PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie admits he was wrong about the cleveland situation.... Ben for LeBron????

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2022, 02:50 PM
fk it, imma just cut to the chase. i see what kyrie is trying to do in the long run....The great puppeteer is at it again. As a fellow puppeteer, i see what people's motives are in the long run with whatever they do and why deep down they really do it for. so i can see 20 steps ahead just like kyrie can and i know why he's doing all of this ass kissing to bron all of a sudden. Ben for Lebron? Everyone wins. If kyrie pulls this off by smoothing the waters with LeBron, he is officially top 75 all time.

Kyrie
Harris
Durant
LeBron
Bobby Portis/ Damian Jones

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 02:58 PM
This actually makes a lot of sense. I'll take Ben Simmons for an aging Bran at this point. Not sure KD would want to make that trade though.

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2022, 03:04 PM
Sorry boys.... it Looks like Papa James is coming back East... I know it's a lot of sad faces out there reading this right now

https://i.postimg.cc/v85j3Rdt/kWag3aw.gif

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2022, 03:14 PM
The **** would LA trade the second biggest star in NBA history for one of the biggest headcases in NBA history? You guys are insane.

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2022, 03:14 PM
The **** would LA trade the second biggest star in NBA history for one of the biggest headcases in NBA history? You guys are insane.

They are panicking :oldlol:....its sinking in

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2022, 03:18 PM
They are panicking :oldlol:....its sinking in

No I always figured that you were nuts. Lakers aren't trading the biggest star in the game that can still average 30 for a guy that didn't play the whole season because he's sad and they said ban things. You can think what you want but it's not happening. Stupid topic.

j3lademaster
05-17-2022, 03:19 PM
This actually makes a lot of sense. I'll take Ben Simmons for an aging Bran at this point. Not sure KD would want to make that trade though.Definitely not. It's 2000x worse than his GS situation but seen on the surface as a similar team-up.

j3lademaster
05-17-2022, 03:22 PM
The **** would LA trade the second biggest star in NBA history for one of the biggest headcases in NBA history? You guys are insane.Lebron's not going anywhere. Maybe a power move to get his son drafted somewhere, if he even holds that kind of sway at that point.

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2022, 03:36 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Qtq0p3R6/FAD8-B54-B-ED86-4351-8-B8-E-75-E6-B9-A9135-C.png

https://i.postimg.cc/nrg7mScR/205-DD806-3-AA9-4415-8136-BA377-E499-B29.gifI

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 04:01 PM
Definitely not. It's 2000x worse than his GS situation but seen on the surface as a similar team-up.

It would be a lose-lose for his legacy like in GS. Most of the KD haters back in '16 obviously were Bran fans because he basically ruined Lebron's chances of winning another championship, so him teaming up with Bron and winning 1 or 2 with him wouldn't boost his own legacy either, and if he failed to win any he'd get all the blame for losing with Bran as he's the younger of the two while Bran has the age excuse.

Lebron's not going anywhere. Maybe a power move to get his son drafted somewhere, if he even holds that kind of sway at that point.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. He's bailed out after 4 seasons in his previous 2 stints, and the Lakers clearly are in a bad position to contend for another chip if they don't somehow get a return for Westbrook as they have no real trade chips, so would it really shock you if he forced his way out in order to win another championship?

FKAri
05-17-2022, 04:07 PM
It would be a lose-lose for his legacy like in GS. Most of the KD haters back in '16 obviously were Bran fans because he basically ruined Lebron's chances of winning another championship, so him teaming up with Bron and winning 1 or 2 with him wouldn't boost his own legacy either, and if he failed to win any he'd get all the blame for losing with Bran as he's the younger of the two while Bran has the age excuse.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. He's bailed out after 4 seasons in his previous 2 stints, and the Lakers clearly are in a bad position to contend for another chip if they don't somehow get a return for Westbrook as they have no real trade chips, so would it really shock you if he forced his way out in order to win another championship?

But Lakers were in a bad position to contend even before Lebron got here. Sure they had assets but so does most of the league. That's not why he came to LA. He came for extracurriculars. I think he's staying in LA.

1987_Lakers
05-17-2022, 04:14 PM

This

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2022, 04:23 PM
If James was forcing his way out the deal would still have to be Simmons Irving and 15 future firsts. But seeing as he isn't it ain't happening. You are deluded hater idiot if you buy into this crap. You don't trade the league's top asset for the league's worst asset.

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 04:39 PM
If James was forcing his way out the deal would still have to be Simmons Irving and 15 future firsts. But seeing as he isn't it ain't happening. You are deluded hater idiot if you buy into this crap. You don't trade the league's top asset for the league's worst asset.

Which team is giving the Lakers two stars + multiple 1sts for Bran right now?

Would you give up Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart & future picks for Lebron?

Spurs m8
05-17-2022, 04:57 PM
Op is a fvcking moron

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2022, 05:18 PM
source?

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2022, 05:38 PM
Which team is giving the Lakers two stars + multiple 1sts for Bran right now?

Would you give up Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart & future picks for Lebron?

No because I like those players but if LA had him on the trade market that wouldn't be enough. You hate him so you are talking a stupid position. James is insanely marketable and still plays at an elite level.

Also I should mention that that package is far more valuable than Simmons. You ask the Celtics to give up JB alone for Simmons and the Celtics laugh in your face. Celtics wouldn't give you Smart either. A desperate team would take him in but no team in a good position would want to be paying the max to hopefully convince this guy to play basketball let alone give up good players to put themselves in the Nets' awful position.

Manny98
05-17-2022, 06:27 PM
No because I like those players but if LA had him on the trade market that wouldn't be enough. You hate him so you are talking a stupid position. James is insanely marketable and still plays at an elite level.

Also I should mention that that package is far more valuable than Simmons. You ask the Celtics to give up JB alone for Simmons and the Celtics laugh in your face. Celtics wouldn't give you Smart either. A desperate team would take him in but no team in a good position would want to be paying the max to hopefully convince this guy to play basketball let alone give up good players to put themselves in the Nets' awful position.
lol Simmons is way better than Jaylen and Smart on both ends of the floor :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2022, 06:30 PM
lol Simmons is way better than Jaylen and Smart on both ends of the floor :facepalm

:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2022, 06:57 PM

Really. And what is he averaging this season? If you asked a Philly fan who they would rather have to win a playoff game what would they tell you? What are his stats this season again?

Im so nba'd out
05-17-2022, 07:21 PM
Just tell the lakers to trade AD to us when they blow it up this offseason....Big Wiggle + Big Bird (bird fed). Its gonna be a shot blocking party and everyone is invited

Shooter
05-17-2022, 09:52 PM
This actually makes a lot of sense. I'll take Ben Simmons for an aging Bran at this point. Not sure KD would want to make that trade though.

This is why low IQ individuals such as yourself are not typically appointed to be NBA GMs.

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 10:50 PM

Ok, but he's also 38 and has been hurt in 3 out of the last 4 seasons. I don't hate him, that's ****ing stupid lmao. If you can find me a team that would give up multiple stars & picks, I'd take that in a heartbeat at this point. James is on his way out and the Lakers are not in a position to win next year, of course I'd entertain the trade. Ben wanted to be a Laker coming into the league and is also under Klutch Sports. Him and AD would be an interesting duo.

This is why low IQ individuals such as yourself are not typically appointed to be NBA GMs.

Bran's on an expiring deal, and if he wanted out, I'd take Ben Simmons over losing him for nothing lmao.

1987_Lakers
05-17-2022, 11:08 PM
Kyrie didn't realize how good he had it with LeBron, had to find out the hard way he isn't a #1 option.

"If I was in the same maturity line and understanding of who I am [now], and I look back, we definitely, definitely would've won more championships," 30-year-old Irving, who now plays alongside Kevin Durant on the Brooklyn Nets, said in the episode.

"Because there would've been a better man-to-man understanding [with LeBron] about what I'm going through," he added. "I didn't know how to share my emotions. I didn't know how to do that. So instead of sharing, I isolated myself."

"We didn't talk during that time," Irving said. "When I look back on what I was going through at that time, I wish I did [talk to LeBron], because it would've been a good understanding of what the future will hold for both of us and we know how much power we both had together."

"Me and him in the league together running Cleveland, and then being able to put a better team together every single year would've definitely been worth it," - Kyrie

Chuckbe
05-18-2022, 02:00 AM
source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d1rUoTT0Q4

Real Men Wear Green
05-18-2022, 07:22 AM
Ok, but he's also 38 and has been hurt in 3 out of the last 4 seasons. I don't hate him, that's ****ing stupid lmao. If you can find me a team that would give up multiple stars & picks, I'd take that in a heartbeat at this point. James is on his way out and the Lakers are not in a position to win next year, of course I'd entertain the trade. Ben wanted to be a Laker coming into the league and is also under Klutch Sports. Him and AD would be an interesting duo.

Bran's on an expiring deal, and if he wanted out, I'd take Ben Simmons over losing him for nothing lmao.
Your hate for James is obvious to everyone. Thinking your denial fools people is what's stupid. You would trade the most marketable gut in the NBA who just averaged 30 and is still a top 10 player for a guy that won't play because of mental health issues... it is what it is.

Manny98
05-18-2022, 07:29 AM
Really. And what is he averaging this season? If you asked a Philly fan who they would rather have to win a playoff game what would they tell you? What are his stats this season again?
He was injured this season....

The three years before he's made the all star team every year and is widely considered as the best defender in the NBA

Real Men Wear Green
05-18-2022, 08:19 AM
He was injured this season....

The three years before he's made the all star team every year and is widely considered as the best defender in the NBA

Do the bad back kept him out all year until he finally decided to get it operated on after the season? That was all there was to it? You are defending him because he's on your favorite team. Everyone knows why he wasn't playing. His own people talk about his mental health challenges. If the Lakers actually wanted to trade James (they don't) they could get just about anyone outside of a short list of guys that will be on the All-NBA first or second team. And a number of All-NBA players would also be options if team ownership values money over winning. They would be idiots to settle for Ben Simmons. A true bidding war between teams that wanted James is either getting them five first round picks or a real superstar.

Shogon
05-18-2022, 08:23 AM
Do the bad back kept him out all year until he finally decided to get it operated on after the season? That was all there was to it? You are defending him because he's on your favorite team. Everyone knows why he wasn't playing. His own people talk about his mental health challenges. If the Lakers actually wanted to trade James (they don't) they could get just about anyone outside of a short list of guys that will be on the All-NBA first or second team. And a number of All-NBA players would also be options if team ownership values money over winning. They would be idiots to settle for Ben Simmons. A true bidding war between teams that wanted James is either getting them five first round picks or a real superstar.

I agree with everything that you're saying up until that last sentence... I don't think anyone is giving up 5 first round picks for LeBron at this point.

Shogon
05-18-2022, 08:30 AM
Let's make a list of guys that teams wouldn't trade in order to get LeBron right now... 2022 offseason...

Jokic? No.
Embiid? No.
Giannis? No.
Luka? No.
Tatum? No.
Curry? No.
Durant? Eh, probably not.
Morant? Eh, probably not. Though he should be because of health. If health wasn't a factor, absolutely not.
Booker? Eh, probably not. Though he absolutely should be. Age is just too big a factor.
KAT is borderline, although he absolutely should be. Again, age.
Zion would also be a clear no if he wasn't completely undisciplined.

Which is still pretty amazing considering LeBron is probably heading in to the last 2 seasons of his career.

That's probably the list.

But then again, as you said, there might be some guys on this list that owners would absolutely force their franchise to do the deal anyways just from a monetary and exposure perspective, heh.

ImKobe
05-18-2022, 08:56 AM
Your hate for James is obvious to everyone. Thinking your denial fools people is what's stupid. You would trade the most marketable gut in the NBA who just averaged 30 and is still a top 10 player for a guy that won't play because of mental health issues... it is what it is.

You have to be trolling me with this take. There's no way you believe that a player going into his 19th season is worth multiple stars and 1st round picks. There's no team out there that would even entertain that trade.

Give me one team that trades multiple stars for Bran and is in a better place to contend for a championship.

Shooter
05-18-2022, 09:13 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Qtq0p3R6/FAD8-B54-B-ED86-4351-8-B8-E-75-E6-B9-A9135-C.png

https://i.postimg.cc/nrg7mScR/205-DD806-3-AA9-4415-8136-BA377-E499-B29.gifI

https://i.postimg.cc/qqccPGZv/200w.gif

Shooter
05-18-2022, 09:14 AM
You have to be trolling me with this take. There's no way you believe that a player going into his 19th season is worth multiple stars and 1st round picks. There's no team out there that would even entertain that trade.

Give me one team that trades multiple stars for Bran and is in a better place to contend for a championship.

It's LeBron fu**ing James. Not Kobe. Not MJ.

LeBron Raymone Fu*ing James

Manny98
05-18-2022, 09:15 AM
Nah give me 7 years of a healthy prime Ben Simmons over two years of old LeBron any day

Real Men Wear Green
05-18-2022, 09:18 AM

He's in his 19th season but he's got longevity like Tom Brady. You are ignoring the fact that he just averaged 30. In three years if he declines and is averaging 23 he's still one of the best forwards in the game. And what owner wouldn't want to be selling tickets and ads in a season where everyone is expecting him to break the scoring record?

But you would trade this guy so you can have Been Simmons sit on the sideline looking like a pack of skittles.

That's why you have defined yourself as just another troll.

You don't think James is a good as other people do? There is some rational logic to saying a few guys are better. I think Jordan is definitely ahead of him and Kareem might be. But you Avril like Lakers would be better off with Ben Simmons. What he do for Philly? Did he help the Nets stop Tatum when they absolutely could have used a strong 6'10 wing defender?

Lebron23
05-18-2022, 09:27 AM
https://scontent-hkt1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/282559487_7600758293298050_8852694860479421326_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=qsSBkW7DC7MAX-KGMTf&tn=zVlpKNAM7it7OX4N&_nc_ht=scontent-hkt1-2.xx&oh=00_AT8vFU3b9NBF5fsqj4--8SGFvAjiaLyWRwvG8XL6W1xT-w&oe=628A8667

ImKobe
05-18-2022, 09:41 AM
He's in his 19th season but he's got longevity like Tom Brady. You are ignoring the fact that he just averaged 30. In three years if he declines and is averaging 23 he's still one of the best forwards in the game. And what owner wouldn't want to be selling tickets and ads in a season where everyone is expecting him to break the scoring record?

But you would trade this guy so you can have Been Simmons sit on the sideline looking like a pack of skittles.

You don't think James is a good as other people do? There is some rational logic to saying a few guys are better. I think Jordan is definitely ahead of him and Kareem might be. But you Avril like Lakers would be better off with Ben Simmons. What he do for Philly? Did he help the Nets stop Tatum when they absolutely could have used a strong 6'10 wing defender?

Comparing NFL to the NBA, really? Is Brady playing an 82-game RS and a 16-20+ game Playoffs? Is his job to sprint and jump for 35+ minutes a game?

Tickets are cool & all, but if your goal is to win a championship, trading multiple stars and sacrificing your future for 1-2 years of this version of Bran makes no sense.

It has nothing to do with Lebron's all-time ranking. He's turning 38 years old this calendar year and is going on year 19, can you get this point to your head?

Nets were forced to trade for Simmons because Harden forced his way out, and the return was two role players + injured Simmons + mediocre picks.

And guess what, even a pre-hamstring Harden coming off a 34/7/8 season at age 32 only got role players + future picks in return for Houston.

I'm done here, this is ****ing stupid. It's not even a good attempt at trolling.

moongaze
05-18-2022, 10:09 AM
Kyrie is wrong again. It has nothing to do with his immaturity but the fact that Kevin Durant joined the warriors that kept the Cavs from winning more titles. Oh and lebron was the perfect teammate to help Kyrie learn how to be a winner.

Real Men Wear Green
05-18-2022, 10:15 AM
Comparing NFL to the NBA, really? Is Brady playing an 82-game RS and a 16-20+ game Playoffs? Is his job to sprint and jump for 35+ minutes a game? James just did 30ppg over something like 50 games at 37. You should be able to understand how that demonstrates longevity. Think. Its not hard

Tickets are cool & all, but if your goal is to win a championship, trading multiple stars and sacrificing your future for 1-2 years of this version of Bran makes no sense.

It has nothing to do with Lebron's all-time ranking. He's turning 38 years old this calendar year and is going on year 19, can you get this point to your head? You bring up championships when you are arguing for Ben Simmons? Who had the one point playoffs game again? And that was in the good old days when he played basketball.

Nets were forced to trade for Simmons because Harden forced his way out, and the return was two role players + injured Simmons + mediocre picks. Lakers don't have that problem so this is completely irrelevant. James doesn't want to leave and the Lakers don't want him to go. You want him to leave but guess what? Your opinion doesn't matter. LA would only trade him in a great deal. They are not just getting rid of him because he offends Kobe stan.

FKAri
05-18-2022, 11:09 AM

I highly doubt Lebron will be averaging 23 in 3 years.

Real Men Wear Green
05-18-2022, 11:21 AM
I highly doubt Lebron will be averaging 23 in 3 years.

I'm not guaranteeing it but have we ever seen someone average 30 at 37? When someone shows himself to be this different I accept the possibility that they could continue to be different