PDA

View Full Version : Embiid throwing Harden under the bus post game interview

Shogon
05-13-2022, 07:02 AM
https://streamable.com/qe58kk

So not only says he's not that guy anymore (which is true btw) but he also then starts to talk shit about how Harden wasn't aggressive and he catches himself...

Way to go Joel, throw your other star under the bus 2 years in a row in the post game presser.

Bonus footage of Doc getting ready to have an emotional breakdown over being questioned about his coaching...

https://streamable.com/17aq87

It really is a shame... Philly really was probably going to dominate the league for years and then they fired their GM(Hinkie) and it was a slow unraveling from that point on. Now they're going to be stuck in mediocrity for years unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat this offseason in terms of roster moves because Joel will consistently be good enough to keep them out of the lottery unless he gets injured, of course.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2022, 07:17 AM
I wouldnt really say he threw him under the bus.

Imo voice/tone does a lot, and he was being careful/sincere.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2022, 07:19 AM
I have to say, Harden is truly declined.

Which I did not think.

Its crazy how quickly that happened.

That single injury against the Bucks last year did it. It's probably how quickly they rushed him back.

He was still amazing on the Nets before that injury.

He was an MVP candidate at some point in the season.

Against the Celtics he averaged 28/7/11 on 56% / 48%3P / 91%FT

rawimpact
05-13-2022, 08:38 AM
I love it...

I remember when Phil Jackson use to do this to light a fire under certain players. I don't know if Harden is that type, I doubt it considering his work ethic and lack of motivation but what does one have to lose throwing someone under the bus? He request a trade? His trade value may be the highest right now seeing as his decline has been pretty steep.

SATAN
05-13-2022, 08:48 AM
Wonder if them strippers go trade that raining fiat into Bitcoin. :lol

What did the reporter actually ask? Context matters.

rawimpact
05-13-2022, 08:50 AM
Wonder if them strippers go trade that raining fiat into Bitcoin. :lol

What did the reporter actually ask? Context matters.

Trade him to Utah... I doubt those Mormans and taking off their undergarments. We may see a Harden resurgence there...

GOBB
05-13-2022, 09:13 AM
What’s he supposed to say? Thought fans liked when athletes keep it real. Guess not.

Akeem34TheDream
05-13-2022, 11:58 AM
What’s he supposed to say? Thought fans liked when athletes keep it real. Guess not.

OP is emotionally retarded

FireDavidKahn
05-13-2022, 12:16 PM
Hinkie continues to get his revenge.

MrFonzworth
05-13-2022, 03:19 PM
OP is emotionally retarded

This.

GOBB
05-13-2022, 03:32 PM
Hinkie continues to get his revenge.

In Hinkie I still trust. Wish he was never forced out. However Morey ain’t bad

FultzNationRISE
05-13-2022, 03:38 PM
I wouldnt really say he threw him under the bus.

Imo voice/tone does a lot, and he was being careful/sincere.

This was my impression when I watched it. He didnt sound spiteful.

Obviously he accepted the opportunity to make sure the organization and the public all understand what the situation is now, which is reasonable. But he wasnt acting salty about it. Just matter of fact.

red1
05-13-2022, 03:39 PM
if I was embiid I would throw harden under the bus too.

it's hard to win with a shitty second option. they should have given him a real second option like a derozan. embiid and derozan would win a ring for sure.

Spurs m8
05-13-2022, 05:10 PM
I love it...

I remember when Phil Jackson use to do this to light a fire under certain players. I don't know if Harden is that type, I doubt it considering his work ethic and lack of motivation but what does one have to lose throwing someone under the bus? He request a trade? His trade value may be the highest right now seeing as his decline has been pretty steep.

Yeah it won't light a fire under Harden.

He will pout and want a trade or something