PDA

View Full Version : John Stockton writes letter supporting alleged Capitol insurrectionist

Lebron23
05-22-2022, 03:29 PM
https://www.pennlive.com/resizer/fcQ_kaRfZs3iEqc9XKzVGTxlZuc=/800x0/smart/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/advancelocal/O7LPMLNBAZBIPEYBBFQK5SDK7I.jpeg

John Stockton was known for his slick assists on the NBA’s hardwood, and the former Utah Jazz star is reportedly still trying to hand them out in his post-hoops life.

Only the latest assist from the Hall of Fame point guard is intended to support a woman who is facing up to six months in prison for taking part in the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

According to reports, Stockton wrote a letter to a federal judge in support of Janet Buhler, who has reportedly pleaded guilty to “a single misdemeanor charge of parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.” She was reportedly charged with five misdemeanors prior to pleading.

Stockton’s connection to her, according to the reports, is that Buhler is the wife of former Jazz team chiropractor Craig Buhler.
“Janet Buhler is one of the kindest people I have ever known,” Stockton wrote of Buhler’s personality outside of alleged insurrection participation. “She has spent a lifetime helping her family, including her husband, care for their patients. She goes to church regularly, volunteers at the homeless shelter, and teaches music endlessly, piano and violin, to children in their home.

“I haven’t heard her raise her voice, or confront anyone,” he added. “In fact, she is quite reserved. She is intelligent and good company. I frankly cannot imagine that Janet could knowingly break the law, nor be involved in anything destructive, ever, no matter the situation. In my opinion, Janet Buhler is a quality person of high character.”

It’s the latest right-wing alignment for Stockton who has spoken out against COVID-19 vaccines and has claimed, without providing any evidence, that “over 100 professional athletes” had died after being vaccinated.

No professional athletes have been confirmed to have died from receiving the vaccine.

The former Gonzaga standout was also reportedly suspended from attending the school’s home games last season for refusing to comply with its mask mandates.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2022/05/former-utah-jazz-star-john-stockton-writes-letter-supporting-alleged-capitol-insurrectionist.html

I am glad Stockton and Malone never won an NBA Championship. Stockton is a trumptard, and also Anti Covid Vaccine/Anti Mask Mandate.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2022/05/former-utah-jazz-star-john-stockton-writes-letter-supporting-alleged-capitol-insurrectionist.html

fsvr54
05-22-2022, 03:30 PM
You would've just ousted yourself as a total idiot if you hadn't done it already numerous times.

Cheers to Stockton. :cheers:

Lebron23
05-22-2022, 03:35 PM
You would've just ousted yourself as a total idiot if you hadn't done it already numerous times.

Cheers to Stockton. :cheers:

Stockton is an idiot just like you.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2022, 03:37 PM
Major props to Stockton who isn't a brainwashed idiot

John8204
05-22-2022, 03:41 PM
Meh..I get where he's coming from...this was a woman in a crowd who got into the capital building contextualizing her to a judge is fine in my eyes. Not everyone who stormed the capital did so with the intent of raping and murdering congressmen and over throwing the government.

tpols
05-22-2022, 03:43 PM
:applause:

Good shit John. That basketball IQ matching real life. And he won't sell out because he doesn't care about fame.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2022, 03:43 PM
I don't have anything against Stockton, but I will always stand with Louie.

#IStandWithLouie

red1
05-22-2022, 03:53 PM
dumb broad is lucky she has a friend in a high place.

these retards thought there would actually be a coup that day.

the military defeating the deep-state. AHAHAHAHA. :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
05-22-2022, 03:54 PM

they thought Trump would be behind them! :roll:

rmt
05-22-2022, 04:03 PM
What exactly is wrong with anyone giving a character reference of someone he knows personally and professionally (through her husband) for decades? REPORTEDLY, a single misdemeanor charge - that's what the article says. Did OP have anything to say about the destruction from BLM protestors over the "summer of love"?

red1
05-22-2022, 04:12 PM

trump is a shrewd politician. he cast these clowns aside the way you and I would throw out a used condom.

cast them aside - after inciting them to come to his aid.

he summoned his elite forces to the capitol for the insurrection america has been waiting for since they earned their freedom from the high-taxing brits

america first.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/1f/97/6a/1f976a58890e90905d3c811d2647a5f5.jpg

fsvr54
05-22-2022, 04:32 PM

Except they were mostly antifa agent provocateurs and the feds literally opened the fence for them to enter. But keep sleeping. I guess it's not surprising you're Canadian

paksat
05-22-2022, 05:09 PM
OP would have a problem with july 4th 1776

Full Court
05-22-2022, 05:33 PM
Stockton is an idiot just like you.

You're the idiot.

Cheers to Stockton, who recognizes that this "insurrection" crap is nothing but a political witchhunt.

Full Court
05-22-2022, 05:33 PM
OP would have a problem with july 4th 1776

Low-testosterone OP would have been whimpering in his basement during the Boston Tea Party.

John8204
05-22-2022, 06:07 PM
You're the idiot.

Cheers to Stockton, who recognizes that this "insurrection" crap is nothing but a political witchhunt.

It seems like it's just a witch-hunt because none of the political figures that caused the January 6th event are going to jail.

BarberSchool
05-22-2022, 06:11 PM
Regardless of wherever we fall on the political spectrum, if anyone puts even a small amount of effort to watch the footage, there are a few dozen destructive people, who destroyed computers and property, but most of the people who entered, were literally let inside the building by security guards who literally ushered them inside.

Anyone taking extreme sides on this event, is guilty of either being misled, or of being dishonest. The whole event has been massively overblown by the corporate media, for political purposes.

bison
05-22-2022, 07:57 PM
Stockton is a true American patriot.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2022, 09:09 PM
Stockton is a true American patriot.

Uhh, first of all no he isnt. Louie is.

Second of all, why would you even use the phrase “true american patriot” without being talking about Lebron?

And third, do you want me to just beat the absolute shit out of you you ****ing son of an asshole??

Full Court
05-22-2022, 09:12 PM
Regardless of wherever we fall on the political spectrum, if anyone puts even a small amount of effort to watch the footage, there are a few dozen destructive people, who destroyed computers and property, but most of the people who entered, were literally let inside the building by security guards who literally ushered them inside.

Anyone taking extreme sides on this event, is guilty of either being misled, or of being dishonest. The whole event has been massively overblown by the corporate media, for political purposes.

Yeah. The handful of people that actually broke the law should be punished accordingly. But this witch hunt is going far beyond that.

bladefd
05-22-2022, 09:41 PM

Trump ran to the White House to hide after inciting his followers to "fight like hell". He told them all to go march on the Capitol.

“If you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

“We are going to the Capitol,” Trump told his followers, to “try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.”

Then he bolts to the White House :oldlol:

plowking
05-22-2022, 10:07 PM
I am glad Stockton and Malone never won an NBA Championship. Stockton is a trumptard, and also Anti Covid Vaccine/Anti Mask Mandate.

He is literally providing a character reference for a close friend... In what way does this make him a bad person? Regardless of political affiliations, etc.

Your opinions seem pulled straight from a twitter thread.

Full Court
05-22-2022, 10:14 PM
He is literally providing a character reference for a close friend... In what way does this make him a bad person? Regardless of political affiliations, etc.

Your opinions seem pulled straight from a twitter thread.

Bronie23 is one of the chronic morons on here.

Figures he'd also be a left wing lemming. Funny how that works.

theman93
05-22-2022, 10:15 PM
https://www.pennlive.com/resizer/fcQ_kaRfZs3iEqc9XKzVGTxlZuc=/800x0/smart/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/advancelocal/O7LPMLNBAZBIPEYBBFQK5SDK7I.jpeg

What's wrong with being against forced injections/putting something on yourself you don't want?

90sgoat
05-22-2022, 11:45 PM

You're living in a country that first voted in a genocidal madman and then voted in the son of an ousted dictator.

Your country is basically Trumptard country on steroids.

The Hick
05-23-2022, 05:32 AM

The demtards thought their lives would get better by burning down buildings, looting businesses, killing dozens of people and demanding to defund police. Result: crime up. Murders up. Their leaders kept the money to buy themselves houses and pay their baby daddy's millions of dollars BWAAAHAAAHAAHAA :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
05-23-2022, 06:05 AM
What's wrong with being against forced injections/putting something on yourself you don't want?

Forced injections would be wrong. Requiring masks at large public gatherings during a pandemic however is just an intelligent precaution. Stockton was being silly. But it doesn't make him a bad person. Nor d6ies wiring this letter in support of this woman. He could be wrong about her character but the letter he wrote was in defense of her as a person not in support of the stupid attempted insurrection or denying that she was there.

Shaquille O'Neal
05-23-2022, 07:55 AM
These idiots calling Jan 6th an "insurrection" must have MSNBC on 24/7. These were protests due to a rigged ass election in 2020. They weren't armed militia storming the capitol building - most of them were pausing for pictures.
And besides - this wasn't a video game of capture the flag - you don't "win" the "insurrection" even if you take the capitol building. Idiots.

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2022, 09:26 AM
OP with a strong backfire.

No one agreeing with him.

Damn.