PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving talks about his time on the Boston Celtics on Twitch

1987_Lakers
05-11-2022, 12:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8Z8_-iU0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x53f3RFpWQA

Shogon
05-11-2022, 01:19 PM
First video sounds like a guy who literally never experienced any sort of loss until his mid 20s. Good for him I suppose, but I experienced that shit at a very young age.

And if I'm right, that would certainly explain a lot about his behavior just in general... always things going his way throughout life up to that point.

But yeah he also covers the fact that he had colluded with Anthony Davis to join Boston and he also talks about how Boston is racist(and specifically says he's not saying Boston is racist, though he is.)

There you go... that's about it.

ImKobe
05-11-2022, 01:36 PM
First video sounds like a guy who literally never experienced any sort of loss until his mid 20s. Good for him I suppose, but I experienced that shit at a very young age.

And if I'm right, that would certainly explain a lot about his behavior just in general... always things going his way throughout life up to that point.

But yeah he also covers the fact that he had colluded with Anthony Davis to join Boston and he also talks about how Boston is racist(and specifically says he's not saying Boston is racist, though he is.)

There you go... that's about it.

People take loss differently. We don't know how close he was with his grandad. Didn't remember the knee infection being that bad on him physically, but it makes sense with the slow start to the season. Celtics were disappointing in the '18-'19 RS & the Milwaukee series, so I wouldn't be surprised if some fans did say racist shit to him, but that's not why he left Boston. He was smart to team up with Durant with all the assets Brooklyn had on top of them going there as FAs as well, that was his best chance at winning a chip and not having to be the #1 guy. Sucks that the injuries have basically wasted 3 seasons of his and KD's primes on the Nets.

Real Men Wear Green
05-11-2022, 02:32 PM
First video sounds like a guy who literally never experienced any sort of loss until his mid 20s. Good for him I suppose, but I experienced that shit at a very young age..
I don't know how well he remembers her but his mother died when he was 3 or 4. That had to have effected him and in ways that we can't guess at.

AirBonner
05-11-2022, 02:50 PM
I don't know how well he remembers her but his mother died when he was 3 or 4. That had to have effected him and in ways that we can't guess at.

It’s weird cuz Kyrie acts like a man that has grown up with no father

Real Men Wear Green
05-11-2022, 02:51 PM
It’s weird cuz Kyrie acts like a man that has grown up with no father
You have no idea what that means.

Shogon
05-11-2022, 03:59 PM

I see. So I was completely off base.

Well that sucks for him, sorry for that... yeah I mean I have no idea.

Shogon
05-11-2022, 04:11 PM
Well, him losing his mom would certainly explain why he's drawn to conspiracy theories. That original take was really bad on my part. I don't know what that was. I'm stupid. I guess what I was really trying to say was that given the way he just kind of skips out on games / half a season / etc, vaccine problem aside, it suggests someone that has been spoiled in various ways, clearly, acting as if the world revolves around them.

Everyone I've ever known personally that was attracted to conspiracy theories as a whole has suffered some type of deep personal trauma. Every single one without fail. Again, people I have known in my life, can't say that rings true for all.

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-11-2022, 04:22 PM
Him and Kemba were too inconsistent offensively and liability defensively. Much prefer Marcus Smart playing the point guard even though he's not a natural passer, he's still a better then average passer and elite defender.

GimmeThat
05-11-2022, 05:25 PM
the Celtics enjoy organized basketball, whereas many other organizations they consult the players. it's like watching a show where the star isn't part of the producing team, the scripted lines simply create dramas.

SATAN
05-11-2022, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x53f3RFpWQA

Imagine stanning this weirdo. :yaohappy:

CelticBaller
05-11-2022, 07:06 PM
basically he got depressed and wanted to be close to home?

doesnt explain the kd ******ging during the asw

Shogon
05-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Imagine stanning this weirdo. :yaohappy:

I actually think this clip is funny af and it makes Kyrie more likeable.

I wish more players would hit up twitch while streaming alone... open formats where they freely speak is better than even any podcast tbh.

kabacho
05-11-2022, 08:10 PM
@ 7:00

And the reason I said "I'm coming back" is because I had plan up my sleeves

What/who is he talking about?

KD to Boston?

D-Wait
05-11-2022, 08:27 PM

Wut?? His mum died when he was 4 years old...

Shogon
05-11-2022, 09:08 PM
Wut?? His mum died when he was 4 years old...

Yes, we established this.