PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd coaching

PP34Deuce
05-09-2022, 06:31 PM
I remember when he first became coach and everyone chewed him out and said he would flame out.

Seems like it took him several years watching solid head coaches do the job and now he's excelling and has a team who was bad defensively put forth effort and play great.

How do people feel about Jason Kidd's transition and future as a Head Coach in this league?

Real Men Wear Green
05-09-2022, 06:41 PM
The problem when he started was most likely the sane one Nash has now, and is that he had to learn how to coach. only star players are debuted in this way becoming an NBA head coach as their very first job. It kind of disrespected the profession to say someone with no experience can succeed at it at the highest level. Now that Kidd has years not just as a head coach but learning as an assistant he's better prepared.

8Ball
05-09-2022, 06:53 PM
I remember when he first became coach and everyone chewed him out and said he would flame out.

Seems like it took him several years watching solid head coaches do the job and now he's excelling and has a team who was bad defensively put forth effort and play great.

How do people feel about Jason Kidd's transition and future as a Head Coach in this league?

Jason Kidd said in an interview that being promoted straight to Head Coach meant he had to crash learn a lot of things and he made many mistakes. He said it would have been better if he went from assistant coach, learn the ropes -> head coach.

So Jason Kidd winning a chip in 2020 as an assistant coach was huge for his development.

I don't know why head offices keep hiring big names to go from point guard -> head coaching position. Being a head coach is extremely tough, demanding, and requires a lot of skill.

PP34Deuce
05-09-2022, 07:14 PM
You guys see nash and billups being above average in 3 4 years?

Real Men Wear Green
05-09-2022, 07:27 PM
You guys see nash and billups being above average in 3 4 years?

Possible but I wouldn't be shocked if both of them were working for ESPN in 2

BarberSchool
05-10-2022, 10:14 PM
I was skeptical about hiring Kidd.

Thought it was too much about marketing, and not someone who could eventually be superior to the offensive genius that is Carlisle. But so far Kidd has really put his stamp on the squad, especially in improving the blind spots and weaknesses of the squad.

He’s done really well this season, especially since the trades.
Monty won coach of the year, and he’s great.
But Kidd has been hanging right in there with him in this series, strategically.
Tonight is a pivotal game in both Monty’s & Kidd’s young coaching careers.

90sgoat
05-10-2022, 10:16 PM
He has it easy because he has Luka, but he has done exactly what I expected and that is to be a great leader and develop his players.