PDA

View Full Version : Runner ups are worthless

Bronbron23
05-13-2022, 09:59 PM
One chip is worth more than 1000 runner ups so what's a runner up really worth?

GimmeThat
05-13-2022, 10:04 PM

history is filled with violence, so :dancin

Shooter
05-13-2022, 10:04 PM
1 runner up is worth 1,000 1st round sweeps. MJ has 997 more to catch one of LeBron's Finals appearances.

Check

:dancin

Mate

:rockon:

FultzNationRISE
05-13-2022, 10:09 PM

Worth more what?

Nobody thinks Big Baby is better than Charles Barkley.

So what “more worth” does a title hold for Davis? It doesnt validate him as better, because hes not, and nobody thinks he is. So what does it mean or prove?

Why would you rank other guys with that metric if you dont do it for Barkley and Davis? It’s just transparent cherry picking to push an agenda, and nothing else.

/Thread. Mods go ahead and lock it up.

Bronbron23
05-13-2022, 10:23 PM
1 runner up is worth 1,000 1st round sweeps. MJ has 997 more to catch one of LeBron's Finals appearances.

Check

:dancin

Mate

:rockon:

What? MJ has 2 more chips though. Just one of those are worth more than all of brons finals losses 1 million times over.

And 1 runner up isn't worth 1000 first round losses. If you could have only one playoff appearance and it was a finals loss or 20 years of making it to the playoffs every year but losing before the finals almost everyone is taking the latter.

8Ball
05-13-2022, 10:25 PM
So if you make the finals 1000x and loss 1000x, your legacy is worst than someone that won the chip 1 time?

Retard logic alert.

Bronbron23
05-13-2022, 10:31 PM
So if you make the finals 1000x and loss 1000x, your legacy is worst than someone that won the chip 1 time?

Retard logic alert.

Absolutely. You play to win period. You don't play to almost win. There isn't a player in the history of the game that would trade 1 ring for any amount of runner ups. Same goes for Olympians. Not one Olympian would trade a gold medal for all the silver medals in the world.

That isn't retarded that's just a fact brotha

red1
05-13-2022, 10:38 PM
agreed. best player in the world is the only title that counts.

Full Court
05-13-2022, 11:14 PM
Bronie logic: Getting second place three times is better than first place once.....because, like, 3 is more than 1.

Kblaze8855
05-13-2022, 11:18 PM
And 1 runner up isn't worth 1000 first round losses. If you could have only one playoff appearance and it was a finals loss or 20 years of making it to the playoffs every year but losing before the finals almost everyone is taking the latter..

Half the hall of fames career highlight is a losing finals run. Barkley, Malone, Baylor, Ewing, West, Iverson, Miller, and on and on. I don’t even know what those old nba special vhs/dvds would be about if not for milking finals runs for drama.

The idea that making a finals run is something to laugh at was manufactured in the last 10 years and has no basis in historical evaluations. Teams used to pop bottles for winning the division when there were fewer of them. Hang a banner. It would be laid out like a significant achievement that proves you’re a winner.

Winning the central division was talked about all the time when I was a kid. Judging players by finals record started on the internet and debate sports shows entirely due to Lebron James.

Not one time in my entire basketball obsessed life did anyone bring up the finals losses of Kareem, Wilt, or whoever. It was just irrelevant data.

People have always talked rings in general but nobody acted like making the finals wasn’t the next best thing that could happen and start adding finals losses as if someone’s career got worse with each one instead of better.

A finals loss or less has been the peak of dozens of guys careers and if it makes Barkleys career better or Kidd or Iverson or whoever it makes Lebrons too.

The problem is using that bullshit in the first place.

Finals runs or even rings are not the reason players are great. Every ring ever won could be lost with an injury. Nobody gets better or worse.

Lebron just isn’t as good at basketball as Jordan was. Jordan is better than Lebron. And making the finals and losing is the second best outcome a season can have and every time it happens your career is improved just not as much as it would be by winning.

Every W counts. Making the finals requires more of them than losing early. So it’s a greater accomplishment. More winning. Just less than was possible.

Jordan is better. Losing in the finals is better for your career than losing earlier. Both things can be true. One has nothing to do with the other.

Losing in the Super Bowl hurts more I’m sure…but it still matters more than losing in the wildcard. Lose a bunch of super bowls you’re still Jim Kelly and an easy hall of famer. Lose a bunch of wild cards and you’re…hell I don’t even have an example. Because those players don’t get remembered.

Kblaze8855
05-13-2022, 11:33 PM
Bronie logic: Getting second place three times is better than first place once.....because, like, 3 is more than 1.

The problem is viewing everything through a Lebron related lens. When I got here the usual top 10 had Jerry West in it. This was 20-21 years ago so no Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, KD, Steph, KG, Dirk or so on. Shaq was usually on there but not the rest. So guys like West and Oscar were usual suspects in a top 10.

Nobody took issue with 1 ring(shooting 32% at that) and 8 or so finals losses compared to guys like Reed, Cowens, and Isiah having 2 rings without all the losses.

That entire narrative was invented out of thin air years later. And unnecessarily so. Jordan doesn’t need it to be better than Lebron at basketball.

Full Court
05-13-2022, 11:34 PM
Half the hall of fames career highlight is a losing finals run. Barkley, Malone, Baylor, Ewing, West, Iverson, Miller, and on and on. I don’t even know what those old nba special vhs/dvds would be about if not for milking finals runs for drama.

The idea that making a finals run is something to laugh at was manufactured in the last 10 years and has no basis in historical evaluations. Teams used to pop bottles for winning the division when there were fewer of them. Hang a banner. It would be laid out like a significant achievement that proves you’re a winner.

Winning the central division was talked about all the time when I was a kid. Judging players by finals record started on the internet and debate sports shows entirely due to Lebron James.

Not one time in my entire basketball obsessed life did anyone bring up the finals losses of Kareem, Wilt, or whoever. It was just irrelevant data.

People have always talked rings in general but nobody acted like making the finals wasn’t the next best thing that could happen and start adding finals losses as if someone’s career got worse with each one instead of better.

A finals loss or less has been the peak of dozens of guys careers and if it makes Barkleys career better or Kidd or Iverson or whoever it makes Lebrons too.

Finals runs or even rings are not the reason players are great. Every ring ever won could be lost with an injury. Nobody gets better or worse.

Lebron just isn’t as good at basketball as Jordan was. Jordan is better than Lebron. And making the finals and losing is the second best outcome a season can have and every time it happens your career is improved just not as much as it would be by winning.

Every W counts. Making the finals requires more of them than losing early. So it’s a greater accomplishment. More winning. Just less than was possible.

Jordan is better. Losing in the finals is better for your career than losing earlier. Both things can be true. One has nothing to do with the other.

Losing in the Super Bowl hurts more I’m sure…but it still matters more than losing in the wildcard. Lose a bunch of super bowls you’re still Jim Kelly and an easy hall of famer. Lose a bunch of wild cards and you’re…hell I don’t even have an example. Because those players don’t get remembered.

I doubt anyone actually thinks that a finals run is something to laugh at. Making to the NBA finals is a great achievement. That said though, you can't tell me that the Barkleys, Malones, Iversons, Ewings, etc. would be looked at completely differently in the all time rankings if they had won a championship. No amount of finals appearances can trump a finals win.

Full Court
05-13-2022, 11:36 PM
The problem is viewing everything through a Lebron related lens. When I got here the usual top 10 had Jerry West in it. This was 20-21 years ago so no Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, KD, Steph, KG, Dirk or so on. Shaq was usually on there but not the rest. So guys like West and Oscar were usual suspects in a top 10.

Nobody took issue with 1 ring(shooting 32% at that) and 8 or so finals losses compared to guys like Reed, Cowens, and Isiah having 2 rings without all the losses.

That entire narrative was invented out of thin air years later. And unnecessarily so. Jordan doesn’t need it to be better than Lebron at basketball.

Number of rings by itself isn't the sole measure of greatness. If it were, Russell would be the undisputed GOAT. But it's certainly one of the prime factors.

Kblaze8855
05-13-2022, 11:40 PM
I doubt anyone actually thinks that a finals run is something to laugh at. Making to the NBA finals is a great achievement. That said though, you can't tell me that the Barkleys, Malones, Iversons, Ewings, etc. would be looked at completely differently in the all time rankings if they had won a championship. No amount of finals appearances can trump a finals win.

No doubt they would be looked at differently. Starks makes the jumper to win the 94 title Ewing is better at basketball to stupid people. Nobody disputes that. It just isn’t rational.

It also isn’t rational to act like someone’s career gets worse with every finals loss but here we are. Silver medals are worse than not qualifying for the Olympics to some and it’s just dishonest or idiotic.

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 12:08 AM

Nobody's laughing at a runner up but it's nothing to celebrate either.

And I agree that losing in the finals shouldn't hurt a players career but it shouldn't significantly help it either.

And winning championships, belts, gold medals ect is absolutely what makes athletes great. Yeah you can be great without a title but all other things being equal titles are what seperate the atg. Name me one athlete that's considered a goat in there sport that never won it all?

RRR3
05-14-2022, 12:09 AM
Nobody's laughing at a runner up but it's nothing to celebrate either.

And I agree that losing in the finals shouldn't hurt a players career but it shouldn't significantly help it either.

And winning championships, belts, gold medals ect is absolutely what makes athletes great. Yeah you can be great without a title but all other things being equal titles are what seperate the atg. Name me one athlete that's considered a goat in there sport that never won it all?
Barry Bonds

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 12:25 AM
Barry Bonds

Bonds is an interesting one I'll give u that but he's way to complicated to use as an example. For one individuals baseball players impact the game less than any sport because of the nature of the game.

Second bonds is considered one of the greatest ever by some because of steroid use. Others exclude him from the convo because of it. He's still not in the hof because of it. It's hard to call someone a goat who isn't in the hof.

BarberSchool
05-14-2022, 01:14 AM
Champion won the flagship imported sports car.
Runner up won the matching set of dishes.

ImKobe
05-14-2022, 01:17 AM

Retard logic alert.

Yes.

Making 10 Finals and losing all of them would be worse than winning 1 chip in 1 try. Ask Jerry West how much he cares about his 8 Finals losses and if he considers those an achievement.

Shooter
05-14-2022, 10:03 AM
I see a dreadful amount of excessively low IQ posts and thought processes in this thread. I'm talking a painfully low amount of critical thinking skills.

Allow me to kindly educate those lacking adequate mental capacity.

No one is saying a Finals win (1st) is worse than a Finals loss (2nd).

Just like NO ONE should be saying a Finals loss (2nd) is worse than a 1st round loss (16th place).

Please check this box below if you do not agree so I can slap you. [ ]

Full Court
05-14-2022, 10:14 AM
No doubt they would be looked at differently. Starks makes the jumper to win the 94 title Ewing is better at basketball to stupid people. Nobody disputes that. It just isn’t rational.

It also isn’t rational to act like someone’s career gets worse with every finals loss but here we are. Silver medals are worse than not qualifying for the Olympics to some and it’s just dishonest or idiotic.

I don't disagree at all. I haven't been around here as long as a lot of you, so maybe I just haven't seen what you're talking about, but mostly I see people just pushing back against a narrative that 4/10 is better than 6/6 because 10>6....which is equally irrational.

RRR3
05-14-2022, 10:29 AM
Bonds is an interesting one I'll give u that but he's way to complicated to use as an example. For one individuals baseball players impact the game less than any sport because of the nature of the game.

Second bonds is considered one of the greatest ever by some because of steroid use. Others exclude him from the convo because of it. He's still not in the hof because of it. It's hard to call someone a goat who isn't in the hof.
Bonds was easily GOAT level before he did steroids lol.

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 10:42 AM
Bonds was easily GOAT level before he did steroids lol.

Who knows. It's largely believed that bonds started juicing around 98 but nobody knows for sure. He could of been taking it well before that. Point is the steroids use automatically disqualified him.

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 10:53 AM
I see a dreadful amount of excessively low IQ posts and thought processes in this thread. I'm talking a painfully low amount of critical thinking skills.

Allow me to kindly educate those lacking adequate mental capacity.

No one is saying a Finals win (1st) is worse than a Finals loss (2nd).

Just like NO ONE should be saying a Finals loss (2nd) is worse than a 1st round loss (16th place).

Please check this box below if you do not agree so I can slap you. [ ]

No duh dip shit. Nobody is disputing either of those. All some of us are saying is runner ups aren't worth that much more than an earlier playoff loss. It's obviously better in terms of you got to play longer and had a better at winning but after the fact it didn't mean much more than if you lost in a earlier round. they both suck it's just that one sucks a little more. Someone here said it best when he said ask Jerry west what he thinks of his finals losses. Do you actually believe any atg looks back and is proud of a runner up? It wasn't until ya'll pathetic Bron Stans came along and tried to make the shit cool because your boy had so many of them.

Newsflash buddy second place sucks. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iElAEfPq56Q

Shooter
05-14-2022, 11:41 AM
No duh dip shit. Nobody is disputing either of those. All some of us are saying is runner ups aren't worth that much more than an earlier playoff loss. It's obviously better in terms of you got to play longer and had a better at winning but after the fact it didn't mean much more than if you lost in a earlier round. they both suck it's just that one sucks a little more. Someone here said it best when he said ask Jerry west what he thinks of his finals losses. Do you actually believe any atg looks back and is proud of a runner up? It wasn't until ya'll pathetic Bron Stans came along and tried to make the shit cool because your boy had so many of them.

Newsflash buddy second place sucks. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iElAEfPq56Q

Listen up, retard. Do I need to slap you around? The amount of agonizingly, low-quality posts you've generated in this thread alone is enough to warrant severe punishment. Must I punish you again?

Finals loss (2nd place) = Phenomenal outcome

Making a Bronbron23 username as a thinly veiled attempt to appear unbiased while you terribly attempt to discredit him = Failure

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 11:48 AM
Listen up, retard. Do I need to slap you around? The amount of agonizingly, low-quality posts you've generated in this thread alone is enough to warrant severe punishment. Must I punish you again?

Making a Bronbron23 username as a thinly veiled attempt to appear unbiased while you terribly attempt to discredit him = Failure

Ok Curtis strange https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iElAEfPq56Q:roll:

Shooter
05-14-2022, 11:53 AM
Ok Curtis strange https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iElAEfPq56Q:roll:

So your video proved my point. Thanks for that.

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 12:11 PM
So your video proved my point. Thanks for that.

How exactly? Second sucks and third sucks more but they both suck. How did I prove your point?

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2022, 12:44 PM
OP is the quintessential low IQ, ghetto casual fan. Everything has to be black and white. Zero ability to comprehend nuance or context.

Incredibly sad mind this little guy has. He's definitely a late night shift at 711 type of brother.

Full Court
05-14-2022, 12:51 PM
Shooter's getting more desperate by the day. :roll:

Lottery Bronie causing this guy to IMPLODE.

MrFonzworth
05-14-2022, 01:22 PM

The amputee talking about slapping people around:roll::roll::roll:

dankok8
05-14-2022, 01:43 PM
kblaze is basically spot on in his assessment. The only factor that he hasn't addressed is the strength of the conferences. Since Lebron has played in the clearly weaker Eastern Conference for most of his career, some of his finals appearances were made easier because of that. And he's not the only one. Magic/Kareem in the 80's also benefited from being in the much weaker conference. There is also a solid argument that being in a weaker conference also helps to ultimately win the title because you come into the finals less fatigued and with fewer injuries much of the time because the road is easier.

Shooter
05-14-2022, 01:43 PM

Fetch boy!

Bronbron23
05-14-2022, 04:58 PM

That boi ain't slapping anyone. You know anyone talking about slapping or knocking people out online can't fight for shit.

Full Court
05-14-2022, 05:18 PM

Ok, you've got me curious. Which of his body parts is amputated?

Shooter
05-14-2022, 06:26 PM
That boi ain't slapping anyone. You know anyone talking about slapping or knocking people out online can't fight for shit.

I would crush you. You're a weak euro fa.g

Baller789
05-15-2022, 09:55 AM

Sooooo...

Which of your alts would be the best fighter?

Shooter
05-15-2022, 10:08 AM
Sooooo...

Which of your alts would be the best fighter?

Dingus789 :lol

CelticBaller
05-15-2022, 10:22 AM

bruh

iamgine
05-15-2022, 10:48 AM

Its worth is subjective. Plus need context on each circumstance.

That's why people can't agree on generalities talk.

Bronbron23
05-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Its worth is subjective. Plus need context on each circumstance.

That's why people can't agree on generalities talk.

I feel u buddy that's fair

Bronbron23
05-15-2022, 10:56 AM
What? Your crazy man :oldlol:

Bronbron23
05-15-2022, 10:58 AM

Is he really an amputee? I mean clearly he has a little stumpy baby dick but I don't think that technically counts :lol

Full Court
05-15-2022, 12:49 PM
Is he really an amputee? I mean clearly he has a little stumpy baby dick but I don't think that technically counts :lol

:lebronamazed:

MrFonzworth
05-15-2022, 02:30 PM

Yep on his TheCorporation account he opened up about his battle with diabetes. Sad life this guy lives trying to portray himself as tough across different accounts, he spends all of his time on ish.

Shooter
05-15-2022, 02:49 PM
Yep on his TheCorporation account he opened up about his battle with diabetes. Sad life this guy lives trying to portray himself as tough across different accounts, he spends all of his time on ish.

Isn't this literally where you live?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Do0-O2uvgSU/UFMP3q1lfpI/AAAAAAAAD0Q/7b66Q2VIhjQ/s400/Igloos+in+Alaska.jpg

And isn't this literally you?

https://i.postimg.cc/fW3mHMJQ/mr_fonzworthless_exposed.png

Now fetch boi!

Hey Yo
05-15-2022, 03:10 PM
What? MJ has 2 more chips though. Just one of those are worth more than all of brons finals losses 1 million times over.

And 1 runner up isn't worth 1000 first round losses. If you could have only one playoff appearance and it was a finals loss or 20 years of making it to the playoffs every year but losing before the finals almost everyone is taking the latter.

MJ has 3 titles..... rest........ and 3* titles.

4 >>>>>>>3

Bronbron23
05-15-2022, 04:17 PM

Damn that's tough. So he's an amputee and RRR3 is a retarded mexican. I wonder how many other Bron Stans on here are posing as well :oldlol:

Bronbron23
05-15-2022, 04:19 PM

4 >>>>>>>3

Bruh your math sucks:oldlol:

Full Court
05-15-2022, 04:25 PM

4 >>>>>>>3

If that's the case, then Bronie has 3* titles.

3>>>>1, genius.

Spurs m8
05-15-2022, 05:27 PM
How is this 4 pages?lol

It should be 4 posts.

Let me guess....BRON STANS are defending coming second...because they're used to losing in life too.

Cool

No one cares about runners up.

Especially when you cakewalk through a week conference and then get swept or gentleman's swept basically every time in the finals

MrFonzworth
05-15-2022, 07:40 PM
Isn't this literally where you live?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Do0-O2uvgSU/UFMP3q1lfpI/AAAAAAAAD0Q/7b66Q2VIhjQ/s400/Igloos+in+Alaska.jpg

And isn't this literally you?

https://i.postimg.cc/fW3mHMJQ/mr_fonzworthless_exposed.png

Now fetch boi!

Nope to both. How mad are you that you can't walk:yaohappy:

Axe
05-15-2022, 08:14 PM
:oldlol:

Full Court
05-15-2022, 08:34 PM
:oldlol:

^Dingus Maximus.

Axe
05-15-2022, 08:35 PM
Fetch boy!
Speaking of dogs... :rolleyes:

Full Court
05-15-2022, 08:38 PM
Speaking of dogs... :rolleyes:

Speaking of dinguses...

Axe
05-15-2022, 08:39 PM
Attention.

Baller789
05-16-2022, 01:50 AM

He's a diabetic f@t puck! :cry:

I bet he could barely climb the stairs to the second floor. :lol

I take that Shooter is your f@gg0ty persona :lol