PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Nikola Jokic wins 2021-2022 NBA MVP; prepare for butthurt reactions

Im Still Ballin
05-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Thought I'd make an official thread. I expect the 'Embiid is MVP' crowd will have a lot of things to say.

[Wojnarowski] Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic has been voted the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for a second consecutive season, sources tell ESPN. A formal announcement is expected this week.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1523643566639108096

8Ball
05-09-2022, 10:48 AM
Well deserved.

Hazchazthebaz
05-09-2022, 10:53 AM
Wow Embiid can not catch a break thought he easily had it this year considering what the sixers had been through.

guess they do not want to legitimate the process!

get ready for a 3 peat in 2023

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2022, 11:00 AM
get ready for a 3 peat in 2023
Nah, not even Jordan or LeBron won 3 MVP's in a row. Voter fatigue will definitely set in by next year.

Nah, not even Jordan or LeBron won 3 MVP's in a row. Voter fatigue will definitely set in by next year.

russell wilt bird did it

jokic defense improved

jokic broke wilt's per record

bird is white american

jokic is white european

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmoniousReadyFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2022, 11:25 AM
Oh dey mad

Axe
05-09-2022, 11:27 AM
@RogueBorg well?

RicardoTubbs
05-09-2022, 11:28 AM
The correct choice. There shouldn't be any controversy over this award

ImKobe
05-09-2022, 11:29 AM
Another year where Lebron got robbed of the MVP.

FultzNationRISE
05-09-2022, 11:42 AM

It’s this.

AlternativeAcc.
05-09-2022, 11:46 AM
I feel bad for Giannis, but sometimes that's how it goes. He had a great year, but the pro-white agenda was too much to overcome this season.

Gohan
05-09-2022, 11:49 AM

:banana:

Gohan
05-09-2022, 11:51 AM
I feel bad for Giannis, but sometimes that's how it goes. He had a great year, but the pro-white agenda was too much to overcome this season.

This is all im saying and the sad part is they want white players to win it 2x. Bird, nash, jokfag. Hell i think birdb1tch won it 3x in a row. These white people gonna get exposed one day i cant wait till I…. I mean jesus comes back

Mask the Embiid
05-09-2022, 11:53 AM
How’d that work out for him?

https://i.postimg.cc/7hXgmFWR/3-F105343-E6-DB-4-B43-AAAD-D161-A6-D0-ECA9.jpg

RogueBorg
05-09-2022, 12:10 PM
@RogueBorg well?

Ok, I’m here to eat crow, you guys were right. Lay it on me.

Gohan
05-09-2022, 12:14 PM

F that sh1t never surrender to them hunkeys. Death before dishonor

Phoenix
05-09-2022, 12:15 PM
If Dallas is a top 3 seed next year, and if he comes into the season in-shape this year, Luka will win. A reasonable ( 5 seasons) amount of time will have passed for the 'he needs to pay his dues' argument to fly over.

FireDavidKahn
05-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Wow Embiid can not catch a break thought he easily had it this year considering what the sixers had been through.

Do you realize what the Nuggets went through?

Gohan
05-09-2022, 12:23 PM
If Dallas is a top 3 seed next year, and if he comes into the season in-shape this year, Luka will win. A reasonable ( 5 seasons) amount of time will have passed for the 'he needs to pay his dues' argument to fly over.

Has he had a low fg% game yet? If not he still hasnt paid his dues. Theres rules to the game

Phoenix
05-09-2022, 12:31 PM
Has he had a low fg% game yet? If not he still hasnt paid his dues. Theres rules to the game

That's not how it works.

ShawkFactory
05-09-2022, 12:36 PM
Just looked it up in the Warriors series. I'm not sure that the Nuggets had a single starter other than Jokic would who have started for any other team that made the playoffs.

Gohan
05-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Just looked it up in the Warriors series. I'm not sure that the Nuggets had a single starter other than Jokic would who have started for any other team that made the playoffs.

Yea and it showed when they played the warriors. True colors show in the playoffs jokic is trashcan

bison
05-09-2022, 12:42 PM
jokic has more MVPs than Kobe.

Is Kobe officially out of the top 20 ?

TheGoatest
05-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Before anything, Luka will have to play at least 70 games in the season for him to win MVP.
That is one of the reasons Jokic got it over Embiid this season.

ShawkFactory
05-09-2022, 12:45 PM
Yea and it showed when they played the warriors. True colors show in the playoffs jokic is trashcan

Right...that the Nuggets had a horrible squad outside of Jokic.

You agreed with me and then made it about Jokic at the same time. Weird.

Phoenix
05-09-2022, 12:48 PM

31/13/6/64% TS when the other team had like 6 of the top 7 best players in the series......is trash?

tontoz
05-09-2022, 01:00 PM

:facepalm

Jokic averaged 31/13/6 against the Warriors with a 64% TS. Not bad for a trash can.

Dbrog
05-09-2022, 01:01 PM
This is the exact reason I've never taken regular season MVP awards seriously. Same thing was happening before where people were winning over Shaq when he was clearly the best, or Jordan, or (insert actual great player who probably was carrying a squad to playoff success that year). Playoffs are all that matter to me and Joker has never shown that he can carry like a true legend.

AlternativeAcc.
05-09-2022, 01:08 PM
This is the exact reason I've never taken regular season MVP awards seriously. Same thing was happening before where people were winning over Shaq when he was clearly the best, or Jordan, or (insert actual great player who probably was carrying a squad to playoff success that year). Playoffs are all that matter to me and Joker has never shown that he can carry like a true legend.
Exactly.

A regular season award should be predicated on team success in the playoffs.

It's shameful Jokic wasnt able to carry his team by himself vs. a team with 5 all star caliber players. Nuggets missing their 2nd and 3rd best players isn't an excuse for why Jokic didn't single handedly beat the Warriors.

This award is a fraud

RogueBorg
05-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Exactly.

A regular season award should be predicated on team success in the playoffs.

It's shameful Jokic wasnt able to carry his team by himself vs. a team with 5 all star caliber players. Nuggets missing their 2nd and 3rd best players isn't an excuse for why Jokic didn't single handedly beat the Warriors.

This award is a fraud

MVP is a regular season award, FMVP is the post-season award

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2022, 01:13 PM
And the sarcasm sails right over his head :lol

k0kakw0rld
05-09-2022, 01:14 PM

Did you consider what transpired in Denver as well, this season? No Murray, No MPJ?

Highest PER EVER!!!

Well deserved indeed

Phoenix
05-09-2022, 01:20 PM

https://c.tenor.com/rrfhUqm5Z9kAAAAd/joke-missed.gif

Gohan
05-09-2022, 01:28 PM
and the klan runs to jokic defense... not surprising

tontoz
05-09-2022, 01:48 PM
and the klan runs to jokic defense... not surprising

When a guy averages 31/13/6 with a 64% TS against an elite defense and you call him trash it is clear who really has a racial bias.

JohnMax
05-09-2022, 01:52 PM
Only players to win 3 MVP awards in a row

Bill Russell - 1961, 1962, 1963
Wilt Chamberlain - 1966, 1967, 1968
Larry Bird - 1984, 1985, 1986

Gohan
05-09-2022, 01:57 PM
Only players to win 3 MVP awards in a row

Bill Russell - 1961, 1962, 1963
Wilt Chamberlain - 1966, 1967, 1968
Larry Bird - 1984, 1985, 1986

didnt deserve it

tpols
05-09-2022, 02:08 PM
First 2nd round pick to ever win MVP. Respect to Jokic.

jayfan
05-09-2022, 03:12 PM
Has there ever been a shared MVP?

(honest question)

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-09-2022, 03:19 PM
An award that Steve Nash has won twice.

Also derozan looks like an mvp in the reg season

AKA meaningless award. It's just as meaningless as a scoring title

Phoenix
05-09-2022, 03:23 PM
An award that Steve Nash has won twice.

Also derozan looks like an mvp in the reg season

AKA meaningless award. It's just as meaningless as a scoring title

In other words, anything that Kawhit has no chance of winning is meaningless.

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2022, 03:26 PM
In other words, anything that Kawhit has no chance of winning is meaningless.
In b4 Kawhi should be a 3x MVP :lol

Phoenix
05-09-2022, 03:27 PM
In b4 Kawhi should be a 3x MVP :lol

Wait for it.....

fourkicks44
05-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Do you realize what the Nuggets went through?

Oh f"cking spare me please.

I wasn't even going to post in this thread cause this has been contested to death. The matter is closed till the actually voting data is released.

But this is just bullshit. The Ben Simmons saga is still going on. It was the number one issue for half the season. Derailing things on court, off court, at practice, in the court room, handicapping the FO and trades, on social media and the tv and anytime he opened his phone. He lost teamates that were supposed to be intergral to the team because the cost of solving the problem was so high. He excelled through more than just some injured teamates.

Don't try and tell us how hard Jokic had it. Stick to his advance stats.

tontoz
05-09-2022, 03:35 PM
Oh f"cking spare me please.

I wasn't even going to post in this thread cause this has been contested to death. The matter is closed till the actually voting data is released.

But this is just bullshit. The Ben Simmons saga is still going on. It was the number one issue for half the season. Derailing things on court, off court, at practice, in the court room, handicapping the FO and trades, on social media and the tv and anytime he opened his phone. He lost teamates that were supposed to be intergral to the team because the cost of solving the problem was so high. He excelled through more than just some injured teamates.

Don't try and tell us how hard Jokic had it. Stick to his advance stats.

Please Jokic would love to have Maxey,Harris or even a washed Harden. Any of those guys would have been Denvers second best player.

Philly won only 3 more games than Denver.

fourkicks44
05-09-2022, 03:44 PM
Please Jokic would love to have Maxey,Harris or even a washed Harden. Any of those guys would have been Denvers second best player.

Philly won only 3 more games than Denver.

Lets not pretend MPJr didn't play either he played 9 games and Harden played 21.

Let's also no forget Joel missed 2 weeks in COVID protocols. A situation where he has no choice but not to play. Could have had the number one seed if he played those games.

tontoz
05-09-2022, 04:15 PM
Lets not pretend MPJr didn't play either he played 9 games and Harden played 21.

Let's also no forget Joel missed 2 weeks in COVID protocols. A situation where he has no choice but not to play. Could have had the number one seed if he played those games.

MPJ was playing with a bad back. In those 9 games he averaged 10 ppg with a 41.6% TS. This is the same guy that averaged 19 with a 66% TS the year before.

Philly actually beat Denver by 14 without Embiid. All of Denver's main guys played and Jokic put up 30/10/7.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202111180DEN.html

Jokic played only 6 games more than Embiid. Philly was 6-8 without Embiid. Denver was 2-6 without Jokic, their only wins against Indy and Houston.

fourkicks44
05-09-2022, 05:41 PM
MPJ was playing with a bad back. In those 9 games he averaged 10 ppg with a 41.6% TS. This is the same guy that averaged 19 with a 66% TS the year before.

Philly actually beat Denver by 14 without Embiid. All of Denver's main guys played and Jokic put up 30/10/7.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202111180DEN.html

Jokic played only 6 games more than Embiid. Philly was 6-8 without Embiid. Denver was 2-6 without Jokic, their only wins against Indy and Houston.

So when MPJr played he wasn't 100% healthy or anywhere near the player he was last season? Every time I turn on my TV or radio all I ever here is talk about how James Harden isn't healthy or the player he was or the player that was promised when traded.

And how many of those 8 games that Philadelphia lost with Joel out do they win if he played?

Look I don't want to sit here and argue why Jokic shouldn't be MVP. I'm a Joker guy, I love his game and I love watching him Play.

But what I am bitter about and what people seem not to understand is what has happened to Joel this season through this whole Simmons saga is unprecedented. He response and how he has faced the adversity is also unprecedented.

Sure the Nuggets have had injury issues but none of that is anything players and teams haven't gone through in the past and isn't something that doesn't happen every year. That doesn't diminish Joker's efforts this season, he gets kudos for pulling it all together. That's just the player he is, we know that. But you can't even compare what Joel dealt with to this.

The thing is when people look back in history the story is what happened in Philadelphia and what happened with Simmons, the CBA, Klutch, Mental health. Nobody will probably Remember MPJr in 20-30 years and give a shit about Jamal Murray and his knee.

But looking at the records people will see Joker as the 2 time MVP, right after Giannis as the 2 time MVP and Joel's name missing. Should they historically be remembered as that much better than Joel?

It is what it is, congratulations to Jokic. Great regular season run, historical stats, legendary player.

But don't try tell me he overcame some insurmountable circumstances and that's why he deserved the award over Joel. I'm not hearing it cause it is horse shit.

Gohan
05-09-2022, 05:44 PM
So when MPJr played he wasn't 100% healthy or anywhere near the player he was last season? Every time I turn on my TV or radio all I ever here is talk about how James Harden isn't healthy or the player he was or the player that was promised when traded.

And how many of those 8 games that Philadelphia lost with Joel out do they win if he played?

Look I don't want to sit here and argue why Jokic shouldn't be MVP. I'm a Joker guy, I love his game and I love watching him Play.

But what I am bitter about and what people seem not to understand is what has happened to Joel this season through this whole Simmons saga is unprecedented. He response and how he has faced the adversity is also unprecedented.

Sure the Nuggets have had injury issues but none of that is anything players and teams haven't gone through in the past and isn't something that doesn't happen every year. That doesn't diminish Joker's efforts this season, he gets kudos for pulling it all together. That's just the player he is, we know that. But you can't even compare what Joel dealt with to this.

The thing is when people look back in history the story is what happened in Philadelphia and what happened with Simmons, the CBA, Klutch, Mental health. Nobody will probably Remember MPJr in 20-30 years and give a shit about Jamal Murray and his knee.

But looking at the records people will see Joker as the 2 time MVP, right after Giannis as the 2 time MVP and Joel's name missing. Should they historically be remembered as that much better that Joel?

It is what it is, congratulations to Jokic. Great regular season run, historical stats, legendary player.

But don't try tell me he overcame some insurmountable circumstances and that's why he deserved the award over Joel. I'm not hearing it cause it is horse shit.

:applause:

tontoz
05-09-2022, 06:02 PM
Philly and the Bucks won only 3 more games than Denver. Both those teams have much better supporting casts than Denver. It isn't debatable.

Comparing MPJ to Harden is beyond ridiculous. Let's compare harden in Philly to MPJ to start the season.

Harden 21/10/7 with a 60% TS
MPJ 10/2/7 with a 42% TS

Not very comparable.

Gohan
05-09-2022, 06:05 PM
Philly and the Bucks won only 3 more games than Denver. Both those teams have much better supporting casts than Denver. It isn't debatable.

Comparing MPJ to Harden is beyond ridiculous. Let's compare harden in Philly to MPJ to start the season.

MPJ 10/2/7 with a 42% TS

Not very comparable.

that's cause jokic doesnt make his teammates better

tontoz
05-09-2022, 06:13 PM
that's cause jokic doesnt make his teammates better

MPJ averaged 19 ppg last year with a 66% TS playing with Jokic. Pretty sure Porter's back, which he had yet another surgery on, is what caused his drop off this year to start the season. He only played 9 games.

fourkicks44
05-09-2022, 06:15 PM

MPJ 10/2/7 with a 42% TS

Not very comparable.

He just isn't that good, man.

He is always injured. Always has been and probably always will be. He sits out that much he make Joel look like mutha f"ckin A.C Green.

His weird ass family raising him on that stupid diet has messed him up. That is why he slipped down the board and was drafted so late.

Are we gonna sit here and judge the rest of Jokic's career because he plays with his fragile ass.

This is the player he is, this is what they drafted. That's the cards they are dealt.

Are we gonna look at Joel's career from a prism that Markelle Fultz was supposed to be his career 2nd option? Hell no, you realize the circumstance is what it is and move on.

Michael Porter Jr is EXACTLY what they drafted. Tough season for the Nuggets but how long is this going to be some sort of excuse?

ShawkFactory
05-09-2022, 06:18 PM

But looking at the records people will see Joker as the 2 time MVP, right after Giannis as the 2 time MVP and Joel's name missing. Should they historically be remembered as that much better than Joel?

That's not how this really works. I don't think guys are forgotten because they didn't win MVPs. Giannis and Jokic having 4 MVPs between them a Embiid having none isn't going to mean no one knows who Embiid is are that he wasn't on their level.

It comes down to what someone does in a case-by-case scenario and it was felt that Jokic had a stronger case. I don't disagree with that.

tontoz
05-09-2022, 06:31 PM
He just isn't that good, man.

He is always injured. Always has been and probably always will be. He sits out that much he make Joel look like mutha f"ckin A.C Green.

His weird ass family raising him on that stupid diet has messed him up. That is why he slipped down the board and was drafted so late.

Are we gonna sit here and judge the rest of Jokic's career because he plays with his fragile ass.

This is the player he is, this is what they drafted. That's the cards they are dealt.

Are we gonna look at Joel's career from a prism that Markelle Fultz was supposed to be his career 2nd option? Hell no, you realize the circumstance is what it is and move on.

Michael Porter Jr is EXACTLY what they drafted. Tough season for the Nuggets but how long is this going to be some sort of excuse?

Pretty odd stance coming from an Embiid fan. Porter has played more games than Embiid did during his first 4 years.

GimmeThat
05-09-2022, 06:33 PM
something's seriously f*cking wrong with you for treating someone differently for not having a MVP.

but it's ISH, and you can't expect intelligence from inbreds

Gohan
05-09-2022, 07:01 PM
something's seriously f*cking wrong with you for treating someone differently for not having a MVP.

but it's ISH, and you can't expect intelligence from inbreds

i dont know thats why most(intelligent) people have iverson>wade

BarberSchool
05-10-2022, 05:49 AM
This is all im saying and the sad part is they want white players to win it 2x. Bird, nash, jokfag. Hell i think birdb1tch won it 3x in a row. These white people gonna get exposed one day i cant wait till I…. I mean jesus comes back

Muhammad was a man with white skin (numerous descriptions of his abyad skin in the Quran) with a red beard and red hair. Jesus/Isa (pbuh) looked like a mix of Frank Zappa & Bin Laden.

No biblical or Quranic prophet of God was of Bantu west African Yoruba/igbo/hausa lineage, no matter how badly your racial insecurity (and that of other black men and women in America who are all of these Bantu lineages) wants it to be true.

Grow up and get past the tribal aspects of skin color. Looking up to a person of another skin color is ok, as is criticizing or locking up someone with your same skin color, whatever that may be.

DidUSaySomethin
05-10-2022, 06:45 AM

Jokic put up historically great numbers and was the most impactful player in the reg season. It shouldn't have even been close

ImKobe
05-10-2022, 07:23 AM
Jokic put up historically great numbers and was the most impactful player in the reg season. It shouldn't have even been close

Embiid and Giannis both were carrying their teams as well and also had great numbers, and their teams had key players missing a significant amount of games too. Jokic again won because he played the most games out of the 3. Giannis or Embiid needed to finish #1 in the EC to win the award but missed too many games and their teams were sub-.500 without them.

Derka
05-10-2022, 10:44 AM
Had I a vote, it would have gone to Embiid but I'm not gonna hate on Jokic. Dude was a monster this season and saying he didn't deserve it is nonsense.

GOBB
05-10-2022, 10:57 AM
EmMvp should’ve won the award. How often did Jokic get doubled in comparison? Who was the better defensive player? Factor in history as well. How many back to back MVP winners have their been? Outside of his passing ability which is phenomenal. He’s not nearly an imposing defender nor offensive player as EmMvp.

You could replace EmMvp with Giannis if you wanted. But I’m not.

ImKobe
05-10-2022, 10:58 AM
EmMvp should’ve won the award. How often did Jokic get doubled in comparison? Who was the better defensive player? Factor in history as well. How many back to back MVP winners have their been? Outside of his passing ability which is phenomenal. He’s not nearly an imposing defender nor offensive player as EmMvp.

You could replace EmMvp with Giannis if you wanted. But I’m not.

There was a solid case for Joel this year, but Jokic doesn't get doubled as much because of his ATG passing ability. Doubling him is worse than letting him score in single coverage for the opposing defense.

GOBB
05-10-2022, 11:16 AM
There was a solid case for Joel this year, but Jokic doesn't get doubled as much because of his ATG passing ability. Doubling him is worse than letting him score in single coverage for the opposing defense.

He didn’t have Murray and MJP. So how is it he didn’t have these two which is why he should have won it. But he doesn’t get doubled because of his passing ability to find lesser talented players being open. I need logic applied here.

Also Jokic isn’t doubled not because of his passing per say. It’s becuase quite frankly he’s not offensively imposing as giannis and Emmbiid. Let’s call it how we see it. Like I’m not gonna say embiid isn’t a great passer because he gets hard doubled and his teammates don’t find areas for him to deliver. No he’s just not a great passer. Jokic was deserving I just don’t think he should’ve won it.

tontoz
05-10-2022, 11:29 AM
He didn’t have Murray and MJP. So how is it he didn’t have these two which is why he should have won it. But he doesn’t get doubled because of his passing ability to find lesser talented players being open. I need logic applied here.

Also Jokic isn’t doubled not because of his passing per say. It’s becuase quite frankly he’s not offensively imposing as giannis and Emmbiid. Let’s call it how we see it. Like I’m not gonna say embiid isn’t a great passer because he gets hard doubled and his teammates don’t find areas for him to deliver. No he’s just not a great passer. Jokic was deserving I just don’t think he should’ve won it.

Jokic actually scored more points from the field than Embiid on far better efficiency. He shot 65% on 2s.

Embiid's advantage was getting to the foul line.

Full Court
05-10-2022, 12:12 PM
Jokic, Embiid, and Giannis all had MVP-caliber seasons, and it could have very well gone to any of them. Nobody has any good reason to complain about any of those three getting the nod.

GrayGoat
05-10-2022, 12:56 PM
Jokic, Embiid, and Giannis all had MVP-caliber seasons, and it could have very well gone to any of them. Nobody has any good reason to complain about any of those three getting the nod.

Well Embiid carried his team better than Jokic

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Well Embiid carried his team better than Jokic

How is that remotely true?

GrayGoat
05-10-2022, 01:06 PM
How is that remotely true?

Wtf you talking about? Embiid’s +\- blows Jokic out of the water

tontoz
05-10-2022, 01:16 PM
Wtf you talking about? Embiid’s +\- blows Jokic out of the water

Jokic led the league in BPM with 13.7. Embiid was 3rd at 9.2.

Philly actually beat Denver by 14 without Embiid and won 6 games without him. Denver won only 2 without Jokic, against Indy and Houston.

GOBB
05-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Jokic actually scored more points from the field than Embiid on far better efficiency. He shot 65% on 2s.

Embiid's advantage was getting to the foul line.

So you honestly feel Jokic is more imposing or just as imposing as Embiid?

bullettooth
05-10-2022, 01:43 PM

https://c.tenor.com/Ed6LvLLA3h4AAAAC/uh-huh-eddie-murphy.gif

rawimpact
05-10-2022, 01:47 PM
The NBA is systematically racist. Consider it reparations for the adversity Nikola had to face because of the color of his skin.

ImKobe
05-10-2022, 01:53 PM

It's tough. All 3 bigs deserved to win it with the ATG statistical seasons that they had. Some of the advanced metrics make Jokic look better than he was because of the lack of help on his team, we saw it with Russ in '17, who had insane BPM & VORP numbers and who elevated a similar cast to 47 wins.

GOBB
05-10-2022, 02:01 PM
It's tough. All 3 bigs deserved to win it with the ATG statistical seasons that they had. Some of the advanced metrics make Jokic look better than he was because of the lack of help on his team, we saw it with Russ in '17, who had insane BPM & VORP numbers and who elevated a similar cast to 47 wins.

What about defensively? I don’t think embiid would ever be benched for defense. Ijs

End of the day tho while I’m always gonna disagree with who won it? Jokic is dope (and deserving) so it’s not a robbery to me. The 3 candidates were amazing this season. At one point I had Giannis taking it. It was a good mvp race at the end of the day imo

ImKobe
05-10-2022, 02:06 PM
What about defensively? I don’t think embiid would ever be benched for defense. Ijs

End of the day tho while I’m always gonna disagree with who won it? Jokic is dope (and deserving) so it’s not a robbery to me. The 3 candidates were amazing this season. At one point I had Giannis taking it. It was a good mvp race at the end of the day imo

Yeah, and that's where I have an issue with the advanced stats, especially when it comes to defense. His defense looks better in the advanced metrics because of his supporting cast.

tontoz
05-10-2022, 02:11 PM
So you honestly feel Jokic is more imposing or just as imposing as Embiid?

Physically imposing and scoring ability are two different things. Jokic isn't as physically imposing as Embiid. He is just a far better shooter from 3 feet to the 3 pt line. Embiid is better at getting to the foul line and shooting 3s, not bad strengths to have.

But Philly only won 3 more games than Denver. i would argue that Maxey/Harden/Harris were better than anyone Jokic played with this year.

tontoz
05-10-2022, 02:13 PM

He should have been benched when they played GS last year. :oldlol:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202104190PHI.html

I would agree that all 3 had MVP caliber seasons.

NBAGOAT
05-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Physically imposing and scoring ability are two different things. Jokic isn't as physically imposing as Embiid. He is just a far better shooter from 3 feet to the 3 pt line. Embiid is better at getting to the foul line and shooting 3s, not bad strengths to have.

But Philly only won 3 more games than Denver. i would argue that Maxey/Harden/Harris were better than anyone Jokic played with this year.

harden did play only 30 games so cant count him for a while season. also not in his current role but I prefer aaron gordon over tobias harris on a lot of teams.

BarberSchool
05-10-2022, 08:33 PM
The NBA is systematically racist. Consider it reparations for the adversity Nikola had to face because of the color of his skin.I see what you did there.
*Peanut gallery demands this same satire in political discussion forum*

kawhileonard2
05-11-2022, 12:01 AM
What other player won back to back MVP's without having a top 1 or 2 seed in the second year?

Axe
05-11-2022, 03:09 AM
Freezeup.

Axe
05-11-2022, 03:10 AM
jokic has more MVPs than Kobe.

Is Kobe officially out of the top 20 ?
3ball is not going to like this.