PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd at work during Game 7

kabacho
05-16-2022, 04:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pP9aOfQhbU

https://i.ibb.co/Q6rQW62/mt1bao8xkqt71.jpg

Sulico
05-16-2022, 04:51 AM
I was stuck in 2016, I remembered him as terrible coach. I apologize. Won't ever happen again.

ImKobe
05-16-2022, 05:12 AM
I thought he would fail as a HC after his Nets' stint but I'm glad to be wrong about it. Now I'm depressed he left the Lakers' coaching staff when he could have been the next HC here.

kentatm
05-16-2022, 06:23 AM
He's never shown much loyalty to his employer so I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers could pry him away if they really wanted him.

Akeem34TheDream
05-16-2022, 06:35 AM
✓ I don't know basketball.
✓ I will hereby respect Jason Kidd and i will NOT talk down on the Hall of famer.

coin24
05-16-2022, 08:19 AM
I thought he would fail as a HC after his Nets' stint but I'm glad to be wrong about it. Now I'm depressed he left the Lakers' coaching staff when he could have been the next HC here.

As if anyone wants to coach the train wreck lakers with old washed LeTiny..

Maybe they can beg tank commanders Byron or Walton to come back :lol

Kblaze8855
05-16-2022, 09:04 AM
Doing similar things to when he played. Those good defensive leaders who talk teams through possessions are always valuable. Phil Jackson used to call it a battlefield voice. People like Pippen who could be heard over the crowd and direct the game during live action. Nice to see it translate to coaching.

hold this L
05-16-2022, 09:06 AM
I was dead wrong about Kidd.

tpols
05-16-2022, 09:24 AM
I was stuck in 2016, I remembered him as terrible coach. I apologize. Won't ever happen again.

I remember buck fans hating on him. Turns out he's a great coach.

Naero
05-16-2022, 09:46 AM
I remember buck fans hating on him. Turns out he's a great coach.

He wasn't great back then, to be fair; he was legitimately one of the most underachieving HCs during his Milwaukee and Brooklyn stints. It's no coincidence that the Bucks vaulted into title contention their first full year without him under Budenholzer.

However, he's had an epiphany from shadowing Frank Vogel in LA (as Kidd has repeatedly gone on-record to say), and it's translated beautifully to his new head-coaching gig in Dallas. He seems much more open-minded and dynamic than he was with the Bucks, and he's no longer a one-trick pony when it comes to defensive gameplanning.

Hard to deny he's a great coach now; I might even prefer him over Budenholzer at this point, which I'd never in my right mind even consider back in 2018. Turns out that like many other smart but young coaches, he just needed more experience as an assistant before finding his personal breakthrough.

Cold soul
05-16-2022, 11:19 AM
Jason Kidd is such a better coach right now then he was back in 2016.