaq's longevity has always been criminally underrated, and it's a lot closer to Kobe's than the narrative would have you believe. Kobe's prime was roughly 2001-13, while Shaq's was around 1994-2005.

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2022, 01:31 PM
I mean... that was always the case. People get on LeBron for his team hopping with superstars. Shaq hopped from Penny to Kobe to Wade to Nash to LeBron and then to the Big 3 Celtics. This dude did a world tour looking for rings. Where as Curry stayed in one spot and built a dynasty with klay and dray who aren't in the same stratosphere of help. Imagine prime Kobe or Wade on the warriors...
Shaq always had an elite perimeter teammate, and I'm not disputing he didn't regularly play on talented teams, but I'd honestly take Curry's supporting cast since 2015 over any that Shaq had in his prime. It's certainly arguable, but idk if having Kobe or Wade is truly greater than Klay/Dray/Iggy, or Klay/Dray/Poole/Wiggins. And his team from 2017-19 was legitimately the most talented ever assembled.

tpols
05-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Shaq always had an elite perimeter teammate, and I'm not disputing he didn't regularly play on talented teams, but I'd honestly take Curry's supporting cast since 2015 over any that Shaq had in his prime. It's certainly arguable, but idk if having Kobe or Wade is truly greater than Klay/Dray/Iggy, or Klay/Dray/Poole/Wiggins. And his team from 2017-19 was legitimately the most talented ever assembled.

The Lakers weren't just Shaq and Kobe. They had awesome role players as well. Iggy averaged 8 ppg on the warriors when he joined them. He was a cast away player. Anybody couldve had him. And prime Wade or Kobe is worth more than klay and dray combined. Poole and dray were plucked out of the 2nd round and g league. The reason they look so good is the warriors awesome system, development team, and culture. Kobe and Wade would be superstars anywhere.

Nb1
05-08-2022, 01:42 PM

lol.. goat gonna goat

Honestly, i’ve never seen anyone who understands so little about basketball in my whole life. How the fk can you be wtong every single time, you’re special my dude :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-08-2022, 01:51 PM
What's that gotta do with Lebron > Kobe though?

If Curry wins a FMVP this year....Some may have him over Kobe as well. Be prepared.

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2022, 01:54 PM
What's that gotta do with Lebron > Kobe though?

If Curry wins a FMVP this year....Some may have him over Kobe as well. Be prepared.
He's hoping Curry and Giannis sweep the titles going forward, but the reality is they're going to pass Kobe WAY before they pass LeBron :lol

Shooter
05-08-2022, 02:06 PM
Honestly, i’ve never seen anyone who understands so little about basketball in my whole life. How the fk can you be wtong every single time, you’re special my dude :roll:

:lol

I'm still convinced he's really a pro lebron troll. How tf else does he make 25,000 threads on him and each one is a thinly veiled attack at MJ or someone else.

tpols
05-08-2022, 02:15 PM
I don't think many Curry fans would be upset about him passing Kobe. Kobe fans admire basketball skill. And Curry has GOAT basketball skill. Giannis is a different story....

John8204
05-08-2022, 02:51 PM
I don't think many Curry fans would be upset about him passing Kobe. Kobe fans admire basketball skill. And Curry has GOAT basketball skill. Giannis is a different story....

I'm a Curry fan (you won't hear me say a bad word about the guy) but how would he realistically pass Kobe? Kobe has 5 rings and 33,643 with (25.0 ppg) Steph as 3 rings and Points 20,064 (23.1 ppg). Kobe is clearly the second best player of his position all-time...Steph not so much

Stephonit
05-08-2022, 02:59 PM
I'm a Curry fan (you won't hear me say a bad word about the guy) but how would he realistically pass Kobe? Kobe has 5 rings and 33,643 with (25.0 ppg) Steph as 3 rings and Points 20,064 (23.1 ppg). Kobe is clearly the second best player of his position all-time...Steph not so much

I'd rather have Steph than Magic—and I'd rather have Steph than Kobe. :)

tpols
05-08-2022, 03:21 PM

If Curry leads a title team this year. Its a tough road for sure but I would say Curry is at least on Kobes level all time if he wins yet another title with no superstar teammate. When he joined another true superstar in Durant everybody knew it was game over. Imagine if he team hopped everywhere and joined Jokic, or Giannis, or Embiid. Itd be so game over it wouldn't be funny.

3ba11
05-08-2022, 03:27 PM

I have 50k posts and I've been wrong like 3 times (Curry, Giannis and the Oubre troll)

So I'm possibly the most reliable poster on here

Shooter
05-08-2022, 03:53 PM
I have 50k posts and I've been wrong like 3 times (Curry, Giannis and the Oubre troll)

So I'm possibly the most reliable poster on here

We figured you out. You're Pro LeBron.

Axe
05-08-2022, 06:01 PM
I'd rather have Steph than Magic—and I'd rather have Steph than Kobe. :)
Meh, nobody asked.

SATAN
05-08-2022, 06:26 PM
We figured you out. You're Pro LeBron.

He has gone to great lengths to make MJ stans look like idiots.

Gohan
05-08-2022, 06:38 PM
Meh, nobody asked.

Id rather have kobe than steph but steph over magic. F tragic

Axe
05-09-2022, 03:58 AM
Id rather have kobe than steph but steph over magic. F tragic
:cheers:

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 04:50 AM
3 ba11's new nickname, turn 0ver

3ba11
05-26-2022, 11:52 PM
https://www.golfwrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Michael-Jordan-Shrug-After-3-Pointer.gif

AlternativeAcc.
05-26-2022, 11:54 PM
12 points in a close out game

Outscored by 4 teammates

Scoring is his only skill

:yaohappy::yaohappy:

Cold soul
05-27-2022, 12:05 AM
Curry won his first fake FMVP tonight :oldlol:

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:13 AM
12 points in a close out game

Outscored by 4 teammates

Scoring is his only skill

:yaohappy::yaohappy:

Curry doesn't need to team-hop for extra talent because his skillset allows winning via BRAND OF BALL..

Furthermore, teammates play better with a better brand of ball and chemistry, so Curry gets the most out of teammates and can develop young players, aka win organically

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 12:16 AM
Curry doesn't need to team-hop for extra talent because his skillset allows winning via BRAND OF BALL..

Furthermore, teammates play better with a better brand of ball and chemistry, so Curry gets the most out of teammates and can develop young players, aka win organically

"Curry ruined Oubre's game" - 3ball

:yaohappy:

kawhileonard2
05-27-2022, 12:45 AM
Curry with another ring makes things interesting considering he would have the same amount of title as either without switching teams and without stacking the deck for a losing franchise before he arrived and in less seasons.

Stephonit
05-27-2022, 07:07 AM
Sure looks like Curry is on his way there.

Axe
05-27-2022, 07:31 AM
Curry won his first fake FMVP tonight :oldlol:
:milton

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 08:38 AM
If the warriors win the championship this year and then again next year 3ball will go back to hating on Steph.

The only reason he’s backing him here is because he’s deemed him not a threat to Jordan. Probably hated on Kobe so hard from 2000-20003 too I’d imagine. Then started backing him once Lebron started ascending.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 11:27 AM
If the warriors win the championship this year and then again next year 3ball will go back to hating on Steph.

The only reason he’s backing him here is because he’s deemed him not a threat to Jordan. Probably hated on Kobe so hard from 2000-20003 too I’d imagine. Then started backing him once Lebron started ascending.

It's called consistency - boosting Curry is in line with my off-ball mantra, so boosting Curry boosts Jordan too while diminishing ball-dominators like Lebron

The top 5 all-time are a bunch of off-ball chemistry masters (dynasty masters) - MJ, Kobe, Bird, Russell, Curry.

I had Curry top 5 on this site on November of 2021, so that's 8 months before everyone follows suit this June (after Curry gets organic chip #4)

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 11:32 AM
It's called consistency - boosting Curry is in line with my off-ball mantra, so boosting Curry boosts Jordan too while diminishing ball-dominators like Lebron

The top 5 all-time are a bunch of off-ball chemistry masters (dynasty masters) - MJ, Kobe, Bird, Russell, Curry.

I had Curry top 5 on this site on November of 2021, so that's 8 months before everyone follows suit this June (after Curry gets organic chip #4)

You in 2021

The previous Warriors had a strategic advantage.. that's it.. they didn't even have a big 3 because Draystem sucks

Without that strategic edge, they're now equal to the previous Wizards with curry/klay about equal to wall/beal... ultimately, curry is just a little chucker and can't elevate that team or anyone on it by force of will, or any other method

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 11:36 AM

No it’s called insecurity. You’ve deemed curry not a threat to Jordan and are now safe to back him.

I was here in 2016 when you pivoted away from Lebron and Pippen and went after Curry. I assume you did the same shit in 2001 with Kobe.

It’s textbook shit.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 11:37 AM
No it’s called insecurity. You’ve deemed curry not a threat to Jordan and are now safe to back him.

I was here in 2016 when you pivoted away from Lebron and Pippen and went after Curry. I assume you did the same shit in 2001 with Kobe.

It’s textbook shit.

I remember him revealing that he used to call into radio shows to bash Kobe.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 11:44 AM
I remember him revealing that he used to call into radio shows to bash Kobe.

I did that once and all the true greats win me over - I was a Jordan hater during the 1st three-peat (I wouldn't even hang up posters of him that I received as gifts)..

But he won me over by 3-peating again with a completely different roster except Pippen, who was worse than Pandemic P for the entire 96-98' Playoffs (17 on 41%).. Only Jordan can carry a team to 2 three-peats, so that made him goat for me...

Similarly, Kobe, Bird and Curry all proved me wrong.. Only Lebron fails to prove me wrong because his skillset has the worst brand of ball and chemistry ever (big man ball-dominance... the worst kind of ball-dominance)

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 11:48 AM
I did that once and all the true greats win me over - I was a Jordan hater during the 1st three-peat (I wouldn't even hang up posters of him that I received as gifts)..

But he won me over by 3-peating again with a completely different roster except Pippen, who was worse than Pandemic P for the entire 96-98' Playoffs (17 on 41%).. Only Jordan can carry a team to 2 three-peats, so that made him goat for me...

Similarly, Kobe, Bird and Curry all proved me wrong.. Only Lebron fails to prove me wrong because his skillset has the worst brand of ball and chemistry ever (big man ball-dominance... the worst kind of ball-dominance)

Once you realize that they aren’t a threat.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:00 PM
Once you realize that they aren’t a threat.

How can anyone be a threat to 2 three-peats while defeating maximum defensive attention (carrying the scoring load in every series)

Who can compare with either of those things? (2 three-peats + defeating maximum defensive attention in every series)?

So no one is a threat, but there are guys that prove not to be frauds like Curry or Kobe, so I'm forced to bring them flowers.. Kobe repeated with Shaq, while Curry's goat fundamentals elevates ANYONE AROUND HIM and therefore can have a dynasty with a new cast of guys like MJ did.. No Durant - no problem - so Curry gets flowers

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 12:06 PM
MJ wishes he could shoot the ball like Curry.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:07 PM

It’s textbook shit.

The #1 common thread and theme of my 50k posts is praising ball movement and shitting on ball-dominance

So it makes perfect sense to boost off-ball kingpins like Curry/MJ/Bird/Kobe and shit on Lebron, Harden, Luka and Westbrook.

Again, it's called consistency

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:11 PM
MJ wishes he could shoot the ball like Curry.

Curry would shoot poorly if he limited himself to 1 highly-contested end-of-shot clock "bailout" attempt per game.... :confusedshrug:

Jordan shot like Curry whenever he had more than bailout volume (more than 1.5 attempts)

See the 92' Finals (43% on 5 attempts)... Or the 93' Playoffs (39% on 4 attempts)... Or the 90/93 regular seasons (36% on 3 attempts).. Or the 85-93' Playoffs (35% on 2.1 attempts)

Notice how his percentage goes up with volume (typical of players with goat shooting form).. He would have a shrug game every night in today's high volume format

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 12:14 PM
Curry would shoot poorly if he limited himself to 1 highly-contested end-of-shot clock "bailout" attempt per game.... :confusedshrug:

Jordan shot like Curry whenever he had more than bailout volume (more than 1.5 attempts)

See the 92' Finals (43% on 5 attempts)... the 93' Playoffs (39% on 4 attempts)... or the 90/93 regular seasons (36% on 3 attempts)

MJ shot poorly when he wasn't even contested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjukb2NttM&t

Curry on the other hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flm-cZ7r6eE

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:17 PM
MJ shot poorly when he wasn't even contested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjukb2NttM&t

Curry on the other hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flm-cZ7r6eE

Shooting threes off a rack is different and takes practice - you can't go in there winging it as a 1st-timer

Jordan's shooting form was goat and actually superior to guys like Bird, Miller or Curry

Again, Curry would shoot poorly if he limited himself to 1 highly-contested end-of-shot clock "bailout" attempt per game.... :confusedshrug:

See the 92' Finals (43% on 5 attempts)... Or the 93' Playoffs (39% on 4 attempts)... Or the 90/93 regular seasons (36% on 3 attempts).. Or the 85-93' Playoffs (35% on 2.1 attempts)

Notice how his percentage goes up with volume (typical of players with goat shooting form).. He would have a shrug game every night in today's high volume format

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 12:18 PM
How can anyone be a threat to 2 three-peats while defeating maximum defensive attention (carrying the scoring load in every series)

Who can compare with either of those things? (2 three-peats + defeating maximum defensive attention in every series)?

So no one is a threat, but there are guys that prove not to be frauds like Curry or Kobe, so I'm forced to bring them flowers.. Kobe repeated with Shaq, while Curry's goat fundamentals elevates ANYONE AROUND HIM and therefore can have a dynasty with a new cast of guys like MJ did.. No Durant - no problem - so Curry gets flowers

You tell me? You're threatened by Lebron still because the media still talks about him in a GOAT-tier sense. If the entire world were to collectively say "you know what..Lebron ain't Jordan, never will be so lets stop" and then moved on to talking about Giannis or Luka or whoever as if they were on that tier you'd be backing Bron in those types of conversations and saying how neither of those guys are as good, etc.

Again..it's textbook. You're an insecure fanboy and you hate on anyone until it's a decided consensus that they can't be the GOAT. Whenever that time comes. After the 2016 finals you laid off Steph.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:21 PM
You tell me? You're threatened by Lebron still because the media still talks about him in a GOAT-tier sense. If the entire world were to collectively say "you know what..Lebron ain't Jordan, never will be so lets stop" and then moved on to talking about Giannis or Luka as if they or whoever as if they were on that tier you'd be backing Bron in those types of conversations and saying how neither of those guys are as good, etc.

Again..it's textbook. You're an insecure fanboy and you hate on anyone until it's a decided consensus that they can't be the GOAT. Whenever that time comes. After the 2016 finals you laid off Steph.

1-star teams were enough to win the East yet Lebron formed super-teams to manufacture a fake Finals streak

I'm surprised anyone considers his resume top 10

He would have 3 Finals runs in the West or without super-teams - that's top 20... Maybe... So he's the the 2nd most overrated player ever behind Pippen

A fraud that massive deserves obsession

And I would never back Lebron because I hate his game.. I don't think he's good at basketball compared to Curry or others in my top 10.. And I have extremely obvious and well-supported reasons why, namely that no spotty-shooting ball-dominator can be top 10 - it's a horrible skillset and paper tiger that needs ridiculous help to win

SouBeachTalents
05-27-2022, 12:22 PM
You tell me? You're threatened by Lebron still because the media still talks about him in a GOAT-tier sense. If the entire world were to collectively say "you know what..Lebron ain't Jordan, never will be so lets stop" and then moved on to talking about Giannis or Luka or whoever as if they were on that tier you'd be backing Bron in those types of conversations and saying how neither of those guys are as good, etc.

3ball's a huge fakkit, no argument from me.

But, to your last point, he was still making threads like this about Curry a year ago

So for whatever reason, he was still trying to downplay him.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:28 PM
3ball's a huge fakkit, no argument from me.

But, to your last point, he was still making threads like this about Curry a year ago

So for whatever reason, he was still trying to downplay him.

You guys can keep lying and I'll keep posting the facts to make you look stupid

I put Curry in my top 5 eight months ago in November of 2021:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499177-My-top-10-(supercedes-all-previous-rankings-for-reference-purposes-going-forward)

And stop pretending that I'm just "hating" on Lebron - I have very obvious and well-supported reasons why he isn't good compared to Curry and others .. Specifically - no spotty-shooting ball-dominator can be top 10 - it's a horrible skillset/brand and a paper tiger that needs ridiculous help to win..

it kills teammates and gets beat by superior brands and less talent or even talent (09', 10', 11', 14', 17', 19', 21').. or it loses worse than it should (07', 18')

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 12:32 PM

You called Curry the most overrated player ever in May of that same year, then put him in the top 5 six months later when Curry had only played around a dozen games since you made that "most overrated" statement.

What happened in that time? The Warriors started winning games, you knew there was a chance the Warriors would win a chip so you got started early on your narrative, this was after you said that the NBA as a whole "caught up to the Warriors brand of ball".

You are constantly making yourself look like a contradicting moron.

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 12:36 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499177-My-top-10-(supercedes-all-previous-rankings-for-reference-purposes-going-forward)

And stop pretending that I'm just "hating" on Lebron - I have very obvious and well-supported reasons why he isn't good compared to Curry and others .. Specifically - no spotty-shooting ball-dominator can be top 10 - it's a horrible skillset/brand and a paper tiger that needs ridiculous help to win..

it kills teammates and gets beat by superior brands and less talent or even talent (09', 10', 11', 14', 17', 19', 21').. or it loses worse than it should (07', 18')

Stop pretending that you're not.

You've made over a thousand threads about him and it stems entirely because you're upset that he's mentioned with Jordan. You're an insecure fanboy.

At least own it.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2022, 12:42 PM
I just did some research, 3ball made the "Curry most overrated player ever" thread one day after LeBron hit a game winner over Curry in the play-in game last season. Pretty much confirming he made the thread to discredit LeBron's competition and he was upset about that game.

Then he made "Curry top 5 player ever" thread right after the Warriors got off to a 11-1 start earlier this year, which proves my point that Curry had only played around a dozen games since he called him the most overrated player ever. Imagine going from "Most overrated player ever" to "top 5 ever" in a span of 12 regular season games.

3ba11 is a huge fakkit.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 12:59 PM
Stop pretending that you're not.

You've made over a thousand threads about him and it stems entirely because you're upset that he's mentioned with Jordan. You're an insecure fanboy.

At least own it.

My posts are about fraud (Lebron's resume) and how the flawed careers of Lebron and others demonstrate Jordan's goatness

Only 1 guy in history had "the decision" and this wasn't random - his frontcourt ball-dominant skillset lacked the teammate fits, player development, or chemistry to win organically, so he was forced to team-hop and become a talent-based winner (all-star team strategy)

But shallow thinkers like yourself lapped up the slop off the ground that the media was serving you - the fraud that this spotty-shooting, ball-dominating, stiff-arming bum was on MJ's level.. You thought this even though his rudimentary fundamentals and skillset prevented organic winning and requires talent-based approach (all-star team strategy).

So yeah, it takes a lot of posts to sort through the fraud and understand it on a high level

RRR3
05-27-2022, 01:03 PM
I think 3ball is legitimately senile.

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 01:05 PM
My posts are about fraud (Lebron's resume) and how the flawed careers of Lebron and others demonstrate Jordan's goatness

Only 1 guy in history had "the decision" and this wasn't random - his frontcourt ball-dominant skillset lacked the teammate fits, player development, or chemistry to win organically, so he was forced to team-hop and become a talent-based winner (all-star team strategy)

But shallow thinkers like yourself lapped up the slop off the ground that the media was serving you - the fraud that this spotty-shooting, ball-dominating, stiff-arming bum was on MJ's level.. You thought this even though his rudimentary fundamentals and skillset prevented organic winning and requires talent-based approach (all-star team strategy).

So yeah, it takes a lot of posts to sort through the fraud and understand it on a high level

Just. Own. IT.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 01:08 PM
Just. Own. IT.

You should own that your hero's spotty-shooting, frontcourt ball-dominant skillset lacked the teammate fits, player development, or chemistry to win organically, so he was forced to team-hop and become a talent-based winner (all-star team strategy)

That means he's trash compared to Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Curry and others that had the skillset to win organically (elite jumpshooting skill, off-ball production, and elite iso/commanding doubles dynamic)

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 01:10 PM
You should own that your hero's spotty-shooting, frontcourt ball-dominant skillset lacked the teammate fits, player development, or chemistry to win organically, so he was forced to team-hop and become a talent-based winner (all-star team strategy)

That means he's trash compared to Jordan, Kobe, Curry and others that had the skillset to win organically

:no:

See..that's where we differ. You're a true fanboy and I'm not (thus the insecurity).

RRR3
05-27-2022, 01:11 PM
https://i.ibb.co/x3H58rj/60-A48-DE6-CF26-49-FD-A117-6-B4-B11-CAFB0-D.jpg

3ba11
05-27-2022, 01:12 PM
:no:

See..that's where we differ. You're a true fanboy and I'm not (thus the insecurity).

You defend his honor on here daily from realists like me that point out his obvious fraud

Basically you were duped and 3ball tried to help

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2022, 01:17 PM
3ball's never gotten over Bron>Kobe :lol

Hence his fanatical and inconsistent takes.

Everyone told you Curry was an ATG with insane impact. Your insecurity wouldn't allow you to admit that though. Props for finally coming around...

RRR3
05-27-2022, 01:18 PM

Everyone told you Curry was an ATG with insane impact. Your insecurity wouldn't allow you to admit that though. Props for finally coming around...
He thought LeBron would at least be the last guy to surpass Kobe and then Curry comes along :oldlol: Oops!

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 01:19 PM
You defend his honor on here daily from realists like me that point out his obvious fraud

Basically you were duped and 3ball tried to help

There's a difference between occasionally calling out haters on their agenda bullshit and him being my hero. I know you don't talk about anything else but I do.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 01:21 PM

Yes, and now I correctly have Curry top 5 all-time as of November 2021, so that's 8 months before everyone follows suit this June (after Curry gets #4)

And Kobe is superior to Lebron for all the same reasons that Jordan and Curry are - his elite jumpshooting skill and off-ball skillset yields great teammate fits and chemistry, so he can win organically and doesn't have to be a talent-based winner (team-hopper) like Lebron.

Ultimately, Lebron is trash compared to greats like Kobe or Curry that had the skillset to win organically (elite jumpshooting skill, off-ball production, and elite iso/commanding doubles dynamic)

RRR3
05-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Yes, and now I correctly have Curry top 5 all-time as of November 2021, so that's 8 months before everyone follows suit this June (after Curry gets #4)

And Kobe is superior to Lebron for all the same reasons that Jordan and Curry are - his skillset yields great teammate fits and chemistry, so he can win organically and doesn't have to be a talent-based winner (team-hopper) like Lebron.
You lied about playing d1 basketball no one cares what a proven liar thinks.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 01:28 PM
You lied about playing d1 basketball no one cares what a proven liar thinks.

I played D1 ball and still dunk at 45

If you don't believe me then lets make a wager and set up payment arrangements....... now itt

This experience of hooping and mastering pro moves coupled with professional analytical experience provides insight with regards to time of possession, assisted rate, team assists, and winning skillsets

That's how we've determined that Kobe's skillset yields great teammate fits and chemistry, so he can win organically and doesn't have to be a talent-based winner (team-hopper) like Lebron.

Specifically, Kobe has elite jumpshooting skill, off-ball production, and elite iso/commanding doubles dynamic that make him far superior to Lebron.. These skillsets allow great teammate fits and organic winning, so he wins more with less

RRR3
05-27-2022, 01:33 PM
What wager? I don’t know you IRL you absolute lunatic. You could easily prove if you played d1 ball but you won’t because you didn’t. Cope more about it, liarball.

“I dunked on Zach Randolph four times in a row” :roll:

“I was the third best player on my d1 team the only better players made the NBA” :roll:

“I could destroy Raja Bell one on one” :roll:

FRAUDball

3ba11
05-27-2022, 01:38 PM
What wager? I don’t know you IRL you absolute lunatic. You could easily prove if you played d1 ball but you won’t because you didn’t. Cope more about it, liarball.

“I dunked on Zach Randolph four times in a row” :roll:

“I was the third best player on my d1 team the only better players made the NBA” :roll:

“I could destroy Raja Bell one on one” :roll:

FRAUDball

Prior exchanges between us confirm that you already looked me up on sportsreference.com and confirmed that I did play D1

Now you're pretending many months later when you already previously confirmed on this forum and conceded that I played..

You conceded and then changed it to "well you played but you didn't have a good stats"

So you're just a liar and projecting that I am

RRR3
05-27-2022, 01:45 PM
Prior exchanges between us confirm that you already looked me up on sportsreference.com and confirmed that I did play D1

Now you're pretending many months later when you already previously confirmed on this forum and conceded that I played..

You conceded and then changed it to "well you played but you didn't have a good stats"

So you're just a liar and projecting that I am

“I dunked on Zach Randolph four times in a row”

“I was the third best player on my d1 team the only better players made the NBA”

“I could destroy Raja Bell one on one”

So these things are true? :roll:

Fraudball

Baller789
05-27-2022, 08:11 PM

“I was the third best player on my d1 team the only better players made the NBA”

Fraudball

Will you play him one on one fo real tho?

3ba11
05-27-2022, 08:17 PM

Fraudball

That's all true

Those guys were bums - good people - but not better than me at basketball.. Except for Raj and Carlos

But I can still post Raj all day. He was way too little and that's no big deal

I did dunk on Zach 4 times in a row when he was a sophomore in high school.. The last 2 were chest-to-chest - that's where I got the term - it's from that last dunk I had over Zach - he was catching up to my hesitation dribble so the last one was a real disgusting poster over the future WC playoff MVP

RRR3
05-27-2022, 09:05 PM
That's all true

Those guys were bums - good people - but not better than me at basketball.. Except for Raj and Carlos

But I can still post Raj all day. He was way too little and that's no big deal

I did dunk on Zach 4 times in a row when he was a sophomore in high school.. The last 2 were chest-to-chest - that's where I got the term - it's from that last dunk I had over Zach - he was catching up to my hesitation dribble so the last one was a real disgusting poster over the future WC playoff MVP
Everything in this post is a lie :roll:

3ba11
05-27-2022, 09:08 PM
Everything in this post is a lie :roll:

It's the truth and I've had to repeat it for 10 years because haters from the "under 5 foot club" and "never touched a ball club" like you disbelieve

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2022, 09:12 PM
He thought LeBron would at least be the last guy to surpass Kobe and then Curry comes along :oldlol: Oops!

Now that Steph might get his 5th chip, OP sees an angle against Lebron...

Two players 3ball will NEVER give credit to are Lebron and Shaq. Pippen too, but we know why he uses MJ in his arguments lol

He better hope Luka doesn't mess around and win a few chips. :lol

3ba11
05-27-2022, 09:16 PM

Two players 3ball will NEVER give credit to are Lebron and Shaq. Pippen too, but we know why he uses MJ in his arguments lol

At least Luka's scoring is lethal enough for opponents to compromise their defense by doubling him.. Commanding doubles and having that dynamic elevates teammates... Now if Luka could learn to be an assist target (off-ball), then that will elevate teammates to champion

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2022, 09:20 PM
At least Luka's scoring is lethal enough for opponents to compromise their defense by doubling him.. Commanding doubles and having that dynamic elevates teammates... Now if Luka could learn to be an assist target (off-ball), then that will elevate teammates to champion

Wait... You actually think the Mavs have a championship level cast?

RRR3
05-27-2022, 09:22 PM

5th? When did he get his 4th? :lol

3ba11
05-27-2022, 09:28 PM
Wait... You actually think the Mavs have a championship level cast?

I do if he learns to be an assist target and play defense

Look how great they were at times in these playoffs - they were blowing the doors off the best teams in the league

If Luka learns to be an assist target, he won't need a juggernaut 1b sidekick like Wade or AD - maybe flip Brunson for a Klay or Wiggins-level player, or even ride with Brunson - it's all about chemistry and defense

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2022, 09:40 PM
5th? When did he get his 4th? :lol

You start engaging with 3ball and his stench follows you.

My fault lol

ShawkFactory
05-27-2022, 09:41 PM

Look how great they were at times in these playoffs - they were blowing the doors off the best teams in the league

If Luka learns to be an assist target, he won't need a juggernaut 1b sidekick like Wade or AD - maybe flip Brunson for a Klay or Wiggins-level player, or even ride with Brunson - it's all about chemistry and defense

That’s what happens when a team full of role playing 3pt shooters gets hot. That’s also why they can never actually win. Can’t be hot for 4 straight series.

RRR3
05-27-2022, 09:42 PM
It's the truth and I've had to repeat it for 10 years because haters from the "under 5 foot club" and "never touched a ball club" like you disbelieve
I literally know for a fact you're lying, the only reason I don't prove it is because I'm protecting your dumbass

3ba11
05-27-2022, 09:44 PM
I literally know for a fact you're lying, the only reason I don't prove it is because I'm protecting your dumbass

Lol that's what you said last time

Anyone can look up our prior exchange where you conceded that I did infact play D1 - then you changed it to how my stats were bad and it wasn't much of a career

I won't waste my time finding it, but the exchange is there.. We've had this conversation before and you were wrong

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2022, 09:48 PM

He could play off ball a little more. Get better defensively too.

But you're essentially blaming Luka for losing lol

There've been players who had worse series than him, and actually won titles. Luka needs better teammates, period. To start... a second star and more inside presence.

3ba11
05-27-2022, 09:50 PM
That’s what happens when a team full of role playing 3pt shooters gets hot. That’s also why they can never actually win. Can’t be hot for 4 straight series.

Teams get hot or play over their heads because they actually have good chemistry - and that's what I'm saying - Luka actually has something with this group.

He has lightning in a bottle with this group if he can learn to be an assist target and a defensive leader - because the chemistry and ability to have top-tier offense is there.. Those goat regular season ORTG's for the Mavs are legit because they popped off and overachieved in the playoffs.. And they didn't just win with defense like the 07' Cavs, nor did they play bum comp

Again, Luka just has to learn to open up his team's possibilities by learning to be an assist target and defensive leader... If that isn't possible, then sure, get more help or team-hop

Shooter
05-27-2022, 09:53 PM

3ba11
05-27-2022, 09:55 PM
He could play off ball a little more. Get better defensively too.

But you're essentially blaming Luka for losing lol

There've been players who had worse series than him, and actually won titles. Luka needs better teammates, period. To start... a second star and more inside presence.

In 5 years when Luka has a few titles, you'll say that version of Luka could've gone further this year.

For example, the 2018 version of Lebron probably makes Finals in 09' and 10'?

91' Jordan would've won from 88-90'

etc, etc

Luka has a lot to learn right now

AlternativeAcc.
05-27-2022, 09:58 PM

:roll::roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-27-2022, 10:02 PM
In 5 years when Luka has a few titles, you'll say that version of Luka could've gone further this year.

etc, etc

That's a poor example. Lebron had one of his BEST series in 09....and still lost. He was better in 2018 but compared to just that ONE series? Not by much. If at all.

We both agree Luka can improve and likely will. You're just overanalyzing individual play. Its still a team sport.

AlternativeAcc.
05-27-2022, 10:03 PM

etc, etc

Players typically get better after age 23, through experience

Luka should shortcut this process, and elevate his teammates past a player supposedly better than shaq and his cast full of all stars

Thats such an insightful and wonderful take bro

Axe
05-27-2022, 10:03 PM
/thread

Shooter
05-27-2022, 10:19 PM

He only has a few hours left to post before the nurse tells him it's lights out time, got to get those posts in quick :lol

3ba11
05-27-2022, 10:29 PM
That's a poor example. Lebron had one of his BEST series in 09....and still lost. He was better in 2018 but compared to just that ONE series? Not by much. If at all.

We both agree Luka can improve. You're just overanalyzing individual play. Its still a team sport.

How about the 07' Finals?.. Would 18' Lebron average 22 on 35%?

Would 18' Lebron average 17 ppg in the 11' Finals or 26 on 35% in the 08' ECSF? Or 21 on 34% for the last 3 games of the 10' ECSF to lose a 2-1 lead?

So Lebron was wetting the bed against the best teams from 2007-2011.

That's a poor example. Lebron had one of his BEST series in 09....and still lost.

Lebron had a massive strategic blunder - he hid from opposing point forward (Hedo) and guarded Rafer Alston.. So Hedo had great vision over Delonte for perfect entry passes to Dwight, while also seeing clearly on threes without Lebron to close out on him or Lewis (taller/quicker defenders required, aka Lebron)

Lebron and Coach Brown planned to save Lebron's energy by guarding Alston, which is pretty pathetic.

In addition to this massive defensive blunder (arguably the goat defensive blunder), Lebron wet the bed in the critical Game 4 OT that swung the series, while Dwight dominated.. Tight playoff series are won in the clutch possessions and this series was a great example of how Lebron loses those possessions and can't close games down the stretch.

Finally, Lebron has no carry-jobs against good teams in 2 decades of playing - specifically, he isn't good enough to beat a top 5 SRS opponent with poor scoring and efficiency from a sidekick (like Mo's 18 on 37%).. Lebron can't beat good teams with bed-wetting teammates because his high scoring levels are too ball-dominant to beat good teams.. He can only beat Finals teams with near-equal-scoring partners because his own high scoring levels are too ball-dominant.