PDA

View Full Version : Phil says he could never coach Lebron or run triangle with Lebron

3ba11
05-12-2022, 03:34 PM
He says that Lebron's Heat was Xbox 1-on-1 (shit brand of ball):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9C9TvmTfdZM&t=01m33s

The Heat were defeated by superior brands of ball twice (11', 14'), so they only went 2/4 instead of 4/4.

Lebron is a talent-based winner that never learned how to win (brand of ball).

HylianNightmare
05-12-2022, 03:43 PM
Water is wet

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-12-2022, 03:44 PM
Rumors say he's telling Jeanie buss to trade LeBron and keep Westbrook haha haha that's funny

1987_Lakers
05-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Rumors say he's telling Jeanie buss to trade LeBron and keep Westbrook haha haha that's funny

There's a reason why he failed as a GM in New York.

3ba11
05-12-2022, 03:50 PM
There's a reason why he failed as a GM in New York.

Phil knows the kind of player that is coachable into a good brand of ball and what kind of player isn't

He knows that Lebron has the worst teammate fits, chemistry and strategy (woat brand of ball).

These things have nothing to do with GM'ing

He knows that Lebron can only play 1 way (big man ball-dominance), which ties a coach's hands into playing a weak brand of ball - this weak brand requires ridiculous supporting talent to win

RRR3
05-12-2022, 03:50 PM
Still seething LeBron exposed his racist ass.

1987_Lakers
05-12-2022, 03:53 PM
Phil knows the kind of player that is coachable into a good brand of ball and what kind of player isn't

He knows that Lebron has the worst teammate fits, chemistry and strategy (woat brand of ball).

These things have nothing to do with GM'ing

He knows that Lebron can only play 1 way (big man ball-dominance), which ties a coach's hands into playing a weak brand of ball - this weak brand requires ridiculous supporting talent to win

Durant & Kyrie also play a good brand of ball according to you and they got swept by a Boston team that is down 3-2 right now.

John8204
05-12-2022, 03:53 PM

Well that makes sense because you can trade Lebron and nobody will take Russ

dazzer87
05-12-2022, 03:55 PM
Phil trying to get rid Lestats and his Posse….:(

Bronbron23
05-12-2022, 03:58 PM
Of course he couldn't. The triangle is an elite off ball moving system and brons off ball game is trash.

3ba11
05-12-2022, 03:58 PM
Durant & Kyrie also play a good brand of ball according to you and they got swept by a Boston team that is down 3-2 right now.

Lebron's teams are the shining example of a weak brand causing favored talent to underachieve.

Specifically, his preseason favorites fell to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16') except the Ray Allen miracle

And I never said Durant or Kyrie played a good brand of ball

I said their elite jumpshooting skill and ability to produce off-screens gives them the CAPACITY for good brand (coachable skillset), but they usually opt for your-turn-my-turn that loses

1987_Lakers
05-12-2022, 04:02 PM
I said their elite jumpshooting skill and and ability to produce off-screens gives them the CAPACITY for good brand (coachable skillset), but they usually opt for your-turn-my-turn that loses

LeBron beat these Celtics by himself, KD & Kyrie got swept by them.

:lol

Phoenix
05-12-2022, 04:03 PM
I said their elite jumpshooting skill and ability to produce off-screens gives them the CAPACITY for good brand (coachable skillset), but they usually opt for your-turn-my-turn that loses

So they have the capacity to, but choose not to? That somehow seems worse.

FKAri
05-12-2022, 04:21 PM
"Keep Westbrook" lmao

Btw it's "Xbox One-One". It's a modification(and imho an enhancement) to the Box and One defense you idiot.

3ba11
05-12-2022, 04:33 PM
LeBron beat these Celtics by himself, KD & Kyrie got swept by them.

Lebron always wet the bed against #1 SRS teams like these Celtics (07' Finals, 08' ECSF, 14' Finals), except when he didn't have to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load) like the 16' Finals.

In contrast to Lebron's bed-wetting against #1 SRS teams, Jordan averaged 44/6/6 against the 86' Celtics or 40/6/8 in an upset win in 89'.

And against #6 SRS teams like the 18' Celtics, Lebron didn't play nearly as well as Jordan (43/7/7)

FultzNationRISE
05-12-2022, 04:36 PM
So Phil wouldnt be able to adapt his coaching to complement the greatest player to ever live??

Dude just told on himself, smh.

Full Court
05-12-2022, 04:53 PM
So Phil wouldnt be able to adapt his coaching to complement the greatest player to ever live??

Dude just told on himself, smh.

Actually, the greatest player we've seen to this point adapted his play to Phil Jackson's coaching. The result was six rings while three-peating twice.

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Phil also enjoys getting taxed to death and not seeking out any tax exempts

tpols
05-12-2022, 05:16 PM
I mean... that's intuitive. Bran stans like to do simple addition when it comes to talent fits when multiplication or even exponentiation is on the table.

A LeBron shaq fit would never pan out like it should because Shaq and all the attention he draws would clog Lebrons bread and butter drive game, and they're both bad FT shooters which would plummet efficiency further.

Spurs m8
05-12-2022, 05:21 PM
Phil also said they should trade LeBarry over WB.

Which is true...given they're not going anywhere with LeBarry...scrimmage award aside, he's been an utter failure and lottery at the Lakers.

You'd get more back for LeBarry...trade him...let Westbrook walk next off season, bring free agents in and youve done a rebuild in 12ish months.

No surprise this guy has 11 rings as coach...he knows coaching and talent

j3lademaster
05-12-2022, 05:27 PM
I mean... that's intuitive. Bran stans like to do simple addition when it comes to talent fits when multiplication or even exponentiation is on the table.

A LeBron shaq fit would never pan out like it should because Shaq and all the attention he draws would clog Lebrons bread and butter drive game, and they're both bad FT shooters which would plummet efficiency further.that’s why the most potent duo may just be Curry and Durant. Both are goat level assist targets for high volume non-bigs.

getting_old
05-12-2022, 05:33 PM
The grossly overrated Triangle O meant you could dick around and if it came down to shot clock pressure the Hall of Famer Michael or Kobe or Shaq (or BOTH Kobe and Shaq) could singlehandedly set up a great shot all by themselves.

This did not work when it was Kwame or any other non-Hall of Famer. (see Phil's career without Michael or Shaq or Kobe).

LeBron could singlehandedly set up a great shot, has done so all his career, so he would be perfect to bail out the Triangle O.

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2022, 05:36 PM

A LeBron shaq fit would never pan out like it should because Shaq and all the attention he draws would clog Lebrons bread and butter drive game, and they're both bad FT shooters which would plummet efficiency further.
That seemed to cause no issue for Wade, who thrived with mid 30’s Shaq. Even if they’re not an ideal fit, prime LeBron & Shaq are simply too talented not to ring together.

Real Men Wear Green
05-12-2022, 05:57 PM
Jackson has an axe to grind but hopefully Buss listens and trades him. I bet that would spark an exciting off-season.

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 06:15 PM
Even if they’re not an ideal fit, prime LeBron & Shaq are simply too talented not to ring together.

re-read your statement, because that means they are an ideal fit, you fakkit.

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 06:18 PM
The grossly overrated Triangle O meant you could dick around and if it came down to shot clock pressure the Hall of Famer Michael or Kobe or Shaq (or BOTH Kobe and Shaq) could singlehandedly set up a great shot all by themselves.

This did not work when it was Kwame or any other non-Hall of Famer. (see Phil's career without Michael or Shaq or Kobe).

LeBron could singlehandedly set up a great shot, has done so all his career, so he would be perfect to bail out the Triangle O.

the triangle focuses on set shot, even a guy like Robert Williams would look like absolute garbage under Phil's triangle.

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2022, 06:27 PM
re-read your statement, because that means they are an ideal fit, you fakkit.
human generally at some point will reach the conclusion that sexual orientations are set, and the tranneis are thiefs that don't grow what can anyone do when it's a board full of posters hiding behind a 2 or 3 year old

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 06:43 PM
human generally at some point will reach the conclusion that sexual orientations are set, and the tranneis are thiefs that don't grow what can anyone do when it's a board full of posters hiding behind a 2 or 3 year old

by replying the users quote with the users quote instead of an actual reply, all while being a fakkit. you turned an assist play into a turnover.

SATAN
05-12-2022, 06:48 PM
Bringing Phil into the mix was a great idea. :oldlol:

Why are a bunch of dinosaurs intent on running the franchise into the ground? Never seen an organization act so trashy before. LeBron should have went elsewhere imo.

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 06:54 PM
Bringing Phil into the mix was a great idea. :oldlol:

Why are a bunch of dinosaurs intent on running the franchise into the ground? Never seen an organization act so trashy before. LeBron should have went elsewhere imo.

scaling, they had ran players career into the ground when they were baby dinosaurs anyway. the fans stood and watched while purchasing overpriced drinks and food.

8Ball
05-12-2022, 08:54 PM
Triangle is an ancient system for ancient players.

Bron built for modern era.

red1
05-12-2022, 09:00 PM
who cares

phil had mj shaq and kobe carry him to 11 rings. great for him.

Axe
05-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Actually, the greatest player we've seen to this point adapted his play to Phil Jackson's coaching. The result was six rings while three-peating twice.
The great scottie pippen.

Shooter
05-13-2022, 12:18 AM
Players that can PASS well dont play the triangle.

Shitty ballhogs in a pathetic attempt to hide their glaring weaknesses do.

red1
05-13-2022, 12:20 AM
phil would've been ringless if he had lebron's cleveland rosters instead of mj and pippen and then shaq and kobe. he would've been ringless if he had the cleveland rosters including the lebron kyrie duo who are good enough for 3 -4 rings if it wasnt for kyrie being fragile and kd rigging the most stacked team of all-time.

jlip
05-13-2022, 01:05 AM
Even if Phil did actually say that, it doesn't mean much coming from him. This is the same guy that said in a book that he felt that Kobe was flat "uncoachable" because Kobe "wanted more freedom and I [Phil] wanted him to be more disciplined." Then years later he said, “But when I came back for my second stint with the Lakers, Kobe and I worked it all out. I gave him more of a license to do his thing, as long as it stayed within the overall context of the triangle."

Keep in mind that MJ initially resisted the triangle, and according Tex Winter, Phil Jackson had to convince him to accept it.

j3lademaster
05-13-2022, 01:10 AM
Triangle is an ancient system for ancient players.

Bron built for modern era.Bron built for any era. Averaging 27/7/7 as a 19 year old during toughest defensive climate. But yes triangle is overrated. Theres a reason the Jazz pnr is run by everyone today and constantly improved upon and the triangle died.

j3lademaster
05-13-2022, 01:12 AM
who cares

Yeah, true.

Axe
05-13-2022, 01:14 AM
who cares

Dumb. Those guys were ringless before he even became their coach. :oldlol:

GimmeThat
05-13-2022, 01:17 AM
Bron built for any era. Averaging 27/7/7 as a 19 year old during toughest defensive climate. But yes triangle is overrated. Theres a reason the Jazz pnr is run by everyone today and constantly improved upon and the triangle died.

it's more so a combination of both, if you run the pnr, the rest of the players can still get in position based on triangle defense, which breaks the man to man. obviously cutting and passing beats the zone. and you're combining pnr with cutting and passing on the box-1

GimmeThat
05-13-2022, 01:19 AM
Dumb. Those guys were ringless before he even became their coach. :oldlol:

of course they were ringless and FMVP less before they team hopped

GimmeThat
05-13-2022, 01:21 AM
Even if Phil did actually say that, it doesn't mean much coming from him. This is the same guy that said in a book that he felt that Kobe was flat "uncoachable" because Kobe "wanted more freedom and I [Phil] wanted him to be more disciplined." Then years later he said, “But when I came back for my second stint with the Lakers, Kobe and I worked it all out. I gave him more of a license to do his thing, as long as it stayed within the overall context of the triangle."

Keep in mind that MJ initially resisted the triangle, and according Tex Winter, Phil Jackson had to convince him to accept it.

what a great credit card salesman Phil was

Axe
05-13-2022, 01:26 AM
of course they were ringless and FMVP less before they team hopped
Yep. All of them severely lacked the necessary hp, torque and superb power-to-weight ratio needed to become competitive without the zenmaster bt.

BarberSchool
05-13-2022, 01:34 AM
“XBOX 1-on-1”
Gawddaamn Phil.

XBOX 1-on-1 is some cold hearted Rambo knife right thru the abs, bile jammed thru a kidney, twisting the knife and yanking out with bile and blood squirting out plum-sized exit wound as LeFraud Shames falls to the ground.

plowking
05-13-2022, 03:06 AM

wtf... Since when is Phil Jackson racist?

This should be good...

kabacho
05-13-2022, 03:19 AM
Does Phil have a patent on the Trig-O? :lol

Have any other coach ever tried it?

TheGoatest
05-13-2022, 03:31 AM
Reminder:

LeBron won chips as the best player/Finals MVP on 3 different teams/systems/sets of teammates/coaches
jordon could only ever win under 1 system

These are facts. Facts are not friends of jordon extremist alts.

Axe
05-13-2022, 04:22 AM
Reminder:

LeBron won chips as the best player/Finals MVP on 3 different teams/systems/sets of teammates/coaches
jordon could only ever win under 1 system

These are facts. Facts are not friends of jordon extremist alts.
And he got swept twice in the finals too, despite being the bitw at one point in his career (2018).

Now do the world a goddamn favor by stopping in trying to make kong look overrated, you incoherent psychopath.

k 96
05-13-2022, 05:56 AM
Phil Jackson = 11 out of 13 NBA Finals wins
Le ESPNHYPE james = 4 out of 10 NBA Finals win
* 1 COVID-19 lock out shortened Ring
* 1 2012 Lock out season

TheGoatest
05-13-2022, 05:58 AM
And he got swept twice in the finals too, despite being the bitw at one point in his career (2018).

Now do the world a goddamn favor by stopping in trying to make kong look overrated, you incoherent psychopath.

jordon got swept in the first round twice before he started playing under the only system he could ever win. :oldlol:

Shooter
05-13-2022, 06:07 AM
jordon got swept in the first round twice before he started playing under the only system he could ever win. :oldlol:

SHUT it DOWN

Bronbron23
05-13-2022, 09:45 AM

Phil not a racist brons just a sensitive male karen. Oh no Phil called me and my friends a posse:roll:

tpols
05-13-2022, 10:35 AM
That seemed to cause no issue for Wade, who thrived with mid 30’s Shaq. Even if they’re not an ideal fit, prime LeBron & Shaq are simply too talented not to ring together.

They could win a ring but I'm not seeing a 3peat. Every star big man LeBron ever played with was used in stretch capacity with post opportunity diminished ~ big Z, Jamison, Bosh, Love, AD etc.

Wade is more flexible than LeBron. He had a sweeter midrange game and would fit in the triangle based on that alone. Plus we know they fit since they literally played together.

Lebrons style is basically deep shot or drive. That's not conducive to success in the triangle. Furthermore, we know LeBron automatically rejects high level offenses like when he rejected David Blatts Princeton offense in favor of his AAU QB style. Phil is speaking the truth here.

tpols
05-13-2022, 10:38 AM
by replying the users quote with the users quote instead of an actual reply, all while being a fakkit. you turned an assist play into a turnover.

This was actually a brutal ether.

Shooter
05-13-2022, 08:06 PM

This was actually a brutal ether.

tHURSTON....

https://i.postimg.cc/PxGVGsPg/Thurston_(Tpols).jpg

Full Court
05-13-2022, 08:10 PM
The great scottie pippen.

Nice try, dingus.