PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone able to see this Sixers meltdown coming?

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2022, 08:47 PM
title

AlternativeAcc.
05-12-2022, 08:53 PM
Embiid and Harden. Everybody saw it coming. Embiid is a joke

Shogon
05-12-2022, 08:54 PM

He needs to stop falling to the ground on every other play and just focus on making basketball plays.

It's disgusting.

I used to root for this guy so hard... but his game has just gotten progressively more embarrassing despite his overall skill level going up. He's a bitch.

It really is a shame.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Embiid and Harden. Everybody saw it coming.

:oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 08:57 PM
no, but I'm calling moving screen now.

Shogon
05-12-2022, 09:00 PM
Embarrassing. I feel shame having ever rooted for this guy.

If he's secretly got a concussion or something I'll feel bad but I dunno, every time I've watched him this season he's always falling to the ground, so.

Manny98
05-12-2022, 09:02 PM
This

Kblaze8855
05-12-2022, 09:15 PM
Has losing to a higher seed in 6 games with your best player missing the first two games ever been considered a meltdown before? Are all losses meltdowns?

red1
05-12-2022, 09:16 PM
Has losing to a higher seed in 6 games with your best player missing the first two games ever been considered a meltdown before? Are all losses meltdowns?

these kids are retarded. never competed in anything in their lives.

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2022, 09:17 PM
No, but they've melted down terribly in this 2nd half.

coin24
05-12-2022, 09:22 PM
Games two biggest chokers? Yeah who would have thought:lol

Classic playoff hardon.

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 09:26 PM
most people would want their money back when watching someone play ping pong ball against a wall. but there are those that say "best ping pong ball I've ever seen in my life"

Axe
05-12-2022, 09:38 PM
Oof another second-round exit. :(

GimmeThat
05-12-2022, 09:53 PM
Oof another second-round exit. :(

I don't understand why people want to pretend the whole notion of calling out plays, and plays management doesn't work.

MrFonzworth
05-12-2022, 09:58 PM
https://voca.ro/1f6mAI4cg6sm

:yaohappy:

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2022, 06:53 AM

not a meltdown, but this loss is a bit of a meltdown.

most teams dont go down like this at home in a game 6, especially when you have embiid/harden, right?

tpols
05-13-2022, 07:01 AM
He needs to stop falling to the ground on every other play and just focus on making basketball plays.

It's disgusting.

I used to root for this guy so hard... but his game has just gotten progressively more embarrassing despite his overall skill level going up. He's a bitch.

It really is a shame.

:roll:

I've never seen a 7 foot + player hit the floor so much. He does flop and play like a bitch. Especially for his size. If I was that big id never be hitting the floor. How often did Shaq fall to the ground?

Shogon
05-13-2022, 07:10 AM
:roll:

I've never seen a 7 foot + player hit the floor so much. He does flop and play like a bitch. Especially for his size. If I was that big id never be hitting the floor. How often did Shaq fall to the ground?

Certainly not 10-15 times in a single game which is what Embiid did last night. But to be fair Shaq was one of the most coordinated 7 footers ever, so yeah...

Embiid still wildly throws himself after defensive plays, so I understand hitting the ground sometimes... but he flops like crazy. It's out of control.

8Ball
05-13-2022, 07:27 AM
Harden is washed.

This is what happens when you dont work out in nba, by 33 you are done.

GOBB
05-13-2022, 09:15 AM

Exactly

Manny98
05-13-2022, 09:21 AM
This is the series I been waiting on. Toronto was a tune up. This is the main event. Doc rivers? James Harden? Bench? Uh oh

SouBeachTalents
05-13-2022, 09:43 AM
Certainly not 10-15 times in a single game which is what Embiid did last night. But to be fair Shaq was one of the most coordinated 7 footers ever, so yeah...

Embiid still wildly throws himself after defensive plays, so I understand hitting the ground sometimes... but he flops like crazy. It's out of control.
Obv not to the extent of last night, but on average I feel like AD falls nearly as often as Embiid does.

Spuddywebby
05-13-2022, 10:53 AM

Not really but according to Philly fans, ever since “The Process”, they have been the smartest guys in the room. While the other teams were running on a treadmill, they were going to be building a dynasty that would compete for multiple championships. Then they drafted Simmons and the city rejoiced and shit was about to get real. Then they got finessed in the Fultz/Tatum deal, but that didn’t matter to them because Fultz and his hesi pull-up was the piece they were missing. Then the Simmons/Harden trade happened and it was game over for the rest of the league.

They made the ECF once because of Jimmy, a non process player. Their ceiling is a treadmill second round exit team for the foreseeable future. You will not win in todays league with a back to basket center as your number 1 option, that’s before you take into account his injury history and boneheaded turnovers. The final nail in their coffin will be when they sign Harden to a multi year deal. No one would care if it wasn’t for Philly’s (fans) insistence that they are this close to championship, every year for the last few years, and they always flame out.

GOBB
05-13-2022, 10:56 AM

I’m confused. Not sure what you’re attempting here besides a fail

RRR3
05-13-2022, 11:12 AM
Not really but according to Philly fans, ever since “The Process”, they have been the smartest guys in the room. While the other teams were running on a treadmill, they were going to be building a dynasty that would compete for multiple championships. Then they drafted Simmons and the city rejoiced and shit was about to get real. Then they got finessed in the Fultz/Tatum deal, but that didn’t matter to them because Fultz and his hesi pull-up was the piece they were missing. Then the Simmons/Harden trade happened and it was game over for the rest of the league.

They made the ECF once because of Jimmy, a non process player. Their ceiling is a treadmill second round exit team for the foreseeable future. You will not win in todays league with a back to basket center as your number 1 option, that’s before you take into account his injury history and boneheaded turnovers. The final nail in their coffin will be when they sign Harden to a multi year deal. No one would care if it wasn’t for Philly’s (fans) insistence that they are this close to championship, every year for the last few years, and they always flame out.
They didn’t make the ECF even with Jimmy.

Spuddywebby
05-13-2022, 12:00 PM
They didn’t make the ECF even with Jimmy.

:facepalm:facepalm

One for me and one for them.

SouBeachTalents
05-13-2022, 12:07 PM
:facepalm:facepalm

One for me and one for them.
I mean, he played like half a season with them, and they lost on a literal buzzer beater in Game 7 to the eventual champs. Too many things can happen in a one season sample size to reach any definitive conclusion, and it's not like they had some egregious result, they came about as close to knocking off a future champ as any team in history.

tpols
05-13-2022, 12:20 PM

Embiid is also one of the most coordinated 7 footers ever. Arguably more so than shaq due to his shooting and dribbling ability. While still being super coordinated in the post. It comes down to a mentality thing. Shaq was the biggest and baddest guy on the court so its a point of pride to not be knocked down.

Flopping is like being rewarded for getting dropped in a fight. Its counter intuitive and backwards which is why people generally look unfavorably upon it. Embiid does it not because he's uncoordinated... he's just using cheap tactics with absolutely no shame in an attempt to win.

n00bie
05-13-2022, 02:32 PM
I'm not a fan of Embiid and I hate how he says the wrong things to the media 24/7, but I'd say Philly fans had a bigger meltdown than Embiid or Harden.

They were booing their own team in the 3rd quarter down by 14.

Imagine how demotivating it would be to have your own fans boo you in a high pressure game.. in the 3rd quarter.

Regular fans would cheer on a great end to a season. Philly fans? Nope. Boo for half the game, and then walk out before the game ends. The ones that stayed stayed to boo. Wtf?

Manny98
05-13-2022, 02:46 PM
I'm not a fan of Embiid and I hate how he says the wrong things to the media 24/7, but I'd say Philly fans had a bigger meltdown than Embiid or Harden.

They were booing their own team in the 3rd quarter down by 14.

Imagine how demotivating it would be to have your own fans boo you in a high pressure game.. in the 3rd quarter.

Regular fans would cheer on a great end to a season. Philly fans? Nope. Boo for half the game, and then walk out before the game ends. The ones that stayed stayed to boo. Wtf?
Worst fans in sports