PDA

View Full Version : So, who's the best player left? Everyone seems to have Luka, Tatum or Butler!

Nb1
05-17-2022, 02:20 AM
The whole media is of course raving about Luka right now saying he's by far the best player left. Even though Jimmy and Tatum are playing really great. The Warriors are probably the best team, but no one is really standing out between Steph, Klay, Dray other than Poole smetimes and not one single person is mentioning them.

I'm also going with Luka. The way he's playing, that determination is really incredible. Too bad he has a bad team surrounding him and one of the key players is injured. But it's crazy how much confidence he has in himself, in his head he's by far the best player and he's actually playing like it.

Who you got as the best player left in the conference finals?

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2022, 02:22 AM
Steph

Then Jimmy then bam

Then jordan poole

Then after all that you finally get to…Jayson tatum…. Then jaylen brown then horford then Kyle Lowry then Draymond then Klay then Brunson….. then Luka

Edit btw one starred

Nb1
05-17-2022, 02:35 AM
Steph? We are talking about the best, not the worst so far.

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 02:36 AM
The whole media is of course raving about Luka right now saying he's by far the best player left. Even though Jimmy and Tatum are playing really great. The Warriors are probably the best team, but no one is really standing out between Steph, Klay, Dray other than Poole smetimes and not one single person is mentioning them.

I'm also going with Luka. The way he's playing, that determination is really incredible. Too bad he has a bad team surrounding him and one of the key players is injured. But it's crazy how much confidence he has in himself, in his head he's by far the best player and he's actually playing like it.

Who you got as the best player left in the conference finals?

Easily Luka at the moment.

If we just go by the numbers right now

Luka: 32/10/7/2 4.0 TOV 58.7%TS 30.2 PER .206 WS/48 11.0 BPM 1.2 VORP 36.1 MPG
Butler: 29/8/5/2 1.7 TOV 61.8%TS 31.3 PER .327 WS/48 12.9 BPM 1.4 VORP 37.4 MPG
Curry: 27/4/6 2.6 TOV 60.1%TS 23.8 PER .185 WS/48 6.8 BPM 0.8 VORP 33.1 MPG
Tatum: 28//6/6 4.0 TOV 57.5%TS 19.4 PER .134 WS/48 5.2 BPM 0.8 VORP 41.2 MPG

Statistically It's Butler, Doncic, Curry & Tatum, but to me Luka's ahead of Jimmy because he beat the title favorite with a road Game 7 win in the most dominating fashion possible. Tatum's averages are not that good when looking at the difference in minutes per game, which is why his advanced stats pale in comparison to the other 3.

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-17-2022, 02:38 AM
1) Tatum - He pretty much has the same assists as Luka. He's not quite as good of a passer as luka but the gap isn't huge. Tatum is a much better defender and slightly better shooter which gives edge to Tatum overall.

2) Luka

3) Butler

4) Curry

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 02:41 AM
1) Tatum - He pretty much has the same assists as Luka. He's not quite as good of a passer as luka but the gap isn't huge. Tatum is a much better defender and slightly better shooter which gives edge to Tatum overall.

2) Luka

3) Butler

4) Curry

Tatum literally has the worst production out of the 4 players lmao

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-17-2022, 02:56 AM
Tatum literally has the worst production out of the 4 players lmao

Well ask yourself when comparing GOATUM to those others

Did Tatum's team win multiple playoff games without him like Luka's Mavs did vs jazz\Butler's heat vs hawks??

Did Tatum's team win with him coming off the bench like Curry did vs Nuggets

Tatum has clearly had the best playoff run. None of them shut down a superstar like Durant either.

As far as production:

Total playoff GmSC for Tatum: 39.6
Total playoff GmSc for Curry: 39.5

So Tatum still beats Curry in your "production" criteria and tatum is giving 10x better defense

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 03:02 AM
Well ask yourself when comparing GOATUM to those others

Did Tatum's team win multiple playoff games without him like Luka's Mavs did vs jazz\Butler's heat vs hawks??

Did Tatum's team win with him coming off the bench like Curry did vs Nuggets

Tatum has clearly had the best playoff run. None of them shut down a superstar like Durant either.

As far as production:

Total playoff GmSC for Tatum: 39.6
Total playoff GmSc for Curry: 39.5

So Tatum still beats Curry in your "production" criteria and tatum is giving 10x better defense

How has he had the best Playoff run? Him, Jimmy & Curry all beat injured teams and had superior supporting casts. Luka easily has had the best Playoffs out of all players right now as he beat the best team while also having the least amount of help and both the Jazz & Suns were healthy. Luka's in a different tier right now.

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-17-2022, 03:05 AM

Statistically It's Butler, Doncic, Curry & Tatum, but to me Luka's ahead of Jimmy because he beat the title favorite with a road Game 7 win in the most dominating fashion possible. Tatum's averages are not that good when looking at the difference in minutes per game, which is why his advanced stats pale in comparison to the other 3.

Curry is a supposed GOAT 3 point shooter, Tatum pretty much holds his own when comparing them.

Curry from 2015-present 3 point: 39.8% on 10.8 attempts

Tatum playoffs 2022: 38.6% on 9.2 attempts

About a percent and an attempt difference, while providing 10X higher defensive impact

Kawhi_Why_Not
05-17-2022, 03:06 AM
How has he had the best Playoff run? Him, Jimmy & Curry all beat injured teams and had superior supporting casts. Luka easily has had the best Playoffs out of all players right now as he beat the best team while also having the least amount of help and both the Jazz & Suns were healthy. Luka's in a different tier right now.

Tatum beat Durant\Irving\Giannis\Jrue

You can't name me 4 better players that Luka eliminated. On top of that, luka had his team win 2 games for him and do the dirty work. Imagine if Tatum sat out in the bucks or nets series, celtics would lose the series.

Sulico
05-17-2022, 03:17 AM
Without any personal agendas and biases it's Luka, and it's not that close.

But I guess this board wouldn't be itself without personal biases.

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 04:54 AM
Curry is a supposed GOAT 3 point shooter, Tatum pretty much holds his own when comparing them.

About a percent and an attempt difference, while providing 10X higher defensive impact

Tatum's done it for 2 series while Curry maintained a higher percentage & volume over a 100-game sample size lol. Curry also had a 3-year run at his prime/peak of shooting 41.5% from 3 on 10.8 attempts in '15-'17 Playoffs. Tatum is not on his level as a shooter :facepalm .

Phoenix
05-17-2022, 05:06 AM
Tatum beat Durant\Irving\Giannis\Jrue

You can't name me 4 better players that Luka eliminated. On top of that, luka had his team win 2 games for him and do the dirty work. Imagine if Tatum sat out in the bucks or nets series, celtics would lose the series.

Luka on the Celtics would also beat Durant/Irving/Giannis/Jrue so moot point. Let's also not ignore that the Bucks didn't even have Middleton and still took them to 7. The Celtics have a very good roster though, better than the rosters of all the guys you name, and frankly if you put Giannis on this years team they'd win 65-68 games easily. Giannis/Brown/ Smart/Horford with Williams/Schroder/White etc? Dominance.

I doubt Tatum on the Mavs with Brunson and side servings of Finney-Smith, Hardaway Jr, Dinwiddie are nearly as good as with Luka. Tatum doesn't raise the team floor offensively, just not his game.

Phoenix
05-17-2022, 05:10 AM
Tatum's done it for 2 series while Curry maintained a higher percentage & volume over a 100-game sample size lol. Curry also had a 3-year run at his prime/peak of shooting 41.5% from 3 on 10.8 attempts in '15-'17 Playoffs. Tatum is not on his level as a shooter :facepalm .

Since Kawhit is doing his customary load managing that gimmick account has moved onto stanning Tatum, so you'll get a heaping of stupid hottakes now that he's the greatest thing ever. It keep the board going. :rolleyes:

RRR3
05-17-2022, 05:22 AM
Steph

Then Jimmy then bam

Then jordan poole

Then after all that you finally get to…Jayson tatum…. Then jaylen brown then horford then Kyle Lowry then Draymond then Klay then Brunson….. then Luka

Edit btw one starred
Steaming.

RRR3
05-17-2022, 05:24 AM
As for the OP, idk. I would have said Curry without a doubt if he hadn’t declined so much this year. It still might be him though.

hold this L
05-17-2022, 07:35 AM

We can add another post to the dumbest posts ever seen on ish by the mouth breathing moron known as Kwhitter.

Phoenix
05-17-2022, 07:46 AM
We can add another post to the dumbest posts ever seen on ish by the mouth breathing moron known as Kwhitter.

Right up there with 3nutBall saying MJ is equal to Steph as a 3point shooter whenever he takes volume. Never mind that MJ's 'volume' attempts were at most 4 a game, his highest % came during the shortened line seasons, and Steph has seasons of MAKING FIVE threes a game at 40-45%, not merely 'taking' 4 or more a game. Both he and the moron you're quoting are gimmick accounts.

SATAN
05-17-2022, 07:58 AM
Will be hilarious his alleged Celtics kick Clipper's ass in the finals next season.

Not convinced it's not AirTupac btw.

RRR3
05-17-2022, 08:14 AM
He can’t believe the stuff he types, there’s no way. He changes his opinions every day, he’s just a troll and a bad one at that.

HylianNightmare
05-17-2022, 08:16 AM
Gsw has allot of people to throw at Luka. As much as I hope he steps up cause I hate GSW it's gonna be tough with open mouth, porter, klay even Wiggins to throw at him

PeroAntic
05-17-2022, 08:24 AM
Butler obviously. Most complete, smartest, toughest and with the biggest winning mentality of the three.

ralph_i_el
05-17-2022, 08:53 AM
Luckily we are going to find out pretty quick who the best of the bunch is....they'll be the one winning a bunch of games.

tpols
05-17-2022, 08:55 AM
Luka.

But he has by far the worst team.

nineiron
05-17-2022, 08:59 AM

didn't the Mavs win playoff games without Luka?

didn't Dinwiddile drop 30 in game 7?

ShawkFactory
05-17-2022, 09:46 AM

Your numbers don't say this.

Jasper
05-17-2022, 09:50 AM
Luka.

But he has by far the worst team.

this.

I hate Butler ... its his high all mighty attitude

FKAri
05-17-2022, 10:16 AM
In terms of performance so far:

Luka
Tatum
Butler
Curry

Remains to be seen if that trend will continue because it's awful close especially between the top 2.

this.

But he backs it up. I don't know how anyone can hate a guy like Butler unless he's against your team.

AlternativeAcc.
05-17-2022, 10:23 AM
Luka
Tatum
Butler
Poole
Klay

In that order

tpols
05-17-2022, 10:31 AM
this.

I like all the players left this year. Butler is a mean competitor. I think he might get the better of Tatum.

Wally450
05-17-2022, 10:47 AM
Luka
Jimmy
Tatum
Curry

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 01:50 PM
Your numbers don't say this.

Numbers have him close with Jimmy but Jimmy obviously hasn't really been tested and got to play a horrible Hawks defense and a mediocre/bad Sixers defense with Embiid injured.

didn't the Mavs win playoff games without Luka?

didn't Dinwiddile drop 30 in game 7?

The Heat won a game without Butler as well. The Celtics lost by 2 pts in a game where Tatum had 10 pts on 4/19 shooting @Milwaukee. Beating the Jazz is no amazing feat when everyone knew their weakness and could exploit it. PG and Terrance Mann beat that team last year without Kawhi.

Luka's been the most consistent out of all the remaining players and has less help than Jimmy/Steph/Tatum. That's just how it is. It's dumb to even argue. Brunson is not better than Bam or Brown, and I don't think anyone would take Luka's supporting cast over Steph's either.

nineiron
05-17-2022, 02:09 PM
Numbers have him close with Jimmy but Jimmy obviously hasn't really been tested and got to play a horrible Hawks defense and a mediocre/bad Sixers defense with Embiid injured.

The Heat won a game without Butler as well. The Celtics lost by 2 pts in a game where Tatum had 10 pts on 4/19 shooting @Milwaukee. Beating the Jazz is no amazing feat when everyone knew their weakness and could exploit it. PG and Terrance Mann beat that team last year without Kawhi.

Luka's been the most consistent out of all the remaining players and has less help than Jimmy/Steph/Tatum. That's just how it is. It's dumb to even argue. Brunson is not better than Bam or Brown, and I don't think anyone would take Luka's supporting cast over Steph's either.

Luka will get locked down by Tatum, Brown and Smart.

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 02:18 PM
Luka will get locked down by Tatum, Brown and Smart.

https://youtu.be/rXSPTxb1i1E

https://youtu.be/qY4N8NSoKAU

Doncic career average vs. Boston: 28/7/7 on 52.8%FG/69.2%TS, he hasn't shot better against any other team.

RS is obviously different though