PDA

View Full Version : Mavs need a big man in the middle for the playoffs to make them complete

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2022, 07:58 PM
Who's on the market?

Capela?

Biyombo?

McGee?

90sgoat
05-08-2022, 08:34 PM
Gobert is the easy top target, Ayton would great too.

I don't know how available they are but there's also Valanciunas, who never gets appreciated, so may be available.

Capela would be great, but I think he's declining pretty fast, doesn't seem to have much jump. McGee and Biyombo are the right role, but not that good imo.

NBAGOAT
05-09-2022, 12:20 AM
ayton isnt happening. Gobert is option 1 but you could also trade for turner/capela or sign nurkic/bamba.

ImKobe
05-09-2022, 01:33 AM
Not too many great options in the FA. LMA, Drummond, Dwight, LMA, Ibaka & Cousins are all pretty washed up, not sure I'd want any of those guys even off the bench tbh. Biyombo would be a nice pick up. Not sure Gobert's worth trading for with his salary, he would help them in the RS but is he moving the needle in the POs? They'd also be losing Brunson and would need to give up THJ or someone else in that trade as well.

dirkdiggler41
05-09-2022, 01:53 AM
Bamba is the only one I see being available since Orlando already got Wendell Carter Jr.

HylianNightmare
05-09-2022, 03:53 AM
Bamba is the only one I see being available since Orlando already got Wendell Carter Jr.

Take him. Dudes thon maker 2.0

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 04:28 AM
or they can do Brunson + Finney Smith for Mitchel + Azubuike

BarberSchool
05-09-2022, 06:23 AM
What they really need is a younger Brook Lopez, not just any big man. He has to be a stretch offensive, rim protecting big, who gets hurt less than Porzingis.

Can Maxi guard elite offensive bigs consistently ? IDK, Maxi looks ok against Ayton in one on one paint defense. And he can definitely stretch it offensively. Maxi even occasionally gets a nice blocked shot, but not frequently enough to dissuade slashers like a true rim protector.

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 06:51 AM
What they really need is a younger Brook Lopez, not just any big man. He has to be a stretch offensive, rim protecting big, who gets hurt less than Porzingis.

Can Maxi guard elite offensive bigs consistently ? IDK, Maxi looks ok against Ayton in one on one paint defense. And he can definitely stretch it offensively. Maxi even occasionally gets a nice blocked shot, but not frequently enough to dissuade slashers like a true rim protector.

you literally just described Maxi being one that could guard Lopez better than guarding Ayton, then you said he looked ok against Ayton.

you definitely don't think much about what you have to say

gonzaldo
05-09-2022, 07:02 AM

Yeah in a sense he is the 2.0 version - more mobile, better 3pt shooter and better shotblocker, which makes him somewhat useful and maybe Kidd can teach him to play some defense too.

90sgoat
05-09-2022, 07:02 AM
Maxi is a stretch 4 with very good man defense against forwards and bigs, but he's not a rim protector like Porzingis, who on the other hand was not very good at defending the post.

There's a bunch of capable centers in the league though, it's not as if it should be difficult to find someone serviceable. I mean, even someone like Daniel Theis would be an upgrade. Willy Hernangomez as well, though I'd prefer them to be bench players. Both have very good pr. 36 career stats, though not great rim protectors.

Jacob Poetl is another player that could fit very well and Spurs might be interested in Brunson.

The point is, it's not difficult to find a serviceable center for 20+ minutes pr. game, which makes it all the more weird why Mavs haven't been able to.

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 07:25 AM
Maxi is a stretch 4 with very good man defense against forwards and bigs, but he's not a rim protector like Porzingis, who on the other hand was not very good at defending the post.

There's a bunch of capable centers in the league though, it's not as if it should be difficult to find someone serviceable. I mean, even someone like Daniel Theis would be an upgrade. Willy Hernangomez as well, though I'd prefer them to be bench players. Both have very good pr. 36 career stats, though not great rim protectors.

Jacob Poetl is another player that could fit very well and Spurs might be interested in Brunson.

The point is, it's not difficult to find a serviceable center for 20+ minutes pr. game, which makes it all the more weird why Mavs haven't been able to.

who the hell cares if someone is a rim protector or not. who are you defending? some invisible ghost who scores lobs and put backs because you didn't box out? as long as points in the paint are down, an area which actually covers up to the free throw line, in which todays league, plenty of bigs have that range, it's good enough defense.

Ben Wallace wouldn't even be a decent rim protector in todays league for how much he'll get called up to defend perimeter shots, but who cares, as long his defensive rating remains elite.

Never understood why they traded Porzingis, Hardaway Jr. had been a volume scorer, it doesn't even seem they tried to run him at the point with all the shooters they have.

Harden's did it, and is doing it, but lets trade away our assets then b*tch about we needing those exact assets all while praising the amazing coaching job that is happening.

what a f*cking load of sh*t.

90sgoat
05-09-2022, 08:00 AM
Never understood why they traded Porzingis

Luka didn't like him, it was quite obvious.

He got the Gobert treatment by Luka.

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 08:11 AM
Luka didn't like him, it was quite obvious.

He got the Gobert treatment by Luka.

so you're saying Karma is in play with Dinwiddie's struggle, beyond the fact that the moment he thinks about the team's defensive needs he's completely lost on offense.

90sgoat
05-09-2022, 08:17 AM
so you're saying Karma is in play with Dinwiddie's struggle, beyond the fact that the moment he thinks about the team's defensive needs he's completely lost on offense.

I think it's immature that KP and Luka couldn't figure it out. I have no clue obviously about what KP has done or not done, on and off the court. I believe that most of the guys on the team are close to Luka, particularly DFS and Dwight cause Luka made them and DFS said something about "no more jealousy" after KP got traded.

KP wasn't perfect, but he was a top level player when on his game and the ball was moving.

In the end, Luka wanted all the glory and that's what happened, but KP is popular in Wizards and I hope he can stay healthy there and get back to being an all star.

I also think someone like Lakers should consider trading Russ for him.

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 08:21 AM
I think it's immature that KP and Luka couldn't figure it out. I have no clue obviously about what KP has done or not done, on and off the court. I believe that most of the guys on the team are close to Luka, particularly DFS and Dwight cause Luka made them and DFS said something about "no more jealousy" after KP got traded.

KP wasn't perfect, but he was a top level player when on his game and the ball was moving.

In the end, Luka wanted all the glory and that's what happened, but KP is popular in Wizards and I hope he can stay healthy there and get back to being an all star.

Mark Cuban. bona fide b*tch.

why don't you just say KP won for getting out of a sinking ship

90sgoat
05-09-2022, 08:25 AM
Mark Cuban. bona fide b*tch.

why don't you just say KP won for getting out of a sinking ship

It's not a sinking ship.

Luka is good enough to become multiple MVP and win a ring or three on his own during his career.

Cuban can't do miracles because players think he's racist.

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 08:30 AM
It's not a sinking ship.

Luka is good enough to become multiple MVP and win a ring or three on his own during his career.

Cuban can't do miracles because players think he's racist.

Cuban only understands the game at a certain pace, which makes him absolutely terrible at player development

dirkdiggler41
05-09-2022, 08:35 AM

What is so bad about him?

dirkdiggler41
05-09-2022, 08:48 AM

The problem was clearly KP. The rumor had it that he did not fit in very well as far as personality goes. Just look at the team and how well they thrive together, playing well above their skills, standing up the whole first half. They all are good friends. When Spencer and Bertans joined the team they immediately started to talk about how good the chemistry is. KP could have been awesome with the Mavs, running the pick and roll with Luka, but KP wanted the ball in the high post for his turnaround or one-dribble pull-up. Just to show what kind of dude Luka was, he was very good friends with Dennis Smith JR. and they hanged out together.

Smith Jr. and his connection to Luka Doncic and Carlisle was one major focus of the article.

ESPN reported Smith — the team’s No. 9 overall draft pick in 2017 — formed a fast friendship with Doncic — whom Dallas traded for at No. 3 in 2018 — despite Doncic’s dazzling future as the team’s primary ball handler, which directly conflicted with Smith’s point guard role.

Carlisle, ESPN reported, had given up on Smith’s fit with the team in his rookie season, and at one point accused Smith of being jealous of Doncic during a team meeting.

“It wasn’t really about how Rick treated Luka,” a 2018-19 Mavs player told ESPN. “Luka hated how Rick treated other people.”

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 09:00 AM
What is so bad about him?

if you're talking about Bamba, do you want to go all in on him by keeping Brunson and Dinwiddie on the certainty of winning a championship.

the rebounding looks nice, but the ORTG and DRTG differences is at 5, and those are numbers that came in on a few lottery seasons

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 09:13 AM
KP could have been awesome with the Mavs, running the pick and roll with Luka,
[I]Smith Jr. and his connection to Luka Doncic and Carlisle was one major focus of the article.

you managed to put a 7-3 player with pick and roll and awesome all in the same sentence. and you also want him to block shots.

Mavs fans. bona fide b*tches.

why the hell would any big men want to play for such a garbage franchise on the long run. enjoy overpaying because the owner is quite consistent in producing a sh*tty rebounding formation.

the only time they won is because they lucked out, since it's quite clear Cuban has no idea whatsoever about Scottie Pippen's importance

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2022, 09:15 AM
you managed to put a 7-3 player with pick and roll and awesome all in the same sentence. and you also want him to block shots.

Mavs fans. bona fide b*tches.

why the hell would any big men want to play for such a garbage franchise on the long run. enjoy overpaying because the owner is quite consistent in producing a sh*tty rebounding formation.

the only time they won is because they lucked out, since it's quite clear Cuban has no idea whatsoever about Scottie Pippen's importance

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector-don-t-feed-the-troll-web-internet-troll-sneering-face-meme-vector-287013668.jpg

Hazchazthebaz
05-09-2022, 11:54 AM
i just think they need 4 DFS's!