PDA

View Full Version : Khris Middleton vs Jimmy Butler

Jasper
05-22-2022, 10:29 AM
Khris 30 years old 20ppg 5 boards 5 dimes Per 18 44 % with a 37% from 3 pt line

Jimmy 32 years old 21 ppg 5 boards 5 dimes Per 23 48% with a 32% from 3 pt line

Scenario's Which player would be a better fit for Milwaukee ???

Scenario Which player would be a better fit for Miami ???

** Jimmy has the ball in his hand more often than Khris , but this year Khris numbers are down as he stated when he left the team facilities last interview.
Jimmy may be having his best year after stints with Chicago , Philly and now Miami.

I feel as if neither player is option 1 but both are perfect Robin players.

thoughts on these all-stars

SouBeachTalents
05-22-2022, 10:32 AM
I’m still not even sure at times if threads like these are legitimate, or if the poster’s just trolling.

Phoenix
05-22-2022, 10:44 AM
I don't think there's a situation you could conture up that has Middleton come out ahead. Better lead player? Butler. Better 2nd option player.? Butler. Would the Heat be worse with Middleton? Yes. Would the Bucks be better with Butler? Uhhh...( half second contemplation).....yes.

Shooter
05-22-2022, 10:49 AM
I don't think there's a situation you could conture up that has Middleton come out ahead. Better lead player? Butler. Better 2nd option player.? Butler. Would the Heat be worse with Middleton? Yes. Would the Bucks be better with Butler? Uhhh...( half second contemplation).....yes.

+1

Jasper
05-22-2022, 11:40 AM

think Butler could be a better 2nd option for Giannis.
But his failure to hit as many 3 pointers as Khris does could impact the team.

This is really a tough call as some posters are now realizing , because quite frankly they are pretty evenly matched.

Butler has an air of arrogance to him which could put Khris on his heals if they played one on one.

Jasper
05-22-2022, 11:41 AM
I would agree Khris would be less of a 1st option if he played for the Heat.

Phoenix
05-22-2022, 11:55 AM
think Butler could be a better 2nd option for Giannis.
But his failure to hit as many 3 pointers as Khris does could impact the team.

This is really a tough call as some posters are now realizing , because quite frankly they are pretty evenly matched.

Butler has an air of arrogance to him which could put Khris on his heals if they played one on one.

We've had the benefit of seeing Butler in the lead, finals trip in 2020, up 2-1 in the ECFs this year and potentially another finals run. The Heat aren't a first seed with Middleton, just not seeing that, so the entire situation turns out differently. I'm not saying Middleton ain't nice, he is, but he's more in the top 20-25 range. Jimmy is more in the lower half of the top 15. I mean you can look at some similarities in stats but just watching the two play over time and in their respective situations, I don't think it's that difficult to see that Butler is a superior overall talent.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2022, 12:35 PM

i think Milwaukee might actually be that situation.

Im sure Giannis prefers having Khris next to him and in the locker than Butler.

rmt
05-22-2022, 03:15 PM
I think each is perfect just where they are. Khris is the perfect foil for Giannis - strong where he isn't particularly - shooter, excellent free throw, spacing the floor - especially so at end of games. Personality-wise too - low-key, not as arrogant (if true) as Butler.

Butler is better closer to the basket and would clog up the paint for Giannis. But, of course, disregarding teams, Butler is the better overall player - defense, toughness, etc.

rmt
05-22-2022, 03:19 PM
I don't think it should be understated how important it is to keep Giannis happy - with teammates that fit his personality, family members, etc.

red1
05-22-2022, 03:20 PM
butler is a legend. a bit biased but I feel that way. he is a true first option.

middleton is a great, excellent, very talented scorer. natural second option in today's nba.

there is a difference.